What's Cookin?

Options

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    042c21d5.jpg

Tuscan Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes & Parmesan Fettuccine....

Weight Watchers...
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    9686c36b.jpg

There is no reason to skip dessert!

Individual Angel Food Cakes with Strawberries and Rich Chocolate Sauce (Cooking Light 227 calories!)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    262e1266.jpg

Because I'm a good friend, and a little evil, I made garlic7girl's Maple Scones... Except I added a little twist and put a maple glaze on top with some sparking sugar!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! They look divine!!!!! Did the toddler like them??? How they taste?! I feel anxious!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh wow - you peeps have been posting some yummy stuff lately! (As usual, eh!)

Crystal - the glazed drumsticks and meatballs in particular look wonderful. What are those spring rolls in your last pic? They look like the kind my company makes. LOL

Loves - you had me at parmesan fettuccine.... *sigh*

Pix - the stuffed peppers sound super healthy and look wonderful!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Lunch today was a quick pan concoction of mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, shrimp and garlic with a little butter, lemon juice and chili powder. I served it over whole wheat pasta and it was about 400 calories for a generous plateful. Yum!

spinachshroomsshrimptomatoes1.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    7cf3dbde.jpg

Blackbean and Rice Enchiladas!
    Tastes of Home....
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Tasty!!!!!!!! Believe it or not I didn't try black beans till I was an adult!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/CaramelPecanBuns1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/CaramelPecanBuns6.jpg[/img]

Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns. Recipe on dustwithflour.com

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/ChickenPaprikaPotatoes.jpg[/img]

Chicken Paprikish Topped Potatoes. Recipe on www.myrecipes.com (cooking light)

Nikki, that shrimp looks really good!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ms Pixla...that potato looks like it has my name alllllll over it!!!!!!
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say that I am finally going to visit this forum and at least read it and drool if I don't get recipes and stuff up - I don't have a camera really! I do have a Flip and might get a little bit of stuff going over on my blog that I can feed through to here, photo wise. But anyway, damn these foodz look so lovely.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nikkie that shrimp pasta is right in line with the kind of stuff I throw together - taking some notes...
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    7c848e4e.jpg

Just threw this together with leftovers!
    Romaine Salad with Shrimp, feta and dried cherries with a fresh balsamic vinegrette!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    54b79f9a.jpg

Chicken with Rice and Mushrooms.... Cooking Light Jan/Feb.... Very Good!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    So, I made this recipe from Publix today --
    It was a chicken citrus salad -- really easy. Take two grapefruit, cut in half and remove the sections. Squeeze the juice in a bowl; add 1/2 cup lemon curd and 1 tsp minced garlic and whisk (I left out the black sesame seeds.) Arrange grilled chicken and grape fruit sections over a bag of spring mix, and drizzle with dressing...serve with toasted cheese bread. It was incredible!

I didn't take a picture of it, but here is the link to the recipe. You all should put this one in your recipe box -- it seems easy to modify, was quick, and AWESOME!

http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/AllRecipes/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=4629&mealGroupId=1000
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Sounds good! Can't wait to see it!

9eeb1c62.jpg

Mushroom and Provolone Patty Melt with Roasted Red Potatoes...
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    d2ceeea7.jpg

Chicken Panini with Spinach and sun-dried tomatoes... Cooking Light Jan/Feb 2012
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Nice - you've been on a sandwich kick lately, eh? :) They look awesome!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I love it...with 2 brothers growing up I learned to be a sandwich princess...so right down my alley Ms Loves!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Now I think I have posted before I looooooooooooove cookbooks I read them like books...over and over..so the library is perfect. Well, I got the The Supermarket Diet Cookbook not because I am using their diet but recipes seemed down my alley. I tried the Macaroni and Cheese on the Light Side and very TASTY and delicious.
    I had black-eyed peas and greens with it. I was amazed I made the whole meal in like 35 minutes! I love to cook but due to my job I am what I call a 'scratch' in a Flash cook...I like real ingredients and love to cook but no time to cook for longperiods.

1 Pkg (16 oz) whole-wheat pasta [I used spiral]
    2 Tbsp butter or margarine
    3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    3 1/2 cups low-fat milk 1% (whatever type 'milk' you like)
    6 oz shredded (1 1/2 cups) reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (such as Cabot 50% Light)
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
    2 Packages of frozen mixed vegetables (10 oz each)

1- In a large sauce-pot cook pasta as label directs.
    2-Meanwhile, in 3-quart pot melt butter over medium heat. With a wire whisk, stir in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and, stirring constantly cook over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Boil 1 minute, stirring.
    3-Remove saucepan from heat and stir in Cheese and Parmesan cheeses just until melted.
    4-Put cooked pasta and cooked veggies in sauce and stir till blended.

6 servings and 522 a serving...now that is a lot and I didn't eat that much I ate more as a side then the main dish. I didn't mix in veggies. I had the greens. I tweak all recipes to how I like and want to taste. It was very cheesy and warming....better then box or frozen.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    That sounds really good! Hubby loves Mac and Cheese!

39904c66.jpg

Moroccan Meatballs with Carrots and Couscous.... Very good!
    (did have to add a little salt though)