3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Question ladies...how do you find the "Mommy board"? I can't find it. I know I still have a while, but wanted to see where it is. Thanks!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Ashley- Thanks for sharing your pictures, and Daphne is adorable. I love that picture where she is in the basket. Glad to hear things are working out with the breastfeeding and she has gained her weight back. Yay!

Also, thansk for the suggestions as to what to take to the hospital. Very much appreciated.

Rayna- Hope you can get your walk, and the pain leaves you alone. It's ok to feel that way, I would too if my mom couldn't make it in time. Hope Mason comes early!

~Brenda~36 wks 1 dy

Dr's appt tomorrow afternoon, w ultrasound. I am so anxious. :happy:
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ashley - Your pics are adorable!!!! Daphne is so precious!!!! Makes me more and more anxious!

AFM: only got a second, but I've had lots of contractions today, a lot more painful than they have been and a KILLER backache, so maybe it means something will actually happen! My doctor told me to call if my headache gets worse and it has, but I am trying so hard to hold out! I know she will induce me and I don't want her too, but then I feel bad about not listening to her. I just feel like things are so close, if I wait one more day it will happen. So far I've waited 7 days and it's not happening, but maybe one more day. Just really want to go into labor on my own this time!!!!

One good thing about baby being in a posterior position is I actually see her feet poke out my belly, it's cute. (Oval shape poking out on my right side here and there.) :love:

2 is usually my lucky # so maybe Aspen will be born on 2-2-2012!! Hoping anyway.

Hope everyone is great. So many close babies, wonder who will be next and look forward to hearing!!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Misti - thinking of you and hope that Aspen comes soon before you have to be induced! how many weeks are you now?

Ashely! Daphne is so beautiful! Those pictures are amazing, what an awesome gift to have a photographer come in :)

Tried to walk today (trying to find raspberry leaf tea at Safeway) I walked around the store trying to find the tea section - did like 3 laps of the whole supermarket and almost started crying because my hip hurt so bad...I walk at like a SNAILs pace and literally feel like I'm disabled! Honestly I will never take the simple act of walking for granted again after this! I'm just going to try to do a lot of squats tonight and put some heat on my back/hips and hopefully will get some relief.
    My massage was wonderful and felt really good but it's pretty temporary relief at this point - I think a nice bath may be in order tonight as well.
    Oh well it's going to be over soon and it is all worth it! ;) i don't want to come across as being miserable and unhappy because that is not the case at all - I do really love this experience but it's nice to be able to come here and communicate with you ladies about the crazy symptoms and different things going on ;) hope that makes sense

Anyways hope everyone has a great evening!

Rayna
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!! I'm getting back on track after having baby, and can't wait to catch up with you all. I hope everyone has been doing really well the last four weeks since I had baby and my hiatus began. Tiziana and I are doing wonderful. I promise to update on life after baby very soon. I have posted her birth story on the 'Still fit and fab....' Group Forum for anyone interested.

Also...Congratulations Ashley!! She's beautiful!

Will try to 'catch up' and get as updated as possible on everyone as soon as I have a bit more time. It will have to happen in increments unfortunately, but one of my goals is to check in daily if at all possible.

~Rosanna
    Sending everyone big love and hugs!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ashley - I LOVE the pictures of you, Eric, and Daphne! She is so beautiful and you guys look great as well. Such a happy family. :)

Rayna - I hope you start having some relief from the pain soon. The left side of my tailbone has been hurting a lot the past week and walking is very uncomfortable so I kind of know what you mean about the hobble/waddle. lol

Misti - We're all so anxious to hear when you go into labor! Hopefully it's soon. :)

Brenda - Good luck on your ultrasound! I have one today too. Can't wait, although Eric can't make it because he has to fly today. :(

Rosanna - Loved your birth story! Glad you and Tiziana are doing well and we can't wait to hear more.

AFM, I have been doing well at sticking to my workout goals lately so I'm pretty happy about that. Monday I walked the dogs for 30 minutes and then did 30 minutes of yoga. (My tailbone was pretty sore after the yoga.) Yesterday I did an hour of cardio at the gym. Today I plan on 45-50 minutes of yoga and possibly walking the dogs if the rain clears up. Tomorrow will probably be another cardio day or possibly walking the dogs and some strength training. We'll see. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I was 1/2 pound less than last week. I'm still right at about a 20 pound gain. Abbie is moving all the time and it seems as though I feel every single move she makes now since she's getting bigger. Gotta admit, they aren't always comfortable either! haha! The feet in the ribs kind of hurt sometimes!! We have an ultrasound today at 2:00 and I can't wait! Eric can't make it though because he has a flight. I'm going to try to video it with my phone if I can. Hopefully she cooperates and we get some good 3D images. Last time she was a little stinker and kept her arm in front of her face the whole time. OH! I've been doing pretty well at only getting up like once a night to pee, but last night I think I got up like 3-4 times! And I can't get enough water (had like 16 glasses yesterday and more throughout the night!!) so that doesn't help with the peeing situation. lol

Enough rambling from me for now. Happy Groundhogs Day! :)

~Kristy
    32 weeks 6 days
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    morning momma's and happy groundhogs day!!!

kristin - heather ended up sending me an 'invite' to the mommy board...so i would just reach out to her and ask for the invite...not quite sure how to find it on your own...maybe someone else does (i am not too technically savy!)

brenda - good luck at your dr's appointment today ... keep us posted and enjoy the ultrasound!!!

misti - sooooo exciting!!! hopefully aspen comes today on her own! thinking about you today!!!!

rayna - so sorry about all of the pain...that is definitely not fun. hopefully it gets better...the heat sounds like a great idea!!

AFM: did some more organizing in parkers room last night which was good. i changed out all the 'store hangers' for new ones i got in the mail yesterday...so the closet is looking good!!! and i organized the changing table (one drawer still needs a little more work..but i will get to that) and i got out 85% of my thank you cards which i was super excited about!!! just have to find addresses for the last couple ones and have a couple to do from late gifts we've received! but that is a huge relief...getting those out!

tonight we are heading out to dinner with my brother and SIL and their two girls...so that will be fun to catch up with them. probably the last time we'll see them before the baby!

hopefully getting a walk in after work with the puppies...i need to get more in while this weather is cooperating...i always feel so good exercising them...they deserve it :flowerforyou:

hope everyone has a great day!!!

jessica - 37 weeks 1 day
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Jessica...thanks, I will have to send a message to heather. And good productive evening last night...feels good to get things done!

Kristy...sounds like you are doing well! You have great workout plans, and 20 pounds is a great gain so far!! Keep it up!

Rosanna...glad to hear you and baby are both well! Look forward to hearing more!

Rayna...you poor thing! Hopefully a bath helps with some relief!

Misti...I'm hoping for a 2-2 baby!! Come on baby!!!!!!

Brenda...let us know how the appointment goes, and have fun at the ultrasound!!

Anyone I missed...hello!!

AFM: My kitties came home last night! (I did mention about getting them declawed, right?) My poor Stewie (the male) is confined to the laundry room as he heals (he had beaten his paws up pretty bad at the doctors office (he is nasty there) but is super lovey and doing well now that he's home. Harley (the female) is doing great and roaming the house as usual, also quite lovey. I am relieved they are recovering and that they are both home! Kadence is also super excited!

My doctors appointment went great yesterday! Heart rate was 139 (hmm...maybe a boy?) and they said I'm measuring just a tad big. We also went over what the scheduled c-section will be like, and it sounds like it's going to go really smoothly! I go in at 6:30, they start at 8:00, and I should be back in my room with a baby in my arms a little after 8:30! CRAZY! I know a lot of you frown on c-sections and trust me, I was just like you before I had Kadence. "C-section" was not on my radar and never a part of my plan. But after needing one last time and knowing the risks involved with a V-BAC, I decided to not take any chances and do a c-section again. So, although I don't get the fun of not knowing when it's going to happen, I can make all the necessary arrangements for my daughter and my puppies and have everything ready (that is assuming baby doesn't decide to try and make an appearance early!) ANYways...I am rambling now.

Gonna start on some work. I'll check back later! Have a fabulous morning!!

Kristin--30 weeks, 1 day
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options

My doctors appointment went great yesterday! Heart rate was 139 (hmm...maybe a boy?) and they said I'm measuring just a tad big. We also went over what the scheduled c-section will be like, and it sounds like it's going to go really smoothly! I go in at 6:30, they start at 8:00, and I should be back in my room with a baby in my arms a little after 8:30! CRAZY! I know a lot of you frown on c-sections and trust me, I was just like you before I had Kadence. "C-section" was not on my radar and never a part of my plan. But after needing one last time and knowing the risks involved with a V-BAC, I decided to not take any chances and do a c-section again. So, although I don't get the fun of not knowing when it's going to happen, I can make all the necessary arrangements for my daughter and my puppies and have everything ready (that is assuming baby doesn't decide to try and make an appearance early!) ANYways...I am rambling now.

Kristin--30 weeks, 1 day

Kristin- mine C-section has been schedule for 10 yrs!! I have very narrow hips and there was just no way a baby would fit through there. Now that I'm pregnant with diabetes the baby is outgrowing me so fast that even if I could of had him naturally its not an option for me anymore.

The way I look at it, either way we're having a baby! So joy for the miracle of technology!!
  • kistinbee
    Options

Kristin--30 weeks, 1 day

Kristin- mine C-section has been schedule for 10 yrs!! I have very narrow hips and there was just no way a baby would fit through there. Now that I'm pregnant with diabetes the baby is outgrowing me so fast that even if I could of had him naturally its not an option for me anymore.

The way I look at it, either way we're having a baby! So joy for the miracle of technology!!

Agreed!!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    touching base rather quickly-

Loving the pictures from teh hospital!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BASKET ONE!! Ugh, too cute!!

My cankles are swollen beyong belief- they hurt. They throb. Sleeping on my left helped for a while but they are in full gear. Then again working 10-12 hour days isn't helping either.

My insurance didn't cover my diabetes program for the next 4 weeks so I'm doing it on my own with my Dr's help. Wish me luck!!
    Still spilling ketones and I know he's not going to be happy about that but oh well-

Drs appt this afternoon- I'll get bk to you guys.

Sorry to everybody that I missed!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Misti - thinking of you and hope that Aspen comes soon before you have to be induced! how many weeks are you now?

Will be 39 wks on Sat.

No baby yet, but every sign of early labor according to my What to Expect Book. Now if contractions would just get regular and more painful.

I really think I'm crazy wishing this pain upon myself, but I know it's coming and I am just ready to get it over with. Just keep telling myself 7 more cm and I'll be pushing, LOL. Ok I think I am going crazy.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi all, quick update for me...just got back from the Doctors and got checked again...he was very surprised and said that I am around 4 cm dilated and Mason's head is down and he is right in position and my cervix is effacing really well. He said that he thinks I am going to have a really easy labour because most of the time it is quite painful to get to 4 cms and I honestly really don't feel that much pain or even really feel like I'm in labour...I feel like I'm having really light contractions but nothing too crazy....
    He basically told me that Mason could come at any time - holy moly!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but just wanted to share the good news...things are progressing so that's good. My BP is still really good and Mason's heartbeat was 141 - Dr said he is one happy baby so that is all that matters!

Rayna
    37 weeks 4 days
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi all, quick update for me...just got back from the Doctors and got checked again...he was very surprised and said that I am around 4 cm dilated and Mason's head is down and he is right in position and my cervix is effacing really well. He said that he thinks I am going to have a really easy labour because most of the time it is quite painful to get to 4 cms and I honestly really don't feel that much pain or even really feel like I'm in labour...I feel like I'm having really light contractions but nothing too crazy....

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but just wanted to share the good news...things are progressing so that's good. My BP is still really good and Mason's heartbeat was 141 - Dr said he is one happy baby so that is all that matters!

Rayna
    37 weeks 4 days

Yay! I'm super excited for you! 4cm...that is awesome!!! You will be joining us on the mommy board any day now! :)
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    Yay Rayna!! Can't wait to hear the good news!!!
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Rayna i'm so happy for you! that's awesome.

I had my appointment on tuesday and the Doctor said she can come any time, she's in position and i'm 1cm dilated :)
    so exited! i can't wait.

Paulandrea
    37 weeks 1 day
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Rayna
    37 weeks 4 days

Yay!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rayna-4cm is great, that's how i was with my first and he came quick. Maybe Mason will arrive soon before your parents make their trip!!! So excited for you.

Paulandrea- Sounds good, that's exciting!!

Misti- too funny, i think we are all anxious. I know i am!! Best wishes, hope it goes well, you're getting closer.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes on my appointment and it went great. Baby has lots of hair, chubby thighs and is weighing in at 6lbs 1 oz currently, her HB was 131 and she is low low low. Doctor checked and I haven't dilated but since she is in position he said he thinks at the most two weeks. Yay!

~Brenda~36wks 2dys
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hop you all don't mind me jumping in....I've been m.i.a. on the boards for a while.

Rayna ~ Yay! how exciting is that!? :)
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    Of course we don't mind! We missed you!! :) Glad to have you back!!

Okay, so the ultrasound went okay yesterday. Little miss stubborn was moving around the whole time so the tech had a hard time getting a good 3D image, but she tried at least. She printed out a few pictures, but they're kind of blurry. She had her mouth open for a lot of them. haha! Also, she was so low that the lady had to tilt the bed way back where I felt like I was going to slide off the back so she could try and get Abbie to move out of my pelvis a little bit to measure my cervix. It didn't work so she ended up having to do transvaginal for that part. Which leads me to some concerns and questions for you ladies that are further along. I'm 33 weeks today, but have been having a little bit of dull menstrual cramps off and on, mainly in the evening. Also, some pinchy type sensations in my lady parts. I'm not sure if it's my cervix or what. Then there's the increase in thirst. I've had about 16 glasses of water the past two days and I would think I'd be peeing a LOT more than usual, but it's just the normal amount. Could that be just my body's way of using the water to help with my milk production? I'm just not sure if I should bother calling my doctor or not and ask these questions. I'm going weekly now and have an appointment next Wednesday. Whatcha think?

~Kristy
    33 weeks