3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    So glad my baby seems ok!!! BUT not me.

I slipped and fell on the stairs while carrying a load of laundry. Hurt my back (especially lower), elbow, leg and other area... Luckily it was on my back, baby seems doing fine but I'm in a lot of pain. I'm waiting for doctor's office to call back to see if I can get checked out. I've already talked to my OB last night, and as long as baby is active like usual and I'm not blooding, she's ok.

Probably won't be able to exercises for awhile... (glad at least I did my workout yesterday before the accident.

7GLDm6.png
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just talked to HR again and I DO qualify for paid maternity leave. Six weeks if I have vaginal delivery and 8 weeks if I have a cesarean. Two weeks is covered by sick leave and the remaining 4-6 weeks is covered by short term disability. SUH-WEET!! That takes some stress off my shoulders. Now I just have to deal with the fact I don't WANT to come back after 6 weeks. Haha!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hattie - Be careful! I fell down about 4-5 of my steps about a month or so ago and I was shaken up for about an hour after. I knew the baby was fine because she was moving and everything, but it was still very scary. I landed and fell on my butt and had a terrible bruise that is actually still a little tender to the touch. I was carrying too much, in sock feet, down our steep wooden slippery steps. Since then, we carpeted the stairs and I am banned from carrying laundary, anything large or anything that takes 2 hands. I am honestly a little worried about the steps with the baby and have thought about keeping the baby Bjorn at the top/bottom so I can be hands free up and down the steps. (Nursery and our room is upsatairs). Our stairs have 9" risers with 9" treads (standard is 6" riser with 12" tread) so they are very steep. Anyways, I'm glad you're getting checked and I know it's hard, but you really do need to be careful with steps. I hope you heal quickly!

Kristy - Just to give you an idea, we will be paying $170/week for full time childcare. We can drop off as early as 7 I think and pick up as late as 6. Daycare is literally next door to my husband's office so she will be there from about 8-5ish. And guess who gets out of drop off and pick up? :smile: Sounds like you have some flexibility with your job; that's nice.

Jessica - I'm glad you and your husband had a nice talk about work. I agree you should be passionate about what you're doing. I like my job pretty well. I do go through periods when I am burnt out or bored and don't love it. But like my Dad always says, "they don't call it work for nothing." Still, I think there should be a happy medium where you at least enjoy the overall aspect of it. And liking your co-workers is very important. So good luck with everything!

OK, off to lunch in the 29 degree weather. Burrrr!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    just wanted to do a quick comment on daycare. Our daycare is right next door to our house and is open from 630-630. We're paying $204 a week no including diapers/formula sooooo....From the research that we did our area averages approx $250 a wk.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi 3rd Tri mommies!

Kristin-Yay on 28 weeks, and great working out!

Kristy-What a piece of mind knowing you have some paid time off, and I agree with you I wish i didn't have to come back to work either. I was reading on babycenter the SAHM articles and they had really good points about making your decision to stay or work after baby.

Hattie-Sorry to hear you fell & don't feel good. Hope you're ok.

Misti- I agree with Denise- I used the netti pot and breathe right strips that really helped. My bestie had her lil girl with a cold too and she was miserable, so hope you get better before your LO arrives.

Veronica-Welcome to the 3rd tri!

Ashley- Whoo hoo anytime for you now. Glad to hear you are feeling good. Are you still working?

Denise-Keep up the good work on your diet, it's all for a good reason and it's getting nearer for these babies to come. YAY!!! :happy:

AFM:

I am excited for this weeend to come, although it'll be raining in Cali & here in Vegas. :grumble:
    I am going to go find a dress although, with the rainy weather maybe i will end up wearing pants.

One thing that worries me is: that I live on one end & my hospital is near my home, and work is on the other end. I guess i will see where i am at as we get closer.

~Brenda~ 34 wks 1dy
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    So I guess $4/hour is a pretty average price then. It'll help that I only need it for 20 hours or less per week. I think with the military daycare it's cheaper for full-time, but I'm not sure how much since I don't need that, but $4/hour seems fair. It's crazy how expensive it is when you work full-time. Sheesh!!
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! It's great to be able to talk to other ladies who are pregnant with the same interests. I am a member of a few other websites dedicated to women who are pregnant, trying to conceive, or have children, and so far, I like the layout of THIS website better.. And I like the fact that we are all here for the same reasons!

@atomdraco- OUCH! Hope you're feeling better soon! Take care of yourself and baby!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Whoever asked (I already can't remember) I'm going to see War Horse tonight! Pretty excited!

Hope you ladies all have a wonderful evening! I'll check back in the morning!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    hey all just a quick check in...my massasge was AMAZING - I had this wonderful woman who taught me a whole bunch of wonderful things to help with my aches and pains! Even a way to sleep on my back!! and things to show my husband to help me during labour etc. She was so wonderful! I really really needed that massage and those tips!

THEN...when I got home I took my dog Sophie out to pee and I was carrying her back up the steps on my deck into the house and I totally slipped and fell!! :( I'm ok, I fell on my knees and my one hand so I protected both the baby & my dog....I really scared myself obviously and my knees and hand kinda hurt but that's all...definitely have to be more careful...so thankful because it could have been a lot worse!

Tonight I'm heading out for dinner with 3 other preggos! Including my sister! So excited, should be fun :)

Rayna
    34 weeks 6 days
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Denise...How was the breastfeeding class?

Kristin--28 weeks, 2 days

Kristin- the class was a riot. there were only 5 couples and the guys all looked equally scared. Very interactive, very informational, and put LOTS AND LOTS of my fears at ease.

Also learned NOT to listen to friends/family- although they want to help and give good advise it's not always correct or the best.

Have a great one!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Morning all :)

Ashley - I had a similar conversation with my husband - I think it's really good to talk about these things and am also so thankful that I have such a wonderful partner that I can talk to him about anything :) can't believe your LO will be here SO SOON! :)

Denise - so glad your Dr appt went so well and that's awesome that you learned so much and had so much fun at your breastfeeding class!

AFM - I slept way better last night...well after I could fall asleep lol...I didn't get to sleep until after midnight because I just couldn't turn my brain off...I'm a major planner and just can't help it...it's in my nature! lol so I had check lists going through my head last night and couldn't stop thinking about all the things I need to get done before the baby comes. It's ok though I sort of enjoy thinking about this stuff and making lists in my head ;) I'm a freak! haha. I propped myself up with the large foam wedge because I'm just finding that it's too uncomfortable lying completely flat. So I actually feel rested and somewhat human this morning yay! ;)
    I have my hair appointment at 1:00 today and I'm SO excited - my mom is the best! She just texted me on Tuesday saying "hey I want to treat you to a cut/color before Mason comes call my girl and make an appointment" and I was like OK!!! :bigsmile: You don't have to tell me twice! lol yep so today will be a good day!
    Last night went to look at some vehicles. We put a $100 deposit down to hold a 2008 Ford Escape on hold until Saturday because we found a 2010 Chev Equinox in St. Albert for a really good deal so we want to see if it's still there - if so we're going tonight to test drive it and if it's all good we're going to make a deal! I can't wait to have this vehicle situation sorted out!

Today I'm going to finalize my hospital bag list and see what I can get together that I already have and find out what I still have to get :)

My hips are feeling better today not as sore and not getting that annoying sharp pinch feeling everytime I put weight on my right side so that's always nice! :)

Anyway - I hope you all have a lovely Friday!:flowerforyou:

Rayna
    35 weeks 1 day
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    jessica-Have fun at your babyshower tomorrow.

Rayna-Glad to hear you're feeling better. Yay for your new ride!

Denise- That's cool your classes are free, tae advantage. We have to pay between $45-$100 depending on the class, I decided to skip them.

Ashley-You are being very patient, that is really good. You're right the baby will come when she's ready.

Misti-How's that cold?

Kristin-I haven't been able to walk for a while, each night something comes up and it gets late so soon, that I am pooped by 9pm.

I am packing tonight to leave to Cali tomorrow morning, so no workout again. I am really excited to go to Cali.

~Brenda~34wks 3dys
  • atomdraco
    Options
    hey all just a quick check in...my massasge was AMAZING - I had this wonderful woman who taught me a whole bunch of wonderful things to help with my aches and pains! Even a way to sleep on my back!! and things to show my husband to help me during labour etc. She was so wonderful! I really really needed that massage and those tips!

THEN...when I got home I took my dog Sophie out to pee and I was carrying her back up the steps on my deck into the house and I totally slipped and fell!! :( I'm ok, I fell on my knees and my one hand so I protected both the baby & my dog....I really scared myself obviously and my knees and hand kinda hurt but that's all...definitely have to be more careful...so thankful because it could have been a lot worse!

Tonight I'm heading out for dinner with 3 other preggos! Including my sister! So excited, should be fun :)

Rayna
    34 weeks 6 days

No more falling! I'm glad you are ok (and the baby & dog)!
  • atomdraco
    Options
    Having hard time keeping up with the posts. Still in lots of pain from my fall. Doctor only ordered minimal treatment: ice, OTC pain med and rest. I'm not a big fan of pain med for situation like this, cause I feel like if I don't feel the pain, I might over worked my body and it's not getting rest properly. It won't help healing. If no improvement over the remaining of the week, I need to be reevaluated.

With all that, my plan for packing hospital bag is on hold right now. I cannot walk or stand more than 5 min, which absolutely killing my back. It seems like I got a little less pain sitting on a chair today, so hopefully it's going to the right direction. I'll see if I can manage to pack bag this evening. And still got laundry to fold, dishes to clean...

At least the baby is super active, kicking up a storm a lot. She is getting stronger now.

kqFem6.png
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    happy friday all!!

brenda - have a blast in CA!!! my hubby just said to me the other day 'hey...lets move to CALI'...lol...love the thought but i said right back to him 'lets have a baby first and then that conversation' :wink:

rayna - enjoy that hair appointment!!! i had one last night and loved it. it was funny thinking 'this will probably be my last one before parker comes!'

denise - glad to hear the dr. apt went well!!! the thought of your hubs holding the itty bitty baby is so funny! my brother was on the offensive line and is a big kid...so thats going to be him holding his nephew!!!

AFM: i am so happy that today is friday! hubs and i are going out to dinner tonight which i am looking forward (trying to soak up these nights to ourselves before LO comes!). then tomorrow is baby shower day! keeping my fingers crossed for no bad weather! i guess its supposed to start at like 3/4 in the morning and go till early afternoon...3-6 inches of 'light snow' ... so hopefully its not bad! and other than that i am really looking forward to watching my PATS play this weekend!!!!

goal for next week is to evaluate what else we need for parkers arrival and to get that. kory keeps saying that i am going to go early...he just 'feels' it. so we'll see! i just want to be as prepared as we can be come the end of next week!

hope everyone has a great day and a lovely weekend!!!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ashley - I know exactly how you feel about becoming a mother so soon. The thought is overwhelming and it won't really sink in until she is born. I am exactly that way, no lovey, dovey mushy stuff for me, but seriously it is AMAIZING how much love you have for your own child. Holding my son for the first time was an undescribable feeling. And now 7 1/2 years later, I love him more and more EVERY day!!! The fact of having another to love just as much is a little impossible for me to believe right now, but I know I will! Enjoy your quiet calm weekend!!!

Rayna - Good luck with the car!! Hope it's everything you want and more!

Jessica - Hope you have a great baby shower tomorrrow!!!!

Denise - congrats on your good news from your doc. Keep up the good work!!!

Brenda - Ahh, the cold. Actually it's getting better, now I just need more than 2 hours of sleep and I'll be good. My son caught the cold now too, so needless to say the last two nights have been even more sleepless, but hopefully he will get rid of it quick and then baby can come.

Kristin - Thanks for the BC info. I plan on talking to her about it soon. Just seems like I get pregnant VERY easy and until hubby gets things taken care of, I don't want to suprises. LOL And like to plan ahead. :)

AFM: Nothing really planned for the weekend! Hubby has to take a 1st aid saftey class all day tomorrow, and me and Isaac are planning on staying home to get all the way better and hopefully get some rest. B-day party to go to on Sunday if he's feeling better. Other than that, nothing planned which is weird but not unusual lately. Hoping to get in some excercise at some point and drink TONS of water. Next appt. is Monday.....hoping for some good news! Everyone keeps saying be patient, but I can't anymore! Between the false alarm a couple weeks ago, then the flu, then sinus cold I am just ready to have her now!!! The roads are clearing up but are still icy. Hoping the snow holds off at least til' after my appt. on Monday. I really hate driving in it! Baby is pushing down as I type, has been getting lower and lower everyday and I have tons of pressure, somethings gotta happen soon, (I hope).

Hope you all have a great weekend!!! Be careful and hopefully no more falls.

Hattie - Hopefully you start feeling better, take it easy and rest. There's not much available for pain relief in the 3rd tri. ecspecially. Good Luck.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Morning Mamas! I'm still here! No baby over the weekend. I've been having more BH contractions so maybe that's a good sign? I also got my appointment moved up so I get to go today instead of Friday. Eric gets to go too and we're meeting with our primary dr. so I reckon we'll disccuss a plan if she decides to hang out for a while. I'm having more pressure in my lower abdomen and after I've been sitting a while, getting up and moving around is a little harder and uncomfortable. I'm still not "miserable" though.

This weekend I was pretty much lazy and ate pretty poorly (think cupcakes, big breakfast, hardly any veggies, pomme frites). Since I get weighed at the dr, I weighed myself this morning and was up 2 pounds. I think it is probably water weight, etc and I'm not sweating it too much. I did manage to get a few things done over the weekend - laundry, calibrated the speakers, did a little organization, and had dinner with friends Friday and brunch with some others Sunday. Of course I had plenty of couch time too.

Misti - Thanks for the thoughts on the not really sinking in about the baby. I'm sure I'll absolutely fall in love with her once she gets here; it's just so much to grasp.

Jessica - hope you and your husband had a nice dinner. Eric and I did a nice dinner out a couple weeks ago and it was just what I needed. Several weeks ago I began to freak out about how soon everything would change and it won't just be he and I anymore like it has been for 10ish years.

Kristin - Thanks for the advice on the getting sleep at the hopspital. I'll take all I can get.

Hattie - I hope you're feeling better. I saw you status that you were in pretty bad pain. Take it easy! The laudnry and cleaning will get done eventually. You need to rest and heal. I hope you are recovering.

Brenda - Hope you're having fun in Cali!

Rayna - I hope your back and hips are feeling better too!

Other ladies - Hope your weekends were good, restful, productive, whatever and that you're all feeling good! Well I guess I better get to work. I was secretly hoping Friday woudl be my last day, but alas. I could have another full week, maybe 2! I even cleaned off my desk and everything. At least I have a clean desk to work off of now. I'll check in later and update after my appointment. :smile:

-Ashley
    39w, 5d
  • kristy_estes21
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :)

Have any of you started to feel any nausea this trimester? The past week I've had random moments of slight nausea in the evenings. I think it's usually when I'm just overly tired, but I woke up a few times last night feeling queasy and still do this morning. It COULD be the donuts I ate yesterday (lol), but I'm just not sure. I'm not queasy enough to throw up or anything, but just feel kinda yucky.

~Kristy
    31 weeks 3 days
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Spying on you ladies - you are looking too cute and doing great... Except I agree no more falls! Gripping shoes and handrails, and don try to be superwoman! I just sewed up a big cut on a preggo's head the other day for a fall, and many of those that hit their tummies end up with intensive baby monitoring and overnight admissions, so it's a big deal.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful mommas!

Kristy...Hmmm...not much nausea, but you're further along than I am. I do remember being that way when I was pregnant with Kadence though, I think it's just because your tummy is so cramped in there! Hang in there...we have to think, all these symptoms are just temporary and will disappear after baby arrives!

Ashley...Ah! I was secretly hoping you'd have the baby this weekend!! Oh well...it will be soon! Hope you can continue to be somewhat comfortable until LO decides to arrive!!

Misti...I agree with you...the amount of love you have for your baby is incredible, and I am also not a mooshy, lovey, dovey person! It's amazing!! Excited to hear what you find out at your appointment today!

Jessica...how was your shower??

Hattie...Like everyone else said, I hope you feel better! Rest and mend is all you can do! And I'm glad your baby is being active for you...always reassuring!

Brenda...have fun in Cali!!! I'm a little jealous!

Rayna...So, how did the vehicle stuff go? Did you get it all finalized? I hope you had fun at your hair appointment also! I haven't had one of those for quite a while!!

Everyone else...hello!!

AFM: I had a good weekend. My husband had the house all cleaned and laundry all done by the time I got home on Friday...so all I had to do was fold (he has tried...and it's just better he leaves the folding to me!) Then Saturday I got in a good workout, and then we spent the entire rest of the day cleaning out our closet!! CRAZY! We had four boxes and 6 garbage bags FULL of clothes, shoes, purses, and stuff to take to goodwill!! SO nice to get it all cleaned out!! Now, we just need to start getting things put up into the attic so we can finish the play area in our basement for Kadence! That's our last project before this baby comes!! Sunday then was a lazy day...church, groceries, then movies with Kadence! So needed after such a busy day on Saturday!

Oh! So I've been having HORRIBLE Sciatic pain lately!! Especially in the evenings and after I workout! I never had this with Kadence and so don't know what you can do to help it? And advice would be great!!

Goals this week:
    Stregth/cardio workout 2 times
    Yoga 3 times
    Walk on treadmill whenever I can and have the energy!

Hope you all have a fabulous and healthy day!

Kristin--28 weeks, 5 days