Stage 1

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    I'm glad some of you are coming over to Stage 2!!

Good luck to those of you still completing Stage 1!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    So am I the only one who randomly checks out my reflection while flexing or makes other people feel my newly found muscles? :D I've completed workout 5 for both A & B now and can dead lift 90 lbs, squat 75, bent over row 67 and shoulder press 23. My step ups (44) and lunges (36) aren't very impressive yet but that's why I need to do them! And I'll get there eventually.

I did all three sets of 10 pushups on the floor nice and deep and all my jack knives are regular jack knives instead of prone JK. I know I can move up to the T pushups but what do you do if you're already doing regular JK's? Just do more per set? My crunches I do the extended arm version with weight and that seems to be working out because I can just up the weight.

I was worried about eating higher calories but now I'm really glad I trusted the book. My weight hasn't climbed but my pants fit a little bit better even for the short time I've been doing this. But the best part is, I'm feeling strong! I love feeling strong! I can also curl my 80 son now and impressed all the boys I teach in Sunday school :)
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my last week of Stage 1 today and I'm really looking forward to starting Stage 2. Right now I can squat 105 lbs (although that may change after today's workout :wink: ) and deadlift 95 lbs.... I must say I NEVER thought I would be able to do either of these weights and its only Stage 1?! I haven't lost any weight but I'm losing inches and can definitely see some definition. Love lifting heavy! :laugh:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    you all are SO inspiring to me!!!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my last week of Stage 1 today and I'm really looking forward to starting Stage 2. Right now I can squat 105 lbs (although that may change after today's workout :wink: ) and deadlift 95 lbs.... I must say I NEVER thought I would be able to do either of these weights and its only Stage 1?! I haven't lost any weight but I'm losing inches and can definitely see some definition. Love lifting heavy! :laugh:

That's amazing, well done.

I did Stage 1 Workout B2, and it didn't really kick my *kitten* like last time. I really need to up my weight on everything.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow you ladies are really lifting heavy! I've just finished workout A for the 4th time, increasing my squats and DLs 2kg each time, but both only up to 24kg (53lbs). Shoulder presses not progressing AT ALL, but for my push ups my hands are now on the 2nd stair instead of the 3rd stair up.

I'm feeling fab on all this protein, but my knees are a bit achey. Might be the cold tho!
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    knittponder--
    I am so checking out myselfin the mirror and asking people to feel my muscles. I don't think anyone else has been impressed with the changes except me, but that's the most important anyway, right?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great work, all!

I am not having anyone feel my muscles, just yet. (And, nope, I can't do push-ups from the ground, yet....I tried, and got in 2 good ones and that was it!) But, as I'm aiming for changes to actually materialize in April-ish, I'll probably be unable to contain myself by that time.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Inspiring too!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    my shoulder raises are going nowhere fast...that's kind of a fail for me. I tried to go up to 15 per dumbell and could only do like 8 before I was arching so bad it wasn't worth it.

my squats are at 55 and I did 65 deadlift last week. Hoping to get deadlift to 75 tomorrow!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    knittponder--
    I am so checking out myselfin the mirror and asking people to feel my muscles. I don't think anyone else has been impressed with the changes except me, but that's the most important anyway, right?

Absolutely! I'm having fun impressing myself. Seriously!

And Beeps, 2 pushups from the ground are pushups from the ground!
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've had a few people feel my bicep muscles after my boyfriend commented on them one time. He put his hand on my arm and I flexed and he said, "Wow, your biceps are getting big! They're going to get bigger than mine!" :laugh:

I keep flexing to see that the muscles are actually there. I've never had any muscle on my arms before, so this is completely new! :laugh:
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm so pumped! I'm starting Stage 1 Special Workout A today. I can't wait to see how many reps I can do. Special Workout B will be Thursday and then it's a week off and on to Stage 2. Anyone else doing the Special Workouts this week?
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

I keep flexing to see that the muscles are actually there. I've never had any muscle on my arms before, so this is completely new! :laugh:

^ I'm right there with you! For the first time in my life when I flex my arms, little bumps pop up!! Woohooo!

Jennifer, I'm also doing special workouts this week. I just have to complete AMRAP Workout B, then on to stage 2! I think I'll do the special workout tomorrow, then rest from Wednesday-Wednesday before moving on to stage 2. Here are some stats for you:

Currently...
    squatting 115 lbs. (started at 65)
    deadlifting 90 lbs. (started at 60)
    should pressing 20 lbs. (started at 10)
    rowing 30 lb. dumbbells (started with 20s)
    & lunging with 25 lb. dumbbells in each hand (started with 10s!)

I didn't lost weight, and didn't gain either. Still would like to lose a couple pounds of fat, but right now just glad that I'm gaining muscle without gaining weight. Lost 2 inches total, and my clothes are fitting just a bit better! AND, I did this with a less than perfect diet, so for you ladies who are better behaved than I, you can probably expect to see even better results.
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Stage 1, Special Workout A is done. It was SO much fun! I highly recommend not skipping it for those of you who might be considering it. Here are my stats for Workout A:

Squat: Starting weight: 40 lb., Ending weight: 60 lb. (I couldn't go any higher because I couldn't lift the dumbbells up!)
    Push Up: Starting was 8 (on knees). Ending 15 regular
    Seated Row: Starting weight: 30, Ending weigh: 50
    Step Ups: Starting weight 20 lb. in each hand, Ending weight 25 in each hand

Special Workout stats:

Squat: 50 reps with 40 lb.
    Push Up: 40 reps on knees
    Seated Row: 30 reps with 30 lb.
    Step Ups: 40 reps on each leg with 20 lbs in each hand (My hand grip gave out, so I had to stop. My legs wanted to keep going!)
    Prone Jack knives: 20

It's nice to see improvement. Now, I just need to get an Olympic bar and bench so I can see what I can REALLY do. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I just love reading this thread....it really is VERY inspirational!!

Some of you went from ZERO strength (relatively-speaking) to some GREAT numbers!! All in one stage - 5 weeks. Impressive.

I am sooooooooooo proud of all of you (and us!).
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    How tall are the stools you guys are using for the step ups with weights??
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm using a 20" bench. (Sometimes 22"....which is probably not that great for my knees!)
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Workout B in the Special Workouts for Stage 1 tomorrow.

It's going to kill me not to lift next week...Did anyone not take a week off,before they started Stage 2?

I'm getting my Squat Rack this weekend,we ended up buying one off someone. So,now my hubby doesn't have to make one.

I'm just a tad bit excited to get it all set up!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    How tall are the stools you guys are using for the step ups with weights??

I have a step but I prefer to use my weight bench because it's taller- 21" (I'm 5'9"). My preference would be to step taller and then work up the weight. But that's my preference and I don't recall there being any guidance in the book which should take precedence- weight or height.