Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm eating back all or almost all my exercise calories. I'm just afraid they are being over estimated. I'm gonna keep plugging away and hope I see a difference soon.

My current weight is 182.
    Goal weight is 150

Will post measurements later.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm eating back all or almost all my exercise calories. I'm just afraid they are being over estimated. I'm gonna keep plugging away and hope I see a difference soon.

Goal weight is 150

Are you eating tdee minus 15% daily and eating back exercise only if your net cals is less than your bmt?
  • Simmie69
    Simmie69 Posts: 72
    Options
    I've upped my calories to 1800+ , started lifting and have lost 1.8 pounds since doing so. I've also lost 2 inches off my waist, 2 inches from my thighs and an inch from my arms. I don't know how to post the pics I took today but they are on my blog for today.

Simmie69
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've upped my calories to 1800+ , started lifting and have lost 1.8 pounds since doing so. I've also lost 2 inches off my waist, 2 inches from my thighs and an inch from my arms. I don't know how to post the pics I took today but they are on my blog for today.

Simmie69

That's SO awesome, Simmie! I'm so happy for you. I know this was a scary leap for you, but I'm happy you took it! :)
  • kris4chloe
    Options

Goal weight is 150

Are you eating tdee minus 15% daily and eating back exercise only if your net cals is less than your bmt?

well that may be where i am getting confused. i have changed my calorie goal so many times. i have it set at 1700 right now which is a little over sedentary tdee less 15% and then eating back exercise calories.

i suppose i could just set it to 2065 which is 15% below TDEE. for 182 lbs, 5'6" at 39 years old it gave me 2430 for moderate exercise. I guess I can try it at that and ignore the exercise calories?? If my BMR is 1568 then i only eat any extra calories that take me below that?

I am sorry I feel like a dunce I can not wrap my brain around all of this.
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Goal weight is 150

well that may be where i am getting confused. i have changed my calorie goal so many times. i have it set at 1700 right now which is a little over sedentary tdee less 15% and then eating back exercise calories.

i suppose i could just set it to 2065 which is 15% below TDEE. for 182 lbs, 5'6" at 39 years old it gave me 2430 for moderate exercise. I guess I can try it at that and ignore the exercise calories?? If my BMR is 1568 then i only eat any extra calories that take me below that?

I am sorry I feel like a dunce I can not wrap my brain around all of this.

Listen this is new territory and so many different methods and such so the confuson is understandable. I have tried different ways myself. I think the simplest approach is keeping things constant eating 2065 daily...the consistency let's body know you will always fuel and only if you burn over 500 do you need to start ating back the excess.
  • Simmie69
    Simmie69 Posts: 72
    Options

Simmie69

That's SO awesome, Simmie! I'm so happy for you. I know this was a scary leap for you, but I'm happy you took it! :)
    Thanks KiKi :-) it was (I know you know haha) but I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for the encouragement and helping me (and holding my hand) to make the leap a little bit easier!

Simmie
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello all, since I upped my cal intake a few weeks ago , I've lost about 2lbs and 1 1/2 inch off my waist.!!!!:smile:
  • kris4chloe
    Options
    thanks, i will plug away and go with that. i am up 3 lbs right now, so sort of disheartened, I am going to focus on cleaning up my diet a bit, this last few weeks I have let more sugar and goodies slip in and that could be it also.
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Preface: I've really been beating myself up lately. TTOM is coming along anytime so I will blame it on that.

41 years old, 5' 2"
    SW: Jan 1- 119lbs
    Starvation method- 1200 cal or under, cardio 3x wk- lost 2 lbs within 2 wks, then nothing
    CW: 117
    GW: 105 (or just ripped at any weight)

March 1: March 19:
    Waist: 28 27
    Hips: 37 36
    L thigh: 21 21
    R Arm: 11 10
    Body Fat %: 26 26

I upped my calories from 1200 to 1350, then to 1460 (my TDEE -15% is 1467) all in the last week.

I just don't feel like I am progressing. (I know the measurements say differently, but what if I measured wrong?) Just wish the scale would move a little bit.

I also am not sure I am lifting enough?? I can only handle between 10-20lbs depending upon the exercise. If I go heavier, I can't finish the reps. (I know, sad!)

I'm going to the beach late April and for the first time in my life, I'm too ashamed to put on a bikini.... UGH! OK- I have to go lift now.....
  • OriginalWhatTheHelen
    OriginalWhatTheHelen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At the end of January, I increased my calories from "around" 1500 a day (some days much less than that) to +/- 2100 a day. I gained 6 lbs. in 8 weeks (totally expected). I lifted heavy for 8 weeks and just decreased my calories yesterday to about 1850 a day.

My stats and story are posted on my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hwc130 if anyone cares to know more. I am looking to lose about 6% body fat, 4" off my waist, a few off my hips, etc. in the next few months. I don't really care about the scale anymore.

I am excited to be eating more than "before" and have every confidence this is the way to go!

Happy lifting!
    Helen
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I bumped up to 2000 calories today. Here I go!!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I've dropped another 1.2 lbs since upping my calories to ~2000 net per day. I fluctuate between 1900 and 2100 net.

I think this is working! :love:
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a week and a half into upping my calories, usually eating anywhere from 1900-2200+ and I'm happy to report a 2.4lb loss! AND I'm not starving, whoot whoot!

NSV, also I've struggled for 6yrs with an irregular cycle, spotting for nearly half of the month. I'm extremely happy to say that since upping my calories I have not had any spotting!My doctor was thinking I have a thyroid problem or PCOS, which I'm still going to get checked out...but holy cow, it would be awesome if this was rectified from fueling my body properly! HOLLA! Happy Dance!:drinker:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I noticed the same thing with my cycle getting more regular! Kind of scary to think that we were possible eating so little that we were messing up our body's normal functioning to that extent.....

Congrats on the loss so far!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Wow congrats all of you.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    WOW excellent results!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I introduced myself to the group and read two main threads. I had already upped my calories after seeing some of the threads you have mentioned in the information about the group. I had previously been at between 1340 to 1540 net calorie goals with eating most exercise calories and very slowly and unsteadily lost 30+ pounds over 1 and a half years. My weight fluctuated alot. Last summer I really wanted to start to get the loss going and upped my exercise. I stalled. Again after the holidays I did the same and stalled again. I upped my calories to 1600 in late February and then 1700 a week later. I seemed to stop fluctuating and maybe even slowly losing. However I feel like I need to go up enough to reset my metabolism before trying to lose so I upped to 1900 and last night set my calories to what MFP says is maintenance for me - 2200 and I plan to try and eat most of my exercise calories back. If I change my goal in the next 4 weeks it will be because I am convinced it is a better calories for maintenance.

My BMR is between 1686 and 1739 depending on the calculator. My TDEE is probably at 2686 to 2868 depending on how you calculate it.

Height: 5'6"
    Weight before upping 232-227 llbs
    Weight after initial upping 229-228 llbs
    CW: 232

Measurements before upping my calories:
    Neck: 13.75
    Waist: 41.25
    Hips: 47.0
    upper arm: 15.0
    thigh: 15.0

The only weight I expect to lose in the next 4 weeks is any of the initial gain from upping my calories that I may have. I will then plan to lower my net calorie goal by 15%. Hopefully at that time I will see a loss.

As to exercise I had gotten myself up to 1.5 hours of exercise on Monday and Wednesday with Aquafit, weight training and some cardio machines. Tuesday and Friday I run/walk or run for about an hour. Thursday morning I have an active job temporarily so it is a rest day from formal exercise. Saturday I do Aquafit and sometimes would go for a walk and often another walk on Sunday. Although it is possible I would continue on some weeks I am going to actually try to cut back a bit. I will do at least 4 hours of a combination of cardio and strength training. A few weeks after I lower my calories I will start to slowly intensefy my exercise. I have my macros set at 40% 30% 30% and will try to reach that. I will try to spread the calories throughout the day better and eat first thing in the morning. I hope to fill my calories with high quality food using the 90/10% rule. So there will be a little junk or sweets but not much. Even though I am not trying to lose right away I will try to post once a week. Who knows I may lose if MFP has my maintenance too low. So I guess I felt the same way about the bandaid. I was trying to peal it off slowly and then deciided to just rip it off - and try to find maintenance and reset before trying to lose.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Another 1.5 kilos lost (3.3 pounds)

Increased to 2100 from 1800 on the Sat 10th March. (did have trouble meeting 2100 when I ran out of protein powder so some days as low as 1900)
    Next Sat ( 17th) after feeling tired all week and no loss I wrote I felt "different"like my body was adjusting.
    Next Sat 24th no loss feel slightly discouraged.
    Monday 26th register a 1.3 lowest weight, confimed today with a drop of 1.5.

No real exercise much over this time as flat out with uni. So just walking mainly. I think jumping up 300 calories took longer for my body to adjust than when I went up in 100 increments.

Edited to add I am at 9 kilos lost all up. When I get to 12.5 kilos lost am a quarter way there. I can't wait for that milestone!

Reminder of my stats 43, now 103.3 kilo (227 pounds) and 167 cm (5 5").
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hello all, since I upped my cal intake a few weeks ago , I've lost about 2lbs and 1 1/2 inch off my waist.!!!!:smile:

Congrats! That's so great!!! :D