New member check in...

Options

Replies

• chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been apart of this group for awhile but never 'checked in'... I'm in the College Park area.. Go Terps!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to MFP and from the Bowie, MD area. My goal is weight loss and better toning. Just checking in... :smile:
  • mjaland
    mjaland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm from Bethesda/Rockville, MD and am new to MFP. Hoping to reach my goal weight by the beginning of May!
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    Hello all of you! :-D If you haven't added me already, please do! I forget to check this group but maybe once a week (still sayin' they should ahve a notification system of some sort...but hey, it's free, we get what we pay for, right? haha)

So great to have so many more locals!
  • pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Liz, a native Washingtonian. Been on MFP for a couple of weeks now. My main focus right now is exercising regularly... so far so good :)

Please feel free to add me!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in here either and I have been here for a while!

I am Stephanie! I live out in Fairfax, VA. Originally from NY but fell in love with DC and am certainly here to stay after I graduate from my Master's program at GMU this May. :D
  • kgtgj
    kgtgj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I'm Lakeisha from DC and I'm 29 and following a semi-paleo/primal diet.
  • Kaylan06
    Kaylan06 Posts: 3
    Options
    Howdy, from MI, lived in Alexandria for 5 years, now live in Frederick, MD and commute to Rockville everyday.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a little slow. I didn't realize I was part of this group. haha.

I'm the from south. Been in DC 3 years. Live out in SS. Work downtown between Constitution and Penn right near the White House. I do work for the government. I'm not a contractor. Went to graduate school at American University.

Been on MFP since early 2010. Committed since June 2010.

And I HATE DC. :laugh: :grumble:
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm Megan. I live in Crofton, MD. Just started getting serious about my weight and I seem to have hit on an exercise program that keeps me motivated. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet up.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm Megan. I live in Crofton, MD. Just started getting serious about my weight and I seem to have hit on an exercise program that keeps me motivated. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet up.

Hi Megan and everyone else that is new here. Please feel free to add me to friends list if you would like. I try to check in here but it can slip my mind sometimes. Check out our meet up thread if you are interested.

Greg
  • horror_hamster
    Options

Hi Megan and everyone else that is new here. Please feel free to add me to friends list if you would like. I try to check in here but it can slip my mind sometimes. Check out our meet up thread if you are interested.

Greg

Ditto what Greg said! Add me if you like as well! Between the two of us, you shouldn't EVER be out of the loop regarding meet ups :)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I joined MFP almost a week ago and just thought to check for groups in the area. I live and work in the Sterling/Herndon/Reston area. I'm currently doing the C25K program and I am loving the way MFP shows me what I'm eating broken into numbers. I've never really actually tried to lose weight before and I am excited at the prospect of getting down to a healthier weight where I can travel and go places with more ease and confidence.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hello all, I joined MFP almost a week ago and just thought to check for groups in the area. I live and work in the Sterling/Herndon/Reston area. I'm currently doing the C25K program and I am loving the way MFP shows me what I'm eating broken into numbers. I've never really actually tried to lose weight before and I am excited at the prospect of getting down to a healthier weight where I can travel and go places with more ease and confidence.

Welcome to the group!
  • GFreg
    Options
    It looks like we have had a few new people join the group recently. Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I hope you all have a good time here and hopefully we see some new faces out at the meet ups.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Gaithersburg, lived in Hagerstown for a bit now I'm in AA County:)
  • erock05
    erock05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all..getting focused again. Erik in Springfield..guess everyone could use a bit of local motivation. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • GFreg
    Options
    I grew up in Gaithersburg, lived in Hagerstown for a bit now I'm in AA County:)

Welcome 123Allyxox!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hey y'all..getting focused again. Erik in Springfield..guess everyone could use a bit of local motivation. Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Welcome to the group, Erik.
  • bharris8203
    bharris8203 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to the group and am excited that there are others that share my same goals in the area.

I am 32 years old and live in Southern Maryland (Waldorf), however, I work in DC (gov't) which limits the amount of time I have to work out. Currently I am down about 30 lbs, but still have more to go. Look forward to meeting others who share in my goal.