Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ran 6.7K yesterday... I'm feeling good. Overate on most days at the beginning of the week, but regained control for 2 days now. My body feels better, I feel better.

Poorcopies: About the fitbit, do you recommend it? A lot of users seem confused with the calorie adjustment and all.... I am not sure if it worth it, as I own a polar HRM for my workouts. I used my own calculation for my BMR according to my running literature... I still consider a fitbit as I am more active on some days (housework, walking the dog, etc) than others (desk job). I used a sedentary lifestyle to do my calculation, but maybe I am undereating. Let me know of your experience with it.
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm joining in a little late, but I am going to do it!
    My profile sums up anything about me :)
    also...how are house points determined?
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I find it a fine line of how many calories to eat, too little? too much?

So what I do is eat small portions all day long and depending on how much I exercise and I know a slow walk doesn't do much so I don't change much no matter what this site says…if I do a hard work out I will add a glass of wine or a bit more food so its not too little.

That is why I weigh daily, I hope in the future not to, but for me it is checking out how much I can eat. And I read somewhere it takes two days to fully digest food so sometimes a large meal one night won't hit the scales until the second mornings weighing. This used to confuse me until I read that.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Welcome daninicoleshreck, if you click on the link in the first post it explains everything.
  • racingthewinchesters
    Options
    After failing miserably yesterday (probably due to my strange mini-period which turned up two weeks later than expected), I'm back on track today. I ran nearly 5 miles! Score: 2 OWLs, 1 NEWT and 65 House points!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Poorcopies: About the fitbit, do you recommend it? A lot of users seem confused with the calorie adjustment and all.... I am not sure if it worth it, as I own a polar HRM for my workouts. I used my own calculation for my BMR according to my running literature... I still consider a fitbit as I am more active on some days (housework, walking the dog, etc) than others (desk job). I used a sedentary lifestyle to do my calculation, but maybe I am undereating. Let me know of your experience with it.

I love it! If you manually still add your exercise on MFP, it recalculates your calorie adjustment, as it will minus those calories from the adjustment. You just need to make a note of when you started / finished working out. I was really confused at first but once I figured it out, I'm running with it! It's definitely great for motivating me.
  • zzzzia
    Options
    Ran 10K today.... for my and for you guys :)
    It was my first 10K. I am running my 1st race at the end of May: 10K. I am ready for it. Whohoooooo :)
  • fefetwimom
    fefetwimom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    so does walking in heels make me burn more calories? just a thought i had today
  • zzzzia
    Options
    Happy Easter to all of you :)
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Happy Easter to you to…

zzzzia yay for you doing 10K…..way to go!

I am posting on the thread my stats…the day after i posted last week I gained a pound and it took all week to lose it! I exercised more this week which was great except it made me real hungry. I couldn't stop eating!! I didn't eat bad but just more…it wasn't until last few days I went back to eating less.
  • zzzzia
    Options
    Another 10K today.... feeling awesome :)

A quick reminder :
    WEEK 2 - 8th - 14th April

OWLs - 2 per day for each day you complete the following. 1 OWL if you make 250 per day.

Big Burn Challenge: Try to burn 500 calories per day, in any way you like. If you only make half of this, 1 OWL.

NEWTs - 1 Point per day for each day you do the following:

Share a recipe you have tried / want to try in the future that comes in at under 600 calories.
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Hey all! Hope you've had a good Easter week! I've been working the whole time, boo!

Managed to lose 1 1/4 lbs though!

As zzzzia kindly posted, week 2 has started! Try to burn 500 cals a day! I failed miserably at this yesterday, the rain was horrible and all I wanted to do when I finished work was curl up on the sofa and watch movies!

But I will be on it today, woo!

Please make sure that you've filled in your weight / exercise mins on the spreadsheet so I can get the figures off. TA!
  • fefetwimom
    fefetwimom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ignore this. once i did calculations my recipe was over 600
  • poorcopies
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I've been in London all day with work, so lots of running around for me and I've reached my highest stair climb rank on my fitbit, all those stairs to get on / off public transport!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi Slytherin!

A friend of mine graciously offered to come be your Head of House so Poorcopies can have some help. She's been on vacation this week, but she's ready to get started now!

Her username is Kapeluza, and she should be by to introduce herself in the next day or two.

This doesn't change anything that's already in place for April, and if anyone has any concerns don't hesitate to let me know.

I think she's going to be a great addition to this House, and I hope you agree!

Good luck on your challenges this week!
    Bron
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm kapeluza and I'll be helping run the Slytherin group!

I'm really excited to be joining the group! I'm a big Harry Potter fan and what better way to get in shape than to do it Howgart's style!

I'll be catching up on what we are doing and help Poorcopies get this group into shape! (See what I did there :P)

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Julie/kapeluza
  • zzzzia
    Options
    Welcome Julie!
    This group seems awfully quiet these days. Maybe you can bring some exra motivation.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Sure will try to help get this group moving! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi Serpents! I'm just giving you a heads up that April Week 1's results are posted in the Great Hall!

Great work everyone!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    How is everyone today? It's my day off work and it's been a very lazy day, I am about to get busy with some Wii zumba at home though to try and remedy that (and kick us into gear for the house points comp!)

Here is a under 600 cals recipe, mustard chicken! 367 per serving, I usually have it with fresh veggies and half a baked potato so it comes in under 600 cals for the whole meal - enjoy!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4814/mustardstuffed-chicken