Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• fefetwimom
    fefetwimom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    okay since april is over i think im going to stop doing the group thing. i have 4 groups and i never check them. i want friends on my page so i can be accountable and so i can get motivation but yeah i'm not really active here. so sorry to you guys, you have been great but yeah i'm done. maybe someday i'll come back and check in but for now you can take me out of your challenges.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Fair play, good luck on your journey!

Welcome to Jamie & Hernandezcr87!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I was sorted into Slytherin on Pottermore and so I am reporting for duty. I am pretty classic Slytherin.

I'll check in for challenges from time to time but in case my stats can be useful for a running challenge, 45 minutes of Pilates this morning and down 6 pounds from my starting point.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    April Results are posted in the Great Hall!
  • omgcookies
    omgcookies Posts: 4
    Options
    I want to join Slytherin!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Everyone who wants in can join!

Sorry I've been so slack, I've been super busy with work and other RL stuff.

Until we found an actual HoH (I was only ever going to be deputy!) can we repeat April's challenges for May?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/poorcopies/view/slytherin-weekly-challenge-s-may-2013-256285

I know it's already Wednesday, sorry!

Good luck gang let's smash this, this month!
  • BexBlueye
    BexBlueye Posts: 5
    Options
    I am new here and I am joining Team Slytherin

Greetings to all my fellow clever serpents :)
  • poorcopies
    Options
    I am so sorry people, had a super busy week and have neglected you! Things have quietened down now at work so I promise to dedicate my time to my fellow serpents, I will try and message you all in the next few days to see how you're all doing!

Much love! x
  • kryia
    kryia Posts: 10
    Options
    I would like to join, please
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey Slytherin House!

Just hopping in to get an idea of who we still have in the house. If you're still interested in being a member and participating, drop a quick line here in the common room. Hope several of you are still lurking around! :smokin:
  • makinofastar
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jennifer. I sorted myself through pottermore, and was sorted into Slytherin. I figured I might as well stick to that house lol. Anyway, I'm excited to start. I love the series and think that this is a really interesting idea!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jennifer. I sorted myself through pottermore, and was sorted into Slytherin. I figured I might as well stick to that house lol. Anyway, I'm excited to start. I love the series and think that this is a really interesting idea!

Welcome, makinofastar, BexBlueye, and kryia!

We're currently in the process of getting Slytherin house moving with some more members, but we're happy to have you as part of Hogwarts! I'm Kelly, I'm currently the Ravenclaw Head of House, but I'll be switching over soon to Hogwarts Headmistress, so let me know if I can help in any way.

I just updated the Slytherin House spreadsheet for weigh-ins, so feel free to update your weekend weight under 6/4 Start and then enter your goal weight for the end of the month under June Goal:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFZEMjlkZ3c5NkVxQ0Ffa003M2x5dnc#gid=0
  • makinofastar
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to us so quickly. I think I was able to update myself on the spreadsheet. I do have a question about the owls and newts. Will those be added soon? I tried reading over all of the information but it was still a little confusing.
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Until I can confirm that we have someone to take on the HoH duties for Slytherin, I'll post challenges for this week so that you can have something to work for. Let me know if you have any questions. Basically you'll track these for each day of the week starting on your weigh-in day (can be any day Fri through Mon, so long as you choose the same day of the week every week). When you weigh in, you'll track your updated weight on the tracker along with any OWLs and NEWTs you've earned. :)

WEEK 1 - June

OWLs - 2 OWLs per day for each day you complete approximately 30 minutes of break exercises per day, or 1 OWL if you only manage 15.

Break Exercises! Decide whether you'd like to do this while you watch TV in the evening, or maybe while you're at work or home all day: At every commercial/bathroom break, take a few minutes to do any combination of push ups, sit ups, lunges and jumping jacks.

NEWTs - 1 Point per day for each day you do the following:

Plan meals ahead of time! Either the night before, first thing in the morning, or several days ahead of time, log all of your food for the day beforehand. Make any necessary adjustments before you close your diary for the day.
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Any Slytherins still around? Doing well with the challenges?
  • makinofastar
    Options
    I'm back again for the week. I'm a teacher and this past week was the last week of school which was probably the worst week for me to start something lol. Plus, I had been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and out of nowhere I started having knee problems. I never had knee problems in my life. One week off of all exercise and my knee is back to normal. I don't have any pain what so ever anymore. I am going to try a new exercise program that's geared a little more for beginners and then I'll try 30 shred again.
  • desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm back again for the week. I'm a teacher and this past week was the last week of school which was probably the worst week for me to start something lol. Plus, I had been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and out of nowhere I started having knee problems. I never had knee problems in my life. One week off of all exercise and my knee is back to normal. I don't have any pain what so ever anymore. I am going to try a new exercise program that's geared a little more for beginners and then I'll try 30 shred again.
    [/quote

Glad to hear the knee problem cleared up. What other exercise programs have you checked out? I'm trying to find something a little more structure then just trying to do it on my own.

Hope your summer is off to a great start!
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just joined the group and would love to be part of the Slytherin house!
    My current weight is 210.

I read the rules for the group and everything, so I hope I'm doing this right,.
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I have been so slammed with work, I've neglected my fellow Slytherins, apologies!

Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I also just joined the group and it said Slytherins were needed so here i am :)

I'm looking to lose and never find 70lb and like to do challenges so let me know what i have to do to get started

Also i'm kind of new to mfp in general so feel free to add me as a friend.