LOW CARB MEETING ROOM

Options

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Yay, 3 day weekend! I am so ready for it! Gonna go buy some pork spareribs that are on sale and have bbq all weekend, lol! I use Stubbs BBQ sauce (which you can get at Walmart or Safeway). It only has 6 carbs per serving, as opposed to say, Kraft, which has 15-16 carbs per serving. I will save room in my day for the carbs cuz I love me some BBQ! They also have boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale, and I will get some, but I just can't get excited about more chicken, lol!

Made another batch of the Perfect Party Cheesecakes and they weren't as good as my first ones. Definitely follow the recipe and wait to add the eggs till last. I just dumped everything in the bowl and beat it. I didn't think it would make a difference, but it did! Now I know. :) They aren't bad, still pretty tasty, but the first batch I made was AWESOME! So that is a heads up for all of you planning on making them. Also, if you check the link and read her blog, she puts strawberries, blueberries, etc on hers. I am a fan of just plain 'ol cheesecake so that is how I eat mine. They pouff up in the oven but fall in the fridge so don't be surprised. That is just what they do. :)

My weight is just holding steady - no new losses, but that's better than a gain, lol! I am ready for another "woosh"! TOM is approaching, so it won't be anytime soon. Oh well, the joys of being female. :)

Hope you all have a great day! I better work now, lol!
  • Lindac672411
    Lindac672411 Posts: 108
    Options
    Good Morning:

Well it looks like everyone has a plan (food-wise), and are really into planning and watching the carbs. I wanted to suggest to all to add "FIBER" into your menu so that you can see how many grams of fiber you are getting a day plus you can subtract it from the CARB column to get your NET FIBER, which is what we really want to watch.

As for your coffee answer, have you ever tried "Folgers and "Bustelo." Very good.:heart:

This weekend is really going to test our resolve. CAN YOU GET THROUGH IT? Remember one moment of "bliss" is worth the sacrifice you made all week. STICK TO THE PLAN. Have a great low carb day and let's eat healthy:happy: this weekend.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I just went shopping and bought a size 8 pair of capris!!!! WHOO HOO!! I have not been this small in years! Most of the others were 10's, but who cares, I bought a freaking size 8! That FITS! Just had to throw that out there...It can be done everyone, don't give up! I was in some 18's when I started this journey. It will happen!
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks for the coffee info and the Jimmi John's info. We have one down the road from where I work. Didn't know that they "un-wiched". Great info!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    That is fantastic Bailey, to know that you are smaller than you originally thought. You Go!!!!
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am still holding steady at 62 lbs lost. I had a little unplanned deviation last weekend as went camping with family and of course did cave a little to compromise but still managed to eat mostly lowcarb over the 3 days. I went up 2 lbs temporarily and dropped them 2 days after getting home. I think it was salt, simple as that, but right now I'm having 2 eggs and some leftover roast I found in the freezer for lunch. I'm watching 2 of my little grandchildren this evening so will probably just take my own food along to keep from caving in. It's usually not really a problem anymore. I guess being healthy is more tempting to me than caving in to food I shouldn't eat. My exercise level went from high while camping to normal and the last few days practically non existent as I had to get some cervical spine treatments due to a neck injury that lays me up from time to time. So going a little slower with activity this weekend but hopefully pain relief will be kicking in soon. One thing I was finding really motivating was my logging in every single day and when I missed logging my food while camping, and when I had my recent lumpectomy, it started me over, but I've really been on track since January 2, 2012, other than those couple of times that I didn't click Complete entry for a few days. By now I would have been up around 150 days in a row logging in. ugh, it bugs me LOL! Oh well, life happens. Good going to all the effort out there. We are awesome. =)

Editing this to post the calories and carbs I figured out for one 9" personal pan pizza (that's what I'm calling it!) 458 calories for the whole thing (this is without the meat I mentioned)

13 gms carbs before deducting the fiber
    5 gms fiber
    8 net grams carb for the whole 9: pizza
    1,103 sodium is a little high but you could try low sodium cheese or just plan for a higher sodium meal that day. There is cheese in the crust so maybe go a little easier on the cheese in the topping. I add just enough so that the veggies will having something to hang onto. You won't be disappointed if you try this. I'm sure the 2 cup version if you have a big nonstick pan, and 1/2 cup of the LC bake mix, would feed a family. I just don't have a big enough fry pan to do that, since it's only me.
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Hi 2012Newbie: Welcome back to the group. 62 lbs is great!!! When you are camping, I bet it can get a little rough in the eating department. But the main thing is you did not do any major damage.

Hoping you feel better soon, I myself have an hip injuiry so I know what you are talking about when you say "from time to time." If walking doesn't hinder you than hey, 5,000 steps/day is like 2.5 miles. If you have a cell phone, you can put the app on your phone so that you can continue to log when away from home, or borrow someone else's and go on the internet on their phone and do it that way.

Thanks for the pizza recipe too. Have a great low carb day and will check back tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hello friends! hope your weekend was stress free, last week i got on the scale @ 210lbs i gained 14lbs of water? well i not sure if i gained any real fat because i got on the scale this morning @ 200lbs, how can i hold on to this much weight of just water? well i was a little sick this past week but i am happy to say i am felling better, =)

well have a wonderful stress free week friends!
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of the Veterans out there, thank you to all of our military people for the sacrifices they've made!

I just weighed in and I'm down 64 lbs as of today so very psyched about that. This morning I put in a big batch of fresh green beans an onion, garlic, 2 slices of bacon, and fresh mushrooms in my crockpot with a little water, salt pepper. It smells great. I'll have some of that with deviled eggs for dinner tonite. I'm having a little polish sausage with sauerkraut, onions and mustard for lunch with hot and spicy pork rinds and some guacamole. That crockpot is smelling so good. Does anyone here like to make a big pot of soup or stew and then just freeze leftovers for easy go to meals during the week? I love making a stew with lowcarb veggies and beef or chicken. It's delicious and easy.
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Good Afternoon

2012 newbie: Congratulations on your loss!!!! That is fantastic. Not much of a soup eater myself, but your lunch sounds delicious. Yes, it is nice to remember all the men and women that sacrifice their lives for our freedom. I love Fleet Week here in NY.

Blkerica: You deserve your loss, you worked hard at it. Glad to know that the majority of it was water.

Just finished eating lunch (breakfast style), and am going to relax as I have a busy week ahead. Have a great day and will chat with you all tomorrow.
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am back from a pretty good weekend. I did pretty good. I did have a piece of cake and some ice cream, but for a three day weekend, which included a birthday party and out of town guests, I did pretty darn well! I haven't run since Friday, really gotta get back out there tonight! I am thinking of going before I have to get my kids from daycare. We'll see...if I can't go then, I won't be able to go today. My husband is at work today and won't be home until tomorrow morning.

I went through my closet and dresser yesterday. It was a really good feeling! I now have all the clothes that fit me in the closet and dresser and the big clothes OUT and ready to take to a consignment shop to sell! Went swimming and got some good sun yesterday, too :) Feeling good today, except that my stupid pants go clean past my belly button. Used to really like high pants, but now they just drive my nuts! Have a wonderful day everybody!!
  • dis5150
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We didn't do much. BBQ a couple of times, that's about it. I cheated yesterday and had 1/4 cup of the Grape Salad that I took to my aunt's bbq. It is so good - I couldn't resist a taste! The only thing in it that I can't have are the grapes, lol! I am up a tiny bit in weight, but it's just water. I can tell TOM is approaching as I have cramps and want to eat everything in sight, lol! I took my Joseph's Bakery Pita's to the bbq and put my hamburger in one. Yummy! So nice to feel like I was having bread!

Bailey, so happy for you to get your size 8's! That is an awesome accomplishment! And too funny about the high waisted pants! The only jean shorts I have that fit me right now come up past my belly button! My 23 year old daughter wouldn't let me wear them when she was visiting, cuz they are "mom jeans". I too am so used to the low rise pants now!

Well, just checking in. Must go work now. Then end of our fiscal year is coming up and we are trying to close everything out and get everyone paid. Busy month ahead! :)
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Dis5150: Glad you were conscious of what they were eating and managed control. I am also excited that the pounds are dropping for you Bailey. Way to Go!!!!

Hoping everyone else had a great weekend too!
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    Low Carb Controversy

I have been taking a lot of criticism lately about my low carb diet choice. It works for me so think what they may! I met a woman who told me I was not doing Atkins correctly and suggested I read one of Dr. Atkins earlier writings. I recently purchased a old Atkins book (Diet Revolution 1980 publish date) and began comparing the information to the New Atkins diet book. Wow, each book has a ton of information, but they contradict each other on major points of the diet. I am now really confused. I think I am more of an "old school" Atkins dieter, but I would love to hear other's thoughts on the subject.......

Lynne
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Lynne, I was recently told I eat too much protein....people who don't understand Atkins just don't get it. My reply was that I in no way eat too much protein. I eat meat, eggs, cheese (in moderation), berries and nuts. The only food group I've cut out is wheat and what I call "unhealthy" carbs. I do not eat wheat. It makes me feel fatigued and just crappy. I do not eat sugar for the same reason. I believe 100% in this lifestyle and will not ever go back!

Dis, that's funny about your daughter! I am wearing a pair of Dress Barn capris today, and they are past my belly button again. It seems like all nice pants are too high for me. They cut into my ribs when I sit down, and since I'm a seccretary, I sit allllllll day! Drives me nuts! I am stuffing payroll checks today, so I think I'll stand at my counter for a bit! LOL I've been trying to stand and work at my counter as much as I can.

I got up early this morning and worked out. Last night right after work, I took a run and went a mile and a half without stopping. First time I've EVER gone that far. Just a week ago I went a mile without stopping for the first time. I love running already. After I ran I picked up the kids and went home and did Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" for the first time ever. LOVED it! My new workout schedule is this: 30 Day Shred in the early morning and a run and Ripped in 30 in the afternoon. Won't run everyday. Don't want to over do it.

Hope everybody is having a great day! Hope to hear from everyone today! Where is coy?? Hope you are well, Coy!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Good Afternoon:

Lynn: Yes, you will find people telling your the negative things about Atkins/Low Carb, but we know the difference. It shows up in our lab results (me, anyhow). And eating to many "man-made" foods i.e, potato chips, bread, ice cream all have excessive sugars in them and leads us to heart disease, high cholestrol as well as the big one "diabetes." So we have to do "our thing" and rebuke the nay-sayers.

Yes, the second book is a little more updated than the 1st book as he is a little more flexible with the carb on Induction from 20g to 25g, and a lot of other little changes. Before in original Atkins version, they didn't count calories or pay attention to calories, in the newer edition, since his death -- they have told us not to eat mindlessly and to be aware of our caloric intake. Stop eating when you are full, even if there is food still on the plate, etc. Before, it was eat to your heart's content.

Bailey: Great job on the run, you are truly doing it!!! You will be at goal by the end of the month.:flowerforyou:

Will check back in later to chat with you all. Hope everyone in group, a "great" low carb day.:wink:
  • dis5150
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I like the old Atkins, although I do follow the "net" carb rules. I don't like the new Atkins - seems like they just want to push their products on you. I eat till I am full, although it is hard to not watch calories when you get the big red negative number at the end of your day on MFP!! So, I just upped my calorie intake in the settings, lol! As long as I keep my net carbs where they should be and don't eat so much sodium, I lose. I looked back at my past week and I was over on sodium every day going back until I got to Saturday! No wonder I haven't lost and have actually gained a bit. But it is TOM and I usually gain anyway, plus I crave salt, lol! It will go away next week. I just upped my water intake.

I was really bad today and had a pbj on Sarah Lee Delightful Bread. It only has 14 net carbs in 2 slices. I was really, really craving a pbj! So I had one! When TOM hits, I usually give in to cravings, just try to keep them as low carb as possible! I am good the rest of the month, so I figure it balances out, lol!

I wanted to start running again but I am afraid of hurting my foot again! I might just get a Leslie Sansone DVD and start with that. My daughter and I are NOT going to Disneyland for the 5k now, so I don't have a deadline for the running.
    Bailey, you are kicking butt with the workouts! Great job! I feel so lazy and unmotivated! It's funny cuz I KNOW that I will feel good after I do it, I just have a hard time making myself do it! I am glad you got your motivation going!

Everyone, have an excellent day!
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Morning friends! How are you all? Pretty good here. Got up and did my Ripped in 30 workout this morning and will do my run after work. I have been so much more hungry since doing all this cardio. I ate like a horse yesterday! I've been trying to get more greens in lately. I've been pretty bad with eating all meat. Trying my best!! Planning on a huge salad at lunch today. Getting up this morning was so darn hard! I was so tired last night. My body is definetely not used to all this cardio. Since I started Atkins it has been so easy to get out of bed, but man, today was haaaard!:yawn:

Well, hope everyone else is doing well. I'm off to start my work!
  • dis5150
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So happy - I lost the water weight I had gained and am back to where I started, lol! I was part of 2 different "Lose 5 lbs in May" groups and I lost a total of 6.6 lbs in the month of May! So excited! Being part of those groups keeps me motivated, because I know I have to post my weight each Monday and I HATE posting a gain! Vanity, I know! But it keeps me going, lol! One of the groups (a closed group) continued into June and I am back at it. I want to lose another 5 lbs in June, then I would be at my goal weight! I love low carb! I can lose weight and don't have to be hungry all the time!

Well, hope everyone had a great day. Looks like Bailey and I are the only ones to post here so far today. Hope all is well with everyone else.

Good workout Bailey! I hope your rain stopped so you could do your run!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Hi Ladies:

I know it is late, but I did want to check in and chat before I call it a day.

That is great that you lost this week. And you probably will do even better at your next weigh in.

Bailey, where do you get all of that energy? Wow! You are doing a fantastic job in the exercise department. You are sure to it your goal weight by mid June.

Anyway, have a great nite and I will check in tomorrow.