Low Carb Muffin in a Minute!

Options

Replies

• nelsonwd
    nelsonwd Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes...Saving this to try them out.
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've just started the induction phase of the New Atkins (after a crippling migrane yesterday, detoxing from sugar, I'm on my way to ketosis :) ).

Providing I keep within my 20g of carbs a day, does anyone know if I am allowed these while in induction? Previoulsy the Akins told you to stay away from anything but pure protein and green veg for the Induction phase....

Am really looking forward to trying the savoury version tonight - just back from Holland & Barrets getting the Flax seed!

Thanks!
    Ails

Yes you can have these in induction the carbs-fiber for flax is zero! So you only have to count the other ingredients which are mostly induction friendly. I would skip the chocolate or other varieties until week 3!
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I literally just learned about MM's yesterday. I'm not sure though if all the versions are the same. The formula I found used almonds to make the base. Is that the norm or just another version? Trying to get a handle on things and I think this might be a great option for me while I'm battling those induction cravings! Thanks.

I would think the difference is in carb counts. Ground almond flour is higher in carbs-fiber then flax meal.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    What a cool vehicle for sweet & savory! Thanks for posting, I will be enjoying these regularly...
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump...I have been wanting this recipe!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You don't need to bump this thread, it is already Pinned to the top of the list. :wink:
  • d1n13b
    d1n13b Posts: 4
    Options
    New here and it's great to have someone so knowledgeable, thanks for posting the alternative for us Brits, will be heading to Asda for some Linseed, looking forward to giving this a go.
  • rangomango
    rangomango Posts: 11
    Options
    thanks for posting, these sound amazing! going to try some later today!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    New here and it's great to have someone so knowledgeable, thanks for posting the alternative for us Brits, will be heading to Asda for some Linseed, looking forward to giving this a go.

The brand to look for is 'Linwoods'.

Holland & Barrett also sell linseed, and Linwoods pre-ground Flax.
  • ASH0424
    ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    These sound aweomse, I will be try some if not all of these in time!
  • LLRider
    LLRider Posts: 65
    Options
    I found the MIM recipe last night! I made my version with stevia, 1T Greek yogurt, a few blueberries and chopped walnuts. I was skeptical that I would get anything remotely like a muffin in one minute ... BUT...
    It was great!
    I've been eating at least one tablespoon of ground flax most days - sometimes more - sprinkled on salads or veggies ~ I'm curious though to see what a whole 1/4 cup will do to my digestion ...
    :wink:
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    loving the recipe!! :)
  • christie5683
    Options
    Saw you post and had to write. Thanks for sharing the muffin recipe and adding me as a friend. I'm going to try it this morning for breakfast. Reads YUMMY! I have been low carbing for a couple months now and could use some support. Looking forward to trying all the muffin recipes in the days to come.
    ONE QUESTION.....I have flax seeds, not meal. Could I ground these for the muffins?
  • christie5683
    Options
    Did you nuke them or bake them? The ones w/ cream cheese.
  • christie5683
    Options
    I made these this morning:
    1 8oz pkg cream cheese
    1 egg
    1/4 cup splenda
    splash of vanilla

Preheat oven to 400. Soften cream cheese. Mix all ingredients until smooth. Fill 6 muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes. Just ate one warm and loved it!
  • christie5683
    Options
    I made these this morning:
    1 8oz pkg cream cheese
    1 egg
    1/4 cup splenda
    splash of vanilla

Preheat oven to 400. Soften cream cheese. Mix all ingredients until smooth. Fill 6 muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes. Just ate one warm and loved it!
    Did you nuke them or bake them? The ones w/ cream cheese.
    OOPS...SORRY GUYS. i'M STILL LEARNING HOW TO POST. FORGIVE THE REPEATS AND ERRORS...LOL
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump and thanks to all contributors. Trying to cut back on my carbs and have been lurking on this board, but didn't get the reference to MIM! My biggest offender is my morning oatmeal, so these will help.
  • christie5683
    Options
    I just made this MM. Did not have the dark flax but had golden flaxseeds. I ground them and made it. OH my goodness!!!! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Thank you so much for the recipes. I am looking forward to making your other recipes and creating some of my own. THIS IS AWESOME, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!
    *one note: when I ground 1/4 cup of the seeds it came out to more than that post grinding.