Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• bettyzing
    bettyzing Posts: 48
    Options
    I am in my fifth week and up 2 kg's ! No inches lost yet............
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    So, I've been at this eating more for about 8 weeks and I've started losing well again....Just in the past 2 weeks I've lost 3 pounds, for a total of 5 pounds since starting to EM2WL. I have read that I should redo my TDEE and adjust my calories after losing 5 pounds, but when I did it only changed by 30 calories. Many days I'm eating over my 15% cut anyway, so is it really necessary to adjust every 5 pounds? I don't feel like 30 calories is going to make or break me. Thanks!

Well, I lost 1.6 pounds again this week, so I guess I don't have to worry about cutting my calories any at this point. :)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Hi guys.I started day before yesterday and took measurements today so here we go--

Start 6/20/12 Weight 112 (up a little due to AF I think)
    Measurements--
    neck 12.5
    waist 26.5 at narrowest
    waist at naval 28
    hip 33 at widest with buttocks
    left calf 12.5
    right calf 12.5
    left bicep 10
    right bicep 10
    left thigh 19.25
    right thigh 19.5

I have been eating at 1660 for a while now and eating back exercise calories as well. I'm at my goal weight (from 142 a year and 1/2 ago) but would REALLY like to get my body fat % down and build some real muscle so my scooby TDEE is 2150. I'm set at 2000 per day and we'll see what happens. I do strength (JW pyramid DVD) a few times a week and cardio (bike) on off days. I typically workout 6 days a week though I might scale back to 5 and see how my body feels about that.
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have been eating more for a while now. I decided to up my calories even more last weekend from 1600 to 1800 because I felt I was losing too quickly for fat loss. I don't know if it's a fluke but I have lost 2% fat although my weight is the same. Which is what I wanted. :-)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    *UPDATE*
    end of week 8 of TDEE-15%

weight: +500g (1lb)
    measurements:
    -0.5cm in thighs and calves
    +0.5cm in waist
    +1cm in neck and arms
    +/-0 in bust measurement

Positive changes: I have tons of energy and sleep well
    Negative: none other than no loss

Exercise routine: NROLFW - week 3.
    If Dr gives me the ok, I think i'll go back to Chalean Extreme again 'cause that routine motivates me more.Do you think that's a good idea?

Any ideas as to what I could be doing differently/what I could change to improve things?
    Thanks!
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Alright - I am starting Week 12 of EM2WL. I am at 2050 Kcal per day with 3-5 hrs of exercise per week. Mostly cardio at this point but I have been slowly incorporating strength training, mostly geared towards arms. Mostly meeting my macros of 50%carb/25%protein/25%fat (I need to be at 25% fat due to my gallbladder, or lack of one! and just can't get the protein up to 30% yet, but I have been working on it and have been good at hitting 25% now, so I plan to increase protein & decrease carbs as I am able)

GOOD NEWS!

I weighted in at my plateau weight of 181 after fluctuating between 182-185 the last 3 mos.

EVEN BETTER NEWS!

I have 3 less inches at my waistline! So based on the Military Body Fat Calculator, I have lost 3% body fat over the last 3 months!

So hang in there EM2WL does work - You Can Do It!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm new here and just posting some starting stats after struggling with low calories for a long time and falling on and off the wagon for 7 years figured had to change something!

Starting Weight - 215.6lbs
    Height - 5'4"
    Neck - 15"
    Waist - 43"
    Bicep - 14.5"
    Forearm - 11.5"
    Chest - 40"
    Hips - 44"
    Thigh - 23.5"
    Calf - 17"
    Wrist - 7"
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    This is my first time checking in on this thread although I have been increasing my calorie intake and also increasing my strength training since the beginning of May:

Starting:
    160 pounds
    Bust 38
    Waist 31.5
    Hips 43
    Thighs 24.5

Today:
    155 pounds
    Bust 37
    Waist 31
    Hips 41
    Thighs 23

I've lost 5 inches! I never saw results like this when I was eating 1200 calories. Now I eat 1600-1900 most days and I'm losing!
  • Tigermad
    Options
    I upped my calories from 1600 to 1800 nearly 2 weeks ago and have had a great fat loss. I have also increased my lean mass (due to NROLFW). Only downside is that I have gained 2 pounds that I lost during the 2 weeks doing this but at least its not fat! Hopefully this will help with my skinny fat issue I have :-) Overall I have still lost though.

14/06/2012

Weight 141.4 lbs
    Lean Mass 103.4 lbs
    Fat Mass 38 lbs

28/06/2012

Weight 140.8 lbs
    Lean Mass 106.1 lbs
    Fat Mass 34.7 lbs

Will be doing my measurements this weekend.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone..

I started EM2WL in late march.. I take my measurements once a month so here is this months progress

.5in loss in under boob roll
    .5in loss in belly

4 lbs lost

BMI down .7
    I cant find my calipers otherwise there would be a BF% calculation too.

In TOTAL since march
    14.8 lbs lost
    8.5 inches lost
    at last calculation reduction of 5%BF

:)

WOOOO

My program consists of EM2WL, New Rules of Lifting for Women, and Running. :)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I finally made it over that HUGE hump! I joined EM2WL a few weeks ago because I was gaining/losing the same weight. I upped my calories and dropped to 200.4. Then the next week it was 200.2 and I thought "are you kidding me?!" I'm so close. Today I weighed and I am at 199.8lbs. I am so excited. Thank you for helping me
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today was measure day for me and I'm so happy to report my total inches lost is now: 9.25". Simply amazing!!! Most of the loss is from my waist and hips but slowly losing in my arms and legs too. Every little 1/4" counts and is a huge accomplishment for me.

As for the EVIL scale, the last time I weighed about a week ago I was up 2 pounds so I did NOT weigh today. I know my body is slowly changing, loving the healthy foods I'm feeding it and thanking me by S L O W L Y shrinking at a slow and steady rate. It's all good.

Like so many of you have said this is an ongoing process and not a race. I can live with that. At 57 years old I know this is the right thing to be doing for my body and my health.

I look to these boards for support and inspiration and I thank you all for your insight and inspiration as well as sharing your struggles. It's nice to know we're not alone.
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, after week 1 here we go....
    I think I went through every "stage" they listed for EM2LW in 1 week lol. Here are my stats after 1 week.....

up 2 lbs.
    lost 1/2 - 1" off all measurements except my arms. (which is good.. I'm lifting lol) (1" off my waist)

So, I'm happy I'm over the feeling "bloated" thing, love getting to eat more, and although I'm up 2 lbs.. I will trust the inches more! I have been losing/gaining the same 3 lbs for months now, so I didn't go crazy over the scale gain. Actually happy that it was only 2. Loving that the measurements moved!!

Ready for week 2!!
  • Tigermad
    Options
    Happy. Happy. Happy!

Measured today. I have lost 6.5 inches in a month and around 3.5lbs

27 may. 1. July

Left arm. 12.5. 11.5
    Right arm. 12.5. 11.5
    Left thigh. 20.5. 20
    Right thigh. 21. 21
    Chest. 32.5. 32
    Waist. 31. 30
    Hips. 36. 35
    Neck. 14. 13.5
    Left calf. 16. 15.5
    Right calf. 15.5. 15.25

Very pleased with this results seems like em2wl and nrolfw is working. I haven't lost much from my right thigh because I have a lipoma which will always be there. :-(
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I finally made it over that HUGE hump! I joined EM2WL a few weeks ago because I was gaining/losing the same weight. I upped my calories and dropped to 200.4. Then the next week it was 200.2 and I thought "are you kidding me?!" I'm so close. Today I weighed and I am at 199.8lbs. I am so excited. Thank you for helping me
    WOO HOOOOO!!!! Great job!!!:drinker:
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - Been eating at 2300ish each day instead of the 1600 MFP had me on. Hardly ever hungry anymore, and am down 2lbs!! Happy with that. See what week 2 brings :-)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I put this in another thread but thought I would add it here for motivation.

I am down another 2 inches overall in the last week but the scale is still the same. I can see a viable difference though and that is what matters, not the scale.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi ya folks ... I'm pretty happy to report that lose approx 1.5-2.5 cm a week

Lost 1.9kg (4.3 pounds) in the last 2 months

That is 10.5cm (4.1 inches) so far in last 2 months

yay!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options

yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing! Great work.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options

yay!!!!!!!!!!!
    wow wow!! that's awesome!