Saying Hi from Olney, Maryland!! :smile:
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Saying Hi from Olney, Maryland!! :smile:

Welcome to the group!
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    holy moly! look at all the new peeps! :-D hi everyone!

I'm out in Leesburg, feel free to add me (make sure you let me know why you're adding me! hahaha)

I'm at almost all of the meet ups (still not 100% sure about this coming weekend's) and i'm very active and encouraging.

<waves>
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow DMV-ers!! Feel free to add me, I love local friends :)
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I live in Woodbridge, VA, and work in DC. I have a two year old a handsome and awesome husband. I however, need extra motivation to attain my weigh tloss goals. I'll love to hike and dance, excersies are no issues for me. I enjoy Zumba and also often go to KaZaXe classes in Alexandria, VA. Its the eating healthier part that's a great problem for me....

About a year ago i had lost about 20 lb. (halfway my goal) but started studying for a professional certification.
    It was very stressful, long hours @ coffe shop/library studying after a 9hr day @ job plus 2 hrs commute back home. LOL I finished the 4th part of the exam (just need to take the ethics portion of it)

It was (and its still) a struggle to balance work, baby, hubby and house duties. Needless to say, I've gained just about all the weight I had lost almost a year ago. I'm hoping to get motivation, inspiration and tips and participate in weight loss challenges.
    I also would like to participate in group hikes, health parties, watever.... my husband and I love meeting new peoples and other couples.

Ultimate goal is to loose 40 lb by next summer and meet nice and fun people in the process!
    :)
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site with lots of info! The people are wonderful too! :drinker:

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I live in Woodbridge, VA, and work in DC. I have a two year old a handsome and awesome husband. I however, need extra motivation to attain my weigh tloss goals. I'll love to hike and dance, excersies are no issues for me. I enjoy Zumba and also often go to KaZaXe classes in Alexandria, VA. Its the eating healthier part that's a great problem for me....

About a year ago i had lost about 20 lb. (halfway my goal) but started studying for a professional certification.
    It was very stressful, long hours @ coffe shop/library studying after a 9hr day @ job plus 2 hrs commute back home. LOL I finished the 4th part of the exam (just need to take the ethics portion of it)

It was (and its still) a struggle to balance work, baby, hubby and house duties. Needless to say, I've gained just about all the weight I had lost almost a year ago. I'm hoping to get motivation, inspiration and tips and participate in weight loss challenges.
    I also would like to participate in group hikes, health parties, watever.... my husband and I love meeting new peoples and other couples.

Ultimate goal is to loose 40 lb by next summer and meet nice and fun people in the process!
    :)

Hi everyone,

I'm in Woodbridge too. Commuting to & from Tyson's. I've lost 55 lbs total, 40lbs since joining MFP. I still have a ways to go. I am currently training for my first half marathon in October. Would love to meet up fellow DC area MFP members and participate in some fun outdoor activities!
  • Kath118
    Kath118 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm Katherine and I live in DC. I am not new to MFP but I am trying to use the community part of this site a little bit better to keep motivated and working hard!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm Katherine and I live in DC. I am not new to MFP but I am trying to use the community part of this site a little bit better to keep motivated and working hard!

Hi Katherine! Welcome to the group!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm in Woodbridge too. Commuting to & from Tyson's. I've lost 55 lbs total, 40lbs since joining MFP. I still have a ways to go. I am currently training for my first half marathon in October. Would love to meet up fellow DC area MFP members and participate in some fun outdoor activities!

Welcome to the group!
  • capgurl
    capgurl Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Kim. I both live and work in DC. I discovered MFP yesterday and signed on immediately. I'm happy to have a tool handy to track my progress and a local community to keep me motivated to reach my fitness goals.

Best wishes in meeting your fitness goals too!!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Kim. I both live and work in DC. I discovered MFP yesterday and signed on immediately. I'm happy to have a tool handy to track my progress and a local community to keep me motivated to reach my fitness goals.

Best wishes in meeting your fitness goals too!!

Welcome to the group, Kim!
  • Karla_Witha_K
    Karla_Witha_K Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined MFP today and I'm super exicted. I live in PG but work in DC for a government agency. I'm in school going for my MBA in International Business and I'm busy busy busy. Looking to lose the last 10-15 lbs and tone up. Who says sexy means skinny? Fit is the new sexy!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined MFP today and I'm super exicted. I live in PG but work in DC for a government agency. I'm in school going for my MBA in International Business and I'm busy busy busy. Looking to lose the last 10-15 lbs and tone up. Who says sexy means skinny? Fit is the new sexy!

Welcome to the group!
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just joined MFP today. Last night my other calorie counting app went corrupt and I am so glad to have found this community. I am hoping to get in shape for my beach trip to Rehobeth at the end of August. My ultimate goal is to lose 2 pounds a week - but I realize it may be a hefty goal. I am awaiting the Brazil Butt Lift CDs to arrive - has anyone tried it?
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just joined MFP today. Last night my other calorie counting app went corrupt and I am so glad to have found this community. I am hoping to get in shape for my beach trip to Rehobeth at the end of August. My ultimate goal is to lose 2 pounds a week - but I realize it may be a hefty goal. I am awaiting the Brazil Butt Lift CDs to arrive - has anyone tried it?

Hey there Shoes :) welcome to the group. My neighbor has done this one and she said that it is awesome. Personally, I have been taking a belly dance class and it is kicking my tail all over the place. :) Let me know how it goes! Oh and I'm sending a friend request too!
  • GFreg
    Options

Welcome to the group!
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good to meet you all, and thanks for the friendship :)
  • fudJy23
    fudJy23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm Judy and I'm in DC. I've been off and on MFP for about a year now. I don't have much weight to lose but I started since my clothes weren't fitting and I'd prefer to not go clothes shopping because I'm too lazy. I have a warped sense of lazy :)

Anyways, I'm getting back on the wagon since I'm training for the MCM and the Disney Goofy run this year and I was a happier runnier at 150 lbs. I'm hoping to drop as much as I can that's reasonable. I don't know why I had never thought to look for people local to the area before but here you all are!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm Judy and I'm in DC. I've been off and on MFP for about a year now. I don't have much weight to lose but I started since my clothes weren't fitting and I'd prefer to not go clothes shopping because I'm too lazy. I have a warped sense of lazy :)

Anyways, I'm getting back on the wagon since I'm training for the MCM and the Disney Goofy run this year and I was a happier runnier at 150 lbs. I'm hoping to drop as much as I can that's reasonable. I don't know why I had never thought to look for people local to the area before but here you all are!

Hi Judy and welcome to the group! I thinks it's kind of funny that you chose the word lazy. You would rather work hard and lose weight than simply buy new clothes, LOL! Hope you enjoy the group.