Where are my fellow P90xers?

I am starting Day 1 of P90x Classic Version today. Completed it 2 years ago with great results and excited to get back into it.

Been eating very well today and looking forward to my workout (Chest and Back/Ab Ripper).

Here are my stats:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 164
BMI: 25

Who else is on or going to start P90x.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well. Always looking for new friends to share motivation and support.

Replies

• YungBuck
    YungBuck Posts: 50
    Right here bro! Good luck man and kick *kitten*!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Right on! Where are you at in the program?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Hello - I started yesterday too.
  • As soon as I finish breastfeeding I plan to start doing Brazil Butt Lift in the mean time.
    Height: 5ft 4in
    BMI: 33%
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    I will be all over it once I finish this round of insanity. Also been reading the new rules of weightlifting for women, some good stuff in there.
  • BryGuy2
    Had my first successful day of being back on the program. Good nutrition and an awesome workout. Can't wait for Plyo later today!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    My wife and I started yesterday... well, kind of... our discs will be here today, so we just sort of followed the guide I found online best we could... So we will be starting out with the Tuesday workout today, which I'm told is one of the hardest... that's ok... it's only 45 minutes, even if it is the hardest 45 minutes ever, I still have 23 hours and 15 minutes left of my day...
  • BryGuy2
    @znm - Disc 2 is Plyometrics which is what i'm doing today. You'll hear Tony say "this is the mother of all p90x workouts." And it's true.. It is the toughest workout next to Yoga (yoga isn't as easy as you may think, just know that going into this program). My recommendation is take breaks when you need to and don't expect to follow their pace on the dvd, because they are intense and you will be exhausted. But after time you will love Plyo and be able to follow them. Good luck and enjoy ;)
  • Smuterella
    I'm mixing running in with P90X so was going to do a gentle run and some plyo tonight.

am I being too ambitious?
  • znm100
    @znm - Disc 2 is Plyometrics which is what i'm doing today. You'll hear Tony say "this is the mother of all p90x workouts." And it's true.. It is the toughest workout next to Yoga (yoga isn't as easy as you may think, just know that going into this program). My recommendation is take breaks when you need to and don't expect to follow their pace on the dvd, because they are intense and you will be exhausted. But after time you will love Plyo and be able to follow them. Good luck and enjoy ;)

Yeah, i'll push myself till I can't go anymore, take a break, and then get back at it... at almost 300 lbs, I know this is going to be challenging, but worth it.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Just started on Monday myself! I have been on myfitnesspal for a while though after my 2nd kid was born on October 13th! Here are my stats….

Current Weight: 109 this morning.
    Body Fat%: 18.1% this morning
    Height: 5’1 as of 7th grade, heheh

I want to hit the elite athlete range of 14-15% body fat if I can. I am going for more of a look so I might hit the look at 16%. I don't know anymore so we will see!
  • znm100
    oh btw, my stats:

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 295.6
    BMI: 38
    Body Fat %: will update once I figure out how to use the calipers.
  • BryGuy2
    Hey Lisa, that's not a bad idea. I just wouldn't do that back to back. When i was doing doubles, even when I was in great shape, I ran in the morning and did Plyo in the afternoon. Plyo is so intense I would be too exhausted doing both at the same time. That and i would rather have energy for Plyo because when you push yourself, you burn tons of calories and sometimes I can repeat some rounds to get more calories burned if I have that energy.

Alexis, I'm with you in that i'm focusing on looks and not so much weight. I am not focusing on the weight lost, but im at about 17-18% BF and looking to get down to around 14-15%. I've been the same height since high school as well haha!
  • Smuterella
    Unfortunately i am just not a morning person and I have several races lined up so can't get rid of the running completely. To be honest i think my downstairs neighbours won't be too keen on the plyo anyway - jumping around in a small apartment isn't that quiet - so it might be one I leave out most of the time!

Thanks!
  • BryGuy2
    Haha! Well i'm not saying you need to leave it out completely, I would just be careful if you do them back to back. I was in the same situation as you, the people below me complained everytime I did Plyo. Luckily I had a gym that noone went to in that complex, so I took my laptop down there and started doing my p90x down there. It was good because I had all the equipment I needed.

If you do decide to not do Plyo, substitute with Cardio X. It's not as intense and you're not jumping around like Plyo haha!
  • znm100
    Just did Plyo X... wow... burned 933 calories... I was tired after the warm up!! haha
  • BryGuy2
    Oh yeah, even the warm up is tough haha! I'm already sweating before the actual workout, but it's an awesome workout! Great work!
  • znm100
    yeah it is very tough, but definitely doable... I had to do some modified versions of a few of the exercises, but hopefully as I move on through the program I will be able to do all of them as originally planned.
  • Smuterella
    Only did a two mile run so going to TRY and do 15 minutes of the plyo just to see what it's like. Wish me luck!
  • znm100
    Only did a two mile run so going to TRY and do 15 minutes of the plyo just to see what it's like. Wish me luck!

They do everything twice in the plyo workout... they will have about 4 exercises and cycle through each one twice before moving on... I would suggest maybe just doing everything once since you ran already? that would get you down to about 30 minutes, which includes warm up and stretching at the end...