how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    According to my scale at home I'm up 21lbs at 24w4d, which is the weight my doctor's scale put me at 2 weeks ago. Usually my scale and my doctor's scale give me the same weight, but at my last appt hers showed I was 2lbs heavier than my scale at home did just a few hours earlier. The weight I use when I update my settings is the reading from my doctor's scale, as that's the measurement she's looking at. Anyway, looks like I'm stil gaining about a pound a week. My maternity pants are still fitting the same, but my bump had a growth spurt recently and I had to banish a few shirts to the "no longer fits" section of my closet. I think it's finally time to buy some maternity tops!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    As of today, I'm up 16lbs at 24 weeks/5 days...WAY better than with my daughter, but still at the "high end" of most pregnancy calculators I find. I'm still eating maintenance though for the most part- gonna bump it up a bit in 3rd tri!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hate the fact that I eat below my calories, workout like crazy and am still gaining a pound a week! :(. I look so fat and bloated now, i can honestly say that my self esteem pretty much sucks. Doesnt help that its summer and so hot, so i cant cover up with alot of clothes and layers
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Up 7 pounds at 21 weeks. It is scary to see the scale go up up up
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hate the fact that I eat below my calories, workout like crazy and am still gaining a pound a week! :(. I look so fat and bloated now, i can honestly say that my self esteem pretty much sucks. Doesnt help that its summer and so hot, so i cant cover up with alot of clothes and layers

I just started gain 1lb a week too and I am in the same boat as you. I guess our bodies will just do whatever they want at this point!

I also workout a lot and keep my calories at 1700-1800 a day. I try not to go over 1800 because I usually jump 1lb the next day if I do. Unless I burn 700cals( i'll eat more if I burn a lot), I pretty much stay between the 1700-1800 cal range.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm at 8 weeks 3 days and have gained four pounds. My pre-preggo BMI was 28 (I'm six feet tall too) and 90% of my former and current excess weight is in my hips, butt and thighs. I read a few medical articles that said the more you restrict calories during pregnancy the more weight you will gain, your body counteracts it. My doctor recommended just focusing on eating healthy foods as much as possible and exercising. It's amazing what happens to our bodies while we are preggo! I live in Las Vegas and the heat has been murder for me as far as water retention goes. I'm trying to hit the gym 4-5 days a week and do two days of mild strength training. I have a little bump already from my bigger uterus but nothing substantial yet. However with the bloating I still feel like a cow! LOL.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm at 8 weeks 3 days and have gained four pounds. My pre-preggo BMI was 28 (I'm six feet tall too) and 90% of my former and current excess weight is in my hips, butt and thighs. I read a few medical articles that said the more you restrict calories during pregnancy the more weight you will gain, your body counteracts it. My doctor recommended just focusing on eating healthy foods as much as possible and exercising. It's amazing what happens to our bodies while we are preggo! I live in Las Vegas and the heat has been murder for me as far as water retention goes. I'm trying to hit the gym 4-5 days a week and do two days of mild strength training. I have a little bump already from my bigger uterus but nothing substantial yet. However with the bloating I still feel like a cow! LOL.

I havent been able to find any articles on that. Would you happen to know where you read those? I eat healthy 80% of the time but yes i do allow my self some junk food. That seems to be what I crave! lol. I am now up 18lbs at 16 weeks and i cant seem to control it!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I've gained a total of 12 lbs in 10 weeks. It's almost all bloating, but I'm finally starting to look like I have a bump and not a blob on my belly.

Don't feel so bad. Just focus on being as healthy as you can for you and your baby :) Water weight comes on quickly, but it goes away quickly too. Don't stress so much hon. :)

Congrats.

P.S. I got rid of my scale at home. It was driving me insane seeing my numbers go up so fast so I just decided to not worry so much and stick to eating well and keeping up with my exercise plan and let my body do whatever it needs to do. Stress level is vastly improved, and I seem to be functioning much better than before too.
  • starfairy411
    starfairy411 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    37 weeks pregnant and up 40lbs... I only gained 28 with my son (all of which was after the 1/2 point). I am at the same weight right now as I was when I had him though since I started lighter. I figure that is where my body needed/wanted to go because I've stayed at this weight for the last few weeks!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm officially up 21.5lbs @ 23 weeks!! I am starting to accept it more. I was thinking before I got pregnant I was maintaining which was close to 2000 calories and my weight stayed stable. I am now eating 250 more and it just keeps going, so I guess my body and baby just need it? You just can't make sense of calories and weight gain when you're pregnant :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Now I'm up 30lbs at 30weeks.

What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Following strict GD diet and exercising at least 4 days per week. Baby is average size. Doctor says I'm just "one of those women that gains" and it's probably a bunch of extra fluid because I'm taller. Still super frustrating.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    14wk2days and gained 8lbs!! ughh... I doubt I can stay under my 35lb goal. I still exercise and track food, not sure what more I can do
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I'm officially up 21.5lbs @ 23 weeks!! I am starting to accept it more. I was thinking before I got pregnant I was maintaining which was close to 2000 calories and my weight stayed stable. I am now eating 250 more and it just keeps going, so I guess my body and baby just need it? You just can't make sense of calories and weight gain when you're pregnant :)

You've gained 21.5 lbs of awesome! :) Don't worry babe! You're doing so great!

P.S. As of this morning, I'm up 12 lbs and only 10 weeks.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My goal is 11-20lbs, pre pregnancy weight was at 180lbs and I am 5'4", BMI @35%. So far I have been doing good. I'm working out and watching what I eat (not counting calories) and drinking tons of water. Today I am 19 weeks pregnant and have only gain 5lbs, I'm hoping to gain 1-2 lbs more in this trimester because I know that in the third it is going to be hard to control.
  • nicolenoel
    nicolenoel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    27w5d and up 20.5 lbs. =/ I was hoping to stay below 25 lbs this time but that is looking slim.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 weeks and 1 day. I'm up by 9-10 pounds. OMG, I feel as though I'm gaining way too quickly for the first trimester, isn't the bulk of the weight supposed to come on in the second and third trimester?! EEEEEEeeeek!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I'm 11 weeks and 1 day. I'm up by 9-10 pounds. OMG, I feel as though I'm gaining way too quickly for the first trimester, isn't the bulk of the weight supposed to come on in the second and third trimester?! EEEEEEeeeek!

I'm 10 weeks and up 12 lbs, and my doctor said it's fine as long as there's no swelling in my hands or feet. Some people just gain more early than others.
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, I'm now 32 weeks, and I'm up 28 pounds (yikes). Doctor wants me to stay at/below 35 pounds total.

So I've gotta realyl start trying to control my heavy carb/junk eating... easier said than done. I do still workout almost daily though.
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have gained 6 lbs and I am 13wk3days. More than what I wanted in the first trimester, but oh well. I see what I eat and it's not good. I stopped tracking because nothing that was good for me sounded good EVER. I still watch what I can when I can and make good choices when my body, mind, and appetite allow me to. I do still walk/jog or workout usually 5 days a week.
  • melaniehg
    melaniehg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I maintained my weight for the entire first trimester - was working out in the beginning but around 8 weeks my doctor said no more activity till 2nd trimester. That was tough because I am used to being active - running, going to gym etc. So now I am 21 weeks and have gained about 10 lbs. Gained all of that during the 2nd trimester. I've been working out more the last few weeks so hoping to keep the weight gain to minimum for the rest of the 2nd trimester since my doctor said most weight gain happens in the 3rd.

I am 40 and this is my first baby so not sure how I'll bounce back from this but have been very active the last 8 years - running and staying fit so hoping that helps!

So glad I found this group - my husband doesn't understand my concerns about gaining weight.