Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• xSinfulUndeadx
    Options
    Hey, I'm Bri. I'm 21. I'm married and a Criminal justice college major in college. Well I'd like to lose some weight and get toner. I play Xbox 360. That's it. Lol. I love shooters, Horror/survival, and RPG games. Some of my favorites are the Gears of war franchise, Dead space franchise, Resident evil franchise, Skyrim, Borderlands, Dead rising, Dead island, Fable 3, Doom, ect. Btw, I love zombies. Lol. Oh and NO I hate Call of duty. Sorry I prefer killing locusts and necromorphs. Here is my gamer tag: xSinfulUndeadx. Add me if you want. I'm like obsessed with Reaident evil: Operation raccoon city so if you play that or Gears hit me up.
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey, Hey! I'm Jeremy, and I am 32. Video games have been a huge part of my life since I was little kid. I grew up in the age of the 8-bit Nintendo, and I was completely brainwashed by the marketing campaign. I had my Nintendo cereal, comics, and enjoy nice hot Mario-themed bubble baths.

Lately, I have been playing tons of Xbox 360. Currently taking most of my free time is Dance Central 2, Skyrim, Magic 2013, and Lips. Left 4 Dead is another favorite, and I am currently lusting after the new DLC.

As you have probably guessed having such a sedentary addiction from an early age has left me with quite a few pounds to lose. I have just recently started P90x, and I am excited to see if I can make it through the entire program. Currently looking for friends to help keep each other motivated, and maybe blast some zombies online. Feel free to add me.
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am Toni
    26 Years old

I am on my hopefully final weight loss journey. Down almost 15 lbs and still have about 30 to go but I am determined this time. I love a lot of different games but Bioshock, Lollipop chainsaw, god of war and NFS games are a few that I love to play. Honestly I suck at gaming but I don't care I love to do it. Glad I found this group :)
  • turtlepowers
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

My name is Cynthia and I'm a video game addict. I'm 41 and a little squishy around the middle. I'd like to use my xbox for good and maybe exercise but i'm just too lazy!

I'll play just about anything. I'm a Xbox and WoW junkie. I love shooters, JRPGs, action games, MMOs, what ever. I've been playing video games my whole life. I used to play a fair amount of D&D years ago but never tried to LARP. I also have a pretty sweet yoshi tattoo.

I need to lose about 13 -15 lbs to fit back into my clothes. I haven't lost any weight yet but I'm motivated. Maybe if I took a few more walks on the beach instead of another WoW battleground or JUST ONE MORE ACHIEVEMENT I SWEAR on the xbox, my butt would be a little smaller :D
  • sgtfubar
    sgtfubar Posts: 6
    Options
    Who are you!
    I'm Wayne, 28/M computer nerd from North Carolina. I'm 6'5'' 460lbs. I have lymphedema in my left leg, and very severe sleep apnea with an AHI of 172. I recently got CPAP and will begin treatment. The idea is that getting some actual sleep will facilitate weight loss by having energy to actually do something.

RP? I did a bit of RP in some zombie fiction message boards. I've also played a tiny bit of DnD, but not really a big fan. I am writing a contemporary sci-fi novel. I started creative writing through RP'ing.

LARP? Nope. No interest in larping.

What are your weightloss goals?! Extreme. I want to lose between 100-200 lbs. Life changing stuff.

How many pounds have you lost? I just started, so none.

Walk on the Beach? I love the beach.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Melissa. I've been on MFP for a year and a half... I've lost all my weight and reached my goal of 125-120, but then i've put back on 10 pounds, and now I am sitting at a steady weight of 130ish. So, now I am attempting to get back on track and get back down to my goal :)

I am a huge gamer- currently own a ps3, w/ move. xbox360 w/ kinect and i've held on to my N64 (it was my favorite system when I was yonger and I can NOT get rid of it ha ha) i still play it too every now and then. I even have my old game boys... the original brick one, and the first gameboy color that came out ha ha. I love the old games, just as much as the new ones.

Right now i'm going hard on KillZone 3

Edit:
    Oh yeah - beach?? no thanks. not much for the sand
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Who are you! - Destiny is my name. Yes, it's my real name.
    Age? 25
    Female or male? Female, mostly
    RP? Yes, in more ways than one
    LARP? Nah.
    What are your weight loss goals?! 40 lbs or my HS body. whichever comes first
    How many pounds have you lost? 5
    Walk on the Beach? Beaches are for swimming damn it! And bonfires.

NES SNES = my gaming loves. PLATFORMERS RULE

PS, PS2, PS3 are my next gaming loves. The original (top down atari-esque ca 1998) GTA changed my life. Also Tomb Raider 2. Also Red Dead Redemption. Also Skyrim.

I'll admit I've fallen off the gaming lately but I still and always will love it.
  • aduck23
    aduck23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hai, my name is sarah, I'm 19, female. I had to double check. I dunno how long i've been on MFP but I love it. Rn I'm 159 lbs. Hoping to drop to a healthy ideal weight~
    I _love_ video games. I've been gaming all my life. I love playing some rpgs, turn based rpgs, some fps, some platformers. Long walks on the beach pl0x. Grew up on nintendo, but I've managed to get a hold of a ps3 and I am in love with it. Can I marry it?
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah, 32, female...weight loss goal of about 100 pounds (was exactly 100 when I got here, but I've lost a few now!)

I am working to lose weight with my husband, who's not on MFP but is a gamer extraordinare. I don't RP or LARP, I just play a few computer games. I used to love playing games like Civilization and the Sims, and then met my one true love, Oblivion. I played that one for years and haven't picked up another game to that extent since (not even Skyrim). I do play WOW now, I've been playing for a few months.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I’m Britt. 26, 5’3.5” tall (that half inch is important, I come from a family of 5’11”+ people and need all the help in height I can get!!) and currently I’m sitting at about 35lbs over my goal weight. I’ve lost 25 pounds so far and haven’t been this weight or fitness level since I was 17. I’m in college training to be a nurse.

I did pen and paper D&D with friends for a while but I never really enjoyed it. Those same friends tried to convince me to LARP but I dug in my heels and refused – if I had to do the pen and paper deal, there was no way I would be caught dead swinging my foam bat at another human’s head. I believe in pixilated or imaginary smiting only.

Speaking of imaginary smiting, I’m a recovering WoW addict. I spent 5-18 hours a day playing from the January after launch until 4 months ago. I raided 5-7 days a week for 2-8 hours a night and in my ‘spare time’ I farmed materials and achievement points, leveled 50+ characters to max level, and deleted/restarted maxed out and geared characters just for the fun of it. I was pretty heartbroken when the guild master and majority of the officers and raid leaders in my guild got sucked away from the game and it fell apart last summer. I played for about 8 months after that, trying to keep the guild together (I was the most senior ranking person who stayed) but typical to real life and my gaming one – I am not cut out to be the person in charge. I love the responsibility but I couldn’t keep people around who were only there for the awesome group of people. Without our friends, it just wasn’t worth it anymore.

I don’t game very much anymore. I still play Mario Brothers on the Wii, and have a DS I still cart around when I’m walking somewhere just so I’m not bored. I play D3 an hour or two a week if I visit my mom’s house. For me, gaming is a social event. If I don’t have a group of friends interested in playing, I really don’t spend much time at it.
  • BlackShadow201
    Options
    I'm David. 30 year old male. I'm somewhere between 6'2" and 6'3". Currently at 216 lbs. and trying to get down to 190 lbs.

I'm a huge PC gamer. I played a WoW for 7 years straight until taking my first ever break for Diablo 3. I also love playing Starcraft 2. Very excited for the Skyrim expansion.

If anyone is ever interested, I stream a lot of my gaming here:

Back in college I played D&D 3rd ed, but now that I'm married and have kids it is hard to find time for it.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Thank you Gnome for the invite to this group... I except.

My name is Jeff... aka..jaccbyer on MFP and on Gametap and on Myst Online (have not been there as much as I would like though)and On Origin I go by jac2000. So I am 39 (just had a birthday this month), 5'10", 194 lbs (Yeesss) down from 240 lbs from April 2011. I pretty much hit the weight range I want now just trying to increase the fitness and toning. I have the Nintendo Wii and EA Sports Active 2 to thank for my current weight and fitness which feels so great. Also working with the C25K program. I am at the end of Week 4 tomorrow.

I think I have been playing video games since I was born... LOL. Started with Atari 2600 (still have one), then 7800 (still have one). Commodore 64. Have played some on pretty much all consoles.

I am big PC gamer. Have spent most of my time playing the Doom Series, Deus Ex Series, Myst Series, Splinter Cell, Hitman, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider, I think that covers most of them. I am currently playing Deus Ex Human Revelution on the PC.

Have not LARPd, have played some RP games, but mostly into FPSers.

Also for the fitness side of things I am currently using the EA Sports Active 2 program (Wii). Also trying to keep the Group on MFP alive and kicking come find us and join if you wish.
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My name's Laurie and I'm 27 yr old woman from Surrey in the UK.

I've been into gaming since I was 10 years old and saw my friend's brother playing Tomb Raider and have been an obsessed fan of the series ever since... so much so I got myself a boyfriend who works for the publishers of the game! :devil:

I've gone through periods of my life growing up where I've been inspired by Lara Croft in being more active, such as taking gymnastics, kick boxing and yoga. My current activity though is pole dancing which I have to admit is the longest I've actually stayed interested in something so physically demanding, but it's probably the one that's brought me the closest to having a figure like Lara lol! :ohwell:

Before becoming the obsessed Tomb Raider fan, I played Sega Mega Drive and Nintendo gameboy, but only casually.

Other games I love are Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Uncharted and Sims.

In terms of MFP, I've been a member for a month after I bit the bullet and weighed myself for the first time in months and found that I was 4lbs away from being the heaviest I was last year when I started the Dukan Diet... clearly it didn't work! :cry:

I was 161lbs (I'm 5"7) and 4 weeks later, I am 156. The lightest I got on the Dukan was 145lbs so that is my goal, but if I can go beyond that, I would love it! :bigsmile:
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

Helena / Suzanna (tend to be known online as Suzanna), female, 44, automotive engineer, working in the automotive field. Dutch by birth, I have lived in the UK and Italy. I am currently living in Germany.

I did a LOT of SIMming ( Email RPG, ie writing short stories) in the Star Trek environment. I have played some STO but lost interest after about 6 months. December 2010, a trekkie friend finally convinced me to try LOTRO and I've been hooked since. I don't RP as much there, find it hard to get into that mind set in that environment, but LOVE the game. I play on Landroval.

I had weight loss surgery in August 2010, and I have lost 100 lbs since. I have another 70-100 lbs to go. I need to see how I feel when I get close to that amount. I have been sort of stuck for the last 10 months, but not gained either. Health issues didn't help me there.

Would LOVE to walk on the beach, live too far away from it nowadays.
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen, I'm a bio and spanish major from PA.
    19 years old.
    Female
    I play rs, LOL and other games.
    Lose 35 lbs.
    Not sure, I don't use a scale because I don't believe tracking it everyday is encouraging.
    Walk on the Beach? Yes
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm Chris, I am 6'3", 212lbs trying to get to 190, and I am a psychobiology major (pre-med) at the University of New Mexico.
    I am 20.
    Male
    I guess I do a combo of RP and LARP lol I am a WWII and Roman historical reenactor
    I want to get to 190 then start a clean bulk/cut cycle
    I've lost 6.6lbs so far this month
    No beaches in New Mexico but I like the water when I am near it!
  • djphranq
    djphranq Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello I'm Frank. 33. I'm 5' 7". Between 211 to 218 lbs. I work for the Phone company.

I mostly play video and computer games but I also play tabletop games like miniatures and boardgames.

Video/computer Games that I play are Mass Effect 1, Eve: Online, Civ 5, Diablo 3, or random stuff in my Steam library... I am sooo backlogged with games I want to play: stuff from the COD series... The Gears of War series... The Dragon Age series... the list goes on and on.

Tabletop games I play include Warhammer 40,000, Warmachine, Hordes, Star Wars Miniatures, Settlers of Catan, Agricola, and MtG (actually I mostly play that online now). I've played DnD once during 3.5 and would really like to get into more pen and paper RPGs like Pathfinder or Shadowrun. I don't play as much as I used to... I'm mostly just working on my miniatures now a days.

I read a mix of scifi and fantasy. Some of my favorite authors are Karen Traviss, Larry Niven, Stephen King, and Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm more a Star Wars fan than I am a Star Trek fan. My favorite series I would have to say is the 'Anita Blake' stuff by Laurell K. Hamilton.

I'm a sucker for videogame soundtracks... sometimes I'll get Collector's Editions of games just for that reason. My favorite game soundtrack is from 'Bastion'. Aside from game soundtracks I like stuff like Feist, Kimya Dawson, Shivaree, Billy the Kid (the Canadian musician), Weezer, and Cake.

My favorite movie is Brazil. I'm also a sucker for Karl Urban, Jason Stathem, Vin Diesel, and Sam Worthington movies.

I don't watch much TV except maybe Sports. The last series that I got into was 'Smash' I'm actually looking forward to the next season. I love Firefly but my all time favorite series would have to be the X-Files.

My 'surfing' rotation goes Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Yahoo, DakkaDakka, then back to Gmail... actually I'm taking a break from Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr... now my rotation goes Gmail, MyFitnessPal, DakkaDakka, yahoo...rinse and repeat.
    I had a goal to lose 20 lbs by the end of this summer (to a weight of 200lbs) but I don't seem to be making much progress. My ticker says I've lost 11 lbs but I find my weight has been fluctuating a lot... I'll be 213 one day then 218 the next.
  • jaywalker2309
    Options
    Hullo there, Im Jay . am 35, 36 soon.. im 5'7.5 (that .5 is important!) i am just over 182lbs currently. I work for a very large computer games company.

I play most types of games, but usually dont get chance to play the ones i work on as just too busy :)

I dont do any RP or LARP (brain had to think for a few seconds what they stand for heh)

I have been as much as 240lbs, but as low as 147lbs in Feb 2010. Back up to 181 now.. so would like to lose some so midway between my lowest and now.

Feel free to add me :)
  • GangsterKim50
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm 22, 6'1", 162lbs and 100% nerd!! I love RPGs mostly. I spend pretty much my entire weekend playing Gears of War 3 on Xbox (gamertag GangsterKim50 if you wanna play sometime!! :tongue:) Feel free to add me as your friend!! The more the merrier!! :drinker:

Edit: I'm down from 230lbs at my heaviest.
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Tom, 59 yesterday, UK.

I am a DM on The World of Avlis. I play WoW a lot. Also, STO, EVE, Sims3, TradeNations on iPad, etc.

Currently at 216 pounds from 251 - heading towards 184 I hope. Been fighting to lose weight since I ended up in hospital in February (Gallbladder problem - still awaiting an op to remove that). Five months and over halfway there.

On holiday from work this week and next - so lots of WoW. My Human Warlock is now at 45. Lots of characters, spread over several realms. Highest ever is a Blood Elf Death Knight at 80. Also have a Worgen Druid at 60 and a Worgen Rogue at 64.

Also have several characters maxed out on STO - one Federation and two Klingon so far.

Disappointed not to be able to play GW2 - it doesn't run on a Mac yet.