Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• dsuppa1997
    dsuppa1997 Posts: 86
    Options
    Just started, this week I'm familiarizing myself with a couple of the videos before I start my real week 1 next week, so far Ive done Cardio X, Core Synergistics tonight is Shoulders/Arms and tomorrow is Yoga. Taking Saturday off before I start my hybrid classic/lean schedule

Day 1 - Chest/Back, Abs
    Day 2 - Cardio X
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 4 - Yoga X
    Day 5 - Legs & Back/Abs
    Day 6 - Core Synergistics
    Day 7 - Rest/Stretch

Does that seem good or am I missing out with the lack of Kenpo and Plyo?
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I wouldn't say you are missing out with Kenpo to be honest, it's a good workout, but I would rather do Cardio X or Core Synergistics haha! I would try to incorporate Plyo somewhere in there if you can, whether you switch a work out or add it in. Because I always burn the most with that. But that schedule looks good also.
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    I wouldn't say you are missing out with Kenpo to be honest, it's a good workout, but I would rather do Cardio X or Core Synergistics haha! I would try to incorporate Plyo somewhere in there if you can, whether you switch a work out or add it in. Because I always burn the most with that. But that schedule looks good also.

I love Kenpo, that one is my favorite by far :)
  • kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    Have Yoga X tonight and it something I struggle with! 90 minutes of Yoga is a killer!!! But hoping to pass the 30 minute mark I did last week. Maybe throw in some Cardio X with it
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    I think Yoga X gets easier after the first half hour, IMO... after the first half hour, which is all different variations of downward dog and warrior poses, you do some of the more interesting, balance based moves...

try to get through it this time! I know the time it takes is a downer, but i really did feel better afterwards
  • znm100
    Options
    that being said, i'm going t o do my yoga now... ugh!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Tried to exercise but its too painful. Will catch up tomorrow. Meh.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Yeah, yoga is easy for the first 30 minutes or so, after about 45 minutes it gets realy tough with the different balance moves. After about 2 months i was finally able to do the crane for about 5-7 seconds haha!

I love the feeling after yoga though, I always feel so good and sometimes I put a movie on to entertain me while I workout haha!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just started, this week I'm familiarizing myself with a couple of the videos before I start my real week 1 next week, so far Ive done Cardio X, Core Synergistics tonight is Shoulders/Arms and tomorrow is Yoga. Taking Saturday off before I start my hybrid classic/lean schedule

Day 1 - Chest/Back, Abs
    Day 2 - Cardio X
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 4 - Yoga X
    Day 5 - Legs & Back/Abs
    Day 7 - Rest/Stretch

Overall Kempo and Plyo is going to give you a lot more bang for your buck than Cardiox I don't feel Cardiox remotely compares to the other two.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    So today is Yoga, may skip the yoga and do Core synergetics tonight. Haven't done that one in a while!
    I found out Tuesday I lost another lb in 1 week, can you say suprised!!! seems like I'm dropping lbs by the week and I am LOVING it! Being in my 2nd Round of P90X has made me feel 10x better than the firs round and I'm so much stronger and motivated!
    Busting butt to get the body I deserve!! Heck yeah... Lets do the dang thing!! Kim :)

Yeah, I am not looking forward to Yoga today... It is hard as hell, but I do feel good afterwards... I just wish it wasn't so damn long!

I feel the same, Yoga is TOO long but I am always thankful afterwards that I stuck it out and did the whole hour and 1/2 because it really does your body good, all that stretching feels wonderful.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Just started my journey 2 days ago...looking forward to it.

Welcome John, I'm only in week 2. I love it!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Yeah, yoga is easy for the first 30 minutes or so, after about 45 minutes it gets realy tough with the different balance moves. After about 2 months i was finally able to do the crane for about 5-7 seconds haha!

I love the feeling after yoga though, I always feel so good and sometimes I put a movie on to entertain me while I workout haha!

Too many downward dogs for me. I'm always happy when we finally move on to the balance moves, I have yoga tomorrow. Uggh! I cannot do crane, or Plough.
  • dsuppa1997
    dsuppa1997 Posts: 86
    Options

Day 1 - Chest/Back, Abs
    Day 2 - Cardio X
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 4 - Yoga X
    Day 5 - Legs & Back/Abs
    Day 7 - Rest/Stretch

Overall Kempo and Plyo is going to give you a lot more bang for your buck than Cardiox I don't feel Cardiox remotely compares to the other two.

Thanks I'll try them both out and see what I like the best.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    As tough as yoga is, I feel that it is crucial to this program. I had never done yoga before, but when I started with p90x I had more balance than ever and felt that my overall performance improved because of it.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    After reading some comments on here I decided to try ab ripper x on top of my regular workout last night- WOW!!!! That one where you sit up, then raise you legs as you go back down, then raise your body into a V......well that will take some time to master :O

I have decided to do classic version. I bought adjustable weights and a tension band for my doorway since a pull-up is currently out of the question. I am a runner so I feel good and strong when it comes to cardio. Now I want to work on re-shaping my body and gaining strength.

Monday cannot come soon enough!!! Can't wait to try on this beast!!
  • znm100
    Options
    As tough as yoga is, I feel that it is crucial to this program. I had never done yoga before, but when I started with p90x I had more balance than ever and felt that my overall performance improved because of it.

I completely agree... I think that, after this is all said and done, that Yoga will be one of my favorite workouts... i just finished, and I feel great... its so hard while you are doing it, but afterwards you feel so loose, its totally worth it...
  • znm100
    Options
    After reading some comments on here I decided to try ab ripper x on top of my regular workout last night- WOW!!!! That one where you sit up, then raise you legs as you go back down, then raise your body into a V......well that will take some time to master :O

I have decided to do classic version. I bought adjustable weights and a tension band for my doorway since a pull-up is currently out of the question. I am a runner so I feel good and strong when it comes to cardio. Now I want to work on re-shaping my body and gaining strength.

Yeah, Ab Ripper X is tough, right!? Some of those things are just crazy... my goal is just to do a little bit more with a little bit better form each time... hopefully by the end i'll be breezing through :)
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

Yeah, Ab Ripper X is tough, right!? Some of those things are just crazy... my goal is just to do a little bit more with a little bit better form each time... hopefully by the end i'll be breezing through :)

I do ab ripper at my own pace. I don't even turn on the disc, I do the first 4 exercises before I even play the disc, then while he and everyone else is doing in/outs, bicycle, cross leg etc. I am doing hip raisers, heels to heaven and Vups, then by then he's ready to do the fifer scissors, I do fifer scissors and then I'm on to oblique v ups, leg climbers and mason twists. By the time i am done, the group is just getting to leg climbers, then I just skip to the cool down. I feel less pressure that way and on days I'm not as strong, I still do all my reps just at a slower pace.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I know I need the yoga, I just have something against it. I dont know how I am going to get though it today.
    I think I might just run this afternoon and do yoga after dinner.
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just started today with P90x - Chest and Back. I simply could not do the ab ripper X since I was wiped out. I think after doing this for a while, I will be able to complete both workouts.