Tracey's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Yummy! You might want to change the name of your thread to "Delicious food alert! Enter at your own risk" Lol :smiley:

This! Please! :tongue:
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great result! Looking at the trend really takes away some of the angst of the scale weights...
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Today's meal. We had a dinner sale after church and boy was it delicious. This meal was eaten around 2:00pm

fxm89kwegd8g.jpg
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your splurging!!!! I wont smell it I will just breathe in your delight! hahah
  • tlblanksfit
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had another splurge day today. Unlike Saturday's splurge day, this was more like a pig out day. We took the children to Kings Dominion Theme Park today. The day started with a lunch meal at chik fil a meal on the way to Kings Dominion.

99fxuhnczypl.jpg

I felt pretty good about this meal, (Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich and Superfood Side) but then it went down hill from there. At the park I shared a smoked turkey leg with my husband, that was followed by a funnel cake with strawberries and whipped cream, before leaving the park I had a strawberry and creme frappucino from Starbuck's.

After getting back to my brother in law's, I had some ox tails with rice and gravy with some lima beans, some lemon pound cake and cookies and cream ice cream and another small bowl of ox tails with rice, gravy and lima beans.

Not sure what came over me today. It may have been the heat and all the walking at the park, but that was today and tomorrow although it is the official holiday should be a normal day and my return back to OMAD and my regularly scheduled program. I was unable to weigh myself this morning and will not be able to weigh in the morning since I am not at home, but I will weigh myself on Wednesday morning and pray I did not do too much damage.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well...you know how to get back on track!!! I am sure it all went well and you enjoyed!!! Its great having resources to shift things when we need to.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You're right, Tracey, "tomorrow is a new day"! I didn't have any splurges, per se, but I did go off track a bit for a couple of days. Like you, don't know what got into me! Hope I can undo some of the damage before Friday's weigh-in. If I show a gain, I shall accept it and move on. :-D
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Hope everyone had happy 4th of July Celebrations. I stuck to OMAD today. Here is today's meal. I am back at home and will be able to weigh myself in the morning. Praying I did not do too much damage, but in any case, it is nothing a few days back on plan can't fix.

pz9acnauvovm.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I had "everything" today. Two meals that were more like prolonged, leisurely snacks. Happy 4th!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I had my fair share also. I smoke some pork loins and they were goooood!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I was definitely not pleased with my weight this morning. My splurges cost me a 1.6 pound gain from my Sunday weigh in and trendweight added the three weeks back on to my goal achievement date. I don't think splurge days are good for everyone or maybe it is the foods you choose to eat on your splurge. I tend to eat more carb heavy foods on my splurge days and they always do me in. I like how trendweight projects weights if you are unable to enter them. Monday and Tuesdays weights are Trendweight inputs.

vx7l10k7ncem.png

• wsandy8512
    Options
    I think I'll be right there with you as far as a gain this week. I had an uncontrolled, unplanned splurge last night. Ugh. But, we've got this!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Your line is still trending down, so it's all good...

I don't think splurge days are good for fast weight loss, no.

But I think it's the guilt that is more the problem than the actual splurge. It's a trade off between letting go a bit and losing faster.

If having a splurge every once in a while is good for your mental health in terms of hanging out with family and not having to watch every morsel you put in your mouth, then they are good. If we could just let go of the guilt that goes along with it, then we'd probably be fine! Sometimes I think the need to be perfect when I'm dieting (straight line down with no upticks) is what got me here in the first place!

As long as you get right back on the plan, there's no problem.

Not sure if I managed to explain that very well but hopefully you get my drift! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    1.6 is not bad at all, its just water weight and it will come back off :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Your line is still trending down, so it's all good...

I don't think splurge days are good for fast weight loss, no.

But I think it's the guilt that is more the problem than the actual splurge. It's a trade off between letting go a bit and losing faster.

If having a splurge every once in a while is good for your mental health in terms of hanging out with family and not having to watch every morsel you put in your mouth, then they are good. If we could just let go of the guilt that goes along with it, then we'd probably be fine! Sometimes I think the need to be perfect when I'm dieting (straight line down with no upticks) is what got me here in the first place!

As long as you get right back on the plan, there's no problem.

Not sure if I managed to explain that very well but hopefully you get my drift! :)

My problem is I don't think I ever feel guilty! I just think, well I must have needed that or well I blew it today, I will get back at it tomorrow. I seriously don't believe I've ever had much guilt due to eating which may have to do with me trying to gain weight as a skinny kid. I think your on the right track, don't feel guilty unless your just giving up total. A day splurge here or there will slow you down but by no means will it de-rail you. It will not take 3-more weeks, I bet two days on OMAD and you will be back where you started. You are storing water to support the extra glycogen in you and also you have more food weight in the guts. In two days of OMAD that will be gone and you will be back to about normal. I would be interested to see if that happens. That has been my experience.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I am just going to keep my splurge days for special occasions for now. I love OMAD that it is so easy to get back to. You just eat one meal without the stress of what to and what not to eat. Fix one plate and eat it and that is it. Here is a picture of tonight's meal. I did not drink the smoothie though.

spumjkba799h.jpg
    Cauliflower rice, oxtails, fordhook beans, broccoli, corn bread, sweet potato pie, and 5 flavor pound cake.

I walked 10 miles/28K steps today and burned a good amount of calories so I don't feel bad about the desserts in this meal.

• tlblanksfit
    Options
    I thought I would have some loss today, but the scale weight stayed the same (165.4 pounds) and my body fat went UP 0.1% (29.9%). Trendweight is even being not so nice to me. My trendweight was UP 0.1 pounds (164.8 pounds) and my date for reaching my goal is now out to December. It is amazing how so much progress can be undone by one or two off plan days. I definitely need to reduce my carb intake and just keep on keeping on with the OMAD lifestyle.

blmv80tlery9.png

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Tracey, your meal looks fantastic! And I'm fixing to get after you now... you are consistently averaging a 1.4 pound a week loss! That is wonderful! Sweetie, you are now smaller than when you first started, the weight isn't going to seemingly fall off you in large amounts like it did at first--if it did--it's normal and GOOD that it is falling off slower and regularly. It means you don't need to take drastic measures like cutting out food groups or cutting calories further. You're eating now how you want to eat when you've reached your goal. Do you know how many people would love to say that? Do you know how many people would keep the weight off after reaching goal if they ate now how they will eat for the rest of their lives? Being happy and satisfied and feeling awesome eating all the lovely meals you are eating now? Everyone who lost weight would be a success story, but the majority aren't because they are miserable while getting to goal. Many won't make it, some will and of those, most will regain the weight. Just my not so humble opinion, but I don't think you should change a damn thing except maybe cut down on splurges. ;-)
  • tlblanksfit
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I changed my goal weight to 150 pounds from 135 pounds for now. It seems to be a challenge for me to just get out of the 160s so I figured a short term goal would be better for me mentally. Once I reach that goal then I will work my way down to my ultimate goal if I need to even go that low. Trendweight has me reaching this short term goal by 17 September which is the day after my birthday; However, I hope to reach it before my birthday.

Here is my new trendweight report with my new short term goal. I hope to see that goal date continue to decrease.

v21rgnprlm5a.png
  • tlblanksfit
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello Sandy, you are so right. I do enjoy my meals, I just got hit hard looking at the upward tick on my Trending weight (it looks so big although it is just a measly two tenths of a pound). When the weight on the scale was going up and trendweight was still going down, I was fine, but now that my trending weight is going up as well, I felt that I need to make some modifications. I will definitely minimize the splurges.