Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Below is my picture of last night's meal. Today is a no eating day so I will be drinking lots of water today. My calves are still really sore from Monday's spin class.

af5onwo1sf44.jpg
    Subway club with bacon sandwich and half of a veggie delight salad 3 thin mint cookies
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    My calves are still really sore from Monday's spin class.
    I used to be a spin/RPM class addict... I miss it. I moved about 5 years ago and there are no gyms around that do decent spin classes that are at good times for me... (Pesky job screwing with my leisure time!)

• minigrrll
    Options
    Great loss for the month too - very impressive how quickly you are losing as you're getting closer to your goal.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Opted not to do the extended fast today. Below is tonight's meal - Chinese food.

9zsr9yb1ek6t.jpg

- Tracey
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh Yum Subway and Chinese :p
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Well I am not a happy camper this morning. :s Two days in a row my scale has shown a gain. I don't know what to say I know in my mind I have not eaten enough calories in two days to gain nearly 3 pounds but looking at it on the scale is very disheartening. I was so looking forward to meeting my June goal of getting into the 150's but now with one week left in the month and me being now at 166 pounds, I do not know if I will be able to make it. I am thinking I will use a smaller plate for my meals and add a smoothie and see how that goes. I am just not happy right now, but I will snap out of it today of course and be ready to take on these six pounds, I do have a week to go you know. I have posted pictures of all of my meals so if you see anything that could be hindering my progress, please let me know and make any suggestions that you think will help. You all are so great and I am grateful to be a part of this OMAD community. Wow that didn't take long at all. I am ready to take on the day and take off this weight. Happy Friday to all.

- Tracey
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ((((Tracey))))), I know how disheartening things like this can be. When I saw your very delicious meal last from last night, the Chinese food, I had a feeling inside that you would show a gain today. Chinese foods are very, very high in salt--plus you ate Subway the night before and even their smaller subs are salt laden. Even if you ate at or below your calories, it usually causes a weight gain due to the high salt content. The same thing happened to me when I ate Chinese food at a restaurant on a Monday and ate out on Tuesday as well, and my weigh-in was on a Friday. I gained like +2.2 pounds of water weight that took several days to rid. In fact, it was my first week on OMAD, lol. I couldn't even eat much more than 400-600 cals the first week. Thankfully, by the time my official weigh-in came around on Friday, I was down by -.4. But you had your sodium laden food the two days in a row before weigh-in. BTW, remember Mexican food with tortilla chips (I had Totstitos Hint of lime) and margarita splurge I had last Friday? I was like 191, a gain of +4, Saturday-Monday! That weight was gone by Tuesday morning. I don't weigh in until a couple of more hours, but I know that according to my daily weigh-ins, I'm super good! :-)

Try not to be down (I know, easier said than done), you've been doing so great! In a few days that water weight will be history and you'll have that gone, plus more, by next Friday!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thanks Sandy,

My official weigh in is not until Sunday, so I still have time and I may be able to pull of a small loss for the week. I definitely have to be aware of the salt in my diet and the carbs as well. I do better on lower carbs but I am trying not to go too low on them them since on OMAD I "shouldn't" have to. Some adjustments do need to be made and I am not sure what yet. I have some thoughts, but I am going to finish out this week with my OMAD at 6:00pm and see where I am come Sunday.

- Tracey
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Sandy,

You were right about the sodium. I just went and added sodium as a nutrient to check on my food diary and the sodium in my subway sandwich by itself was 3,550 mg. MFP has my sodium goal set at 2300 mg so I have found my culprit. Must drink more water to flush out the salt.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Yes, ma'am, that extra salt will get me every single time, I swear. lol

There is nothing wrong with doing low carb, or keto, or fasting, or whatever else anyone wants to do for their OMAD. I think it's just important we do what's best and makes us feel good. :-)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Well I am not a happy camper this morning. :s Two days in a row my scale has shown a gain. I don't know what to say I know in my mind I have not eaten enough calories in two days to gain nearly 3 pounds but looking at it on the scale is very disheartening. I was so looking forward to meeting my June goal of getting into the 150's but now with one week left in the month and me being now at 166 pounds, I do not know if I will be able to make it. I am thinking I will use a smaller plate for my meals and add a smoothie and see how that goes. I am just not happy right now, but I will snap out of it today of course and be ready to take on these six pounds, I do have a week to go you know. I have posted pictures of all of my meals so if you see anything that could be hindering my progress, please let me know and make any suggestions that you think will help. You all are so great and I am grateful to be a part of this OMAD community. Wow that didn't take long at all. I am ready to take on the day and take off this weight. Happy Friday to all.

- Tracey

Don't overreact! 3-lbs would take more than 3x3500 = 10500 calsories over TDEE to gain. Did you eat 10,500 kcals more than your TDEE in that time-frame? Of course not! You have food and water weight in you and that is all. Just relax a wait a couple of days and don't react in a radical way that could cause other problems! Give it a few days being diligent like you have been and it will disappear. Good luck.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Tonight's meal.

s9tepczl5pei.jpg
    Marinated Salmon, Sausage, tomato, bacon, onion, and cheese three egg omelet, and coconut sweet bread.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Tonight's meal. Tomorrow is a no eating day and then Monday will start my new meal schedule

4wg5rtgttgxt.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Your meals look great and I am looking forward to seeing how your new plan for OMAD goes for you. :-)
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Today ended up being an OMAD day instead of a no eating day. Hubby wanted to go out to eat with some of the church members after church so I opted to forgo my no eating day to eat and fellowship. We went to Golden Corral. I will either make tomorrow a no eating day and start my new schedule on Tuesday with a breakfast meal or eat my meal at 6:00 pm and make Tuesday my no eating Day and start my new schedule with a breakfast meal on Wednesday. Below is my meal for today.

3r1gjvsqpf38.jpg

Today was official weigh day and I ended the week with a 1 pound gain. This is the first week since starting OMAD that I did not have a loss. You will have good weeks and you will have bad weeks I know. Hopefully the bad weeks will be few and far between. I am ready to get this week behind me and move on to bigger and better losses for the weeks to come. Below is my weight loss chart.

kb95xczov5f9.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I looked again at my schedule and my plans for the weekend and have decided tomorrow will be a no eating day and I will start my new schedule on Tuesday with a breakfast meal.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    It's so helpful to see people make plans on how to overcome gains. I have no doubt you'll be good to go soon, and even though you gained, it's good some of the water weight came off. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thanks Sandy, I like keeping tabs on my weight by weighing daily so I can get an idea of how foods affect me and can deal with any issues (gains) as they arise. I am determined to get to my goal and be done with the yo-yo of losing and gaining and am happy I have found a WOE that will do that for me.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Looking at your average rate of loss over the weeks you are still doing awesome - even with a bit of a gain last weigh in... I think it's important to remember that the larger losses we see some weeks are almost as unlikely as the crazy gains that happen sometimes and it's the average that really matters.