Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    SANDY works her miracle again! Much appreciated Sandy.
    If you can't quite make out the words I can print them. All about becoming rich but still being loved as before.
    Yeah, I'm a romantic. Knocked out of me years ago, but it's back! Love a long lasting love story.

Anne
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have really nothing to share today. Did pick up groceries, cleaned more veggies, attended online church. Chatted online with friends.

I have a quite unhappy throat from sinus drainage. Didn’t sleep well last night as it was quite uncomfortable. So, I am tired and will grab my book and put on my jammies.

Nite. 🙋🏼‍♀️

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello again! That was indeed an amazing song and those videos of the Celtic women give me chills. Singing was part of my family get togethers along with dancing. Thank you Sandy and Anne. Just a little bit of heaven.

Buzz: the latest news has Nancy pulling everyone back to stop that post office reorganization. The great orange one will be pulling one stunt after another until Election Day. Deep breath! Have faith! Believe in good people! We will persevere!

I have looked in anxious curiosity at the people who steadfastly support the current administration. There seems to be two factions at work. A group of low life violent people who want power by associating with the movers and shakers. Another group of people who turn a blind eye to the criminal behavior of the orange one because they fear change and a loss of their dominant position. That is my armchair psychoanalysis when I think about the strangeness of our situation.

Lin: so sorry about the allergies. Rest and let us know how tomorrow looks. We are thinking of you.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Gawanne35 wrote: »
    SANDY works her miracle again! Much appreciated Sandy.
    If you can't quite make out the words I can print them. All about becoming rich but still being loved as before.
    Yeah, I'm a romantic. Knocked out of me years ago, but it's back! Love a long lasting love story.

Anne

I sought the lyrics this morning. As long as I was reading them I thought I would share.

I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls
    With vassals and serfs at my side,
    And of all who assembled within those walls
    That I was the hope and the pride.
    I had riches all too great to count
    And a high ancestral name.
    But I also dreamt which pleased me most
    That you loved me still the same,
    That you loved me
    You loved me still the same,
    That you loved me
    You loved me still the same.
    I dreamt that suitors sought my hand,
    That knights upon bended knee
    And with vows no maidens heart could withstand,
    They pledged their faith to me.
    And I dreamt that one of that noble host
    Came forth my hand to claim.
    But I also dreamt which charmed me most
    That you loved me still the same
    That you loved me
    You loved me still the same,
    That you loved me
    You loved me still the same.

• linder4866
    Options
    Morning teapot.

Wade

evwxch7g49nn.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Thank you LIN. Hope you woke up with a better throat. Sympathy sent. Take care of yourself,
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello, trips to the post office and library are on my schedule. Still not feeling great but I did hear the pollen counts are High for a number of weeds that cause me problems, coupled with the daily sinus issues, I understand why I am not feeling good.

I just wrote a long paragraph about things going on out there in this country and just deleted it. You all know but I will say it is getting more difficult to stay somewhere close to the rails. 😃😃

I did hear from friends yesterday. One couple is leaving today for a camping trip. And really looking forward to it. Another lady said, talk to you next week. Her son from Arizona made a surprise visit for a couple of days. She was ecstatic! Another friend was sharing videos of their dog swimming in the lake wherever they are staying.

There are my positive reports for the day.

Oh, and I am still picking a few tomatoes each day. 🍅🍅

Looking for life on the sunny side.

Hugs❤️❤️
    Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    vv8ufkb0if76.jpeg
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    I've just been in the front garden cutting back branches and weeding. I figure if I do this amount every morning in the relatively cool air we should be weed free and less jungly by November.

Jilly wouldn't agree with your "we are all connected" LIN. She bravely barked at all passing dogs until a chihuahua came to say hello and she ran behind me! I had her on a long leash but what a sissy! She thinks she's a small hairy human, not a dog, and it's all my fault!

And I am definitely NOT connected to the Orange bully!

I never thought I'd look forward to November with bated breath and some nervousness. Can't imagine another four years of the same!

Well, I'm about recovered and no longer perspiring (ladies don't sweat, uh!). So better toddle off and make a nice cool mid morning drink and refill Beans drink bowl.

Happy Monday, as Sandy says.
    Annie. 🌳🙃🌳🌳🐶🐕🌲

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    They say be careful what you wish for.... it was too hot these past few weeks so of course we were all thinking wouldn't it be nice if it cooled off. A silly thought in this part of the country because the one thing that does cool us is Atlantic weather piling in and at the moment I'm looking out my window at torrential rain!! I did manage a dry and quite pleasant 2 mile hike across the moors earlier so both pooches are now sleeping the afternoon away.

A call to my asbestos man (Paul) has sorted a visit next Tuesday when he will rip out the asbestos panels and expose who knows what. At least it will give me a better idea of what and who will be needed next to put this little cottage of mine back together.
    Another phone call, this time to a poultry breeder that I'm hoping will have some bantams for me to buy although there's a chance, what with lockdown, they haven't bothered this year. My 2 little grey girls need some company to perk them up.... just hope they don't decide to fight instead! I've left a message as no one was answering the phone.

This morning on our BBC breakfast show a recording of Dame Vera Lynn singing the song A New World in the Morning during the 70's was shown with lyrics so appropriate for today the thought is a recording should be reissued. She tended to be described as a singer of war songs when in fact they were songs of hope. Since we are into song lyrics at the moment I'll add my little bit...
    Everybody talks about a new world in the morning
    A new world in the morning so they say.
    I myself don't talk about a new world in the morning.
    A new world in the morning, that's today.

The Florie's flowers teapot is delightful Lin and my favourite so far! I would smile every time I made a cuppa. I love the We Are All Connected graphic too and note there isn't a human to be seen.... must be flying to Mars!!

Politics has almost done me in although our British version just leaves me sighing but I am grateful not to be living in Hong Kong, Belarus, Lebanon.... the list is endless.

The rain has eased but gloomy clouds are still drifting in off the Atlantic so time for a cuppa!

Happy Monday everyone. My cheerful thought is that at least I don't have to drive to the allotment this evening to water the parched earth!

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) (again) Movie night was great, it was BFG (big friendly giant). It was my favorite so far. We had pizza, my treat but I am really starting to think I cannot have dairy of any kind. I will leave it there. I even crawled into their new trampoline and did a few quick jumps hoping I wouldn't fall and break something. It was scary but fun.
    8023pw0r0az7.jpg
    Today is a day of rest since I woke early but managed to go back to sleep for a little longer.

Anne, I remember being told that as well, ladies do not sweat, not true but sounded good.

Lin, I will agree all animals are connected but as humans there are some I would rather not connect the dot. As far as the country, it is beyond words and don't even get me started on mail in votes which I am planning to do btw. I too, hope you are feeling better, I seem to have allergies this year and they bother me every morning.

Patsy, I really don't think there is an explanation for Trump supporters, they are blind to most of the facts. I am sorry to any sneakers whom I may have offended but it is my opinion only.

Jackie, Barbie and Buzz and whoever else I missed, have a wonderful day and please stay safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Whew! Yesterday and the day before was hot! Hot! hot! It appears all of California jumped in their cars and ran up north. There is an unending line of traffic. All with California license plates. I don’t blame them...Fire tornados? Terrifying.

Had lovely visits with our son and daughter. they are well but ready to take a test so we can get together. Our doctor here doesn’t recommend a social bubble for us oldies, unless we all are tested. Very cautious guy.

I too am sorry if I offended anyone with my political rant. My excuse is that it is part of my nature to worry about our country. Enough of that for now. I have laundry and bathrooms to clean. Stuffed bell peppers for dinner. I will stuff with a mixture onions, beans and tomatoes etc. and bread crumbs.. an instant pot recipe. It will be a bit of fussing around in the kitchen but I will sip my ice water and listen to hot music. Tina Turner..Al Green....
    Have a good one, dear ones!
    Patsy☘️
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Nothing earth-shattering going on. Usual walking and lots of texting / photos from our daughter. She and her husband & grandchildren rented a camper and spent the weekend at one of those Camp-Resorts for kids... Looked like they had a blast but sad to see all the “mask” pics at activity time. The entire family has been doing great thru all this – sticking together and doing what is required.

Tomorrow it photo editing and cardiologist appt. Lunch was delicious… Jean’s tomatoes and a neighbor dropped of some of her green peppers.

LUNCH: Organic Alfalfa Sprouts, arugula blend baby lettuce & greens, Fresh Mushrooms, Organic - Fully Cooked Uncured Turkey Bacon slice, Radish, Celery, Red Onion, "Jean" Garden Tomato, Green pepper from neighbor, Banana Peppers, Maria - artichokes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, Balsamic Spray, and Parsley Flakes. It’s a beautiful thing!

ygbz85nz0k87.jpg

Linn – at least getting to church is so much easier. LOL – Can always re-play ha ha . I can see you sipping tea from the “King of Arts.” Hope you got all the groceries you needed. Love the lyrics you shared. I must say lyrics in music and dialogue in movies is the first thing I focus on. I will sometimes just lay back and listen to an album taking in what has been said.

Anne – Great poem… and makes you think. Whenever I watch “Splendour in the Grass” on TV – I reflect on that poem: (Yes, I am a sucker for any poetry that make you think).

“…Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass,
    of glory in the flower,
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind…”

Sandy – If not for grandchildren, we would move and be somewhere near water. It’s my favorite setting.

Jackie – Not sure about the horse. It was after dinner and we were taking a stroll on the pier. It was a great night – company and weather. I laughed when I read you were ignoring weather threats – Jean is always trying to calculate leaving laundry out when we go to the store etc. and often says, “oh well.” Congrats on “I can now climb the hill without the need to pause halfway…” Great milestone! As for the computer and cat – I refuse to make one of those corny “mouse” jokes. LOL

Patsy – The salad sounds delicious! Kris Kristofferson, “Sunday morning coming down.” Good choice…..

Adios for now Bob

• Gawanne35
    Options
    When I think of the "great" one south of the border "he who shall be obeyed" I think of Omar Khayyam:

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on
    Nor all thy Piety or Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

He will be remembered that's for sure! And a lot of his claims on the for ever permanent internet will never be erased.

Liked your verse BOB.

We've just sat through a lot of banging and flashing and a needed cloud burst. The earth was awfully dry this morning when I tried to dig.

I think I had better lay off the poetry for now. The problem is whenever something happens one can usually remember an appropriate verse. Sorry everybody for bending your ears, unless you skipped.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Did I miss Jackie's post??
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Did I miss Jackie's post??

Yes, you did I believe. Just before yours.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi🙋🏼‍♀️ Morning teapot time.

“Pelham pattern, Countess shape Royal Winton Grimwades teapot, 1934-1950. The pattern may be named for Sarah Pelham famous cross stitch pattern artist from the 1800s.”

djvkgv9chalw.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    New puzzle. Looks like a comfy place to spend time. Now if I had one. 😂

4gaxnxebdxrg.jpeg
  • linder4866
    Options
    Harvest at my house ☺️ New batch of broccoli sprouts and celery grown from the base of a bunch purchased some time ago.

q04etmn91ypv.jpeg
    qhgnlypd24za.jpeg
  • linder4866
    Options
    Some tomatoes from my determinate plants. And some Black Cherry tomatoes.
    6if0j1oqi5o8.jpeg