Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Morning. Should add to the above. However, only for a couple of months trial living. All three Ms want to make sure I don’t regret the move before finalizing so if I don’t like communal living I’ve still got the cottage to come home to. I guess it will be like going on holiday at first. Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :) Yesterday we got the check from our friend who is buying our Subaru. Unfortunately we haven't received the title from our lender so she can't register the car in her name yet. Then we drove to our financial adviser's office an hour away to deposit the check so we could write a check using the funds today to buy our new car. The drive is through beautiful rural country and a bridge over the beautiful Hood Canal so it was like the vacation drives we used to take all the time. This morning we will rendezvous with our friend who bought the Subaru to drive to Seattle (another beautiful drive that will include a ferry ride across Puget Sound). She will drop us at the car dealer and drive home. We will transact our business and get some lessons on the nuances of an electric car and drive home in the afternoon. It is exciting and scary.

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Had a nice dinner with my daughter and son and their spouses last night. Came home and played a game. Always wonderful to be with family. We will be leaving around 1 to do some shopping and heading to Lake Geneva. I am looking forward to a wonderful week with family.
    I will do my best to check in at least to say hello every day.

Barbie, so exciting and congratulations on your new car.

Anne, love the idea of a trial period that takes so much pressure off.

I have to finish packing and getting things ready. Have a great weekend.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Options
    My day didn’t improve. I had to walk George and Betty in torrential rain before going to Sheila then spent several hours watching a very restless Rosie until time for me to take them both to the vet. He was very kind, explained why Rosie was so unwell and it was agreed she be put to sleep. All very upsetting. I spent another hour back at Sheila’s and helped her pack up dog beds and bowls so there weren’t constant reminders lying about before heading home. I suggested she snuggle with a hot water bottle and cry whenever she felt tears rather than bottle her feelings up. George and Betty had been left for over 4 hours but after cuddles, a garden visit, something to eat and some treats they calmed down. It’s cold and wet so I was tempted to light the stove but instead put another layer on!

I wish everyone a good weekend. I read lots is going on with everyone and will catch up tomorrow.
    Jackie 🥰
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1s0gofbuczcx.jpg

We are headed home from the dealer with our 2018 Tesla Model 3. We named her Papillon
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am just sitting under fan in AC house. Our electric bill will be horrendous. Anyway, just being lazy after long aerobics this morning. Lots new with you.
    Anne, I am delighted to hear you get to try communal living first as a test period. Gosh, you must be very loved to have people to plan carefully for you. Good to hear.
    Barbie, exciting to get the car. And even the drives to take care of business will be nice.
    Jackie, sorry about friends dog. I remember some dogs we laid to rest. It is always difficult and sad for all.
    Sandy, glad your dinner went well. Your family plays games I see, as does mine. We just bought a card game on Amazon and its like progressive rummy. But its a special deck. And can be played with 2 to 7 people so we bought a couple of decks so more can play. We expect about 21 in August. I was wondering if your dinner was at the new restaurant you were thinking of trying?
    Well, going to fold my laundry and get some iced tea and read.
    Best to all you Pals.
    Joy
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    BARBIE, congratulations on Papilion’s arrival! Mark and Mary Jo love their electric car. May you get as much joy out of Papilion as they do.

JACKIE, poor Sheila. How many times have we come home from the vets without a much loved pet. Brought the heartache back to me. Too many much loved dogs and cats in my lifetime. None forgotten.

Rainy day here as well.

Anne.
  • jacAth3
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The torrential rain continues so no working outside. It really is the strangest weather this summer. It seems the low water pressure a couple of days ago has affected my electric hot water system because it’s not working. Luckily I have an electric shower on a separate system. Internet research shows it is a common failure so I will have to find someone to repair it next week. Seems there’s always something!

I phoned Sheila first thing and although she had a restless night, she told me she isn’t sad because Rosie is now out of pain but of course misses her terribly. Yes Anne, it does bring back memories of losing much loved pets.

So lots going on for everyone; Anne off on an exciting new adventure, Barbie now has Papillon in her life and Sandy enjoying a fabulous reunion. Joy making plans with family too! The question is, where is our Lin?. Is there bad weather in her area because I hate the thought of those scary tornadoes getting too close? Our dear Patsy’s birthday today, since it has gone midnight here. Missing but never forgotten. ❤️

Time for my bed. Not many plans for tomorrow. We have yet more hefty showers forecast so probably a short local walk and I must get to the farm supply shop for feed for the hens, then Wimbledon tennis men’s final when I will be cheering on a young Spanish player.

Take care everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,137 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi, sorry, have been busy. Clearing up after the tree trimmers and the stump grubbers. And the place where I send cards put out an appeal for encouragement cards for young people. I put my nose to the grindstone and just finished making and boxing up 20 cards. A trip to the post office in the works Monday. Continuing slow clean outs and finished all the small kitchen drawers. Well, the are not empty but are much better.

Sandy, enjoy the week. Am sure you will.

Jackie, don’t float away with all the rain. We have had some strong winds but no tornado activity this week. It is so kind of you to check in on your friend today. ❤️❤️

Barbie, love the car!! You both look quite pleased in that photo!

Anne, well I have never heard of a trial period with a move. Your family is quite clever!

Joy, I am not certain I understand what card game you I’ll be playing.

I think the 16th is Patsy’s birthday. ❤️❤️ It would be marvelous to hear from her.

Please be safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

v955j5ixz1ez.jpeg
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Jackie, I luv your posts….always up on everyone, always a kind remark. Enjoy Wimbledon!
    Lin, I think its called Triple Crown from Amazon. Its a progressive rummy game basically. The special deck has all the suits of a regular deck of cards, plus a suit called stars. There are several rounds of deals and the number of cards dealt change each time and the wild card changes each round also. Its fun.
    Joy
  • jacAth3
    Options

Thinking of you Patsy and hoping you are safe and able to enjoy your birthday.

bzobvyy4i942.jpeg
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    PATSY, never far from my thoughts. We all really miss you.

HAVE A LOVELY HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH THOSE YOU LOVE DEAR PATSY,
    If you read this, warm hugs are sent from Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    a3i8g99bhapt.png
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Sunday!❤️ Everything is perfect! We went to a dancing horse show last night and it was amazing! Having a wonderful time!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Patsy, thinking of you.

❤️❤️🎶happy🎶birthday🎶❤️❤️

With all best wishes…

Lin
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) We went for a ride in the country this afternoon in beautiful weather. Jake drove and I used the time to ask all my questions about the differences about driving an electric vehicle. It had been my plan to drive around our neighbourhood when we got back but since I fell asleep in the car on the way home, it seemed like a better idea to postpone driving until tomorrow.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    Options
    I have been doing errands and as I was driving home from the last one for today, I ended up behind one of these vehicles. Interesting!

Rivian RS1. Kind of nice looking SUV
    itl2jzmt572y.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

sw07xj7d3kii.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Lin I watched a TV show that featured Rivian vehicles. There was one at the car dealer parked next to us. I think they are more expensive than several of us together could afford 😺
  • jacAth3
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I’ve been doing my best to keep busy, either housework or gardening, depending on whether it’s raining or not. My biggest excitement today was using my new drill bit to remove the screw I damaged in the new garden chair and finally finishing that job. You see how it doesn’t take much to make my day! Yesterday morning I dropped in on Linda to return her shopping bags and stayed for coffee then she showed me her neighbours’ greenhouse she is using to grow seedlings, cucumbers and tomato plants. I didn’t say to Linda but I do think that as upsetting as her experience with the bully at the allotments was, it sent her life in a happier, fulfilling direction. In a couple of days she will travel to see her SIL that has been badly treated by her DIL and is currently in a care home, against her will. I will be in charge of watering her fruit bushes and vegetables so no pressure!
    I phoned Sheila this afternoon to see how she’s doing and of course she is missing Rosie but has placed photos around her home and tomorrow we will meet to shop for frames to place them in then we will find somewhere to have coffee.
    This evening I created a cottage pie using a sweet potato that was delicious with my homegrown kale, beans and broccoli. All the rain we’ve had recently has really helped the veggie garden.

Wow, I see Americans still drive much larger cars than in Europe and Britain. I think my car would fit in the trunk of Barbie’s new car and definitely the SUV you like Lin! Even our SUV’s are smaller!

Time for bed! I hope everyone is well.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! 😀
    qbem4s4v4ldl.jpeg
    Things are going wonderful. Some of the family comes and goes but we are having a wonderful time!
    Sandy
    One Day at A Time