Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Just returned home from a soaking walk on the moors. George has now got a damp fringe hanging into his eyes but then so have I!! Last night as I sat surrounded by chaos created by piles of papers, tapes, cassettes and cables that don't seem to have a home I decided to download software for my printer in an effort to bypass my computer's confusion about its identity.... is it Windows 7 or 8, it doesn't seem to know? Good news, the laptop accepted the programme so I've saved not only the cost of a new printer but the frustration of getting rid of one that has nothing wrong with it.

Loving the photos.... Buzz you look as gorgeous as ever!! Now I'm being told my battery is about to die and I'm nowhere near a plug so will stop now, get on with the dining room clear out and pop back later.

Jackie

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,093 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded Windows 10.....and now I am confused as to why Jackie's post is under Phoebe's picture.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    We still have damp weather and I think it's wearing on us. Mike made some inappropriate remarks at brunch in the dining room today, and I realize I don't know how to handle it when he talks loudly about what someone else is doing that might be embarrassing. Then he remarked about me not having a sense of humor because I'm from Boston. He doesn't understand that this makes me uncomfortable, and I said next time it happens we will call a "time out" and leave the room. Can anyone recommend appropriate handling of this type of situation? I feel really stupid not knowing what to do! He sees himself as having a great sense of humor (and I say it's at someone else's expense!) !!! Suggestions will be very welcome!
    PATSY, the recipe sounds delicious. Can it be made in a regular stove top pot?
    LIN, I just saw your tags in proper perspective because - thanks to SANDY, PHOEBE, YOU and everyone else who suggested it, I am finally viewing MFP with all the photos etc. on Chrome instead of Internet Explorer! What a difference. I was also able to print up some lists that were quite distorted on IE !!! I will get accustomed to Chrome, I hope! The length of lines on all our posts is perfectly normal---hoorah!
    Getting late for supper, which I normally miss Sunday nights, but I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong that is so bad for my weight, and skipping meals may be one of the culprits!
    JACKIE, thank you for the boost, and hope you got your battery charged!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    I just downloaded Windows 10.....and now I am confused as to why Jackie's post is under Phoebe's picture.

It is the same for me Sandy and I did not upgrade to Windows 10. It looks like Phoebe quoted all of Jackie's post but there is no comment from her.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HANUKKAH. Just popped in to say hi. Where did the weekend go!
    Anne.
    Options
    It's probably my fault. I likely fell asleep with the phone in my hand, reading posts! I'm always bumping the quote button as I scroll.
    Re: our photo, when we get home.
    Night, Shirley gave me her cold.
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    just checking in

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This computers seems to be working My I pad said I was not connected to the internet. so all my typing did not go thru.
    I found a nice web site for IP recipes I got to get it in a folder so I can find it easier. I love putting all of my favorite into different folder so I can find them.
    I found a recipe for Potato salad only I will add all the baking fully loaded bake potato ingredient in it. Walmart deli has a fully loaded bake potatoe salad that I just love. Will be making it for Kathy's Christmas dinner Then I want be tempted by the gluten dressing. I may try to find me a wild rice gluten free recipe for dressing for me to eat.

I see if we can get mine on chone How do you do it.? Alice will be out Wednesday to go to the doctor with me to find out my test results. I am keeping my fingers cross.

love to all
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    it seems I cannot find how to edit my post from these long sentence I misspelled Chrome in the above. is it available or computers, Ipad and lap top? Alice do not know of this probloms with internet explorer. I am having. But it is driving me nuts
    marie
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Marie, go to www.Google.com Next, type chrome in the search box. May need to get Alices' help.
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Buzz: I understand your problem with your dear husband. I have this problem from the opposite side. I have a motor-mouth! I sometimes rattle on, thinking what I am saying is funny. I think it is funny so I think everyone one else might as well. I have "stepped on John's toes" and he really gets upset. I wish he would just say, "okay let's change the topic of conversation now! I know you are doing your stand up comic routine but it is making me uncomfortable." Smile and change the subject. Some of us (me) are born without a good filter. Forgive him. Realize those little remarks mean nothing. His filter just isn't working. And just reading your posts I think you are a very giving and sensitive person. That makes it very easy to get your feelings hurt. That's my take on your problem. Do you know you are a very beautiful woman? Wow!
    Patsy

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in PATSYS comments re inappropriate remarks BUZZ. My friend was married to a wonderful gentleman (a real gentleman in the fullest sense of the word) but as he aged this other side came out, mainly in the form of singing loudly, bawdy English rugby songs. Those of us who knew the old Bill simply ignored him, we loved him anyway, and to those who'd never known the old Bill, my friend sweetly said to them, "isn't he a naughty boy" and just carried on. After all, only his true friends really mattered and it wasn't really my friends problem, for she wasn't his keeper. She followed PATSYS advice, "smile and change the subject". Bill soon quietened down when he was no longer the centre of attention and shocking everybody. Patsy is also right about your newest photo, It's lovely. Have you noticed that the ones who don't alter their appearance with surgery (I'm talking about celebrities at this point) take on a different but equally attractive appearance with each passing decade? Personally, I like the mature face with all the experiences of life etched upon it. Far more interesting than the bland faces of our youth.
    This is just me yattering on, ignore me and have a wonderful Monday friends, Anne.
    Options
    Buzz, Patsy's point of view is excellent! Add it to what you know about Mike's condition, I'd say it's a case of letting it all roll and flow right past you. If it does offend someone else though, try to find a moment to mention Mike's illness to this person, then at least, they can choose whether to take offense, or be compassionate. Who knows, you may discover a friend with knowledge and understanding of what you are experiencing. Either way, always know you are free to tell us all about it, let off steam and frustration, and generally lean on us. We love you. (And your photo!)
    Sandy, that's funny about your mom's ceramic tree, coz I think of that super organized garage photo! I forget where I put things all the time now. I need a big dumpster in my driveway. So you're off to sunny Florida soon, I know you'll have a great time. Isn't it wonderful to have warm places to go in the winter?
    Patsy, you are funny, I'm picturing you and John, lol. One is smiling and chatting, the other is not!
    Shirley, I hope you have caught up with your plans, enjoy your rest so you'll get better soon. I'm sneezing and sniffling.
    Jeri, are you planning a big meal this year? Your getting lots of experience.
    Lin, do you have more parties coming up? I liked your funny ugly sweater attire. I'm hoping to visit my aunt over the Dec.19th weekend if she'll be home. Going to take her a few books in addition to her gift. I think she'd like the cookie mystery books, I forgot the names. Or those Diane Mott Davison books.
    Back to work
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Which remind me Alice wants to borrow a Christmas vest that belong to my mom to wear to an ugly Christmas party at work.. I better dig it out for her to pick up Wednesda6y while she is out here. However it is not ugly but it is old. Hope no moth got into it.. it would then really be ugly.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    is google.com the same as crone?
    Marie
    Options
    Google is Chrome's creator. Like internet explorer was created by Microsoft.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I use Internet Explorer on my tablet but also have the option of using Chrome. So far so good, no
    serious problems on here yet. ;) Sorry for everyone who is struggling with MFP.

Well today is a good day, I did not make it Yoga class I slept in after the alarm went off. Felt better
    for it too. My cold is getting better today, I did laundry, got groceries and practiced choir music.
    I also started wrapping some gifts but will have to go out and get more bows and paper after dinner.

Dave has gone to the annual Christmas party dinner for the board members of the sailing club.

Phoebe - Sorry you caught my cold! HAHAHAHA
    My daughter who was here for the weekend did catch it too. I hope my little
    buddy doesn't get it. o:)

Shirley

• linder4866
    Options
    Hello friends, it was nice to have a day with no errands to run. I did several loads of clothes, paid some bills (with real checks) and some online banking. That really needed attention! And several loads of laundry were tackled as well. Ha.

In the last 24 hours I used my IP to cook a pound of sliced carrots, a batch of steel cut oats, a bag of soaked beans, and a batch of quinoa. It sure is handy. No stirring is wonderful. I baked some sweet potatoes and then tried to bake a pumpkin I'd gotten quite a while ago from my CSA. I was getting advice that I should try to bake it even though I was pretty sure it was not a pie pumpkin. Well, I did get it split and tried to roast it but it was mostly internal cavity and seeds. That was definitely not for pie/cooking. It took a lot of time and I don't think I ended up with anything useful. I put the chunks in the refrigerator and may try to put them through the Vitamix (or I may give up at this point). And I used my spiralizer to make my breakfast/lunch with a combo of spiralized zucchini and yellow squash topped with grape tomato halves. Yummmm.

Shirley, I am happy you are starting to feel better. Keep resting!

Marie, I am glad you got things working again. I use Chrome as my browser all most all of the time now and it seems to work better for me on most web sites.

Phoebe, I hope your travels are going smoothly.

Buzz, my dad said and did all sorts of odd things. I tried to say something to him a couple of times but he didn't understand so I just lived through the episodes. He remained calm and I made it through.

Sandy, almost time for your trip!! Did you book your seat? How long will you be visiting Florida?

Marcella, your grain grinding equipment looks intriguing. The most I've ever done is grind partially processed items like steel cut oats or old fashioned oats in the Vitamix.

Anne, we had fog this morning for quite a while but later the sun came out with a bit of a breeze and temperatures in the 40s and 50s.

Jackie, I still am amazed at everything you successfully accomplish! You put me to shame as I have no excuses whatsoever. I guess I just get distracted by doing one little thing after another all day long. And then I'll read until late which kicks back my next morning start time.

Patsy, how are your preparations for Christmas coming along? I thought of you yesterday. I was on my way home from church and our East Village shopping area was open (just something they do for a few weeks before Christmas) and I stopped at the spice shop and then a store that features work from many local artists. I had a love time looking around in that shop as I was the only person there for a good portion of the time and got any and all questions answered. It was lovely.

Barbie, I hope you are feeling well enough for your holiday performances. I pray more progress is made in finding how to overcome this problem.

As for any other plans, I am going to join friends on both Friday evening and Saturday evening for paint night. One night we are doing a funny looking Santa and the next evening a bronze tree. I've never done this so I hope it is a lot of fun. I believe my friends are bringing wine to drink so hopefully that will help with their perfectionist tendencies. Ha.

I tried to con some friends into going to a movie, but no takers. Everyone has so many plans and so much family that the calendar is full.

I'd best move along now. It is very dark and I've not put out the trash or checked to see if I have any mail.

Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    My minion shirt (which was my first layer at the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party last week but covered by a long-sleeve shirt and my ugly sweater). I really like this Walmart find!
    8pptgsmshrkg.jpg

My outfit for the same party back in 2013
    ss9ht90tdztv.jpg

I sure have changed. And I'll leave it at that. Haaaaa.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,093 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday Night!! :) I had my buddy today and I know I will miss him while I am gone. I leave Wednesday and come back the following Wednesday. I was going to go to Mass tonight because tomorrow is a Holy Day of Obligation but I had a glass of wine so I will go tomorrow instead. I want to go to Macy's tomorrow and also get a mani and pedi before packing so I think I will be busy all day.

Lin, personally, I think your latest picture looks better than last year. You are thin and your haircut looks just darling on you. You also look younger than last year. Just my opinion, although you look really thin and I could be jealous. BTW, I did not book my seat, I am going to wait until I get to the airport and if necessary upgrade then.

Shirley, I am glad you are feeling better and hope that Issac doesn't catch the cold that seems to be following your family. Funny how we both call our little guys our buddies.

Phoebe, the tree was neatly on a shelf, I just forgot I had it. I am pretty OCD when it comes to organization so everything has it's place. I am thrilled because the weather in Florida is going to be in the high 70's when I get there. My grandson who will join us on Saturday from college will probably want to go to the ocean to surf and I will be sunning watching him.

Marie, glad Alice was able to fix your computer and I hope the sweater works out for her. How is she doing with weight watchers?

Anne, I used to be more sarcastic then I am now, Al Anon has taught me to behave. lol

Patsy, I met Buzz and Mike in person a few years back while I was vacationing in Florida.
    They both are very attractive people and just as nice as they could be. Mike was a perfect gentleman and now with his dementia I can't believe he would intentionally hurt anyone.

Buzz, I agree with those who said just let it go. You have no reason to be embarrassed, he doesn't realize that what he is saying could be taken the wrong way. Remember the poem I sent you, it applies to this situation as well. Just enjoy your holiday and be grateful for the good times.

Barbie, your decorations look great, you are another with talent for many things. I hope you are feeling better and still taking it easy.

Time is flying by and I haven't eaten dinner, so enjoy what is left of Monday.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time