Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I go to the doctor to see about my sodium this morning.

Jeri love your little tree of your Mom.
    but I am waiting to see a picture of you and Ed in your annual Christmas photo. always so cute. I will have someone take a picture of me and Jerry in front of Kathy's tree when we go out for Christmaas Dinner. little kylee will be 2 years old so she will be our center of attention and gobs of toys for her

Gotta go and get dress to go to the Doctor.
    Will report in later

<3 Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hugs, Marie, Jeri,Buzz,Shirley and Isaac, and Sandy. Back to work
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Busy day as I attempt to finish up all my errand before leaving town tomorrow. This long weekend trip will be a good test of my healthy habits. I'm trying to scope out really good restaurants in the area and look at their menus before going in to make sure there is something that will be right for me to eat. That also gives me time to get excited about my food choice without all the restaurant smells confusing my senses. We are planning to spend some time in the indoor pool swimming and walking the resort's trails. We will get a good bit of walking in at the nearby outlet mall too. My goal is to continue losing a little weight during our short trip while having a really good time. :)

Barbie - Second opinion are always a good idea.
    Marie - Hoping the doctor tells you that your sodium is much improved.
    Shirley - Your grandson is such a cutie!
    Have a great day, everyone!
    Marcella
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We are really getting the rain! Lots of flooding. Lots of wind! What a mess, the Christmas decorations in town are swinging and swaying, I hope they can hang on until Christmas. Lots of energy out there.

Still trying to get all the Christmas gifts bought and wrapped. I do give our daughter the usual check but I like to have a few little things for her too open. She is one of those people who has great difficulty getting Christmas together. Listen to me...I am still in the Christmas jumble state. Packages, boxes, wrapping paper, ribbon everywhere. I will get it together soon., I hope. Our son gets back from South American soon. I will be glad to have him on this continent at least.

Will have lunch with the gallery owner this week. This is always an experience. I get a peek into a life I would never want. She seems happy with the drama and constant issues to be resolved. Such a lot of angst this business harbors. One-up-manship and nasty jabs at other galleries and owners. Whew! That is a lot of stomach acid to deal with.

Watched Polor Express again last night. Lovely story! The animation is interesting. A different look from other animated stories. I can't decide if I like it or not. Part of it looks very artistic very well done.

Off to foot dr. To check on my forever foot problem. A little painful but not too bad usually. Grateful for my sweetheart who helps me each day with the inspection and dressing change. It is quite small, the wound. But it is still there. It is about the size of a 1/2 grain of rice. But sort of deep. One of my life challenges.

Have a happy day, dear sneakers. Marie, Buzz, Lin, Anne, Phoebe, Sandy, Jackie, Shirley, Jeri, Marcella, Barbie and all the rest of the lovely sneaker group.
    Patsy

• CALIECAT
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I lost my post
    In a nut shell My kidneys are fine my sodium if fine Blood sugar fine Blood presser fine

She told me to keep my water down not drink the well dry. All these years i have been told to drink more water now to drink it moderation not to much and not too little. Just like our food intakemoderations

Be back later my dear friends
    <3 Marie

Ps Alice got me on chrone and seeing the pictures and post just fine. Happy days But i can still use internet exployer but it s still too big.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hugs to you too Phoebe. Are you guys on the road now?
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,137 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I lost my post
    In a nut shell My kidneys are fine my sodium if fine Blood sugar fine Blood presser fine

She told me to keep my water down not drink the well dry. All these years i have been told to drink more water now to drink it moderation not to much and not too little. Just like our food intakemoderations

Be back later my dear friends
    <3 Marie

Ps Alice got me on chrone and seeing the pictures and post just fine. Happy days But i can still use internet exployer but it s still too big.

Glad things are fine Marie.

Lin
    Options
    Yay, Marie! Such a weight off, isn't it? I think Chrome is very good. Hope it is easy for you.
    Yes, we are in Tennessee, getting close to home, maybe get there about midnight. We are at M & M Mars candy plant. It always smells like chocolate cooking.
    See you later, 60 degrees here!
    Phoebe
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Great health news Marie,
    Anne
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks anne. i am so relieved
    Marie
    Options
    Sandy, how did you get your free ticket?
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,137 Member
    Options

I thought she just didn't pay for an advanced seat assignment. But she paid for the ticket. I am confused. But that's normal. Ha.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Marie - Thank you for sharing your good news. I'm so glad that everything checked out for you today.
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Very late , as usual, but delighted to see MARIE is doing just fine! We went to the cardiologist today. He is also my venous insufficiency expert. So few doctors have knowledge of the venous system, or edema, or lots of problems having to do with cardiovascular systems! He was very pleased with the way my legs responded to the therapy I had, including the cold laser treatments that seemed to eventually melt my hard fibrous tissue on my lower legs; the condition research assured me could never be treated properly! Mike will require ultrasound for his valve and probably a 24 hour wire to check on the heart problem he complains about. I was quite sure we went through that last year and were told it was unnecessary to replace it, but his complaints have not stopped, so we'd better redo that test.
    Gotta pick up for my cleaning gal, who hasn't been here in a month, due to Thanksgiving. I will be very embarrassed, but she will not chastise me, thank goodness! G'nite, everybody...
    <3 Buzz
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »

I thought she just didn't pay for an advanced seat assignment. But she paid for the ticket. I am confused. But that's normal. Ha.

Lin

Oh, I see now, thx Lin!
    We're home. Fussing a bit with each other. Over a cat! Okie jumped out of Jim's pickup truck when he stopped at the post office tonight. Jim's not careful enough, and he should realize it and accept it. Anyway, Honey saved the day! After Jim called me, Honey and I went there and Okie was hiding but he came right up to his Honey. He loves her! After a few minutes of Okie staying out of my reach, I turned my back on him and honey and I walked away. He followed us and while he was distracted by long blades of grass(yummy?), I grabbed him. I was upset and yelled at Jim to go home! I want to leave Okie at home where I think he is at least in a familiar place. I don't want him to get away from us while we are traveling. He is becoming increasingly difficult.
    So now I'm going to sleep and forget about it.
    Night all
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    good to hear Phoebe is home safe and sound Okie too. Jerry is off to the Va for his appointment. . Don't exspect him home till around noon
    Had to turn my hearing aid down for I was hearing lots of unusally noise that i don't notice whe Jerry is home. Which is most of the time
    tomorrow is another grocer shopping day. I have 2 list going one for albertson and one for Kroger Friday is grocer ad day shopping for us.
    Now time for breakfast and take all of my medications. I really think I have got a ood doctor. for she hit this water bit right on the nose. Got my sodium at the correct amount and my kidnews I am on Chrome now but lost my post 2 times already tis morning. everything just went black. Mess around and go t it back on.

Make it a geat day my buddies.
    <3 marie
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    PHOEBE, I'm so glad Honey found Okie. The same thing happened to us once. We were travelling to see my parents and brought Thelly with us because we had only just moved into a house 200 miles away, and knew no one or found somewhere to leave him. My husband of the day stopped the car in the middle of nowhere, can't remember why, got out the car, and out shot Thelly into a field of wheat. Much frantic searching by the four of us and we found him. Later we brought him to Canada with us. Anyway, all ended well for Okie and Thelly (Othello).
    I'm all written out! By that I mean that all the cards I have received from the UK have long newsy letters in them, especially the ones from old school friends! Fancy we are all 80 or close now, and honestly reading their letters we still seem to be the girls we once where! Isn't there a saying about "Grandma's being just little girls all grown up"? So, I'm all written out because I am slowly answering them at 2 a day. No ones on the Internet, and writing back I'm realizing how lazy I've become, and the handwriting's deteriorated too.
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from Jacksonville, Florida. The sun is shining and I am soon heading outside to work on a little tan. My daughter and I are going to the show to see The Hunger Games this afternoon and tonight we are going bowling. It will be the first time I will try since my new knees.
    Lin is right, I paid for airfare but refused to pay extra for a seat. When I checked in the night before they assigned me a seat that they wanted me to pay but because I didn't they gave me it to me with no charge. There was also no one sitting next to me, so I had both seats to myself.
    We went to Amelia Island after my daughter picked me up. A cute little area with all kind of shops, but mostly tourist things. Took a picture of a pelican which just was something I don't see in Illinois.
    9hz7tv7c8kg0.jpeg

Time to get sunning!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Good Morning from Jacksonville, Florida

Time to get sunning!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

We are not going to movie, the weather is too perfect! Next three days are going to be beautiful, if cooler Tuesday will go then, otherwise I will go when I get home.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sandy - We always saw pelicans in Sarasota, they are quite common. Love the picture and enjoy the
    warm sunshine. Enjoy the free ticket. We plan on seeing The Hunger Games on Friday night.

Marie- So happy you are well and all your tests are good! Also great news that you got on Chrome.

Anne - I can't believe you are still in contact with old school friends. Good for you to keep relations
    going.

Phoebe - Poor Okie, I bet you were frantic but happy when you saw him. Good job Honey!

Barbie - You are being very patient with your nerve testing. I hope you get results soon.

Buzz - Seems like you are enjoying your holiday. Love potatoe pancakes.

Feeling a bit better today but still taking Tylenol. I think I have a sinus infection but it is improving.
    Trying to memorize our first song for choir performance, I guess I missed the announcement that
    we were supposed to memorize it. Thank goodness its only two verses of "Here we come a caroling".

Dave and I had a nice walk today, it feels balmy outside for December. I picked up my baking
    supplies today so I am ready to start baking cookies. The tree is up now we just have decorate.
    We are getting there!

Looks like little Isaac caught our colds, poor baby, and Kathy is not much better. It is definitely going
    around our area. They have their kitchen all torn up for renovations which doesn't help any.

Have a good day!

Shirley