Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh darn, lost my entire post commenting on PHOEBE's sleep, BARBIE's New Car, JACKIE's Downton Abbey, SANDY's lovely picture and recommending a movie we saw tonight in our auditorium. Anyone who loves dogs, buy a box of Kleenex and look for "Max". Wonderful movie! Glad you all enjoyed Christmas, and LIN's turned out well.
    The doorbell rang as I was dressing for midday Christmas Dinner, and since I was concerned about being late, I started rushing and boom! I fell. Nothing broke, but it was difficult to get up without Mike's assistance, and tonight my right shoulder is one aching mess! I must have wrenched a muscle. And I can no longer say I never fall! I guess 3 days will be about what it takes to feel relief, but I hope it improves before DS and his bride arrive Wednesday.
    Off to some needed sleep, and wishing you all a very good night.
    <3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I did! The beautiful full moon made Christmas espically beautiful. I am feeling very positive and am enjoying the glow of family , food, and a host of plans for thr future.

Buzz: be sure to look after your shoulder. I know how painful that must feel. It makes life very difficult when you can't raise your arm or sleep comfortably on your side. What can be done to ease this?

Anne: John and I do a valentine newsletter each year. It is funny. I always want to do a Christmas letter but can never get it together in time. I don't think I could make it in time for New Years either.

Phoebe: two Christmas dinners are more interesting than one! What lucky people we are to have so many options for celebrating. We had one dinner but I don't think I could handle more than that. I try to not be a charter member of the "clean plate club" but still fight the urge to eat my holiday!

Jackie: I have to freeze everything that tempts me. I have no discipline. I can resist rock hard pastry and candies in the freezer. I can drag them out and defrost for guests. It is my only saving grace.

Sandy: beautiful family! You look glamorous and happy.

Now we will all be getting ready for our New Year! God Bless us all! Wishing you all health, love and good fortune!
    Patsy

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    So wonderful to read about your very happy Christmas's! Mine was near on perfect too. I was over at my youngest sons and they decided to give the poor turkey a break this year. We had the most tender roast beef, roasted carrots, parsnips, beets, potatoes etc, succulent gravy and the piece de resistance Marks glorious, crisp, very risen Yorkshire puddings. He wanted to learn how to make them the Yorkshire way, and so got tutored by dear old Yorkshire born Mom. His first effort - perfect! This sumptuous feast was followed by MJs flaming brandy soaked Christmas pudding, covered in brandy butter and the pulling of some very good Christmas crackers. Today calls for rigorous self control in the Christmas goodies department by yours truly! Aren't we the most blessed and lucky folk you ever did meet!
    Well, the family is taking off today to watch the latest Star Wars movie, may the force be with them! I was invited but I declined wanting a day of rest, but really to read a book I've received. "The road to Little Dribbling" by Bill Bryson. Never heard of it but it's apparently very funny, not to be read in public because of huge snorts of laughter, and about the authors adopted country, England of course. Looks like a treat in store. However my plans could be disrupted if older son, puppy, and family show.
    Have a super Boxing Day gals, and may you not have too much wrapping paper and litter to clear up. God bless us, everyone.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,168 Member
    Options
    Buzz, I am so sorry about your fall. I've fallen several times. Please give yourself time to recover. I do hope you enjoy the upcoming visit. Patsy, Anne, Sandy, all lovely days. Wonderful. I am getting ready to leave soon. A drizzly day, not ice or snow so that's a plus. It's a kind of long drive to the funeral.

See you later.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :'(Buzz, I'm sorry to hear about your fall.....glad it wasn't any worse than in it was.

t114010.gif The dogs and I had a fabulous walk....dark with the full moon, cold but dry so the roads had no ice.....it doesn't get any better than this :)
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) Feels like a pajama kind of day but not sure if Babe and I are going to Mass and dinner or not. He wasn't feeling good this morning so we will play it by ear. Christmas was wonderful, had a wonderful time both Christmas Eve and Day. We went to my ex in laws yesterday and although dinner was served way to late (Rob, Lisa and Robby left to get him to bed at a decent time) it was great catching up with everyone. I foolishly stayed up to 3 AM playing games on my IPad and have no idea why. I couldn't sleep as late as I had hoped but maybe I will try for a nap later.

Phoebe, so nice of you to spend part of your Christmas with your aunt, I am sure she appreciated your kindness. Walmart being closed gives you a reason to go back and see her again. It seems like all I am doing is eating, but so far the scale has not changed. Yipee!!

Jackie, the Downton Abby special will be broadcast here on Sunday, I love their Christmas specials. I watched the Christmas special of Call the Midwives last night, it was also very good. Tried watching my favorite It's a Wonderful Life, but was too sleepy so will finish it today.

Lin, so happy you had a good time with your friends. I am sure they just wanted to get you something to let you know how much they cared. Like me, you are a giver and it is hard to receive sometimes. Sorry about the funeral, drive safely.

Buzz, I am really sorry to read you fell, I do hope you are all right. I keep waiting for the movie "Max" to come on On Demand for free because I have wanted to see it since it came out in the theater. I could try RedBox, just never think to do that. BTW, it wasn't Bryanna's mother who you met in Florida, that was Cheryl, Babe son's wife, mother of Marisa. She actually was very generous, but Bryanna's mother had no problem taking as much as she could. Take care of that shoulder.

Patsy, I love hearing how much everyone enjoyed Christmas, it is my favorite Holiday because of family. I forgot about the moon, I am sure it was beautiful.

Anne, so glad you had a perfect Christmas as well. Everything sounds delicious and if made by your boys even better. I refused all leftovers, mostly because I am spoiled and don't like to eat leftovers. It was bad enough I was sampling desserts. lol

Barbie, sounds like you had the perfect walk with your puppies. I saw the moon Wednesday night and thought it was beautiful then. Hope you are feeling better and 2016 brings us all happiness and good health.

Marie, changed your icon for New Year's, hope you like it.

My kids bought me a Fitbit Surge but I am going to exchange it for the Fitbit Hr Charge. The Surge is for high performance and is much bigger than the Charge. They really don't care if I exchange it, they want me to have what I like. Any views on either of these?

Have a great day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Just flew by. will be by again later when I can stay longer.
    Love marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Now this is interesting (for me anyway) the book I'm about to read by Bill Bryson is by a chap who didn't emigrate TO the Americas like me, but did the opposite! He emigrated to the UK around the time I was arriving here! (On the Mayflower?) He was born in the mid west states! I've only read the first paragraph, but like me over here, he also had to learn a new language in the UK. The trials and tribulations of the nomadic kind! Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well I lost my post again so here goes again.

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time with their families. We had a wonderful time too especially with Isaac. On Christmas Eve we went to dinner at chinese restaurant with Kristina, John her boyfriend
    from Argentina and my MIL. The food was delicious and we went back to our house to exchange
    gifts. We got early the next morning and left around 9:30am to Kathy and Fraser's house and had
    some quality time with Isaac and exchanged gifts with them. The rest of the family came later in
    the afternoon and we had a wonderful dinner and more gifts were exchanged. Isaac was not short
    of presents. It was a long day and we were all tired so bed was much appreciated.

This morning we had a nice breakfast and then headed home. Dave is napping now and I am tired too.

Well I went on our laptop yesterday to copy and paste a glitter graphic for Christmas and I couldn't
    every thing was so large and long I couldn't even find the post button. Now I know what you all
    were talking about. I use my tablet and have no problems.

Have a wonderful day, Isaac is going to another party on Fraser's side of the family. Yes more gifts.

Shirley
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi all, in South Carolina for the rest of this day. Be back later
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Christmas photos... The "all together" photo is in the camera. Not exactly sure how to get it on the iPad for emailing. These new fangeled things perplex me no end!

Now i am washing sheets, towels, vacuuming dog hair from 4 dogs, looking at a few gift exchanges, making new year resolutions.

I am deciding about New Years Eve. I would love going to a couple of parties but I am not very energetic late in the evening. I may just opt for a simple dinner at home with a bit of champagne and watching the ball drop with John and our old puppies. Not super glamorous but I will do my best to come up with a fun movie. I have it in mind to make a few friend and family calls early in the evening. There is always that new year day meal that is susposed to bring good luck.. We thought black eyed peas were good luck. (Texas) Around here it is oyster stew or lutefisk. I tell you, I cannot believe that is real eatable food. Looks like globs of chicken fat floating in dirty dishwater! Scandinavians are a hearty bunch! This part of Oregon has a large Finnish population. 2016 will be an interesting year. In our way, we can all make it the best year ever!
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    Options
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Christmas at our house. Meanwhile my stuffed pork loin was over cooking in the oven. The table was set and Santa brought gifts. A good time was had by all. God bless us all.
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    Options
    oystereyes wrote: »
    Christmas at our house. Meanwhile my stuffed pork loin was over cooking in the oven. The table was set and Santa brought gifts. A good time was had by all. God bless us all.
    Patsy

• delraybuzz
    Options
    Darn, this is the 3rd try, as I've lost 2 posts today, so I won't use our "reply" line!
    I tried reading all of today's posts, but I think the Aleve I took is affecting my vision, even using zoom! Lying down was torture, so I got up a trifle earlier than usual, and started reading the paper when the phone rang. I had a premonition as I picked it up, and was distressed to hear the voice of our former roof neighbor, whom we had almost begged to move with us 3 years ago. She announced her husband was going into hospice today, as he is doing badly after a fall from bed 5 days ago. I'm not doing well with the information, as we have been trying to see them since they moved nearby to a different community offering assisted living. Very upsetting as we shared a common wall over 20 years, and became like family!
    I'll get back tomorrow as it's so late once more, and I keep falling asleep!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    We are safe and sound this morning after a horrible night. Lost our TV but no other damage Ssee you later
    Love marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :) Got a good night's sleep so feeling good. I might take down my decorations today even though I usually wait until after New Year's Eve. I don't expect anymore company for the holidays so it might be a good time before all the bad weather they are forecasting. I did tell a friend I would meet up with her today but if she doesn't call I would be happy.

Marie, please keep in touch as much as you can, your weather is very bad and I know we will all worry about you. Stay safe and be careful. Love you!!!!

Buzz, I am very sorry about your friend, it is so hard when we love them so much. You take care of you and go to the doctor tomorrow if necessary for your shoulder. Love you!!

Patsy, your pups are so cute what breed are they? They look spoiled like most of our pets. Your decorations are beautiful and your hubby ain't too shabby either. LOL I stay home for New Year's Eve, I did my share of partying when I was young.

Phoebe, are you working or visiting in South Carolina?

Shirley, your Christmas sounds like it was wonderful especially with Issac. Aren't they just something, love just watching them play they are so innocent.

Anne, you are so funny, I am so glad you are part of this group.

I did exchange the Fitbit for the one I wanted and it should arrive Wednesday. I also ordered the smaller piece of luggage to match the big one my daughter and son got for me. Babe gave me money to buy the second piece but with the refund it is almost covered by the difference in price for the Fitbit which they got on Amazon. Life is good.

Enjoy your Sunday and be careful with the bad weather.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi, I'm barely awake. That means I had a good long sleep, for which I'm grateful. Second cup of coffee, laundry going, checking in with you. Perfect!
    Marie, I think you may be in for cold stuff, please be careful if you must go outdoors.I read on Facebook that your TV is working, thanks to Jerry.
    Buzz, please see your doctor. You might need to immobilize and wear a sling! MIND ME! So sorry about your friend.
    Lin, I know this may be your long day at church, hope you have a pleasant experience today. Stay warm and safe. I saw Iowa on the news, bad weather.
    Sandy, glad you got the fitbit swapped. I stopped using my flex when it became aggravating about charging. (plugged in for hours, not charged, tiny adjustment needed, etc.)
    Patsy, love your photos, pups are so sweet, lapdogs! I met my brother in law's king Charles spaniel last night. I loved her! Sweetest face. Do you have a fridge full of leftovers?
    We have two meats, sweet potatoes, dressing, pie. Just need to make bread for Jim, probably cornbread, and more green beans. Looking forward to the vegetables, so I'll probably skip meats. And no pie either! I usually eat one slice just to taste how it turned out and that's all I want. For some weird reason, I didn't want pumpkin anything this year.
    Too much calories last night, won't even try to count them! Plenty of homemade dips, etc. No veggies and dips. I'll have to remember that next year. Fruit too. I need to think like Barbie and Lin, bring what you want to eat, or don't eat!
    Anne, have you finished the book? Sounds like a fun one. Hope you have a great day.
    Shirley, babies are so much fun to shop for. I love buying baby clothes. It's almost time to get a few springtime tees and shorts, and sandals, for Isaac! Can you believe how fast he is growing?
    Time to get back to my laundry. It will feel good to get it all done. Hope to take the huge memory foam mattress to the truck to let it 'fluff' this week. I want to have bed linens washed and ready.
    Phoebe
  • Jacean245
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi PHOEBE, no I haven't finished the book, it's a rather big one, but the interesting thing is that as I flew to Canada in 1973 I might well have passed the author flying the other way. It turns out he was born in Des Moines, Iowa, and I think LIN is from that area. Funny old world isn't it. The other reason I haven't finished it is because it's the most miserable of cold days here, and after reading about the devastating floods in my old stamping ground in the UK I just hadn't the heart to look at the Christmas decorations any more and like SANDY decided to dismantle them. This took me all morning and part afternoon during which time you will be happy to learn I also dismantled the last 2 mincepies by eating them with my coffee.
    I am now totally exhausted just from hauling a Christmas tree around, definitely not the girl I was. It's a tremendous relief though to have got everything out of the way and now I can settle down to doing the important things in life like aimlessly doodling.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    MARIE, sorry about the TV, but grateful you are OK!
    SANDY, time for a rest before the sitting and the rest of life opens up again! My shoulder is healing quickly, thanks for mentioning!
    PHOEBE, glad you finally got the sleep you needed! I have to check my laundry, too. You would love that movie, MAX!!!
    Had a nice Sunday brunch, Mike ordered bagels and Lox while I behaved and enjoyed a delicious baked haddock with kale, succotach and wax beans. I will try to eat healthy again instead of just anything I want from our menu!
    Have a nice evening, and perhaps I'll get to relax and watch a bit of TV...