Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Love it, thanks Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi folks

I have been reading my new diet plan So far so good.

Phoebe i have not used my IP yet. Plan on looking up black eyes peas for Friday.

how did you cook your soup

tonight i am having pintos beans with tomatoes, onions and cornbread (one muffin)

pop corn for a snack later.

Jeri love your pictures on Facebook.My what a young man Ed was good looking too. You found gem when you found him.

147638u0b1j8a9ag.gif
    Love all the years we have been together
    marie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all my Sneaker Friends!!

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Marie, I sent a msg to you about soup. Tonight I fixed pork chops, BBQ style. They cooked about 8 minutes. Tender, I had one small bite. Don't really like pk chops so I eat something else.
    Night
    Phoebe
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. I didn't sleep well last night, my mind kept going and going.i thought I was that durellcell pink bunny.
    Got up 6:30 while Mike was shoveling snow again. Made us some oatmeal and 1/2 container of yogurt. Then we went to the club and used the stationary bike and then a short water aroebic work out.
    We went to Costco for gas ( nice under 2.00 a gallon). Then went inside got lettuce, kale salad, blueberries and tilapia And Asian salad.
    Lunch was Asian salad and tea.
    Took a nap a which I usually don't do. Watched TV for a while, called a friend and made dinner. Tilapia, spinach salad, 1/2 baked sweet potato.yum.
    So that was a day in my life, enjoy yours.
    Chris
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Almost 2016........Happy new year everyone! It is bone chilling cold here now with our high humidity. Soup weather. Got stuff for a nice dinner tomorrow with John and the old puppies. I got a kick out of Sandy's Sinatra song. I must admit I have less classy taste. I am an old Rock n roller. But Joe Cocker belted out a few love songs. I loved American Bandstand on Saturday mornings. I helped clean up the house while dancing with Dave Clark! That was about 100 years ago.

Tomorrow night's menu isn't low calorie and John is insisting on a piece of the Christmas cake I froze. We will watch the big ball drop on tv and share a glass of bubbly at midnight. We are night owls so we never have a problem seeing the new year in. Our neighborhood wouldn't allow it anyway. Suddenly there are fireworks and, I fear, shoot gun blasts. We live out in country so people feel free to express themselves in a loud juvenile manner.

I have enjoyed getting to know you all this year. It has been lovely to follow the everyday life of this group of Golden Sneakers. You are all truely GOLDEN.
    Patsy

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Quite unfortunate that I did not sleep long enough last night. Have lots to do today. My husband and I will enjoy spending some time at a friend's New Year's Eve party this evening. But I think we may come home a little early, have a glass of champagne and get some sleep.
    Happy New Year!
    Marcella
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve to all Golden Sneakers friends.

We have not seen sun in a quite a while and it is getting boring to see the same gloomy skys.

Dinner tonight out at a restaurant and Star Wars tickets. We always bring in the New Year and watch
    the ball drop. We will be at Tom's daughter's house this year a little different.

Let us try and get to our goals for 2016 and motivate each other.

It has been a roller coaster ride with all of you this year, but would never change a thing.
    I hope you all have a healthy, safe and wonderful New Year.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2015
    Options
    First time doing a graphic on my tablet!

856699syhnem6n8s.gif[/url]
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Happy new years eve to all my friends here.
    This us my day today.
    Breakfast small apple, 2 rice cakes, better n peanutbutter.
    Go to grocery store for chicken.
    Cut some fabric for a quilt.
    Today is my granddaughters 18th birthday so we ( my daughter, her partner, Mike and I ) are taking her out for lunch.
    I have to finish a quilt top today and try to get the quilt finished for my son.
    I have to mail out an apron I made for my 2nd son. ( I have 3 sons and 1 daughter ). He has been dieting and lost 45 lbs so far. He cooks lots of veggies and chicken. Fruit for snacks. So I thought I would send him a new apron fir all his cooking healthy.
    Have a wonderful day
    Chris
    Ps Marie how is your new diet coming, what does it involve?
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    2641695li0m9ro1ly.gif

To all my Sneaker friends. My year has been very special from knowing you all and am sure we will continue to support, encourage and love each other in the New Year.
    <3 Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,178 Member
    Options
    3581258igcemdnqu3.gif
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I have an ear to ear grin after reading all your posts and seeing the great graphics.....except I wish PHOEBE and LIN were feeling much better. The kids(60 + is still a kid?) arrived, brought a friend who will be joining us at several meals, and it's terrific being together. Glen is losing patience over teaching me to use the iPad he gave me,...except he's also having a few problems with it as it is not his same model and I guess they change..........like Windows! I lost sound again on my laptop. They tell me Microsoft fixed everything in November but you can't prove it with me! Anyway, DS brought me all sorts of gadgets for the iPad so, for instance, all books will be on a separate drive, and other stuff I have to learn! :s He is also bringing our TVs up to date with gadgets to watch internet on he TV! Are we ever dinosaurs?
    Lovely plans for tonight, and tomorrow we have a noontime buffet and an invitation to new D-I-L's brother's home for turkey dinner. I'll need a whole now size up after this week!
    Love to you all, and my wish is we should be right back at this spot next New Year's Eve at this time! In great health!
    My Mike sends his best to all of you, says he feels as though he has met each of you! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Buzz your Mike is a darling and so are you. Love you.

Jackie you can count on me and buzz being here next year Still crazy as ever. Love the Sneakers.

What a day. We have Chris back with us. Chris have you leaner to post pictures Yet. It easy . I bet that 18 year old granddaughter can show you how.
    I even learn how by myself.

Shirley did great on the graphic Do you know how to save your post while you are posting and go to another site like GlitterI do this all the time Just click on golden Sneakers there is a box to the right on the address line. click on it will enable you to go to another site When you copy the graphic go back to the sneakers address line click on it and it will take you back to your posting then you are ready to paste i dont eplain tings too good maybe some else can make it clearer
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I just want to wish all you delightful and inspirational ladies a super new year, one that will bring you good health and much happiness.
    It's been a very pleasant and happy past year for me, being allowed a glimpse into your lives. Thank you so much,
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve!! Busy, busy, busy. Breakfast, Sprint Store, where Bryanna works, back to Sprint store, meeting and then back to sprint store and now home getting ready for Church and dinner with Babe. Whew I only got 5 hours of sleep and I am exhausted. Will be back tomorrow. Remember no drinking and driving, behave yourselves!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. Can't believe it's almost 2016. I agree with Anne that it is a true pleasure to interact with this wonderful group of ladies.

Phoebe can I get the pork chop recipe? I haven't done pork chops yet.

Buzz - hugs to you and Mike. I feel like I know him too. You are both so nice.

Marie - thank you. I love that old video and Ed really us a wonderful guy.

Sandy - you were busy for sure. Hope you have a good rest tonight.

Shirley - yes I'll need motivation inJanuary for sure.

Jackie, Chris, Marcella, Lin, Patsy. Shirley

We babysat this afternoon and after the kids left we had lobster for supper. Yummy.

Off to a show this evening.

Oops almost lost my post. Better go while I can.

Big Hugs and Happy New Year

Jeri

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :) I taught another line dance class for my friend today.....this one had easier dances than the one yesterday. I don't get to teach my regular class tomorrow because of the holiday.

smiley-sleep012.gif We'll be sleeping long before it gets to be midnight PST but we'll wake up in the morning super early and welcome the new year.

:) My word for 2016 will be "alacrity"....that's how I plan to greet each new person and adventure in my life.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie Wish I knew what "alacrity" means. i look it up now I know

you have been alacrity Been a pleasure knowing you. thru the years.
    Love Marie