909594ba6tuifyv3.gif
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    3579994kb1cr2otk9.gif

Wishing you the best in 2016!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    I've been watching Hallmark channel movies. I got home from my day of Dr. Visits without being as late as I thought I would be. The temp. dropped this afternoon. It was expected though.
    I decided to stay home tonight instead of visiting my aunt.
    I'll be asleep soon.I know the fireworks will wake me. Last night, I thought someone had grenades in our backyard. I hope there won't be more of those.
    Jeri, I don't have a recipe for pork chops. I put in 1 cup water. Then added BBQ sauce, a bit of worcestershire, stirred, the place the chops in there. They were boneless, so I set it at 8 minutes and they were very tender.then I put sauce over them and put them in the oven about 10 minutes.
    Lin, hope you are better. I am.
    I'm very sleepy, and hope to rest tonight.

Update
    I fell asleep before posting this, I think. Fireworks did Not wake me, lol!
    Happy New Year to everyone and I hope to see you all same time next year!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Sneakers today i start my plant diet Will keep my journey on our plamt topic

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10202161/plant-food-dicussion-topic#latest
    I have a new Great Granson yesterday weight in at 8 lbs an 15 ox.. He does not look like a new born, so big.
    See you later
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers. The new year here is a bright shiny new year in the form of a sparkling world full of snow flakes. The snow couldn't have arrived with better timing. Hopefully all the new year eve celebrators are now tucked safely in their beds and with all the stores closed few skidding cars on the roads. That's a very good start to 2016. I stayed home and managed to keep awake until midnight at which point my little family phoned in from their various parties to wish me happy new year. We all seem to be feeling that it will indeed be a good year. MARIE got a new great grandson to welcome the new year and how lucky is that! Happiest congratulations Marie!
    I'm going to have a pottering around day, and whatever you are all doing, I hope you too have fun.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,178 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning - although I didn't stay up to welcome in the new year, this bug thing decided I should be awake often last night with coughing, hacking, dry throat, trips to the bathroom..........so I am somewhat tired today. I'd say I probably am not feeling great Phoebe. At least I hope you feel better today.

I'm watching the Orange Parade and will switch over to the Rose Parade later. I don't get ESPN so will not be watching the Iowa Hawkeyes this afternoon. I used to like it when major networks broadcast the bowl games.

I have some old quinoa in the IP. The ends of several different packages, some black, some red. I have no idea how that will turn out.

Marie, congratulations on your new great grandson. Wonderful news.

Thank you for opening your lives to me. I appreciate your comments, your news, your concerns, the jokes, the recipes, the health tips and all that is shared. It makes my life richer by far. Wishing you all the best that life has to offer. Hugs.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Barbie - I welcome 2016 with alacrity!!! :D

Truly excited for this new year. I'm looking forward to reaching my goal weight, hopefully by July 4th. I will also be focusing on walking/running/hiking this year.

Best wishes to everyone for a blessed 2016.
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    edited January 2016
    Options
    38zh0pgfd8lu.jpg

scq6dqpkz452.jpg

It's a pajama kind of day!! Here's to nothing but good things in 2016!!

Love you Sneakers!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    38zh0pgfd8lu.jpg

scq6dqpkz452.jpg

It's a pajama kind of day!! Here's to nothing but good things in 2016!!

Love you Sneakers!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

Thanks Sandy
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Marie
    1832577gcltq2pl11.jpg

Congratulations sweetheart. <3 Your family seems to be growing at a rate of knots!!

Barbie ~ I'm not sure I'd ever keep up with your pace since you face each challenge, whether teaching dance, walking, exercising or discipline in your diet, with more alacrity than I'll ever muster but will join you in dealing with it all in a cheerful way!!

Lin ~ Sorry to read you aren't recovering the way we'd all wish. <3 Take good care of yourself and get some nourishing food inside you. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Anne ~ Like you, I'm mooching today having walked over 4000 steps across the moors first thing in howling gale and driving rain. Not sure if it's good for the soul but hoping it will be good for the complexion!! By the way, I'm not doing the counting of the steps, my friend has got herself a fitbit strapped to her wrist so I get informed each time we return to our cars.... probably why I then feel the need to collapse in a heap!

Phoebe ~ Around 9pm last night George jumped up barking at the door as fireworks went off in the village and I thought we were in for a disturbed night but having gone to bed around 1130 and not woken until 7am I'm thinking there weren't any more at midnight because George slept through the night without a sound!!

As the wind howls down my chimney and rain beats against my windows it's becoming the norm to hear such sounds but with cats curled up on the sofa and George stretched in front of the fire all feels cosy. I'm just hoping we aren't in for another wet month similar to December!

Once again, happy new year to you all and hopefully a peaceful one.

Jackie

P.S I've been following a BBC series called Dickensian that I'd recommend if it comes your way and you enjoy his books. The writers have cleverly taken many main characters from Dickens' novels and thread them into a new story and it's fascinating to see who will pop up next. We are getting 20 half hour episodes so I'm looking forward to seeing who arrives in tonight's. We then have a new Sherlock episode so I'll have to concentrate during my viewing this evening!!

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Marie, congratulations on the new baby boy! He's a tax deduction! Lol. Hope you got your peas going. Almost all of our meal is cooked, which is why my ankles are complaining. My fault for not wearing my socks for support.
    Anne, I love the way you describe your view. I'm happy if you're happy, and I'll take my cloudy cool no precipitation day. Funny, our stores are open today, only government, postal and banks closed.
    Jackie, so far, Honey Only barks at Jim. We are tired of it, but she is determined to keep it up. She gets scolded, but she does it again. I'm making excuses for her that may stretch things a bit. I think she has a touch of senility. Works for me! 4000 steps on the moors should count double! Thanks for the program recommendation, I'll look for it.
    Lin, glad you are up anyway. I know you will take good care of yourself, so here's wishing you a healthier year than you've had so far!
    Marcella, with the big food holidays behind you, your path to your goal should be a smooth one. Here's hoping! Walking/running/hiking sounds like determination!
    Sandy, I'm not in my jammies, but I'd be happy to stay put! I really should get Honey's walk done.
    On that note, have a warm toasty evening.
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We woke up to a snow fall this morning. It did stay on the ground but the driveways are all clear and
    we didn't have to clear off the cars. :)

Our evening of dinner and Star Wars movie was great and did not disappoint. It was a good movie and
    looking forward to the next 2.

I spent the day taking down all decorations and dusting as I went. I am in my flannel pants and top so did not venture out at all today. :) Very tired now and will go and meditate now.

I hope everyone had a great night bringing in the new year and I wish all of you a healthy, happy,
    and reaching your goals if you are still trying to lose as I am. We are leaving for Bahamas in February
    so the push to take some weight off is on.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I did shower and get dressed because I didn't want to wait to get my new IPhone 6S Plus. They had a deal for me to pay off my contract for $50 and get the new IPhone Forever contract along with a new phone. I love it and they are trying to order the color Bryanna wants so she too can have a new phone. I am still very tired but playing with my new phone will keep me awake. Hope you are all enjoying your New Year's Day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :) We didn't stay up late last night so we were able to get up early this morning and spend some time reorganizing the garage and sorting and discarding papers from various files in the house. Then we relaxed in the afternoon and watched "Despicable Me" interrupted only by a break to walk dogs. It was below freezing all day so I wore many layers to stay warm.

:)Marie, congrats on the new great grandchild.

<3 Barbie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Life has a way of giving you important lessons if you wish to learn from them. I have this SUGAR thing that is really not under control. Then I read in the news about how the newest research shows that fructose is a major factor in breast cancer and tumor growth. Woah! For a diabetic like me and a sugar nut...well I needed to read this. So that really helps me make a few needed decisions on my diet. I guess it isn't an issue for normal people but for someone like me.....pay attention!!!!! Anyway...

I am in a quandary about all of the stuff that is crowding up my life. I don't think our kids really want any of this stuff. I need to thin the amount of things I have collected over the years. Now I will try to do a bit of donating and even placing some items for sale. I ask you...does one really need 3 full sets of China? There is mine, my mom's and my grandmothers. My daughter has no interest at all in them. Our son doesn't want any of my dishes. I need to find a young woman who is as crazy about hosting all the family gatherings as I was/am. I could gift her a full 12 piace setting set of China.

2016....the year I give up sugar and at least one set of China! AMAZING,
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    MARIE, hi, luv; you explained very nicely and now we shall see all kinds of graphics and pictures in 2016! 2016??? I cannot believe it! May the 2 of you have the best of health and enjoyment of the brand new year! Just read about your new super baby! Congratulations!
    558527z57qveuguu.gif
    ANNE, your presence has brought much warmth and information and we are all thrilled to have you part of the Golden Sneaker bunch!
    SANDY, can't wait to read your 1st post of the year! Further down! You give us so much of yourself and share your family so we feel we know all of you, but most of all, YOU! Have fun with the new iPhone, dear!
    JERI, you and I and our lost posts! But we have far more in common than that! We all wish you wonderful health this year and every year...for you and your family and keep your eye peeled for your incredible photo opportunities. An artist's eye, for sure!
    BARBIE, Alacrity, perseverance, adaptability, and many more adjectives describing you would be in line now, but my brain is faltering! We all hope you will feel better very quickly in 2016! And a wonderful year for you and dear JAKE!
    JACKIE, dear friend and supporter, I hope you are aware of the waves of love crossing the big puddle flying in your direction. And just a thought, but perhaps 2016 will be the year you pull your many adventures and philosophies together in a fascinating literary endeavor!
    CHRIS, I think I mentioned how nice it is to have you back.
    And PATSY, you have added a great voice and points of view to our group, and insight into your creativity! And good luck on the sucrose elimination and china gifting! Great beginning!
    PHOEBE, poor dear, you are not a complainer, so you must truly be feeling awful! We will all concentrate on healing you through thoughts and great wishes! And hugs!
    LIN, same to you , dear friend! So sorry you are feeling so aweful, and hope this new year will bring you much happiness, and all our hugs!
    MARCELLA, another welcome for a new member of our group. Happy to have you here!
    SHIRLEY, that trip to the Bahamas is sure incentive for your food plans and exercise!
    Welcome to all our newest and long time members and may this year be a year of good promise!
    Our New Years Eve dinner for me was 2 lobster tails, and something called Chardonnay Soup which was yummy! Despite a dessert of chocolate raspberry Trifle, I lost 3 pound overnight which I surely put back today after our noon time buffet, at which I had only the french toast and omelet, ignoring chicken and fish Francais, Penne with Vodka sauce, pastry to die for, and at least half a dozen other choices looking fabulous. But I knew we were invited to dinner at new D-I-L's brother's home, and he is a marvelous cook. And indeed the turkey was heavenly, (I was too full for the ham and linguine with shrimp!) and sides too many to mention and desserts like cannoli, tiramisu, Boston cream pie, Oh my word, no one warned me his significant other was Italian and the food would never stop! Our meager gifts were totally lost in the amount and variety of food available, and I DID refuse seconds and most desserts!
    Now we are back in our own home and I'm ready for a good night's sleep as I think the "kids" have planned lots of activity for tomorrow and I hate to be a stick in the mud!
    AGAIN, wishing you all a healthy, happy New Year, and may this page be repeated by all of us next New Year's Day!
    847155yf4sjcdtjg.gif

<3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning sneakers, yet another wet morning although the wind does seem to have abated somewhat so all quiet in my chimney! After a mucky muddy walk George was marched straight into the shower room and given a thorough wash and scrub followed by rubdown and blow dry so will be looking pristine for about 4 hours before he once again finds puddles to splash in..... worse than any kid!!

Patsy ~ On Thursday I took more items to the local tip including my old desktop computer but before driving off spent a good 5 minutes pondering over a casserole dish that had belonged to my mother in the 70's that was destined to be thrown out but when it came to decision time I couldn't do it so it's back cluttering up a kitchen cupboard. What I'm wanting to impart is my belief that even if your kids aren't interested in what are family heirlooms today there's a good chance when they're older such items will hold sentimental value. Not helping with your New Year resolve to clear space am I but that's probably because I also have 2 sets of china, one was my dad's and the other belonged to grandparents plus a box of collectible china under my bed that should be taken to an auction but.......!! It seems every week a new idea crops up on what causes cancers and think it important to take note of all advice and do what we can to cut down or avoid. I can spend an age reading food labelling in supermarkets and it's amazing how much gets put back on the shelf!!

Buzz ~ Oh my word, how do you resist so many wonderful culinary delights placed before you? I'm not sure I'd have your resolve to avoid any of them, just have a blow out and hope I could do better tomorrow!! Apparently Italian food is one of the healthiest diets but that's probably if it doesn't all appear at the same gathering! I can't ever imagine you being a stick in the mud and am sure you will love whatever activities have been organised for today..... enjoy!

Phoebe ~ My cat Boris shouts a lot and I put that down to being somewhat senile because it's not something he ever did when younger. For all that you'd have laughed this morning when I walked into the chicken run to let the girls out of their house and George rushed past my legs for the first time in over a year to chase little Squeak and boy, did I yell at him but then realised he was more scared of Boris standing at the gate shouting at him than me so wouldn't leave the run without a sharp prod! It all ended well with no harm to Squeak, George or Boris and I was fine once my blood pressure reduced to its normal level!! I remember Honey has barked at Jim from the start so perhaps did have a bad experience with a man before you adopted her.

Sandy ~ Your knowledge of so much techi stuff always impresses me and am sure you'll have lots of fun with your new ipad. As for me I'm barely moving on from desktop to laptop, never mind anything smaller and more clever!!

Shirley ~ The Bahamas sounds like the perfect incentive to lose a few pounds and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals. My scales have been ignored the past couple of weeks but I know I'm going to have to face them next week so am doing my best to eat up and clear any naughty food so I can behave once I know just how bad I've been!

Writing about food reminds me it's time for my lunch which will be an avocado and prawn salad so will wish you all an enjoyable weekend; hoping Lin is feeling better and Anne isn't snowed in! Hello to Marie too.

Jackie
  • Jacean245
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers, and a dark morning it is and pretty chilly. BUZZ, you say such lovely things about everybody which makes YOU a very special person yourself. Your description of all that food had me drooling I can tell you.

And I know what PATSY means about parting with beloved bits and pieces. I only have one special dinner and tea set now and it was made by Buchan of Scotland. I love it. So much so that the engineers at work would buy me bits and pieces to add as the years shot by. Well one day I was grubbing around the local antique shop looking for Toby jugs and there sat a Buchan milk jug! How can it be a collectible I asked the vendor. He replied that Mr Buchan had retired and his beautiful stoneware became collectibles overnight and if I would sell him my stuff, etc etc. This made me pretty excited and I told grandson Derek that the set was his once I snuffed it. A look of complete horror crossed his face (his mom had just inherited 4 complete sets from her parents, good china to add to her 2 sets). I thought my sort of "different" stoneware would appeal to him, but I guess not, one mans meat etc. The moral of this story, mine isn't sitting in the cupboard anymore. It's being used by yours truly on a daily basis. The old every day stuff got carted off to the local dump, today my butter is in my beautiful butter dish, the teapot is used daily, my oatmeal nestles in my gorgeous bowl, and Anne feels like a spoilt wealthy brat rather than Anne on a pension!

JACKIE, Squeaks is still bouncing around, great news! I have wondered but daren't ask. You really do have a problem with the mud loving George! and especially in rainy old England. Could you manufacture him a sort of plastic casing with only his feet sticking out, and maybe little boots attached to them. He'd just need a hose down before entering the house!

Well, I better get moving because the holy terror Cinders will be arriving tomorrow with Mike and Sandy. This means all my potted geraniums, African violets, etc must be lifted off the floor (the plants are in very large pots) because Cinders great aim in life is to bury anything she finds in them. The tree is already down! As Jackie said, worse than kids!
    See y'all,
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) I caught up on sleep getting nine hours. I went to bed earlier which is what I have to do starting tomorrow for sitting on Monday. According to my HR Fitbit, I am a very restless sleeper with 19 time restless and 44 min awake/restless. That is why I have to go to bed earlier to make up for all that tossing and turning. LOL

Anne, I think it is wonderful that you use your beautiful china for everyday use. Why do most of us want to save it for special holidays when life is too short? The china my mother gave to me has already been given to my daughter since she entertains more than I do. The only thing I have of my mother besides wonderful memories is her ceramic Christmas tree.

Jackie, just to be clear, I did not get a new IPad but a new IPhone. My children are all very technical and they have taught me a lot for which I am grateful. Without my gadgets I am not sure what I would do all day when I don't have Robby. I must again tell you how wonderful it is that George has you in his life, he is one happy puppy!!!!!

Buzz, I second what Anne said, you are a very special person. So much on your plate yet always charming and caring, you are indeed such a good person. All that food would have would won out with me, I love Italian food. I am glad you are enjoying the time with family and wish you a very happy new year!!!

Patsy, not as important as your sentimental things, I have in my garage storage things like beanie babies, different boxes of stuff from my grandchildren that they made for me, etc.
    In other words lots of junk that the kids will probably throw out once I am gone. In your case I think Jackie might be right, when older they will appreciate anything from mom.

Barbie, your New Year's Eve sounds perfect, watching a good movie, going to bed early and spending time with Jake and the pups.

Today should be a more normal day with Mass and dinner with Babe. So much eating this holiday has not been kind to my weight, but I will be working hard at it come Monday.
    Enjoy your Saturday and start thinking of what your plan for health and exercise will be starting Monday or today if you prefer!!!!! Let's make 2016 our year!!!!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean245
    Options
    P.S. From me. It turns out the horrified look on Derek's face wasn't about having to inherit my stoneware, it was about the idea of inheriting it because he doesn't want to lose his remaining grandparent TO inherit it, if you can understand all that. Sweet! However, this puts a whole new problem in place for me now happily bouncing it around on a daily basis, because now that I think it might be WANTED it's inevitable I'll drop it!
    Maybe I should buy a cheap all purpose bowl, I do have the odd mugs hanging around!
    Another of life's little problems, sigh,
    Anne.