Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Here is the project that I am working on now. I just laid down the squares that I have sewn together so far to see how they look. It will be a baby quilt when I finish. Phyllis
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited October 2014
    I can't find the edit button Ok it did show up I don't know if I will ever get used to this

759839vc4ntv5lrd.gif

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    hope I found it
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    I found a way I put the discussion page on my bookmark But still do not show up on the discussion page. how confusion
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,257 Member
    edited October 2014
    3tfk23m6oshj.jpg

Happy Friday!! :D Still don't think I like this new format but only time will tell. :p I couldn't open a second window with this new format which I always did. My landlady wanted me to have my furnace checked out as she has an account for the service. He is coming sometime today and will hopefully be earlier than later. She sure is good about keeping things running and looking good here.
    I did buy the last two things I wanted but now I think I will go look at Ikea before I put them together. I have no plans for the weekend and Marisa has three softball games tomorrow which Babe will be attending so we will probably go to Mass on Sunday. I told him he better stay close with her as she may end up without her father if he doesn't take care of himself.

Marie, you have to click on that little star to make it turn yellow to bookmark. I also don't like that you only have a short time to edit your page, I do hope they fix some of these kinks.

Phyllis, it is hard to see what the squares show, can you tell us? Your cross stitching is beautiful, my daughter made me a two beautiful pieces one is a Christmas wreath and the other is this one:
    tn7k44a5a520.jpg

Buzz, glad you found us and good luck at the doctor today. <3

Lin, it is going to take a while to figure this all out, Phoebe seems to have it mastered. :D

Shirley, what was the flag, did it do anything? I am afraid to lose my post if I click on anything I don't understand.
    Hope your weekend is wonderful. :D

Phoebe, maybe you should be taking control of this new format, you seem to understand all of it. I love my fitbit for keeping track of my sleeping. I mostly just check mine with my computer and it lets me know when I have reached 5000 steps. I am not good at 10K so for now I am working on 5k. I am glad Jim is going back to the doctor, losing that much weight so fast doesn't sound good. You are a good wife taking such good care of him. :D

Jackie, we all seemed to have that problem of finding our group and we lost some topics in the process. :s

Time to eat and get moving.
    Have a great day, especially Jake with Barbie spoiling him

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

P.S. Not sure why pictures show on bottom but did notice if you click on them they get bigger. I posted one that was two big so made it smaller but now all three are showing. Confusing.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,349 Member
    2204505v4m0cuu2f8.gif

Hello!! Yep, I'm still not on board with all of these changes. I hope we all get settled in soon. Another busy day of phone calls and JUNK!!!!

I did go to ladies night yesterday and it was informative and did a conference call later on vegan eating. I am thinking of going to Gallery Night tonight but I might not.....depends on how I feel. Sure don't want to fall again!

Hugs to my friend. Love 'ya!

Lin in crisp Central Iowa B)
  • Marie, I see you made it back to the group. For now, I would stick with the same old way to get to the main page of the Sneakers. This is how I do it,,,

1. Make sure you are logged in to MFP.
    2. Near the top in the blue area, click on COMMUNITY
    3. Then click on GROUPS
    4. The groups that you are in will be listed
    5. Click on Senior Golden Sneakers
    6. You be at the main page for the Sneakers
    7. If you have clicked on the yellow star, the discussion thread will stay at the top

Hope this helps!
  • CALIECAT
    937397girk14irgu.jpg Happy birthday Jake
  • CALIECAT
    Sandydur wrote: »
    l4fwhmz8bdoj.jpg

Love this photo.......first time he smiled for me.
    love the pillow with his name Cute.

• CALIECAT
    y2heug7w91ku.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    This is the cowboy quilt fabric I am going to use for my new great grandson due in January. He does not have a name yet, they are just calling baby Boy SmithThis will be the first grandchild of Bruce and His wife Sally
  • Sandydur
    Very nice Marie......that pillow with Robby's name on it is actually a blanket I bought for him. It not only has his name but his full name Robert Francis Litvin and his birthdate, both are on the bottom of the blanket.
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    After I posted that I thought it might have been a blanket. Too big to be a pillow. Nice But he is a big boy. how do you carried Bobby around.? Don't hurt you back.
  • Sandy, I love that photo too, didnt notice the blanket until Marie mentioned it.
    Marie, it will take time, and I don't think you've actually lost anything, just a bump in the road.

I got my mri this morning on my mid back. Jim had his fasting labs done yesterday. This afternoon, his dr. Called. She said his kidney and liver readings are too high, and his A1c is 10! She said he has to stop several of his meds and we already have an appt for Monday and to keep that. I had hoped we would have more time, but it may be that he has to go to insulin. This will mean he can no longer drive a commercial vehicle. It is hard not to worry, but im gonna try. I cant live his life for him. He knows about carbs but acts as if he doesn't.

Im watching Inspector Lewis thru my Roku, a marathon for me, lol.

have a good evening

Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Phoebe - enjoy Inspector Lewis.........I really like those shows but then I'm a sucker for most British mysteries. I am very sorry to hear of Jim's test results. I'll pray things will work out for the best.

When will you hear about your MRI results?

Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    phoebe Jim need to get on my low carb diet. .I have not had but one shot today. Will test it again before I go to bed to see if I need a fast acting insulin. I been having to many lows this week so I am just taking what I need.to. And I feel better.I bought Kroger meatballs there homestlye with no carbs and they are delish. I know prepare food is not good for us but I just cannot fix the things like that anymore I know you can't make him but I hope he will listen to the doctor. I was afraid my kidney count would be higher but was not after eating all of this meat. I sure hope he does not have to go on insulin. It is no fun.Tomorrow will be beans will have to check the net carbs out and see how much I can have. Probable a measly 1/2 cup.But if that is what it takes that will be it. Keep us update on you MRI.
    tell Jim he cannot deny it any longer He is a diabectic Good night going to check my blood sugar and go to bed
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    in searching for my problems. I think I actually Hid it from me. But can not find how to unhide it. Anybody knows How? I don't really know how to hide a topic. Too much to learn at once.

Marie
  • linder4866
    I am trying to take a bit of time each day to just navigate around here..........I'm happy others are experts here. So sorry Marie I don't know how to unhide anything---I don't know how to hide something to start with!

Back to it............have a great day everyone.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Happy Saturday!! :D High will be in the 50's today, fall has arrived but still hoping for Indian summer. :p
    Babe is going to watch his granddaughter play in three different softball games today so I am going to go feed Daisy and walk her. I am going to bring her back to my house, walk her here and then bring her up to wait for Babe, if she co operates. We walked yesterday and they came up but she gets restless and wants to go home. She starts whining and looking at Babe as if to say let's go. So I am hoping without him here she will settle down and learn to like my place. If not then I will take her back home. :(

Marie, did you find what you were looking for? I am not sure what it is you are asking. Wow, I just hit the wrong button and thought I lost my post but I hit my back button and it reappeared thank goodness. It will take time to get to know how to do all this but we are smart so we will learn.

Lin, are you home or traveling??

Phoebe, praying for good results on your back. Is there a reason truck drivers can't drive if taking insulin? Is it because of diabetic comas? My dad was a truck driver who gave himself shots everyday and he drove until he had to have his leg amputated. New rule maybe????

Kind of a lazy Saturday but maybe I will see if I can go visit with Robby before taking care of Daisy.
    Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    Sandy. I think somehow I deleted My fitness pal on the page. Where you got all of the picture of people just our chat topic. I can get to all off the others such as Our Birthdays. but I sure miss The page where all of our topics are posted.. Unless I have overlook it. remember the one that said where I have posted in yes I am sure we will survives all of this.. I do like the graphic and the picture posting, so not complaining. I really think I hid it somehow I will keep checking in with MFP about this
    Marie