Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Marie, the page with the list of topics is whats been changed. It is not the way it used to be. The closest thing to it has a cartoon picture of people and below you see the photo of the golden sneakers.

Lin, I dont really know when I will hear about the test results. Im supposed to come back when i feel the need to do more treatment to my back pain, (nerve block). Im in no rush because the pain is under control without pills, and that is what i wanted most. I love british mysteries and many dramas too. Well, comedy as well, like Doc Martin.

Sandy, i dont know when it was made a rule, but type 1 diabetics cannot have a cdl. Get Daisy some special treats for your home omly. And if you can bring one of her toys or a blanket too.

Marie, Jim will eat what he wants, or he wont eat much. He wont watch his carbs. He is not eating as much though, but his sugar is not controlled. It was 294 first thing this morning before food. He believes all the readings were high because hes been sick.

I like to try new teas and things when the grocery store puts them on a half price table. They arent expired, i dont know why they they're on sale. Today i got some tea. One is called Natural herbs by Badia. It said it is a slimming tea. So I had a cup, the directions say one cup per day. Then i googled the ingredient, theres only one. It is basically a senna tea, which translate to a laxitive! So i have that to look forward to, lol! And it is working, I think.

See you all tomorrow

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    That is the page I goof up on the golden sneaker topic it is no longer there. the others are I either hid it or delete it somehow. The sneaker Birthday is still there. And the others. But no Sneakers topic. Now I can't find out how to get in touch with MFP Think aI will play wit one of the topics I do care if I do lose it.

I really don't like it that they do not have the person that posted last
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,168 Member
    Options
    2276854gjtgb53azf.gif

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    How cute Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.

Mark Twain
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Marie open this link and once it opens click on the star to bookmark it

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10000425/senior-golden-sneaker-2014/p3
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    well, I coasted through finding this today, but worried for PHOEBE and her dear JIM! Unfortunately, my DH also thinks diabetes rules are for everyone else, not him! When I pointed out , this afternoon, that he has lost about 16 pounds since we moved here, he became quite agitated and shouted I didn't know what I was talking about! I notice a bit more deterioration weekly, and sometimes almost daily.
    Had my last major laser treatment
    yesterday. Small injections will be used from time to time, if needed. aside from minor swelling, I think the legs are showing improvement in fewer discolorations and less swelling. Only time will tell! Went out to dinner tonight, using one of our gift certificates received last February from my son,
    Forgive me, but I see the screen is filling with lines of a single letter, indicating I'm dozing off! I certainly AM sleepy, having gone to bed this morning close to 4 AM! I did read today's posts, and wanted to comment, but cannot stay awake! Be well, hear? And I'll return perhaps tomorrow.
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    PS...no edit button on my post!!!
    Options
    Sandy, it might help Marie and others if we put this thread in the discussions area. That way at least the last person to post will show. What do you think?
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Apologies for not keeping up with you all at the moment. It's a busy time for me, even the bees still need looking after with regular feeds of sugar syrup and I now have a rat problem in the chicken run so must set to this afternoon with poison and a night-time motion camera set up to see exactly what I'm dealing with. Not the sort of pictures you'll want me posting here though!! Also have to get grass cut at the allotment, hopefully for the last time this year. If I find time I'll read all your posts this evening.

Marie ~ Loved the Mark Twain quote.... that man had insight into everything!!

Have a lovely Sunday.
    Peace and love <3
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I agree---if we could move out of the announcement area there would not be the *Dismiss* button option in the discussion section (lower section on the page with the seniors picture). By hitting that button I assume is how you could very easily lose the place where we're posting. Since it's next to the star it would be easy to do for me at least with my arthritic fingers.

Morning ladies. Church today. Just took a nice warm shower and need my hair to dry before I leave this morning. It's chilly out there. The yogurt is done and the jars are in the refrigerator. Will make some hot spicy tea to take with me. That has really tasted great since I got this upper respiratory virus.

Talk to you later my friends!!

Lin
  • Sandydur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :D I have taken off the announcement so our Golden Sneakers should be in discussions now. I hope that helps everyone find us who might be having trouble. Let me know if it works better for you. And Marie , I hope you don't mind but I am using your picture as our founder in the heading.

Babe isn't feeling well, he thinks he has the flu, so he isn't going to Mass today. I might try a Church near my apartment as it will be closer. It is chilly at 48 so will probably curl up on the couch with the fireplace when I get home. I had Daisy here last night without Babe and she settled down and finally went to sleep. He said she slept late this morning so I must have worn her out. :D

Time to eat and get ready, enjoy your Sunday.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Sandydur
    Options
    563639a6vwt16zeh.gif
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say Good Morning to everyone as I try to find my way around on this site since all of their changes. Hope they are still working on this because between these changes and computer issues that are
    getting very frustrating my desire to enjoy my coffee with this site is being definitely challenged. Need to run
    but will drop by later to see if there are any changes with all of my computer issues and to get caught up on the thread. Enjoy your day...

:) Diane
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh I do like this much better And Thanks you Sandy for putting my pictures On it. Much easier more understandale and do like to see who posted last. Back in business Alice just got all of the MFP in a folder on my favorite. Nice Did not know we had this feature Learniing more each day.

Marie
    1620927ltjjqwuc3o.gif
    I really do
    Options
    Thank you, Sandy!♥♥♥ It looks more like before, and will be easier to find the posts. Hope Babe will be ok. After what Jim went thru, I urge you to tell him to go to the doctor sooner rather than later. Jim got a prescription for Tamiflu. They also tested him to see if he had the flu. (He didn't ) So there are some wicked viruses going around that I don't recall having heard of in years past. It's a bit scary. I think I told ya'll the doctor and nurse wore masks. I am still not sick, and so glad about that.
    If Jim weren't a commercial driver, I think he would already be on insulin. They are really trying to help Jim keep his profession. Even if this is not yet the end of his cdl career, I should be thinking about what I want to do if it happens. I think im most suited to caregiving or animal related work.

our house is partially painted, lol, and will be that way for a while longer. We may need to hire someone to do it. Maybe some of the guys at work would want to make extra money. It wont be me, I hate ladders!

Jackie, Diane and Buzz, so good you made it here, sorry about your computer problems, rats, and Mike's spiral.

Lin, Marie, Sandy, and those who have yet to pop in, have a special Sunday.

Today is my refill meds day, laundry day, and I would like to clean the floors but it is football day on tv so that's out. ;)

Phoebe
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Is it just me or Are not many people in our group posting anything. I seem to only see a few posts.
    Sandy, my quilt is just scraps of fabric that I have had left over from many other projects. Not a real design in the fabric. Just tried to choose pastels so that I could make it into a baby quilt.
    Also the other day you mentioned I get in a 2 mile walk plus the swim. Actually I drive to the pool in the mornings when I go because it is only 5 am and I am afraid to go out walking in the dark in the streets of Cairo at that time of day. I only walk in the day light hours. Unless I have driven to the school and walk around the track in the dark before school hours. They do have flood lights up in the school around the track most of the time but I never take to the streets early before the sun comes up for my walks. Just wanted to clear that up.
    Hope all is good for everyone. I will post a pic of me and a gal from Ghana that attends our church over here. I thought here hair style was so cute this week. Phyllis
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My day today

had my coffee and shower early this morning. Alice came out and got my faverites all clear out and into folders for me. So my faverites are all nice and clean. I only have 9 favorite showing. so much easier Finding things in my embroidery I did not know I had Alice went to Panera and pick up lunch . I had a 1/2 broccoli soup and 1/2 order of cobb salad. all for less than 15 carbs. Now I am waiting for the cowboys game to start in a few minutes. Not sure about dinner yet?
    Sandy sure hope Babe do not get too sick.
    phoebe glad Jim is on the mend. now he just need to admit he is highly allergic to carbs od is my co pilot on my diabetic from now on.
    Jackie good to hear from you Good evening Phyllis wherever time of day it is to you Hi diane
    Buzz you too.Lin I did not forget you. and how is your day going?

Got to get my supper going.
    Marie
    Half time and cowboys are ahead.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Back again.........the day evaporated again. Went to Trader Joe's, then to church, then a stop at Walgreen's on the way home. Did some walking around the house, chopped up some fresh vegetables for a huge salad. Tried to talk to my dad. Read the end of a book while eating my lunch. Tried to chase down why I've not received a credit for a pair of shoes I returned in September. My dad called again and didn't remember anything we'd discussed earlier. Watching PBS now---reruns of Downton Abbey and then Inspector Lewis. Dentist's appointment in the morning---just going to have my teeth cleaned and fingers crossed they don't find any other cracked teeth that require a crown.

3371925attlbgqpk1.png

May angels watch over you.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    For Our Canadian Sneakers..........for tomorrow

1659540do3ia84fp1.gif