Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    On the go so much yesterday I managed to strain back muscles and lose a tooth filling so am about to phone my dentist. Thinking of you today Lin and hoping you get yours sorted. Unfortunately as wonderful as our NHS is there will be a long wait for me as I'm not in pain and the system is becoming more overloaded by the month!

Shirley ~ Don't worry, my floral shoes won't be worn anywhere other than dry areas and as you know, it's not often that way here in Cornwall!! I love the idea of you planting butterfly friendly shrubs and hope it's a general trend in your part of the world. I'm sure Lin will be happy to count the numbers for you!! :p

Anne ~ I'm guessing you won't have got an undisturbed night for Gilly's first night in her new home! She sounds like a real live wire and happy to be living with you and I'm sure her first trip to the vet won't be too traumatic for her. Enjoy your first full day with her and definitely take a nap every time she crashes out!!

Sandy ~ The sun certainly has a reviving affect on me and as soon as I pull back the bedroom curtains and see that brightness I'm cheerful whereas low clouds and rain start me off in a bad mood! Perhaps I should be living in Spain or Italy!! Yesterday was my first proper introduction to my bees since they swarmed into the hive last summer so I took things quietly and chatted to them as I worked, even hummed a tune but they didn't seem to like that and became a bit "buzzy" so I soon stopped!! They seem to have set up a very nice home and their queen is busily laying eggs to expand the colony so I've added more frames for them to work on producing honey to feed them and me!!

Although my back is aching I'm going to have to finish clearing a few areas that I started yesterday because we are promised a thunderstorm tonight then I'll pop out for some fresh veggies and salad for the weekend.

Wishing everyone a lovely Friday. Do we know if Jeri is safe and far away from the fires in Alberta? Let us know Jeri.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just me, trying to get a quick nap on the sofa with Jilly snoozing next to me. We are both worn out. Wonderful day yesterday, not such a wonderful night.
    Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Anne - Puppies are fun but at the beginning with training and getting them settled into your routine takes time. Don't get too tired, she such a cutie.

Patsy - Happy to hear Katie has no worms and is a healthy pup. So much fun to play with.

Lin - My last day for the Fibit challenge and then I will take a rest. I have a walk planned this afternoon to add some more steps. It's beautiful out and a perfect day for it.

Jackie - Your busy time of year with the allottment and your bees. May your days be warmer and sunny.

Sandy - Hope you get the invite, I won't see my kids, one is off to Quebec for a week and Kathy will be
    celebrating her Mother's Day with Isaac. We are taking my MIL out for brunch on Sunday at the golf
    club here in town.

I had yoga this morning and went to visit my MIL while Dave is working on the boat and its so nice out
    I think I will take my walk.

Shirley

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Still have the cold, but they usually last 7 days or a week anyway! Except for being stuffy and having a bit of laryngitis it hasn't been too bad, so I'm lucky. Mike has not caught it, either!
    SANDY, I hope that invitation was just an oversight! And maybe you didn't win this week because next week is the big one!!!
    GAYLA, how exciting about the latest progeny! Loads of luck with all of them!
    ANNE, I just love the name change! Gilly is adorable...or is it Jilly???
    SHIRLEY, I know you be supportive of your back neighbor, poor family! I guess we must all count whatever blessings we have, as we do see others with many more concerns always! Hope your internet problems are short-lived!
    LIN, you are one busy dude! I thought of you today watching a commercial for something called Vita Pulse. It's an acid proof (to get beyond stomache acids) pill containing NAC, Glutathione, PQQ and CoQ10, and I fell for it after I turned it down at the "bargain" price and they made 2 more offers I couldn't resist! Of course I could spend hours preparing food, as you do, but I'm expecting miracles. I did not know statins destroy the body's CoQ10! I've been on them for years, and perhaps that's why my metabolism and fat cells are so out of whack!...Aren't those puzzles fun to do? We always have jig saw puzzles on a lobby table.
    PATSY, what an interesting family history! I don't think I knew you lived in Alaska. One of our late members, whom I'm sure MARIE, SANDY, and others recall (I'm awful on names) was a really spunky women used to write about her Alaskan experiences. She wrote beautiful stories for us to enjoy! It's nice remembering our departed members from time to time!
    JACKIE, sorry about your strained back and lost filling, but you DO push yourself to the limit! And you certainly make bee-keeping sound terrific. Sorry about them rejecting your singing!!!
    ANother week end coming up! Does anyone else feel they appear so quickly? Where do my weeks disappear?
    881096qd0zw3em92.gif
    <3 buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,193 Member
    Options
    Jackie, so sorry about your back and your tooth!! You are so active---I hate to hear your back is bothering you. At the dentist's office today the receptionist was telling me a story about a local guy who decided he wanted to learn about bees. So he read and asked questions and then invested in everything needed to be a beekeeper and got a hive last year. He worked with them, checked on them, but the bees did not like him apparently, they left. How heartbreaking for him. He gave up.

Shirley, all right, time to get the boat ready for the year. Soon you'll be off sailing again!!

Buzz, I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Oh gosh, whatever supplement you purchased, I hope you find it helpful. There are so many drugs that we take that can have totally unhealthy ramifications for us. Sorry to hear that. I trust you can return it if you are not satisfied.

Patsy, you have had a very interesting life indeed. Where did you live in Alaska?? When I was married, we always got three puppies at a time. Looking back, that was madness. But at the time, it seemed right.

Did the Qigong and Tai Chi this morning. Stopped at a landscaping/nursery on the way home. Only purchased a couple of little herb plants. After lunch it was time for the tooth fix. I am happy to have a whole tooth again. I think this veneer is even smoother and overall better than the old one. It was so nice and hot and windy that I stopped and shopped in a few stores on the way home and just browsed. It was fun. Having supper now and then off to a class this evening. It is about the use of foam rollers. If boring, I will duck out.

Thinking about tomorrow and still am undecided regarding that picnic. I am leaning toward skipping it. I guess I will decide in the morning.

Be well. Be safe.

Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz the name was Irene. Such a lovely lady.We had Jeri and Irene going thru the same thing. thanks god Jeri came out of it just fine.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Up at my computer at 5 AM researching what to do for gout! Printed 3 pages and will do an ice wrap when I get up again! I think I ate every no-no on the Mayo Clinic list this past week! No wonder I cannot walk.
    LIN, The supplements came with a 90 day guarantee, money back, and the doctor is very reputable and I double-checked credentials. He is a high level cardiologist at Cedar-Sinai Hospital in CA. I printed out all the guarantees. I stopped taking statins at the behest of MY cardiologist, and it seems the latest thought is cholesterol is not the demon it was thought to be, unless you have high LDLs. HDLs are good!
    Anyway, I will grab a couple of Aleve, put a few pillows under my right foot , and try to sleep a bit. And I will add back those 8 glasses of water I stopped drinking, and get serious about losing weight! Maybe this gout attack will be the trigger that makes me behave!
    Yes, MARIE, IRENE was that lovely brave woman's name. Thank you!
    Everybody, have a super Saturday!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) I didn't get a chance to post yesterday as I met my ex DIL for a drink at an outside patio of a restaurant. It was such a beautiful day I couldn't refuse and it was relaxing.
    Rob did invite me to his house for breakfast for Mother's Day which made me happy. I don't like to go to a restaurant on Mother's Day because it is the busiest day of the year. I will be content to see them in the morning and have the rest of the day to myself. My oldest son asked if there was anything special I wanted and I asked him for a gift card to Home Depot so that when I get back from Arizona I can buy some flowers for my balcony.
    Today I will make an appearance at the wake of the mother of a distant friend. She really is just a friend of another friend so my visit won't be long. I hope to go to Mass at 5:00 so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. Now you are all caught up on my life. LOL

Buzz, my FIL used to get gout and it is very painful, I do hope you get some relief. I hope your cold is gone soon, I still remember how bad I felt with mine that lasted six weeks. It would be great to win that jackpot, especially with two vacations coming up soon.

Marie, didn't Irene write a book or something that she let us read? She was one of the kindest people and always happy even knowing she was soon to die.

Shirley, new mothers really just want to spend their Mother's Day with their kids and I don't blame them. I think that is why they asked me for breakfast instead of dinner, so Lisa could have the rest of the day with her son. (and husband) Enjoy your brunch with your MIL, it sounds perfect.

Anne, I can tell you sound exhausted but it will all be worth it soon. Rest when she rests but if it gets too tiring, have your son come to help you. You are tough, so hang in there. Don't forget pictures, lots of pictures.

Lin, very interesting that the bees didn't like the guy and just left him. Jackie will have to explain that to us and why that might have happened.

Jackie, your bees must love you, they have been with you a long time. You are a great bee keeper and they must know that. Where did you learn how to take care of bees? Still not my favorite insect by the way. lol

Patsy, any new pictures of Katie? She is going to be a big girl if she doubled her weight already. Glad she is healthy with no problems.

Jeri, check in if you can, to let us know you and your family are okay.

Sorry if I missed anyone but I have to catch up on my computer and some of my games.

Have a great Saturday!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello dear ones! The kid is asleep and I have an enormous laundry stacked up to do but I am here on my iPad instead. Uneasy news these days and we are all fearful for our Canadian friends. You are in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless you and keep you!

Here is the reason I can take one moment and read about your activities. I decided to get those hanging decorative wind socks instead of painting a mural for out door color. The paints fade and crack in the sun and rain.

Time to make friends with the washing machine!
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    qgn68uhv5j5z.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Patsy....thank you for sharing. <3<3<3<3<3
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,193 Member
    Options
    Awwwww!! Thanks indeed. What a darling. <3<3<3<3

Hazy here today. It is apparently smoke from the Canadian fires.

I have decided to skip the picnic. Doing laundry and some veggie cooking. Balancing bank accounts and other odds and ends.

Wishing all the moms a wonderful week-end.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Well I finished the Fitbit Workweek Hustle as many have seen on FB. I did win the competition with
    60, 752 steps for the week.

My hubby is at a BBQ cooking class with his friend Paul who asked him. I took my MIL to the Farmers
    market which opened today and she had never been there. We also strolled down to a store I thought
    she would like with books and dishes and all sorts of things. I ended up buying a plate, a wooden carving of a sailor behind the wheel, and some note pads with magnets for the fridge. They also have
    a great section of toys and books for kids. We had lunch too and the weather was glorious with no jackets or sweaters.

I just finished my neighborhood walk and will do my 10 min meditation for losing weight. Yes...you heard right, my daughter downloaded 21 talking videos on losing weight. Actually they are really good,
    if they help, time will tell. One good thing about the cooking class, we get to eat what he made. B)

I never knew Irene but she sounded interesting.

I don't know if anyone had trouble getting on the Newsfeed, I did and couldn't all day yesterday.

Patsy - Such a cutie your puppy is. Too bad about the outdoor painting but I think you are a little busy
    right now.

Lin - Those poor families in Fort McMurray which most are in shelters and then they have to leave
    because the fires are getting close and they have no where to go. So sad. <3
    Yes Dave would rather be at the boat than the cooking class, but this was planned ahead of time.

Jackie - May your back recover, nothing worse then not being able to do things.

Anne -How is Jilly/Gilly, which one is it? You must be very tired chasing around with her. :o

Buzz- Unfortunately colds last 7 to 10 days whether you want it or not. Feel better soon my friend.

Sandy - Glad you got invite for tomorrow, enjoy your family.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    1236137mz7pylwx1x.jpg[/url]

I hope all the Mom's have a wonderful weekend with your family!!

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    I still sound scary to people who for some reason have no desire to catch my cold, so another night eating up in my little kitchen, but then I maybe can finally do that ice pack for the gout.
    PATSY, what a delicious snoozing puppy! By the way, I like wind socks and windmills. My son's yard in Germany was always filled with them, and he moved them back to Hawaii, and now Cape May, NJ, where they are the delight of his community! Just enjoy!
    SANDY, I knew they would ask you for Mother's Day. And breakfast gives you the rest of the day to luxuriate in whatever pleases you!
    LIN, with all the smoke, Staying indoors makes sense. Relax, whatever you do!
    SHIRLEY, where did your daughter find video on weight loss? I need to lose more than I ever did! And the meditation is so marvelous; you have really set excellent goals, and they are so varied!
    I tried talking to the billing department about my new bundle amount from Internet/telephone, etc which went up this month almost $30.00, and my community pays for TV! No inflation?...Says who??? On top of that, I've lost around 2000 days on MFP, despite being here every single day! Oh well, c'est la vie :'(
    2787394zgbo2a3jd6.gif
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Buzz I lost mine too. but reported it and got it back. I am sure you can too.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    1106241cyq8lup5ij.gif
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello All

Sandy we are fine. Had some busy busy days getting ready for the BD party. It was today and we all had a good time. So much work. I told Ed that is the last one we are having. Hahaha. 13 adults, 10 kids. I made lots of appetizers, pulled pork, coleslaw, fruit salad and chicken strips for kids. Followed by cake and cupcakes with sorbet. Lots of noise, fun and catching up with old good friends. It was so nice for them to see our girls and their kids. In some cases it had been years since they saw each other. Mel and Melissa really enjoyed it too.

We are all reeling from the horrible Ft McMurray fires. None of our family is directly affected by them. Feel so bad for everyone. They say it is so bad that the only thing that will stop it is rainy weather and that is not in the forecast. Around 90,000 people have been evacuated.

But I'm exhausted and look forward to doing nothing tomorrow.

Have a great day tomorrow and celebrate Mother's Day.

Jeri

• Shirley61
    Options
    Have a wonderful day today! Sitting eating my oatmeal and waiting for the buffet later today. Light eating all around until then. LOL

Buzz- I will find out where my daughter got the talking meditation on weight loss. She is away in Quebec right now with her boyfriend. I will email her.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2203603s30ohx67cy.gif

Happy Mother Days. have a great one.

Marie