Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day! Low key day, our kids are slammed with work and will not be able to drop by. My sweet husband gave me a huge bouquet of Mother's Day flowers. He says he is in charge of Mother's Day. I am in charge of mothering Miss Katie. She started the day early and unfortunately had a living room accident. There are times when I feel like potty training is going well and then other times when I feel we are taking a giant step backward! I also have moments when I think I have bite off more than I can chew. However, we are into the puppy raising thing now. There is no turning back now. We love her and she is a huge handful. We are not bored! We are getting lots of exercise! Katie is growing up fast!

It is very strange how people our age are so devoted to their animals. For the most part, the people shopping happily in Petsmart are our age. Gray-haired folks with dogs of every size and breed shopping for needs and wants for their pets. It is too wonderful.

Sandy: do you bet on the Kentucky Derby? We always do! But it is usually in the manner of who gets to do the dishes after dinner. Wow! It was fun to watch the whole spectacle.

The fires in Canada are so scary. How will it ever get put out? I remember when Texas had one wildfire after another and it lasted at least a year.
    Patsy
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day! Being lazy here. Time for more coffee. B)<3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    http://www.thegabrielmethod.com/21-day-weight-loss-meditation-optin/

Buzz Here is the link I promised you for the meditation to lose weight. You will have to
    download it but I think you can manage that, I needed help.

Shirley
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    3024573ybpny8qodr.gif
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day for those of us celebrating!! For our Canadian and UK friends, I hope your day is wonderful. Mine is great, starting out with breakfast made by my son and then a video call with all of my children where Rob and Lisa announced they are pregnant. I already knew but they wanted Rob's siblings to know. They are really not announcing it yet, so please don't mention it on Facebook. It is very early and they want to wait a couple of months but I am telling you because well you know, we have no secrets!! :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who have furry children. You are the best moms ever!!

Enjoy your day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hope you're all having a good day. Jeri, you amaze me with the food preparation s, I guess all the practice makes it easier the next time.
    Marie, sorry Alice didn't make it to you, I read on Facebook that she has strep throat.
    Sandy, hope you enjoyed your breakfast, and I hope you are indulging in a nice nap!
    Jackie, I'm hoping your out in your garden, with a sunny day, and not too cold please!
    Lin, I know you've been to church, but have a fun day as well.
    Buzz, hope you aren't self quarantined for much longer. Enjoy a special Mother's Day dessert ;)
    Shirley, I'm curious about the recording and if it can help. I'm terrible at being interested and then losing it.
    Marcella, I hope you are feeling better now. Enjoy that coffee for me too. ♥
    Patsy and Anne, hug the sweet babies for me. I love the photos.

My aunt called this morning to tell me that she has been diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae in the lower back. Seems she was cleaning out dresser drawers, by pulling them out and carrying them to her bed. I tried to persuade her to get a walker and Use it.
    We are in sunny California, spent the night, and we're waiting to get our load going to North Carolina. Not at all hot here. I'm under the quilt.
    We had Subway tuna sandwiches for mother's day, and a Cinnabon for dessert, not too bad to me!
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi dahlins! So far Mothers' Day has been lovely. The kids all checked in, I received a beautiful bouquet from 2 of them, and a hearty good wishes from the 3rd, and that's fine with me! After a huge buffet luncheon ( concentrated on an egg benedict and crepes suzette, Mike and I sat at the pool soaking up perfect weather, low humidity, for a bit. He made some supper, and examining my list, I could not eat tuna, so I must learn substitutes. We will go up shortly to watch Lady in a Van with dear Maggie Smith, and the early to bed, I hope, as the gout has been keeping me awake! I feel blessed, being amongst real live people once more!
    PHOEBE, so sorry for your aunt and her fracture. Hope she heals soon.
    SANDY, my fingers will stay crossed that all goes well with your new expectation!
    Shirley, thank you so much. I will download it along with an article from the New Yorker which sounds so interesting, based on Plato's work regarding successful democracies, by Andrew (not certain about first name) Sullivan.
    Must run now. Have a great rest of the day!
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a great Mother's Day, even if I spent most of it with my eyelids propped open with matchsticks as it were, figuratively speaking!
    This is because Jilly wakes me up around 1 am. I totter into the garden where she does her "thing". We totter back to bed and cage respectively where she whines for a bit and then falls asleep, I on the other hand can't seem to drop off again. Then of course, come morning, and she fully rested, she zooms around the house like a miniature torpedo. Apparently, or so I'm told, a puppy has no control over its bladder until it's at least 3 months old. That means we are out and about every hour during the day with mainly success. She's just about p pad trained as well. Now I've put you all off your teas/dinners with that bit of information........sorry! I'm also told all this lasts about a year at which point Jill and Katie will be demure young ladies. Must tell you, she's decided her carry bag is a toy box and spends a good part of the day stuffing her toys in it. Actually she pulls them in, thus then being unable to get out again! It's quite funny watching her squeeze her tiny bottom over the toys to crawl to the opening.
    I saw the family who all oohed and aahed over the latest family member. Yes, I think I'll keep her!!!!! even if the last of my girlish looks (aah) are down the sinkhole.
    Well, that was Mother's Day that was.
    Washday tomorrow should be interesting! She is too small to attempt the basement steps.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options
    Good evening - it sounds as if pretty much everyone has had a good (or at least ok) day. We are expecting a couple of days of rain.

Another great night of programs on PBS. Just watched Father Brown and am looking forward to the remainder of the line-up this evening. I have never watched The Good Wife so am not tempted to watch the ending of the show.

Hugs. And let's all get some rest!!

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had a great Mother day here with my loving husband. He bought me a small bowl of real nice strawberries ready trim of leaves and read to eat. i had it for my breakfast. When he gave it to me i thought it was a strawberry cake which I could not have. My lunch was a salad with dice steam potatoes with Italian dressing Dinner was a steam potatoes with onions and ketchup small salad.Bedtime snack will be Blackberries. no phoebe Alice was still down with the stripped throat . Blaine and his family was out Friday night . Kathy was out this morning.
    I have joined another Senior group on this Mc Dougall Starch solution plan. real nice group of ladies. I am learning a lot thru them.They are willing to put up with this crazily old woman. Of course I am the oldest. I have spent a lot of time with them today.

Marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A shower of rain has arrived so I'm in my cottage wondering whether to do a bit of wall painting that needs to be finished in my dining room where recent sunshine has shown me missed patches or to type up my beekeeping diary for 2016. Having walked on the moors and then clambered in and out of the hen house doing my best to clean it as Black Rock Ella tried to squeeze into a half finished nest box, the 2 broody Wyandottes paced outside chortling to each other about the indignity of being pushed out and Squeak thought it would be fun to fly on to my bent figure to whisper in my ear, my back is once again aching but I'm sure it is only complaining muscles so can live with it.

Lin ~ That man who wanted to be a beekeeper should have spoken to a few with lots of experience because the best advice I was ever given was to expect bees to do whatever they want however much you follow books, rules and guidance from those who think they know best. They say if you ask a group of beekeepers how to approach a problem they will each give a different answer, it's that complex a hobby, basically because they are wild so the label "beekeeper" is wrong because we can never keep them!! With that sort of information I'd have hoped he wouldn't have given up after just one year of trying because my bees disappeared early last year, who knows where but I now have a strong colony that had swarmed from a local apiary and flew into my empty hive.... it's an ever evolving life they live in an effort to expand and survive. The Good Wife is a series I watched from the start and loved but for some reason this last series clashed with other things going on and by the time I thought to catch up on the internet the first few episodes had been removed and not realising it was the last until your post, I'm now cross with myself!! There are obscure websites that allow free access but I don't trust them not to load my computer with lots of unwanted malware!

Anne ~ Scruffs mum adopted her at 12 weeks and went through a similar pattern of night pee calls but once she got her into a pattern of going outside at bedtime and early in the morning (6 am!!) the middle of the night disturbances soon stopped. It's very early days for her to be getting used to sleeping on her own but I'm sure she'll already be feeling safe and secure in her cage at night. For all that my friend did say never, ever again and she's younger than me so I appreciate what you're going through!!

Sandy ~ Really my bees tolerate me rather than love me (except for my humming a tune!!) and I've just learned to do my best to think I'm keeping one step ahead of them when in reality I'm not at all because apart from obvious tasks the rest is down to luck!!

Patsy ~ Your adorable Katie is a handful but I can imagine she has already not only made herself at home but also made your home as you love it again, with a bundle of joy charging about!

Jeri ~ That was some gathering and cook-fest for you. If it were me I'd have to lie down in a dark room for a fortnight afterwards! My geographic knowledge of your provinces isn't great and our news stories of the wild fires never quite tell us in which region of Alberta they are raging so good to hear from you. Hopefully even a slight change in weather conditions will help.

Buzz ~ How lovely to read you and Mike spent time at the pool just like the good old days!! I know nothing about gout other than old wives' tales but do hope you find something, preferably natural, to help alleviate the pain.

Shirley ~ Until I can find a local class for daytime yoga I'm going to search You Tube to see if something gentle exists on there as I'm sure some exercising and stretching will be of great benefit to my aches!

Decision made, I'm going to start my bee diary while it's still relatively fresh in my head. That and a cup of tea but before that I'll check in my 2 lbs loss last week after a previous 3 lbs gain to the pound a week club. Happy Monday!!

Jackie
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the consequences of different foods in my life intriguing. As long as I avoid highly processed foods, fast foods, even most processed foods and eat organic fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, pastured meats and wild caught fish I'm fine. I have plenty of energy and few cravings. In fact, I feel amazing and can't imagine even wanting anything else. :) BUT --- I decide that I can enjoy a fast food meal, or some processed food that I haven't had in a while and it becomes this unbelievable battle in my mind of cravings, lack of energy and lack of focus. I know the chemicals and ingredients in processed foods are designed to make you want more. But this is crazy! :s My current weight gain began on the way home from our vacation a few weeks ago. I enjoyed some fun, but unhealthy meal choices during the 9 hour drive home and it was downhill for me from there. In total, I gained 5 pounds over the past 3 weeks. :( This weekend, I had to just stop and focus on taking back control. Hopefully, I have learned my lesson this time. As of this weekend, I'm back to healthy and I'm all in with the lifestyle! :D

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy week, <3
    Marcella
    Options
    Marcella your post is more informative than many published articles I've seen. Mostly because the message is from someone known to me. Thank you. Good for you!
    Jackie, glad to hear about your chickens and bees today. Take care of your sore back.
    Must go, take care
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey its me

Been hanging out with Jerry today .watching TV
    tomorrow we go to the store for our big weekly shopping.

Gotta go to check on laundry
    Marie

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Time taken up today with renewing license, parking permit, typing letters about credits for incorrect billing, hunting for mail that did not arrive, spending time sitting at the welcome desk.....in other words, taking care of STUFF! And reading about the "science" of beekeeping, dieting, fast food horrors, and ...well, glad MARIE got he lovely strawberries!l
    Now, I must get a shoe back on my gouty right foot and get down to dinner! Hugs, everyone!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :) Had a good day with Robby even with his runny nose. He got a shot last week and I think it from that but it could be a cold with this goofy weather. Cool today and rain in the forecast so not a good week. I am mentally packing and thinking of what I have to get done for my Arizona trip. Really looking forward to the R&R.

Have a great evening.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Marie, what a lovely day and what a DH to get you fresh strawberries. I hope no storms head your way tonight. Have a good shopping trip tomorrow.

Jackie, thanks for your insight on that gentleman's beekeeping fiasco. I don't know why he gave up but I Would imagine he was downhearted about losing the bees. Sorry you are working so hard that you are causing some aches and pains. Your chickens should be pleased that you work so hard on their behalf. I am not sensing that you are receiving a lot of love from them.

Marcella, I wish I would experience the benefits you receive from staying away from processed foods. I am whole food plant based and pretty much make all my own food. I purchase a lot of Organics and I really don't seem to see any benefit. I wish I did. I would love to be the poster child of excellent health. I am not much of an example for this way of eating.

Phoebe, you take care. Hope you are not driving in the storms.

Buzz, there are so many little things to tend to. Glad you got a lot accomplished. I pray your gout goes away!! Hugs.

Sandy, vacation coming soon. How long before leave??

Very wet here early this morning and little drizzle now. I was doing odds and ends today and also finished reading a book. I always wanted to read the autobiography of Jeanne Cooper. It was interesting. I have watched Y&R on and off for as long as I can remember. There have been long periods of time when I didn't see the show but I can always catch up in a couple of days. :D

I have a haircut appointment tomorrow. Need to pick up a Rx. Going to coloring club in the afternoon.

Hugs dear friends.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Hi Ho! My life is going to be a tad easier soon! The contractor is coming tomorrow to begin the fence repair. John and have had to take Katie on a leash to attend to puppy potty training. But we have to do this 300 or 400 TIMES A DAY! Well..maybe not quite that many times but almost !

We have a gray misty day today. The Katie and I are doing laundry and then a clean up in the dungeon. I am sure I mentioned that I have a huge collection of wonderful children's story books. Some of the
  • oystereyes
    Options

oystereyes wrote: »
    Hi Ho! My life is going to be a tad easier soon! The contractor is coming tomorrow to begin the fence repair. John and I have had to take Katie on a leash to attend to puppy potty training. But we have to do this 300 or 400 TIMES A DAY! Well..maybe not quite that many times but almost !

We have a gray misty day today. The Katie and I are doing laundry and then a clean up in the dungeon. I am sure I mentioned that I have a huge collection of wonderful children's story books. Some of the drawings are amazing. I will probably keep a lot of them just to look at the great drawings and illustrations. I do need to let some of my art books go. Too many and some are redundant.

Ordered some wind socks for the decks. Ordered a new kind of makeup. (Hope springs eternal, as we all know,)
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif

yeah I hit the 170's this morning. now it is my turn to get to the 160;s hopefully by my Birthday in Nov. Gong Ho

I am a
    2577598blzvh0tf2u.gif
    Marie