Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif

yeah I hit the 170's this morning. now it is my turn to get to the 160;s hopefully by my Birthday in Nov. Gong Ho

I am a
    2577598blzvh0tf2u.gif
    Marie

3074002woh8f3z6s1.gif
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    PATSY, I sympathise with the constant doggie walking. Mines snail paced, and no one to share the pleasure with. And there's so much to sniff at and eat if I'm not careful. I won't be getting fenced in alas, but I am considering a stake in the ground and a longish rope when she's older and I can keep an eye on our Jill. I DO want to give a word of warning though for when you are fenced in. Don't let your defences down! The pup next door who was fenced in could dig a hole and tunnel UNDER our adjoining fence and gallop off at great speed with Joyce his "owner" in hot pursuit. She was forever collecting him up from the dog pound and paying quite a hefty fine after the first great escape. You are allowed one dog catcher pick up here and this dog should have been named Houdini!
    I don't record the morning walking any more YET. Half hour of snail pace is probably 2 cals lost. I think I may have lost a little however. I feel thinner, positively gaunt. Congratulations to MARIE on the spud diet by the way!
    Well it will soon be time for another shuffle around my tiny plot. Wider horizons on the way!
    Anne.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif2944578tc0blasnb1.gif

yeah I hit the 170's this morning. now it is my turn to get to the 160;s hopefully by my Birthday in Nov. Gong Ho

I am a
    2577598blzvh0tf2u.gif
    Marie

That's great! Congratulations!!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Anne and Patsy - Thank you for your doggie updates. Instead of adopting a new dog, I think I may just borrow my neighbor's new puppy and take it for walks! ;)
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    We had our latest shuffle and we met a lovely African couple and their new born baby boy, Odin, named after the Norse god! Jill is certainly widening my social life! Yesterday it was an Arab chap and his gentle old dog, followed by Darren (Canadian) from across the road and then Joyce with Dutch background from next door with her big dog! Acquire a puppy - meet the world! Talking of meeting the world, did anyone notice that Donald if he becomes president will make an exception and let the UKs new London Muslim Lord Mayor into the USA?
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options

I am a
    2577598blzvh0tf2u.gif
    Marie

Wahoo!!!!!!!!! WTG Marie!!!!
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Marie! It is a full time job to get and stay healthy. I am still plugging along and hopefully at least keep going forward, however slowly.

Anne: thanks for the heads up on the fencing. I think you are quite right. I will need to keep Katie under "surveillance" because she is determined to see the great wide world. I am totally in awe of you, my sweet friend. We are constantly saying, this puppy would be impossible if we tried to raise her alone. I think there is little difference in small puppies and large puppies in the beginning. Then each have their own issues and challenges along with their delights. The chewing is huge now. My hands look like I caught them in the garbage disposal unit. Little needle sharp teeth on a playful pup!
  • Jacean2016
    edited May 2016
    Options
    PATSY, with me it's the arm. She was chewing and tugging on my watch strap and the needle teeth slipped a bit. I have to watch her all the time at this stage. She ate something in the garden before you could prize the jaws open. Just hope it wasn't a stone. Whatever, it went down! I will have had Jill a whole week tomorrow and I swear she's grown. In a way it will be a shame when this baby stage is behind us, exhausting though it is. I suspect Katie will be a lovely docile lady but I have my doubts about MY adoptee. I think the huge Pomeranian part of her will always keep her pretty lively and me on my toes. Michael was telling me that Queen Victoria loved Pomeranians but Queen Victoria presumably had servants dashing around doing the dirty work! She "wouldn't have been amused" doing it herself. Does Katie love to hang on to your pant legs and tug? Jilly does but she should get the hang of "no" soon because she learnt her name very quickly. I'm just imagining Queen Victoria with a small dog hanging onto those frilly drawers the aristocrats used to wear!!!
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :) What's sweeter than talk about puppies?? They are just such cute babies it is hard to get angry with them, especially with puppy kisses. lol I still love Daisy's kisses even though she is all grown up. Another rainy day with an active almost two year old. Thank goodness for those long naps he takes.

Such devastating tornadoes yesterday, although three were killed it could have been worse if it didn't happen in such a rural area. I hope none of the sneakers suffered any lose or bad weather because of them.

Lin, I leave May 21 and return May 29. Next trip after that is June 22 - June 29. Can't tell you how much I am looking forward to each.

My brain seems to be more tired than my body, so this is just a short post to check in.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options
    Anne, my friend has had many Pomeranians (full Poms) and they have all quieted down in time. Nice companion dogs actually. She trained them in obedience, and showed them in obedience. They have all been pretty good dogs.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Thanks Lin. She is a little love and I can't imagine life without Jilly now. I've never had a Pom before so it will be interesting how she develops. Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    First, MARIE, CONGRATULATIONS!!! HOORAY FOR YOU!!! :D:p<3 !!! You'll do it!
    Everybody, it's 11:38, and I've had a full day with Mike's Drs (He's doing remarkably well!) unexpected shopping (groceries) and other sundries, and all with my flaming gout foot encased in a hot sneaker (seldom wear closed shoes, but my thongs were killing me). Even driving was painful but necessary. So I apologize for running, but I cannot keep my eyes open!
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, Marie ♥
    Love hearing about the pups.
    Be well, be safe
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Hello everyone! John and his contractor friend are hard at work on the fence. The "razor-toothed, devil puppy from hell" is fast asleep on her morning nap. (Thank the dear lord!) I made a video of Katie doing her devil destroyer performance. Funny and of course John is encouraging this obnoxious behavior! I suspect that it is just regular puppy behavior, in truth. Not sure how to post a video but I will try. As you all know I am not a techie.
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Well, I guess my video didn't post. As I said...I am old school.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    For a change of scenery my friend and I walked our dogs round our local lake just after 9 this morning and let them do as they pleased, sniffing, running, playing and jumping into the water. The 3 mile route took well over an hour and was great exercise for us all. On the way home in the car I came upon 6 wayward lambs running on the road so I stopped, hopped out and guided them towards a locked gate into their field so one by one lifted them up and over so they could run back to their respective mums.... my good deed of the day!! Once home I set to and prepared a large pot of bean casserole before going into town for some groceries then watered all the seeds in the greenhouse while Boris snoozed on a shelf. Tomorrow I swim first thing and then the plan is to spend the day in the garden because there is still so much to do. I've found a yoga for beginners video on you tube and had a quick look but the first challenge will be sitting cross legged on the floor with a straight back..... then getting back up of course because I still have a few aches and twinges!!

Already gone 7pm here and lots of washing up to do after the casserole prep so will finish now and hopefully find more time tomorrow.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.
    Jackie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Wow, Jackie, how much do you think the lambs weighed? They are gentle creatures aren't they?
    Must get to my nap, again :p
    Phoebe
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options

I am a
    2577598blzvh0tf2u.gif
    Marie

Congratulations Marie

Jeri

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi and 'bye for today! Can't seem to catch up with responsibilities, so I read today''s posts, loved 'em all, and I must go pump my legs!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Hi and bye from me as well. Have to get ready for bingo and it looks like rain so I have to leave a little early. Lisa has a doctor's appointment in the morning, she is spotting a little so say a prayer all is okay. She had the same thing with Robby so hopefully there is no problem.
    She won't be bringing Robby until 9:00 AM so I get to sleep in a little.

Will be back tomorrow, have a great night.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time