Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :)Buzz, congrats to Mike on his motorized transportation.....what a difficult conversation about him staying on the medical floor to give you a break....having done just a bit of care with Jake, I know how tiring that can be and what a strain it could put on a marriage if it lasts for a long time... <3 hugs to both of you

:)Lin, I'll tell Jake about the coloring tools you use....he'll be doing a lot of coloring during his recovery.

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) I went for dinner, saw Robby and his parents and had some alone time with Robby. He is just so lovable and gave me kisses and hugs all on his own. Today I am going to my friend's pool but waiting for it to get a little warmer as it is only 74 degrees.

Good to hear from you Lin, I missed you. I am sure it must be the weather not hearing the birds, are there any trees left? What was the reason for taking them down again?

Anne, I have to ask what is a dustbin for the vacationers? Sometimes you are very English! lol Sorry about your pension but as you say it was probably because of the holiday.

Jackie, I do hope you will post a picture of the new table and chairs. Yes, your explanation makes sense, but my head is spinning from all the political nonsense in the States. Enjoy that shake it sounds delicious.

Buzz, so happy to read Mike had a big grin on his face which I am sure made you smile. It sounds like Mike is understanding all the care he needs and wants what is best for him and for you. I know this decision is difficult but take your time and I am sure you will do what is right.

Barbie, traffic was probably a bear with both holidays but you did it!! Congratulations. So glad Jake is home and resting, does he start therapy soon? I bet all the critters were happy to see the both of you and filled you with kisses.

Phoebe, I am sure Honey is glad to be home and getting all the love and attention you are giving her. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her. Now to find that sneaky Chalky!!

Marie, just cause your older than some of us, you still are young at heart. We all slow down as we age and some days are better than others. I hope today is a good day for you and Jerry!!

Jeri, what a great tradition in honor of your mom and a $15 dollar loss is a win to me!!

I better get myself together for my pool day. ( like i really need more sun)

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Whoops SANDY, a dustbin is a trash can. Haven't you heard the dust men's song?
    "My old mans a dust man, he wears a dust mans hat,
    He wears "cor blimey" trousers and lives in a council flat."
    Old man - translation, husband.
    Cor blimey - translation, unbelievable.
    Council flat - translation, affordable rented apartment.
    The song goes on about pulling on his great big working boots, which he calls Daisy roots.
    JACKIE will remember this "classic" of the sixties.
    Dustbins will be forever dustbins for me, lol. The "vacationers", or holiday makers left for their destinations before the "garbage disposal experts" or dustmen had emptied their bins or "cans".
    Whooooo, and we all speak English!
    No wonder our politicians are perplexed when on trade missions, peace talks, etc.
    Anne.
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    For Friday weigh in. Weight update, gained 1lb. Here's me at just over 4lb next to Anne's coffee mug. Jilly bean.
    zzgpjbmgx10b.jpeg
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Oh Happy Day! Our son has crossed the bar and sailed into his little home slip in Portland. It was quite an adventure, to be sure. The worst waves were in the narrow straights between Tacoma and Port Townsend. They crossed the bar at high tide and with 5 ft. Seas. Sounds like a true adventure for him. I am relieved and he is cleaning the boat and planning another trip! OMG!

Getting set now to get back to work in the dungeon. Way behind and feeling itchy to get back to work in there. So much I want to do. So little time to do it.

I have to add a little weights to my exercise regimen. Strap-on light weights to my ankles and will use them on my wrists as well. My arthritis is sending me messages that I must be more attentive. How bothersome!

Buzz! Barbie! Jeri! Marie! Assorted furry loved ones! Get well and know this....I love and care for you all. This is a wonderful group of special folks. Not sure how you all came togather but ever so glad you are there.

Patsy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Trying to catch up we are having our party tonight, pot luck. Last night fireworks sitting on our boat, awesome. Lots of wind here sweeping through the club.

Will read more later.

Shirley
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Anne: just saw Jillys latest photo! That looks like a small black package of dynamite if ever I saw one. We both have our hands full, don't we? No one is bored in our households. She looks like she is just ready to leap into action. (?) plans are being laid as we speak.
    Patsy
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Took my car in this morning for its biannual detail. We did Jim's pick up there yesterday. They had their two children there. Both adorable. The girl was about 5, she told me a story, 3 or 4 minutes long, with lots of arms swirling, twirling, eyes widening and very good expressions. I never understood a single word of it, but I really enjoyed it,lol. #lovekids.
    Jilly is a little charmer, I am smitten. She'd be allowed everything she wanted, I'm afraid.
    Lin, thanks for the pencil brand tip. That may have been my whole problem.
    Barbie, so glad you and Jake are home safe. Hope this surgery does the trick for Jake. How is your pet population?
    Marie, as far as lifting your legs to get into the tub, there is a special bench that sits half in and half out of the tub. You simply sit down, then slide over, lifting one leg over the edge, then the other. Even in small bathrooms, it's still handy. You can stay seated as you dry off and dress.
    Patsy, glad your son has sailed into home port. He must have some experience a already, doesn't he? Give K.T. a hug.
    Sandy, I loved the image of Robby giving his precious nanna hugs and kisses. He knows who loves him. <3
    Buzz, hugs for you, strong lady. Glad Mike has improved so much and he's now on a hot rod :-).
    Almost time for more pills for Honey. It's become a battle, she really fights swallowing them. Pill pockets not working, cheese not working. Using a pill pusher, working sometimes. Sigh, where is sweet easy Honey now?

Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    PATSY, you are so right!!!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening – just another short note! I see my laptop battery is running out!

Buzz, I am glad you had a conversation with Mike and that he is doing quite well but amenable to staying in a higher level of care. I am concerned for your well-being and am so afraid you are not taking enough time for your own care and for rest. I pray all continues to go well.

Phoebe, wow, getting your vehicle detailed. Good for you. I tend to be a slob about the interior of my vehicles and I no longer go to get the paint touched up all the time. Hugs for Honey. How is your aunt now?

Marie, I am sorry you are having problems my friend but I suspect it is part of life. I hope you find solutions and work arounds. Hugs to you and for Jerry as well.

Sandy, enjoy the great weather. Nice and cool. It drizzled quite a bit here today but the temperature was great. The tree story is a long one. I’ll try for a shorter version. Trees needed a big trim---arborist told me they were green ash and if I wanted to save them (after having the expensive trimming done), it would cost a few hundred dollars every 2 years. For $$ sake I elected to just take them down now as they were dying back and would just be quite costly each year and I would still have to have them removed at some point. The End. Now, glad to hear you had time with Robby and that he was so affectionate.

Shirley, you are having another busy weekend yes? Enjoy the potluck and the fireworks.

Patsy, I downloaded the logo and printed it. I am glad your son has arrived in Portland to his home slip. Enjoy some time in your dungeon.

Anne, I adore the newest picture of Jilly. What a dynamo! I knew what a dustbin is as well as a council flat but have never heard the song!

Jackie, I watch BBC News for a while each day. I still cannot keep up with the politics of the situation other than everyone lied before the vote! Oh and a non-political subject, rain has caused problems with play at Wimbledon. And I wish I had more hair! I just have a bit of fine hair and can dry it with a blow dryer in a few minutes now. I too would like to see a photo of the table and chairs! Your milk shake sounded wonderful so I made some banana cocoa ice cream in the Vitamix and put my black raspberries from my CSA box on the top. YUMMM!

Marcella, are you home or at your vacation home this weekend?

Linda, best wishes on your change of job. I hope that goes well for you.

Barbie, I hope Jake finds his coloring time enjoyable. I always do. But I wait until I’ve finished everything for the day which means maybe a half hour before falling asleep! I get more done when I go to a specific time for coloring, usually at one of the local libraries.

Jeri, good day. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. And I hope you hear about an appointment with a rheumatologist soon.

Hugs everyone.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh my, a couple asked to join us for dinner on "the patio" this evening, to our delight, and halfway through the meal, my eyelids got heavy! I simply started falling asleep! I attempted to read all the posts, and my cursor simply keeps hitting the "s" for sleep button,,,,
    Sorry, it's impossible to stay awake, so I bid you goodnight!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    151110r65eh63b68.gif

j.gife.gifr.gifi.gif
  • Jacean2016
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Morning all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERI AND MANY, MANY MORE. ❤️Anne.

It's also my DILs big day.
    Options
    Me too Buzz. Napped earlier but I'm still barely awake.
    Lin, my aunt is kind of a mess. She packed her things, and told them she's leaving. it almost got her forced out. Shh-! No one's called or texted me and I won't bother anyone. Her birthday is Wednesday july 6. She doesn't need clothing so it's a bit of a challenge. I'm planning to visit on Tuesday. I'll pick up a mini cake. I'm not comfortable with taking her out alone. I know she must be ready for a change in her routine. I'm afraid she'll refuse to go back.
    Enough said on this.
    Breakfast and coffee time
    Phoebe
    Options
    That was last night's post, found it not posted so I sent it on.
    Happy birthday Jeri!
    ohs9y8ncvbee.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Happy birthday Jeri Love you dear.

947907z6mrx9pw2t.gif

• oystereyes
    Options
    Jeri! Happy Birthday to the lady with the magic eye. Not just anyone can see the beauty or drama in a scene and use the camera as a way to freeze the moment. It is a true gift. Best wishes !
    Patsy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If I get off my bottom and get moving, I can get a little bit done, instead of just thinking of what needs doing. Very hot day here. Did a bit outside, where five minutes results in a bit of sunburn(I'm very pale skinned). Hummingbirds should be happy now. Feeders refilled. Watered two outdoor plants which sit on wheeled trays that hold about 2 inches of water. Cute little birds getting water there. Don't know why though, there's a bowl of water on the table, much safer I'd think.
    (Cats) Cut down a pretty Encore azalea, it was dying. Replacing it with a rose shrub like the knockout roses but will wait until fall.
    Mixed up peanut butter cookie dough now chilling. (Jim's request). Thawed fresh frozen peaches now sliced and cooking for a dessert(won't say more, it's a diet breaker).
    Finally got Honey's meds down. Ground the pills and opened the capsule onto a saucer, poured buttermilk over it, let it sit to dissolve. She loves buttermilk. Medicine lapped up. I tried cheese, she ate it and spit out the pill!!
    Chalky has not returned. I applied a flea treatment Wednesday night, he didn't even notice it. This brand (Revolution) is also a dewormer and prevents heartworms. Maybe the dewormer upset his stomach. I wish him well.
    Next up, my baby, 17 year old Possum is getting a bath. Not to jinx myself, but she's pretty easy to bath, compared to other cats. Then I'll be baking cookies. Vegetables tonight. Beans done.
    Have a great day
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JERI!!

I am keeping up, hugs to Buzz and Barbie for caring of their significant others. <3

We started out Thursday sailing to ABYC yacht club and did have some rain on Friday. Saturday was our pot luck dinner and we left today to go to another club QCYC yacht club and when we arrived they told us the main water had a break. Not great news, we were expecting to have a shower. It was fixed within the hour and alas we both had our showers. ;) The weather is sunny here but our dock is a long walk to
    the club house. I also forgot my fitbit charger so all my walks have been good exercise, but getting no credit this week for my steps. I think I will get another charger to keep on the boat.

Well Dave is taking a nap and I will got for my afternoon meditation before dinner time.

Hi to all!!

Shirley