Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Everything appears to be back to normal again. MFP do keep us on our toes don't they!
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say "hi". I am at the library so I can read some posts and reply.
    Just got back from Alaska, our son got us a beautiful suite (cabin) that had views so amazing. My son works for the people that own the resort and a couple other businesses and they were just wonderful. The lady and I got along so well we said we are sisters now. They took us to a few places, and we visited with our 3 grandsons that we hadn't seen for 10 yrs. We brought along our grandson that lives here too. They had a lot of fun.
    Our son has some medical issues and praying for his recovery. Jesus will bless him.
    Have to go but wanted you all to know that I do read the posts, some day I will be able to get internet again.
    Chris
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just making beef stew for supper in my instant pot pressure cooker. Trying a new recipe.

Anne I did laugh about the pin money. We each get a small US pension from when we lived in Colorado. It goes into a US savings account and we use it for vacations. Nice to have something like that.

Sandi . I laughed the first time I heard the expression ski vacation too. Very apt too.

Buzz. Your medical coverage is quite complicated, my sister had quite a time getting hers in place especially with metastatic breast cancer. Hope you get everything to your liking. Sandi is amazing if you ask me with no prescriptions. Don't I wish.

Trying hard to get in my 10,000 steps each day. A friend invited me to use Stridekick which allows us to upload our steps, etc and compare then. It doesn't matter that I have. Garmjn Vivofit and she a Firbit, you can still see each other's exercise. Motivating for me.

Marie hope you get your stomach upset finished. Not fun for sure.

Chris was that a cruise you were on. Alaska is a place I'd like to go too as well.

Timer is going, time to check in things. Have a great evening all.

Jeri

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten on here. I had to sign in again not only here but several other websites. I guess I missed the worst of it.
    Visited my aunt, they chose today to move her to her permanent room so I was able to pack her things and help move it all to her new room. She's got a nice roommate. She seems ready to stay now.
    Got to get dinner, all vegetables tonight.
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ag8oqcfw2ru0.jpg
    Here is a picture of my Lavender plant in bloom which I took today.

We are home safe and sound and an uneventful trip home on the boat. My flowers made another week of hot weather and having my neighbor behind us watering and our friend Tom. I worry too much about my flowers when I am away, next year I will plant more greenery. Our garden is thriving and I will trim my flowers in the front tomorrow.

I am doing laundry as we speak and trying to catch up on things around here. They are predicting rain
    some time tomorrow and I hope so, we have some deep cravasses in our yard along the fence from little rain.

I have 24 posts today to read to I will catch up sometime tomorrow.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    a8zsipn6f6fc.jpg

here is my dinner tonight. tasted real good. I ussed an old corningware dish as my plate that my mother used. Love it for a plant diet plate/,

hello to all.
    Chris i was just thinking about your trip to A how did you all Alaska. travel there?

Will tell you some of my woe's today. We went to Walmart went to the suv to come home and I just could not swing my leg up in the darn thing It took 3 people to get my legs in. I think it was the way my jeans was made. I am wearing short pants to my Doctor appointment tomorrow ti find out about my blood work Will let you all know the results from all of this plant program. Its not in my hips i can still move them pretty well just the lower part of my legs I do not have control over. Rough getting old folks.
    Marie

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,156 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good evening, the web site hasn't worked well for me today AND my Internet connection goes from very good to extremely slow to non-existent. I had some online business to accomplish today and got everything but one banking task accomplished.

Tai chi and qigong this morning and picked up my Rx on the way home. Talked with the insurance agent again today and have made an appointment to actually get the application process out of the way next week. Also have signed up for two in-person seminars on farmland leasing trends. It will soon be time to negotiate for next year's lease.

My handyman also showed up and they found out why my gutter and downspout have not been working. He will be back to power wash the side of my house where green stuff is growing. His advice regarding my rotting fence is to just wait until it rots so much a storm blows it over. Hummmmm. If I let it get that bad I cannot consider getting a dog or fostering a dog.

He wants to replace several deck boards as he says the frame is fine. I don't know about that either the railing are falling apart and it is generally in bad condition but it would be easy to replace the boards he's talking about. Easy for him but not much improvement for me overall.

The guy who took out my trees parked the wrong way on my street as it was more convenient for him. Diesel exhaust poured out of the truck and the chipper the entire time he was here and now the grass is dead. Handyman says I should just hope it will grow back. I plan to get some seed in the fall.

So color me disgruntled today I guess. I feel like everyone has their own best interests at heart but not mine. Whatever is easiest for them. Oh well.

The time I spent with my friend at the ArtCenter yesterday walking through the exhibits was lovely. I only get there maybe once a year.

Shirley, glad you are home safely. I love lavender!!! I can imagine how delightful it smells.

Phoebe, thank goodness your aunt was not upset today and that you were able to help her move.

Marie, happy you have the power back but gosh, you must have gotten so hot when the power was out!!

Patsy, are you putting in time in your dungeon? It seems having a growing puppy would be more interesting than just about everything.

Anne, and how are you and little Jilly bean? It is hot here, still over 80 and thinking of going out and watering a little bit. Does Jilly like the hose? I had a dog once who just loved to try to bite the water coming out of the hose. It was so funny.

Buzz, glad you are taking take of yourself a bit.

Barbie, goodness, you have lots to look after these days. I hope everyone is on the mend.

Sandy, I trust your day went well.

Chris, welcome home. Your trip sounds lovely. I wish your son did not have the health issues.

Jeri, good to see you again!! What travels are on your agenda for the rest of the summer? And how did dinner turn out? I made a pot of soup this afternoon. It is yummy.

Hugs. I am going to try to post this. I detest using the iPad to type this much but the laptop keeps losing the Wireless connection.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Oh, dear, Another Sleepy post, except I have to keep repeating everything 2 or 3 times. Nothing seems to be sticking to the paper! Will stop by tomorrow and post earlier!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Won't log off!
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    I've just caught up with 28 posts and was going to respond but see a big black cloud heading in my direction so because the hen house needs cleaning out, especially with 2 broody girls sitting in there all day, I'll go and do that then get back to you.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LIN, if you are thinking of getting a companion of the four legged variety, do it whilst you are still a young chick in comparison to me. Jilly Bean is an absolute delight and I love her to pieces, but I had no idea a small dog could be so lively and exuberant. Yes, she is a real water dog, loves the hose and attacks it as though it's a large python. We are great in energy at 6:30 am but by 6:30 pm Anne is wilting whilst the Bean is still jumping around like a jumping bean! I'm told this will pass and I'll miss puppy Jilly, I'm sceptical! Meanwhile, Michael, who lives alone now, is off work for a weeks vacation next week and is offering to take her to his home for "training". I shall miss the little pest if this comes to pass but I suspect she'll be back here pretty quick! He's no idea what he is taking on, lol. Oh to be young again MARIE!

I'm imagining you cleaning out the hen house JACKIE! Do you use a pitchfork or is the henhouse too small. Our chickens long ago lived in a large shed.

The lavender is beautiful SHIRLEY, I love lavender but have no luck with it in my garden. Lucky you.

Well it's time to take my cup of tea into the garden and let the Bean have a sniff and......well whatever! We are in the midst of a heatwave and need rain badly. Listening to the early news our veggies and fruits are forecast to go up in price Shirley and Jeri.

So, love everyone's posts, and you are all with me in spirit if not in the flesh,
    Anne.
    Options
    Sandy this is a Sheepadoodle! The lady let me take this pic for you.
    xdbq3myty65m.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    pretty doggie Phoebe. **** anne. Where is Michael wife? nosy aren't !! I am off to the docter in a few minutes hope I can swing my legs up in the suv. Otherwise don;t know how I will get in the van.to go.. Buzz hope you had a good night sleep. I sure did. My sweet potato I had yesterday gave me no reaction. Thanks goodness. If my tummy is settle down will try some red skin potatoes this week end. But definte not eat anymore russet potatoes.Walmart did not ave a single sweet potatoe Yesterday but we will be going to Kroger tomorrow if not today. according to how i am navigating in the car.this morning. Was able to swing my leg into the tub this morning Ok.So that is a ood sign. See you later
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Your prayers are working but please continue to pray. I have my meeting today and hope to get home before the storms hit that are predicted. Lisa was in the ER for being dehydrated yesterday so will call her after meeting to see if she needs anything. She is fine now, wasn't eating or drinking enough. The baby is okay, moved a lot during ultrasound.

Marie, would a little step stool help you get in and out of the van?

Phoebe, the sheepadoodle is adorable, I have never seen one before. I wonder how big he/she will be? Daisy was here yesterday and she is now 99 pounds because she has not been walking in the heat. Her dark spots are still weird to me but she looks adorable.

Anne, I think it might be a good idea to let Michael take Jilly to give you a break. Have you considered puppy classes, they helped Daisy take commands. She no longer listens however because Babe doesn't discipline her at all and he can't understand why she doesn't listen to him.

Jackie, take care of those old hens and then come back to these old hens. lol

Buzz, have you tried going to bed early, like 8 or 9 o'clock? Just to catch up on sleep that you have been missing? Praying things are still going well with Mike.

Lin, my goodness you are having a terrible time. So many repairs needed along with dead grass. Maybe call the tree company and complain to have them fix the grass. As far as the fence, if you can afford to replace it just get a new one. Waiting for a storm to take it down sounds wrong unless insurance would pay for a new one. I can see you with a new puppy, I know you are such an animal lover it would have a great home.

Shirley, the lavender is beautiful and like others love the smell of lavender. I use a lavender essential oil to help me sleep. I would love to see a picture of your whole yard with all of it flowers.

Jeri, 10,000 steps is something I just can't seem to get done. I did when on vacation but I am not a walker by myself. I will have to tease my kids about ski vacation.

Chris, good hearing from you and what a wonderful trip to see your son and grandsons. It must have been very emotional for all. Will pray for your son and his recovery.

I better grab something to eat and get ready.
    Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

Options

"Phoebe, the sheepadoodle is adorable, I have never seen one before. I wonder how big he/she will be? Daisy was here yesterday and she is now 99 pounds because she has not been walking in the heat. Her dark spots are still weird to me but she looks adorable."-
    Sandy, she was told anywhere from 45 to 75 pounds!! When you enlarge the photo you can see her fur is wavy. I thought she was a springer spaniel with her markings. Don't know why I keep saying her/she. His name is Hank.
    Chores to do. Honey is good. Left Possum so they can wait for a urine sample(her bladder was empty).
    Anne, can see it now, Mark will want joint custody of Jillie!
    Lin, maybe check Home Depot for fencing and they install. Maybe your handyman will see the error and be willing to do what you ask. It bothers me when someone tells me I don't want to do this or that. I don't argue, I just don't do business with them.
    Chores are calling
    Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Yes SANDY I am considering classes. They offer them just down the road at the training school for "dogs for the blind". She isn't 5 months old yet, so maybe a little young? The funny thing, I don't know if it's the heatwave, (and probably not, because Jill is playing with her toys right now,) but she's been the sweetest little calm dog since I posted that comment, done everything by the book, and popping over every so often to check up on me. I'm finding puppy teeth, she's growing up. She knows, "come, stay, and sit" but only inside the house as I found out last Sunday when I nearly had the heart attack outside! That's what's bothering Michael, me having a heart attack!! I shall miss her if she has a mini vacation! But then, we consider her our joint dog and she loves us both.

I agree with Sandy and Phoebe LIN, check with Home Depot for a new fence. Your handyman ain't much of a handyman if he's turning jobs down! Trust your own judgement. Phoebes advice on not doing business with men who tell you what to do is good.

So, Great Britain will be getting a female prime minister in September now it's down to two candidates, both ladies. If Hilary in the USA gets in, and with Merkel in Germany can we hope for less aggression in the world? We can only pray! I had to smile, I read Theresa Mays profile and it said she is like a "calm headmistress dealing with a class of over-excitable schoolboys" in parliament!

Twittered on enough, must get back to my unbelievably calm little dog. Vets tomorrow and last booster shot. Maybe we've turned a corner!
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Back from my doctor. lab work is all fine. and I lost 11 lbs since my last visit. told me to stay with my way of eating for it is definitely working for me.And I like the foods.
    Love Marie.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hello hens! (LOL Sandy!!) I'm back having eaten a delicious dinner of Swordfish steak with new potatoes and a mix of steamed veggies. The rain has only just arrived 6 hours late but will save me having to water the pots of plants outside.

Lin ~ That is no handyman well not one worth hanging on to if he is not prepared to do any work for you. When my chimney was swept at the end of winter by the local smithy I asked him to take the doors of the stove away and replace the glass but he made every excuse not to including it might be too expensive for me, that without telling me the cost so I'll be taking to the local glazier before next winter. I wish tradesmen were up front if too busy or just not interested!

Phoebe ~ That's one gorgeous puppy and a new mix of breeds I'd not heard of. Of course not too many years ago all these mixes would be referred to as mongrels but now they're considered posh!

Anne ~ Oh dear, both ladies left in the leadership race have an uncanny look of Maggie T about them which terrifies me!! The headmistress with her over excited schoolboys analogy is so true, but Mark Carney also seems to talk to us all like a headmaster cross with his pupils because we didn't heed his dire warnings so we're in the caning queue!!! A good job we've all got a sense of humour!

Marie ~ The meal in your photo looks delicious especially with my favourite asparagus and cherry tomatoes.Did your home grown potatoes come to anything? Mine are full of leaves but no flowers yet so I've not dug down to see if there are any in the soil. Hopefully I won't be disappointed when I do finally search!

Sandy ~ Sorry to read Lisa ended up in hospital but hopefully that will be a warning to always drink plenty of fluids. You'll have to register Daisy on MFP she can keep an eye on her calorie intake!!

Nothing on tv worth watching this evening so I'm going to send birthday wishes to my nephew and then settle down with a book. Sorry I'm missing so many of you.... should have responded immediately to all the posts I read this morning but don't want to roll back the page now because I'm likely to lose what I've typed.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Jackie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Speaking of dog breeds...when we were looking for a sheepdog years ago when we bought Mazzy, she was imported from Canada. She came with a horrible contract that in essence said we don't really own the dog. The breeder got to breed her and keep all the puppies. Distance made all this impractical so it came to nothing. We were in love at first glimpse of her photo. Paid a horrible price plus airline ticket. Sheepdogs are still rare in Oregon and very pricey. I am not sure I would do that again, as much as we loved her. That breed is so wonderful! They do have genetic tendencies for cancer and various other health problems. But once you have one, there is no going back. You do whatever necessary and try not to look at the vet bills too long...just pay and be glad they could help,this sweet fur family member. Actually we all do the same, no matter the breed or lack of pedigree.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy Jerry did make me one. But I had no problems getting in the car today. wore a pair of Old short Jeans with big legs. It was the lone legs jean Yesterday. So I will have to be careful what Jeans I have on when we get out