Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,354 Member
    edited July 2016
    Good evening friends. Loved the picture Phoebe. So many interesting new breeds these days.

Sorry to hear Lisa was in the hospital. I hope she is doing well now Sandy.

Marie, glad you made it into the vehicle today. I hope you can find some good sturdy steps to use for getting in and out. Congrats on the good news at the doctor's office.

Patsy, wow!!! An airline ticket for your puppy. Amazing. You really did everything possible didn't you. My friend owns a Pomeranian sort of with the breeder. The breeder retained the right to show the dog in certain dog shows and to use the dog for stud if the dog showed to some certain championship level. As it turned out the breeder was way too busy, the dog did not enter the shows and ultimately was neutered. So again, the agreement didn't really matter in the end.

Jackie, I am watching some old episodes of Foyle's War which are new to me as I have watched very few episodes of that show. I hope your book is interesting.

Anne, a vacation for you from the Jilly Bean? Well, that might be a good thing. And I doubt I would ever consider a puppy. Maybe another rescue dog but that really isn't in my plans for now. I like not having to rush home to walk the dog etc. But I want to insure that if I did want to foster or adopt that I would be prepared. That's why I purchased a house and had the yard fenced!

Buzz, I hope you got some rest last night.

I have signed up for one more seminar so I will likely hear similar information 3 times in the space of about a week. Haaaaaa.

I had a nice time at the library today. Some of the lovely older ladies were there and we had a lovely time chatting as we tried to make progress on a complex puzzle of colorful butterflies and flowers. I think 3 of us plan to go to my library next Tuesday afternoon for coloring and talk. That evening there's another session at another library!! Several are going to that one as well.

I did a couple of errands after lunch and then went to Farmer's Market to pick up my vegetable box. My CSA operator seems somewhat dissatisfied. His wife took a different job, he is skipping the downtown Farmer's Market on Saturdays and he said he wouldn't have come to today's market if he didn't have customers picking up boxes. He is tired of delivering to other customers on Wednesdays so either he is going through a rough patch or maybe this is not what they want to keep doing.

Tai chi tomorrow and then finally back to the car dealership to see if they can figure out the check engine light. I will take my iPad as again I have no idea how long I will be there.

Take care everyone.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Bump! Mike's moving tomorrow.
    I got his electric wheelchair for him today, and he had an absolute tantrum when he couldn't use it immediately! Keeping my fingers crossed that he watches his temper with the staff. I thought the oxygen had improved his thinking, but now I wonder . I need sleep!
    <3:( Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    cheshirefriday.gif

George and I walked alone this morning because my friend was giving an elderly neighbour a lift to the optician in town. When we got to the car park the clouds were drifting low across the ground so we stuck to a familiar path and walked to the top of the moors with just the occasional glimpse of a distant field or farmhouse. Of course we had to be on the narrowest of paths when we came upon a herd of ponies with their offspring so had to step carefully so as not to panic them. George was very good and kept away from their feet so I'm realising I have to give him credit for more sense than I usually do!! I now have the usual round of housework to carry out before settling down to watch Wimbledon tennis.

Patsy ~ It seems to me pets choose us rather than the other way around whatever we might think. With George it was just a vague image of a filthy, tangled and distressed dog bouncing up and down barking as we stood outside his kennel that broke into my conscience the following day when I'd had no intention of adopting him.

Lin ~ Before I shared the allotment with my neighbour I received a weekly box of organic produce from a business that travelled around the county until they found it a struggle to sell the idea to the public. In the end it wasn't worth their time so went back to selling at their farm but that was too far for me to travel. Luckily the local council offered the allotments the following year and we manage to grow organically although I noticed in the week our carrots are suffering from what's possibly carrot fly but haven't dug them yet to find out what's going on! Foyle's War was one of my favourites when it started because it follows a similar gentle pace to Morse. I've lost track with it somewhat but know it goes on into the cold war era.

Buzz ~ I'm so sorry Mike reacted that way about the electric chair. It just isn't the Mike we've all come to adore and shows, if it was needed, you are making the right choices for him. I'm sure the staff will be well trained in coping with the unpredictable side of his illness although of course that won't stop you worrying. Sending love as always. <3

Marie ~ Baggy shorts sound ideal in your hot climate and I'm so happy that you found an answer to the problem of lifting your legs. Onwards and upwards as they say!!

If I turn back the pages I'll lose this post but someone asked about my hen house. It's not a shed but an ark style surrounded by a metal framed run approximately 13 square feet. Mr Fox has now moved on but I feel a little sad for the chooks since they were used to wandering around my garden and are now confined. Chickens have feelings too you know!! I'll take a camera with me one day so I can show you what it's like.

Did I tell you I haven't hung those new curtains yet? Something always seems to get in the way but today is the day!! It's nearly lunchtime for me and I'm planning cottage cheese with fresh melon.... delicious summer food on a grey and miserable day but what the heck!!

Enjoy your day although with the ghastly news coming out of Dallas that's not going to be easy.

Jackie

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Just me, and a saddened me with the terrible news out of Dallas!
    Busy day today, vet visit etc etc. Jill appears to have turned a corner behaviour wise and Mike and I have decided it's probably not a good thing to change her routine right now because she's doing so well. So no vacation for Miss Jilly OR me! but I'm secretly glad, terribly lonely I think after 2 months of toys everywhere.
    It was me who asked about the hen house JACKIE, I can mentally picture it now. I think your dining room will look super at Christmas but I can also see it today with a big pitcher of wild flowers on the table. I particularly liked the delicate backed chairs, one doesn't see that prettiness these days. Well worth the search and long wait. Love the story of George, and he is now one happy little guy with such a loving "Mom".
    LIN, every time I watch Foyles War I see myself as a little girl. Seems a long time ago now with changing fashions etc.
    So girls, it's still hot here but we have some very welcome rain falling. Not enough though.
    Bye, Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,262 Member
    edited July 2016
    Happy Friday! :) I am going to see Robby this noon, Lisa has an appointment so I will stay with him until either she or Rob comes home. It is terrible news from Dallas, I just don't understand what is happening in this world.

Anne, sounds like Jilly is making a change which is good for you. If you do get her spayed, that will calm her even more. (sometimes)

Jackie, with my OCD I would have to hang those curtains the minute I got them. Will expect another picture of the finished product along with the chicken coop.

Buzz, I think Jackie is right and the staff will be able to calm Mike down. The important thing for you is to take care of yourself.

Lin, still busy, hopefully enjoying all your activities.

Marie, glad you figured out a way to get in the van, hope it worked.

Patsy, I did not know Sheepdogs had a tendency for cancer but one of ours did have a leg amputated from it and years later it returned in the other leg so we had to let him go.

Doing a lot of stress eating, but still managed to lose 0.6 pound. B)

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I finally got caught up on all posts. So much going with our group, a healthy and active group we are. <3

I took a picture of my flowers on the side of our garage with the butterfly bushes and wild flowers.
    I did plant Lupins too but they are dormant now and hope they will be back next summer. I took two pictures but I am not Jeri who can capture such lovely pictures. I have two butterfly bushes and the rest are wild flowers all along the side of the garage.

9kehxem7ir6d.jpg

We got home on Wednesday from our sailing cruise and we visited 3 ports this time and had fabulous weather. Now back home again and my neighbor and our friend Tom watered everything and they looked great when we got back. Now I am finished laundry again and doing some chores around the house before leaving Monday for the cottage again. Dave and our friend Tom will be taking down the old outhouse and dismantling his mom's herb garden. There just isn't anyone else but us to take care of all this so we are trying to downsize the responsibilities of this cottage. I am booking a couple of yoga classes while there and will be doing my walks everyday weather permitting, and some fishing.

Today we got some rain finally and Dave is golfing I hope he didn't get wet.

Love all the animal pictures and stories, ANNE maybe a change of your energetic Jilly bean would be nice for you in sperts. I know you would miss her too much.

My daugher Kristina just got back from Mexico with her boyfriend John and she said it was hot.
    You think!!! She had to experience it for herself but the rates are really cheap now.

I will try and keep up, I have a few days here at home, we have our steak bbq at the club this weekend so we shall see if we get there or not.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Hi friends - I am at the auto dealership and still no diagnosis for my car. Meanwhile I just strolled around the dealership and almost fainted some huge Scion Land Cruiser or something had a tag in the window of $84,000+!!!!!!!! I backed away in a hurry. Cannot be real!!!!!!

Lin (still amazed)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Alice here - Maries daughter. She is in ER after not being able to get out bed this morning & not able to walk last night. She wanted her friends to know.
    Lin - can you notify her friends on the Mary Mini Challenge?
    I will keep everyone posted
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Alice, please tell your Mom that Anne sends her love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Alice, thank you so much for checking into MFP to let us know when this must be such a worrying time for you. Please tell her Jackie sends big hugs from England. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and she'll soon be home and back with us.
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Update: She will be kept overnight so they can determine the source of an infection.
    Keep her in your praywrs please.
    Alice
  • linder4866
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Update: She will be kept overnight so they can determine the source of an infection.
    Keep her in your praywrs please.
    Alice

I will try to get word to the folks on Facebook. I am so sorry to hear this Alice. Thank you for letting us know.

Lin
  • linder4866
    I did post to the group on Facebook and good wishes and prayers are sent Marie's way---my own included. Give her a hug from me too. Thanks Alice.

Lin
  • linder4866
    After hours at the dealership they found a valve in the emission system that wasn't operating properly. It's been replaced and tested. All is supposedly well now. Yes!!

I plan to go to Tai Chi the park tomorrow but have cancelled for the all day card makers/scrapbook event at the library.

Also got an appointment for the fence company to come out and assess what they think can be done with the fence. They'll be out in a little over a week. At least they make appointments!! No word on the stump removal.

Talk to you later.

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Love hugs and prayers for Marie. Thank you Alice!

We leave in the morning. Hope Marie will be better by then.
    Lin, sorry for such a long delay at the car dealership. Yes, horrible vehicle prices now. Poor Jim wants a new pickup and one on so called sale is 38000!!!
    I wanted to comment on the posts but with Marie's news, my mind is blank.
    Hugs to all. Take care of yourselves.
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    All my positive thoughts and best wishes for dear Marie. Maybe this hospitalization will be able to find the problem with her mobility.
    Patsy
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thanks Alice. All my very best wishes for Marie.

Big hugs

Jeri
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Thank you Alice, for letting us know about Marie, I saw it on Facebook. May she be well soon and please keep us posted.

Shirley
    Canada
  • CALIECAT
    Good evening everyone...update on my mom. She will be in the hospital for 2-3 days. They did a dopler ultrasound on her legs and we will know the results tomorrow if not later tonight. I am taking her iPad up to her and hopefully she will be able to communicate to all of you herself. You know she is having withdrawls from not doing so! You all mean so much to her.
    Continue the prayers!
    Alice
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Thank you so much Alice!