Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,117 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Alice, you are not only a wonderful daughter but a kind person who took the time to let us know about your mom. Prayers are being said and will continue for good results and a speedy recovery. We all love Marie so much, please let her know we are with her in spirit.
    Sandy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Bless you, ALICE, and thank you for updating us on my "li'l SIS ! A good rest and loving attention and care may be exactly what she needs! She's been so disciplined about her eating
    and has been successful about her goals, we all want her back to normal and continuing to lead us! Tell her we love her again o:) !
    All my other dear friends, the staff meeting has been set for Monday morning, so no news yet. I'm feeling nervous about this discussion (as though their will be news I know nothing about!) Must tumble into bed as I didn't get in last night until 6:35 this morning. Woke up at the usual 7:30. Busy accomplishing nothing! Hugs and more to you...
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Buzz, you'll be in a hospital yourself if you don't rest. We love you dearly. Most of your worries are out of your hands. Let the experts worry about things now. Now that I've bossed you, I hope my only regret is that I slept too much. Lol!
    I'm up late too coz I napped today.
    I've enjoyed this time off.
    Tell me cats don't know what we're up to- Old Chalky just showed himself tonight! I thought he'd gone for good, but he was just waiting until we have to go back to work. No chance of him being de nutted! Fed him and told him we'll see who laughs last!
    Jackie, that is a sweet memory of George. Thanks for sharing.
    Phoebe
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Dear Marie
    hug_7.gif

I'm hoping you woke up feeling better this morning and with your ipad tucked under your pillow! We're all thinking of you dear friend. <3
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes, thank you so much for updating us Alice. Marie is much loved, and that goes for you too BUZZ.

Poor Chalky in blissful ignorance of the future, but what a smart kitty for holding out until his tum got the better of him! Safe travels Phoebe.

Jilly escaped the bum jab at the vets yesterday because Michael got delayed and I held off calling a taxi because I thought he might make a last minute show. He did, but too late. We had a very long walk last night, life is normalizing.

Anne
  • pinkperil
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A walk in low cloud that drifted about our heads but we still managed to enjoy ourselves and laugh at doggy antics! Standing in the car park to chat at the end of the stroll we didn't notice the drizzle that started was soaking us so after a stop at the post office for a pint of milk and very naughty Danish pastry (already consumed!!) I had a hot shower and am now thinking about chores to be done. Were the curtains hung yesterday? :|:| As soon as I shut down the laptop I'll get on with it!!

Buzz ~ Phoebe is right, you'll make yourself ill if you don't rest so do try, once you've got through the weekend and had the meeting, to start looking after yourself. <3

Phoebe ~ We all know cats aren't stupid and it seems Chalky is too smart for his own good but I did laugh at the fact he's worked out you are off on your travels so it's safe to return. Take care on those travels.

Anne ~ Good to read life is normalising and it's obvious you and Jilly have bonded totally. When George and I walked in the village yesterday quite late it was quiet and warm although I could see dark clouds in the distance that have now arrived. We did meet a couple that walk a small Corgi cross and rather grumpy white Boxer that was straining on his lead trying to get at George before they even got close. Of course George embarrassed me by trying to get back at the Boxer even though it's so much bigger than him but we humans managed to smile about the grumbling!! As they walked on I heard the chap say to his partner "see, he is getting better" referring to his dog.... something I keep telling myself about George although not sure it's true!!

Well this isn't getting my curtains hung!! LOL I'll pour myself a mug of coffee and get on with it right now. B) Everyone enjoy your weekend whatever you get up to.

Jackie

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    Dearest Marie -

1170326f9p6i1etq7.gif

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    221759hhta6a08mq.jpg[/url]

Get better Marie, I hope you are reading this on your IPad and we all miss you !!

We saw a Monarch butterfly on my butterfly bush this morning, first sighting.

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Dear Marie,

2340163jcinz8f110.gif
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) It is an absolutely beautiful day, the windows are open a breeze is coming in and I am grateful. I spent the day at Lisa's yesterday, she was not feeling well so her mother and I stayed with her and helped with Robby. He is just one funny little man, I just can't get enough of him. I gave him his bath which was great fun, read him his bedtime stories and kissed him and said good night and he went to sleep. This morning Lisa said she is feeling better and Rob is home so one day at a time.

Marie, you have a wonderful daughter and we are so grateful she let us know you are in the hospital. Hurry and get well, we miss you already!! <3

Shirley, I think nature is a miracle in itself. Whenever I see my hummingbird I get a feeling of peace, I would think the same about a monarch.

Jackie, okay young lady, stop procrastinating and get those curtains hung!!

Anne, Jilly must have talked to Chalky and somehow delayed your son to avoid that shot!

Phoebe, I wish I could explain how your faith brings me such comfort, just know when I know you are praying it means a lot to me. Old Chalky is one smart kitty!! Katie is back in Africa but under much better conditions. https://katetravelstheworld.wordpress.com/

Buzz, how can you possibly stay up to 6:35 in the morning and get up at 7;30? You are going to collapse if you don't take care of yourself. As Phoebe said this is out of your hands so just surrender and accept. Sorry to lecture but you are not in your 20's anymore, your body needs rest.

Lin, let me blow your mind with the car that Babe's son drives which is a Ferrari!! I think the price is between $150,000 to $200,000. He is trying to sell it but he always has to have the best even when he can't afford to do so.

Patsy, my Oregon son and his wife are coming to visit me this month. They are taking a train to Chicago and flying home. His wife suffers with terrible migraines and the last time she flew she got terribly sick. She is trying it again to see if they can fly to Africa to visit their daughter while she is on an internship for her Masters.

Have a great Saturday!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Oh Marie! Marie! Get well soon, and get back to your potatoes and beans! We loved your photos and menu plans. We also suffer the same computer malfunctions. We are eagerly awaiting news of your returning home to us. We miss you, dear friend.

Our son has finally named his boat...Gitanna (sp?) Spanish for gypsy. Fits his personality exactly. We still have not made the trip to see it in person. Just looked at many photos. One of his dogs has already fallen overboard. She has a life preserver jacket so all was well. She was wet, cold and indignant!

Had a strange night, very little sleep for some reason. John would say it's the change in the barometer. I think it is moonbeams and fairy songs that is keeping me awake. I feel somewhat draggy but in good spirits so I will trudge happily along today at 1/2 speed.

Katie is also starting to show signs of maturing. She still insists on having all her toys scattered about but she seems content to chew on her chew toys, chase balls, drag around her stuffed animals and be forever right underfoot. I'm okay with that! It is perfect, really.

For my birthday later this month, John is giving me a gift certificate for a monthly bouquet of flowers from Costco. They have wonderful roses at a very reasonable price. Since I didn't plant flowers this year, I really miss them. But I do have Little Katie...
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Update: Momma says hello to all! She is having problems typing on her iPad in the bed so I will be her fingers for now!
    We have good news and some not so good. Her infection is improving thanks to the antibiotics but the Doppler revealed some small clots in her legs so they put her on a blood thinner. She will need to stay here until probably Monday and then move to rehab. She is being a good sport about the food choices but I know she misses her potatoes!
    She loved seeing all of your well wishes. Thank you!
    Alice
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Thank you Alice and continued prayers for our Marie!! Tell her to just take it easy and get well, that is the most important thing right now!!

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Same from me MARIE. Just get well and get back to us real soon, anne
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us updated Alice. I'm thinking angels were keeping an eye on your mom because those blood clots needed to be dealt with and without the infection she might not have visited ER so she really is in the best place right now. Do pass on to her the story of my friend who spent time in hospital and because she suffered with bad reflux they fed her nothing but mashed potato until she swore she'd never eat another spud in her life!! Plenty of time for them once your mom is home again, hopefully very soon.
    Jackie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yay, Marie! You are on the mend. So glad they found the clots. Thanks again, Alice! o:)

Thank y0u
    Phoebe
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Sandy ~ Oh dear, curtains still not hung although the old ones are now in the washing machine!! Too many distractions......

Jackie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Marie - glad you are doing good and your blood clots caught. Best wishes and lots of love.

Jeri
    Options
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Sandy ~ Oh dear, curtains still not hung although the old ones are now in the washing machine!! Too many distractions......

Jackie

Lol!!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Update: Momma says hello to all! She is having problems typing on her iPad in the bed so I will be her fingers for now!
    We have good news and some not so good. Her infection is improving thanks to the antibiotics but the Doppler revealed some small clots in her legs so they put her on a blood thinner. She will need to stay here until probably Monday and then move to rehab. She is being a good sport about the food choices but I know she misses her potatoes!
    She loved seeing all of your well wishes. Thank you!
    Alice

Thank you Alice. Thank goodness the blood clots were found. Sending along more healing prayers and lots of hugs. Looking forward to more updates.

Lin