Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Give George a big hug from Anne, avoiding his ear and other places of course! Super news JACKIE and thank you for the link which I'll read later. I was thinking of two heats, so it will be an interesting read. I've got Mike trotting over so we can read it together because he is as perplexed as me. He is part "owner" so his opinion counts because he could end up with young Jilly, but I hope not too soon! I've blocked one side of the house with an old door sideways. It doesn't look very elegant but her safety from big unleashed dogs come first, i,e. next door neighbour and I'm going to block the wider garage side with her pen which hasn't been used so far when we are out gardening, and thus avoid her being stepped on.
    Sorry girls, I know it's boring but this puppy stage will pass......I THINK.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Just got back from Mass and waiting for video call with my kids. It is an iffy kind of day with sunshine and possible rain off and on. I think I will pass on the pool today and maybe go meet a friend for a drink.

Anne, whatever works to keep Jilly safe is all that matters even if it is not elegant. I think we all love the puppy talk so don't stop or we would miss it.

Jackie, I am glad George is doing well today and please do give him extra treats today, he deserves them.

Buzz, your computer probably wants to go to sleep at a decent time and is telling you to do the same. B)

Patsy, hope your birthday was wonderful!!!

Lin, I am so impressed with those colors, tell me, is that a color by number or do you just color as you please?

I have to restart my computer for google + to work. Have a great day!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    867450smkwcfc87r.gif

Happy birthday patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,186 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good evening my friends. I have been moving slowly all day! Trying to help a friend find a dog to adopt. Her darling passed away and she is anxious to have another dog and has not been having much luck finding a small older dog that would be allowed in her apartment. I put the word out with my dog friends but this may be difficult. She doesn't have the $$ most places are asking for.

I just sadder each time I think of poor George. Just one bee sting had me feeling horrible. I cannot believe the bees went after him like that. Gosh!! Anyway, moving on, I love your new window treatments. What a lovely design. Excellent choice Jackie.

Anne, good thinking on your part to keep Jilly safe. I hope your day was pleasant.

Buzz, I hope you are getting some rest. I always say that but you are so busy I see you don't often go to bed early.

Marie, good seeing you again. I hope the work you are doing is increasing your strength. Thinking of you.

Barbie, wishing Jake the best and I hope he is healing quickly.

Sandy, I hope you had an excellent day. By the way, how is Daisy?

Patsy, did you do the painting you mentioned? I heard there was an earthquake in Portland overnight. But then it wasn't mentioned again given the events in Baton Rouge.

Oh, and the bird is just a coloring page in a book I have. I copied it onto a heavier colored card stock and then just go smear different colors where ever. No plan whatsoever. Well, a bit of planning given the yellow card stock which affected the ultimate color of colored pencil and marker so I moved on to sets of pens that covered more completely. I am attaching a photo of the original page.

Hugs to all.

Lin

ui258e7w7yhf.jpeg

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    well, no wonder so many people are into the coloring rage, LIN! Quite challenging! Regarding your observation, I must get to sleep soon as we have doctors appointments in the morning, and transportation with wheelchairs and 2 tanks of oxygen is more than challenging; it's one big pain in the ....you know where!
    ANNE, the puppy stage will pass, and the animal will have wormed her way into your heart so deeply you would rather give up your kids! (Don't tell a soul I said that!)
    OK, SANDY, I hear ya! Bedtime will be in 25 minutes tonight... :#
    JACKIE, did I mention how perfect your little corner is? I love it.
    JERI,
    870901uavbwue67g.gif
    I might add "Mazel Tov" but should explain it means congratulations with a huge smile!

Has anyone read about the pokeman rage? Some kind of game that has New York completely tied up!
    Back later tomorrow.
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LIN do you copy your pretty colourings onto card to make into your own personal greeting cards for your friends. I do that with my drawings and add inside any saying or poem that I find to make it even more personalized. People seem to like that. Sort of just for them.
    I've heard about the Pokemon rage that seems to be gripping the world, but being "unworldly" haven't a clue what it's about. Hope you are still snoozing BUZZ me dear!
    Well we are in the garden. Me having my cup of tea and the Bean sniffing around and being a VERY good girl doing what's she's supposed to be doing. Treat tin at the ready JACKIE. After my shower we'll do our proper walk. I just can't impose on the work goers the rag tag of me when I first get up! Jill's doesn't seem to mind, and yes I love this little morsel more and more with each passing day BUZZ. Even if she does supplement her dog food with the odd unsuspecting ant. At least it's not kipper breath thank the Lord because she's very free with her "kisses".
    So happy wash day if you are still of the old school,
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A very quick check in because we have a short heatwave that will probably be over by Wednesday and I'm in the middle of clipping back the hedge between my garden and the not so pleasant neighbours on one side who have never stopped their dogs getting into my garden to poop or chase hens. Because it is so warm I stopped for a light lunch but must now get on and see if I can run a rather unattractive but necessary fencing net along my side. George is still quite subdued and not eating much, although that could be the heat seeing as how he's a Lhasa Apso whose breeding would have him preferring to be rolling in the Himalayan mountain snow!! We walked in local woods first thing and he had a play in the stream running through so I know he's ok. Just had to break off for a phone call that turned out to be a local coal merchant offering special deals.... in the middle of a heatwave for goodness sake!! ANNE, Scruff tries her best to give us kisses on our walks having chewed cow, sheep and horse poo seconds earlier!! BUZZ I gather the Pokeman craze has arrived here and people are bumping into lamposts and each other as they play and walk because they get so engrossed. A shame they can't lift their heads and see the beauty around them!! LIN you must have immense patience to colour those intricate pictures but the results are stunning so I do see the attraction. Please don;t worry about George, he's fine and even visited the area of garden he was attacked so that fear has left him.

Back to my hedge!
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) I am going to lunch with my friend Joe from the pool. He is the 90 something man who flirts with all the women at the pool. He is just a lonely man and for some reason elderly men like me, probably because I talk to them. I told Babe not to be jealous. lol

Jackie and Anne, you were on my mind yesterday as when I met my friend her English friends were there and so were the parents of the girl. They are from Stamford, Lincolnshire, which I think they said was about two hours from London. I had to ask the father to slow down so I could understand him but he was a very good sport. You know how I love the English language so a good time was had by all.

Buzz, glad you got to bed early and I hope you slept good and through the night.

Lin, now I am even more impressed with your talent of coloring using your own original colors.
    Anne's plan of putting them on greeting cards sounds great, have you thought of that?

Marie, hope you are getting stronger each day and being a good girl and listening to the therapists. Has Jerry come to visit you?

I am doing laundry today and hope I get most of it done before my luncheon date.

Have a good Monday!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good morning. Storms overnight and flash flooding to the South of here. Right now the sun is out (although it is really wet out there) and the fence estimator is coming out in about a half hour.

Jackie, I am glad George is doing well. I am sorry that you have some less than good neighbors. For the most part everyone here keeps to themselves and are relatively quiet. Suits me.

Anne, coffee in the garden with dear Jilly bean sounds heavenly. Pokemon Go is just nuts. I did not download the app. Our local sculpture park is over run with hoards of people chasing the little virtual creatures. Businesses have posted that Pokeman players are not welcome in their stores--just customers. People have been assaulted, mugged, robbed when going out alone. Police have advised to go out in pairs now. Crazy.

Buzz, I hope the doctor appointments go well and that yiu did get some rest last night. Does your community provide transport? With everything you need to take along I hope you have van transport.

I am just finding happiness in slopping color on paper and cutting coloring up into pieces and parts. So I don't want to ruin my freedom by trying to produce anything in particular. Just having fun fun fun. :D

Here is a tiny piece I colored last night. It may be about 3 X 4 inches.

Having problems with the iPad so posting quick.

6ovpo7lkno65.jpeg
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Gym - done! Jerry cooked me some sweet potatoes! A little over cooked but that is ok
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi Marie. Jerry cooked sweet potatoes? What a honey!!! Hugs.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Mild morning here, high clouds that might burn off later. I have an insight about the coloring craze. As a kid we all loved to color with crayons. I always colored outside of the lines. I was an unruly kid and had difficulty following any rules. I am not sure I would call it creative. In fact, I am sure it wasn't. Rebellion is more accurate. To this day, I still can't stay within the lines, even when I am sewing, I tend to go off on some tangent. To be sure, the results aren't always that wonderful. So Katie. The labradoodle, is a wild fuzzy kid that has a long way to go to be called trained. She is potty trained but she is a handful. She teases and is naughty when ever possible. John is an elderly adolescent boy. He loves to play with his cars and get dirty inside the engine. Our son is the same only it is now his boat that he is constantly fiddling with. We are a whole family of rebellious naughty kids.

I aspire to be more disciplined and organized. Any improvement at all would be huge! Eating bran flakes and almond milk for breakfast. Chef salad for lunch and we are packing up a small picnic this evening for a photo safari to look at a bunch of brown pelicans. They are hanging out near a great beach for walking and picnicking. This will be Katie's first beach walk. This could be fun? A disaster? Or Katie just might take a nap in the car....
    Patsy

• Sandydur
    Options
    Patsy, I don't mean to be rude but did we get your birthday correct? You didn't acknowledge any of our birthday greetings so I am wondering if I got the date wrong. Sorry if I have offended you.
    Sandy
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    No! No! No! You and all the sweet sneakers were right! It was my birthday on July 16th. And also on the 16th I had a bit of a heart episode. Scared me silly. I have heart failure and an occasional episode of breathing difficulties, rapid heart beat, weakness and it is terrifying. I had a little "tour" of the cardiac clinic and all is going well now. A change of medication and doing a lot of self talk instead of thanking you all for your friendship and support. Forgive me! Now you know my darkest secret. I hate mentioning this problem. If I don't say it...it isn't real. I get scared and refuse to acknowledge my real issues. I apologize for my rudeness. This group means a great deal to me.
    Patsy
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Hey SANDY, you can forget MY birthday! I'm the ostrich burying my head in the sand when it comes to another candle on the overloaded birthday cake. I'd rather not be reminded! Mind you, you can all make a fuss in 20 years time when I reach 100!
    PATSY, I'm so sorry you had the awful health problem on your birthday, a trip to the cardio clinic is no fun and especially on your birthday. Enough to make anyone forget it's their birthday.
    Mark and Mary Jo have just been for a couple of hours. They played ball with Jilly, free of leashes in the garden with my makeshift fences. Everyone is now exhausted, except the Bean! We all agree we have never known such a happy little dog! Rheilly visited. It's such a shame he's so big because apart from being clumsy with his great big feet, he really is a gentle giant, and once there's a pen between him and Jilly they happily sniff each other through the bars.
    And that's me for the night,
    Anne the twitterer.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Jeri, congratulations on the the new arrival!! You must be excited.

Marie - I see you still at the gym and Jerry is a dear to make your sweet potatoes.

Jackie - We had at least 3 nests of yellow jackets, they are definitely not honey bees and no one likes them because of their sting. Poor George I hope he is getting better everyday what a fright for him.
    I really like your curtains and the color looks great in your room.

Anne - Your stories of Jilly are so funny but I see you are enjoying her to death.

Buzz - Get some sleep and the rest will take care of itself. :)

Sandy - How nice you are giving your 90 year old friend your attention, he must love it that you spending time with him.

Lin - Your pictures of color are beautiful, I like your combinations. I must get back to my coloring book when things calm down after the summer.

Patsy- What a scare you had with your heart, I hope you are feeling better and sorry it happened on birthday. :o

We are back from the cottage today. We had some very hot weather, some rain all day and again last night. We had nothing at my house and the lawn is as brown as I have every seen it. We did get a fish fry on Sunday night thanks to Tom and our friend of the family Kevin who were successful in getting some fish. I did catch a nice pickerel.,but due to the slot size had to throw it back.
    Its very frustrating. We didn't get to see Isaac on the way back my MIL was not feeling well the night before and ended up in the bathroom most of the night and never slept so we went straight home to get her back to her house.

Shirley
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Shirley, sorry you missed a visit with Isaac. Know how you look forward to it.
    Glad George is such a tough guy.
    Sandy, I think You like to flirt too, lol!
    Lin, your color choices are just perfect. Certainly a gift you have. What did the fence person tell you?
    Marie, you ARE a sweet tater,lol!
    Patsy, OK, I won't talk about it, but it must be a scary experience. Does your doctor scold you? What about? All of Jim's doctors tell him to lose weight. He gains another pound.
    Anne, I once has a tiny black terrier, his best friend was an Irish Setter. They loved each other!
    Must scoot
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    oh no! lost my entire post! Too late to redo as it was a long one. Dr's visit successful. Sorry about PATSY's "uncelebration"! Yes LIN, decent transportation here at Edgewater. SANDY, Humana transports all our medical appointments free, even ambulance! Annoyed that I wasn't careful about saving my post carefully, but must get sleep now! Just must mention ANNE enters eighth decade as I prepare to leave it!
    <3 Buzz

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    On your side of the Atlantic 80f is mild but for this English rose it's a shock to the system. When we set off for our drive to a walk in the woods this morning the car told me it was closer to 90f and that was before 9 am so it was a relief to be under the trees for an hour! I am loving it though because the windows are open wide and I'm inclined to be doing housework at night which makes a change!! Quite a lot of hedge trimming was achieved yesterday so I'm now at the tidy up stage.... slow but sure. George is still not eating which considering he had a large dose of steroid is surprising but it's probably the heat more than anything and of course treats are still very acceptable as far as he's concerned so nothing much wrong there! Scruff again asked him to play in the woods but when he wouldn't she put her nose to his painful ear and then sniffed his back and walked away after a quick kiss.... so sweet. I've asked my walking friend to send me a copy of a photo she took yesterday of all 4 dogs on a log and will post it once it arrives in my mailbox.

Patsy ~ Being a head in the sand kind of gal myself I completely understand why you don't mention your heart condition, after all these things mustn't get in the way of day to day living and the enjoyment of our loved ones. Not the best way to celebrate your birthday but I'm sure you and John will make up for that!

Lin ~ Your creations are wonderful and I'll probably steal the cat from a few days ago to print off and frame!

Anne ~ If Jilly is anything like George and the Jack Russell's we walk with she will soon tell any larger dog off for getting too boisterous or close. Today we met a lady walking a black labrador (now what's wrong with that spelling... MFP underlining in red!) and little black mix that could have been your Jilly if not for its straight tail and boy, did she have the loudest bark of any of them, especially when a couple of huskies joined the party in the stream!!

Marie ~ All is right with the world if Jerry is delivering spuds to your bed!! LOL Have a good day today so you can get home very soon. <3

Shirley ~ Anything liable to sting at the first opportunity is best destroyed in my world too. Wasps are the worst culprits here so I hang bottles of sweet fruit juice in the trees to trap them. It works because bees are not attracted to it and only the wasps drown.

It's midday here and hottest time of the day but I must get myself going, move a large pack of wood shavings from the car for the hens' bedding and generally potter. Still no swimming at the local pool because the schools have taken over for end of terms galas which is a shame because it's perfect weather for it but a cool shower this morning was almost just as good!

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Yes BUZZ, we are tough old gals aren't we! If being 90 is as much fun as being 80 I shan't mind it one bit! To be honest I get quite a kick out of telling the 70 year olds that I'm 80 as I leap down the street after the Bean. "Nooooo, never!" They say as I smile modestly and girlishly, then I go home and collapse in a big heap in the armchair, unknown to them of course! I was telling Mary Jo last evening, never in my life have I been so scruffy and sans make up as I've been in the last 2 months and haven't minded one bit.
    Well today is make up a batch of "doggy stew" day to keep Jilly full of energy and exhaust me even further for another week.
    We soldier on!
    Happy day, everybody,
    Love from Anne and the unsinkable Jill. ❤️❤️