Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    <3 Barbie...I had you picked out in your picture right away. Lovely lady. ♥ I guess I will have to post in another group for that to work. Problem is I only post here.

<3 Buzz....I have never successfully made potato pancakes. :(

Going to a retirement luncheon for one of my bosses.
  • Swissmiss
    I would post in my Fitbit group but I can't figure out even how to reply there. And, they are asking for my user profile. There apparently is like a link?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Sandy I tried to send sandi I think she is an old member trying to find her way back.our link but the one I pick up does not take me to the group

I got a message from her last night saying she could not find us. I tried sending her a link but the one I pick up did not take me to the group She goes by isandi. The address line is just too small and dim for me to read it.
    Her message

"Hi, where is everyone?
    Is there a new group/

isandi "
    Could you send her the correct link Thanks.
  • CALIECAT
    Why is so hard for people to find us? its been ages since we have had a new member
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    Happy Tuesday! :D Robby is napping which is what I should do while he is sleeping but just checking in to say hi. I sit on Monday and Tuesday's so the rest of the week is mine.
    I have all my cards written and addressed but have to get them in the mail. Most of my shopping is done since the only one getting gifts is Robby, the others get cash, except for a few ornaments for grandchildren.
    Babe's foot is bothering him again so he is going to the foot doctor to see if more surgery is needed. Really??? I hope he isn't counting on me to take care of him, one baby at a time is enough for me. :p
    I don't know why we don't get new members Marie, we are listed with the groups so it is open to anyone. Maybe we are too old, just kidding. I did send a message to Sandi so hopefully she will join us.

I think I will try and nap now, talk later.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Sandy.
    I open a new thread called Golden Years. it has nothing to do with my love for the sneakers. just a thread on how us Seniors are coping with life. Id love reading about people and love meeting new people.. Most of all love talking to the Golden Ones.
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    Becky, go to community and click on whatever on one of the threads and just say something friendly in your post. That might be enough to get you a notification when someone replies.

Marie, the reason no one can find us is that there is no way to search the groups and no way to send an invitation to someone.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2014
    Morning
    Going for lunch today with my friend Donna today.

I hope the bridge isn't too busy with Christmas shoppers. My back is sore today so I made an apt for tomorrow at the chiropractor. I wrapped all gifts yesterday so that probably didn't help.

One thing I do like about the Tablet is there are many more smileys
    to pick from. :D

BUZZ- Enjoy your celebrations today! My mom used to make potatoes pancakes and I loved them.
    BARBIE - Lovely ladies in your group as you are one of them. :D
    BECKY - I hope you can figure out what you are trying to do on here.
    I just got a new tablet and posted on it and only half of my message came out on here so now I am retyping on the lap top.
    Definitely a learning curve.
    SANDY - I hope you don't have to babysit Babe too. :s
    MARIE - I didn't know you started another thread for Golden Years, where can I find that?
    LIN - Feel better. Tis the season. :(

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Shirley try this link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10033823/golden-years#late

This did not take me there I just don't know how to send a link. But it is under motivations and support
    marie
  • Sandydur
    edited December 2014
    There is an invite button next to our title The Senior Golden Sneakers........am I the only one who has it?
    You can also search for groups from the Community page.
  • barbiecat
    Sandydur wrote: »
    There is an invite button next to our title The Senior Golden Sneakers........am I the only one who has it?
    You can also search for groups from the Community page.

Sandy, I did some exploring and I don't see an invite button---maybe you have it because you are one of the group moderators.

Also I don't see where you can search for groups anymore

What I did find is that when I clicked on " members" I could see all our members and the month next to their name when they joined the group...that still doesn't answer Becky's question about when she joined MFP

• Sandydur
    edited December 2014
    The easiest way to find this would be to go on the website (www.MyFitnessPal.com) and log in with your username and password. Next click “check – in” > edit previous entries, and you can see your first weight check in, which if not edited will be the first day you signed up.

This is where the search box is located if you know the name of the group.
    l2eoqzj3o33s.jpg
    q2blm20cfi3f.jpg

Does everyone have this on their site or just me?

• Sandydur
    122224dr63dp166s.gif

To Buzz and Mike, Barbie and Jake and all who celebrate. <3
  • CALIECAT
    :#
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    hi everyone!
    I am back and I want to be consistent. I was Sandi38 when I was active before. I would not have found you if I had not remembered Marie's name. It seems like it took me forever to find you and I joined a couple of others on the way! This is really a different system.....glad I found you!
    Hugs!
  • Swissmiss
    <3 Welcome isandi. It seemed to take a while to get you here. Yes, MFP, like all other sites does change occasionally.

Everyone be sure to check out "Golden Years".
  • CALIECAT
    I been over on the thread having a time of my life. I got a new nickname for the Golden years. it is the Goldies Not changing name just a nick names. Shirley and Sandi thanks for droping by. I like it very much. they notify you when you have a message. Very neat. I am still a sneakers tho.And I am still going to keep on my weight lost plans. this one is doing wonders for me.
    have a great night.
    hugs Marie.

is Lin out of town.?
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Hi all - feels like I didn't get much done again today. A few errands, some checks written, some phone calls and the guys were over and the safe is in the basement--not bolted down but moved downstairs and unpacked.

So I don't think I have the flu but I do still have the tiredness, feel like I'm freezing much of the time, and honestly I if I could toss my cookies so-to-speak, it seems like it would be an improvement. Several people from my church are having similar symptoms so I guess it's some kind of little bug. Luckily it's not the really nasty flu that's also circulating here and so far I hear about it more in school-age children.

Marie, I'll have to get over there and check out your thread.

Sandy, NO, I don't have an *invite* option.

Hello iSandi!!! Where do you live?? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bye for now from Lin the non-perky Sneaker in Central Iowa
  • barbiecat
    :D I fixed latkes for dinner tonight...lots of calories and yummy.....the dogs and cat recognize candles and prayers in Hebrew and come and sit by us waiting for their treat---they get their regular treats, not latkes.

1853435iv8ava9ssr.gif
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Becky look what I found
    swissmiss1952 Joined January 2012 all of us now to go back and try to find it again.
    Marie
    Oh that is where you join the group. I know you join MFP in 2006 Sorry about that.. it came from the list of names on the group People that join and their date