Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Becky Just start one and am sure we will be there. Or Sandy could get our old ones back if we just ask her to do so. I missed seeing you and Judy there, did you find out your Join in date. with the instruction I gave you.
    Hugs to you
    Marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    ezizeg25pv8u.jpg

Winding down before bed after another busy day and I can hear the wind blowing down my chimney and rain against the window. Cosy in front of the fire and I'm testing the new way to post a photo of George and Jasper keeping warm during a cold snap last week!

I've read all your posts and will hopefully find time at the weekend to write more myself but right now my bed is calling me!

Jackie

• CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Jackie how homely your fire looks . George and jasper likes it too,I miss our Dearborn heaters since we got central Air and heat. But love that the whole house stays warm except when the wind is howling and seems to come right thru our windows. Stay warm
    Hugs Marie :s
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Oh Jackie - look at that sweet kitty sleep.........!! :) George stayed awake for his picture.

Hope you're getting some rest.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    <3 Jeri. I sure do hope you and Ed feeling better now.

<3 Becky, have a great day.

<3 Lin the mystery gal????????

<3 sandy being a wonderful grandma and friend another good friend

<3 buzz for being so sweet to us all.

<3 Shirley our lady about town. another good friend

<3 phoebe the best friend I could have long time friend.

<3 Sandi for finding her way back here. Glad to have you. Back
    Signing off so I can get my coffee and get my glasses so I can see what the heck I am posting.
    Marie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2014

MARIE - You are a lovely and talented lady, and we love you too!

I just read everyone's posts and we are a busy bunch. Dave and I are going to a Memorial service this morning for a friend of the family who passed away. He was also too young and had a family and children. Such a hard time for families this time of year.

JACKIE - Love the picture of your two animals. It was nice of George to smile for you.

LIN - Hang in there honey, I hope your Christmas is more relaxing for you. You are so busy and need a break. You are another talented lady who knows her crafts.

BUZZ - Enjoy your Gala. Are you wearing a ball gown?

Well gotta go Dave had a friend on Skype he wants to talk too.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

Still cloudy and gloomy today

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member

Here is a picture of Izzy on our stairs, we will have him again at Christmas.

c3vyrmu4kef6.jpg

Shirley

• CALIECAT
    111467.png
    9 lb lost on new plan. December 19, 2014 <3<3<3
    Marie<3
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited December 2014
    Marie - Wonderful job!!!! Can you tell me exactly what your plan is.
    JACKIE - loved the picture. Marie is right, so homey.
    Shirley - love that picture too. Love cats. But have allergic family so we can't have them.
    Lin- gorgeous flowers
    Buzz - hoped it was a great night tell us all about it.
    Sandy - hope you are doing well too.
    Chris - good to see you back
    Hope Phyllis is having a great time at the resort
    Phoebe - always nice to see you
    BARBIE - no wonder you go to bed so early when you are up in the middle of the night. You are amazing

I'm missing people I know, Becky, GAYLA, etc. Etc. But scared to go back as I'll lose my post. LOL. Buzz knows what I am like.

Now I know I've missed a bunch of people. We are still not 100%. One day we feel we are getting better, then not so good the next. Ed saw doctor again, it is just a bad virus, or a series of viruses. Then I got a bladder infection on top of it.

Still working on finishing our shopping. Almost there.

My sister continues to struggle with her life. She has had nothing but bad things happen to her this last year and 2015 will be hard to as she will be going through a divorce. I feel so hopeless. Wish I lived closer. She hoped to come to Calgary after Christmas but the higher altitude is not good for her frequent heart palpitations. I doubt if she will come. I miss her.

Oh well, give myself a shake. Hope it is a great day for everyone.

Jeri
  • Well I've found myself here, I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure if I'll get back once I sign out, what a dimwit! Sandydur via Marie invited me to join your group and I said "yes please" being a bit of a loner until now. I wasn't! But I'm afraid all of my generation in my family have passed and so have most of my long standing friends. All in the last 2 years. Terrible shock, but I picked myself up and joined MFP. So thank you Sandy and Marie. BUT you are all SO creative.! Amazing. I paint a bit and I love to write, but I could never do the gorgeous needlework you gals do! Like most of you I have a much loved pet, in my case Tabitha Daisy, who was once a shelter cat but has lived with me for 12 years making her 17 years old about now. And that's about it, except I have two lovely loving sons, a beautiful D in L and two much loved grandsons. Cheers, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    So glad you found you way here Anne where do you live? I am having great grandkid' now , One due in January going to be a boy name Grayson. you will have to get familiar with posting pictures and post your grand's
    we all feel like family here now we have a new family member. Welcome
    994458so4ceb6k9e.gif

hugs
    marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    Happy Friday! :D I had such a busy day yesterday I never checked in. I had to get all my cards ready for mailing, then to the post office, my meeting, coffee with some members after the meeting, shopping for Robby and finally home. I hate Christmas shopping at the stores, it is so stressful and crowded. I am finished now except for a few things from Walmart which I will do today. Babe is coming over this morning to bring me my check. Oh by the way his foot surgery is January 14, which I will probably take him to the hospital if his son doesn't interfere.

Marie, CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss, you are our hero. I am like Shirley and hate what I am seeing on the scale so no posting for me until after the New Year. I have invited the two names you gave to me to join us here, on my page it shows on the side of the group page that an invitation has been sent.
    I only sit on Monday and Tuesday until Lisa's mom goes back to Florida, who knows maybe she won't go. I will try to get the games back Marie, can't promise anything. B)

Shirley, Izzy is adorable but let's hope he leaves the carpet alone on Christmas. B) This is a busy time of year but we will all connect again in the New Year, at least I hope so. So sorry about your friend, it is always so hard to lose someone around the holidays.

Jackie, love, love, love the picture of George and Jasper. It would make a great Christmas card. <3

Buzz, I will give little Robby big hugs from you, he loves them. You do know how hard it is for me to say no don't you?? But with watching Robby I don't have time to be a nurse. B)

Chris, Merry Christmas to you and your family as well, just in case we don't hear from you. <3

Lin, you have got to slow down and take care of yourself, nothing is so important that it can't wait. The rug is beautiful, you have lots of talent. Please don't over do, we don't want you sick for Christmas. <3

Becky, I will look for the old games but feel free to start new ones.

Phyllis, I don't think any of us likes the new setup, it is too confusing. Sorry to hear you were sick but glad you are heading to your beach house for some rest and relaxation. <3

Phoebe, what happened with your back procedure? Was it done today or rescheduled?

I started this earlier but got side tracked by Babe and the insurance lady who came to my house so I could change auto insurance to save some money.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    Jeri This diet I am on is so simple so easy. and I love it.
    It is called ONE ONE ONE , For each meal you have 1 serving of Protein, 1 serving of carbs, ans 1 serving of good fat , Snacks are 1/2 servings of Your meals. and she explains what count as carbs. I am leaving my carbs off at the evening meal so I can lose faster If I have a snacks I make sure I have protein, a carb, and a fat 1/2 servings of each. Simple eat in moderations and have your 3 Ones. Nothing is off limit.except moderation.
    marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    1030932ylj1su6533.gif

Welcome Anne, glad you found us. <3
  • linder4866
    1013343v243qyih2s.gif

Welcome Anne! Glad you found your way to us!!! I'm Lin, pretty much on my own in the world.

Just got off the phone trying to straighten out insurance policy problems, medical claims billing issues for my dad and of course, nothing accomplished. Ha. Or maybe this time of year I should say ho-ho-ho! Giggle.

Back to my tasks.

Lin in Central Iowa
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    WELCOME, ANNE, wish I had time to do a proper intro, but I'm the elder of this bunch, and I've not been kicked out yet!. Terrific group , love them all, and after the holidays I'll hopefully get back to posting properly!
    Hi, everybody! Great posts, beautiful animals, JACKIE's Michael is a gray version of my DS's something-poo, who's spine is almost completely healed. Thank you, MARIE, my adopted li'l sis! Love you , too! Yes JERI, we vie for biggest post losers, and hope you feel better quick! Really gotta run, but hugs to every one of you.....oh, and no, I didn't
    wear a gown, and I ate only shrimp at the cocktail hour, and what a sacrifice that was, with escargot, brie, beef Wellington, egg rolls, and a dozen other drool -makers! I lost the 2 pounds I gained the day before!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Sound like a lovely dinner buzz Great on losing 2 lbs.keep it up my dear.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    OMG - no one wouldver kick any of our darlings out of this group!! Buzz, Marie, Jeri, Sandi, Dia ne, Karen, Phyllis, Barbie, Shirley, and each and every one----precious.

Okay, more phone calls made so now I'm waiting for replies from so many places I wonder f I'll remember what I wanted when each gets back to me? Haaaaa. Well, probably it's true.

Here's a picture of one of my favorite Santas. He's got on his bunny slippers and has his blanket and a bell on his cap........it's got a music box that plays "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" :D And I don't know if the picture will show up properly or if Santa will be on his side or upsidedown!

ph8hezqgbzt7.jpg

Later!

Lin
  • linder4866
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Sound like a lovely dinner buzz Great on losing 2 lbs.keep it up my dear.
    Marie

I totally agree Marie---WTG Buzz!!

• CALIECAT
    I like using the quote now Used to it did not give the quoter name and I never knew who they were talking about.