Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Marie - I like the quote feature now too but I don't like how stuff is showing up on the page. I refresh and refresh but no new posts and then I come back later and suddenly 5 or 6 posts that weren't there before are scattered in among the posts. Wonder if it's my laptop or what?

Well, I'll do my best.

Handyman just left and my safe is now installed so I can now mess with filling out the paperwork to send to the company, see if I can get my fingerprint entered into the biometric feature and finally see what will fit in the little tiny thing. Haaaaaa.

Cold and gray here today. The weather guys are trying to decide what next week will bring our way. If it's slippery I will not be going to see my dad Christmas day. I'll wait and see.

Onward!!

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    It used to confuse me to Lin But not now.
  • linder4866
    I hope I catch on Marie.......! Meanwhile, about 14,500 steps and 30 flights of stairs today. I think I'll take a book, a ball of yarn and head upstairs. See you tomorrow.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    194904olsgis3xqe.gifMy line dance class was fabulous today. We danced familiar dances to ten different holiday songs (8 Christmas and 2 Hanukkah). One woman brought homemade Christmas ornaments for everyone and a poinsettia plant for me, several brought sweet treats, and the class gave me a card and a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant. Lots of people thanked me for the fun class and there was lots of laughter throughout the morning.

smiley-bounce013.gifAfter class Jake took me for my mammogram and then took me out to the Mexican restaurant that has spinach tamales and all the pico de gallo you want to put on them.

:D Jeri, I sleep between six and seven hours a night, just at a different time from every body else

:D Shirley, I love the photo of Izzy

:mrgreen: Jackie, George and Jasper look so comfy by the fire

Sasha and Brandy got new haircuts today.

mb6lfg1ae3eb.jpg

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Barbie - I guess you are right. I've always been a morning person just not as much as you. Love the picture of Sasha and Brandy.

Lin - terrific work with the steps

Buzz - good job. I've done that too - just eat the shrimp / at least it is good.

Found a cute joke

A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer. The husband puts, "Mypenis," and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says, "Error. Not long enough."

See you all tomorrow

Jeri
  • Jeri, roflol!

home home sweet home! Plan to sleep and everything else starts tomorrow.
    No, no back procedure. Appt on Monday about my knee pain, which is worse than the back pain all of a sudden.
    Im falling apart!
    Great photos,
    welcome to Anne.
    sleep beckons
    Phoebe
  • 5.39 and I'm wide awake. I seem to sleep less and less but it's not a problem, gives me lots of time to catch up on reading. I'm reading Anne Cleves books right now. This is really to say thank you for all the WELCOMES! I'm up in Ontario, Canada, Marie. Hope today is a good one for everybody.
  • P.S. I could be wrong but if anyone is interested in an "overweight" female detective named Vera, I THINK a new series is on PBS tonight - Saturday at 9 pm called Vera. If so, it will be interesting for me to see if they follow the books.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    <3 BlueHarebell....did you join this group? If so, then go to community, groups and click on this one. Welcome and I hope to see more of you.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    <3 Jeri..I will keep your sister in my prayers. I know how hard going through a divorce can be. If she holds on to Jesus, He will see her through.

<3 Marie...what is your new plan? I want to try that.

<3 Jackie....love your cozy picture. I wish I were lying in front of that fire.

<3 Shirley...is Issy a grandcat?
  • Good morning swissmiss, thank you for the advice especially as I'm a computer Internet learner. Funnily, and I'm always at my brightest this early, I was scrolling down after community and groups, and there you all are. Up to then I was struggling to find you all. Just by chance, no brilliance on my part, so all advice is most welcome. Anne
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Anne I wish they could find a way to let people know we are here That is my pet peeve.about the group. I don't even know how to find the new people to invite them to our Chat topic. And they don't know how to find us.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Becky the diet I am on is One one one and very simple you eat moderate carbs, serving at each meal 1serving protein, 1 serving of carbs, 1 serving of fat. and all the non starches veggies you want
    Snacks 1/2 serving of protein, carbs, fat , and veggies . it keeps your motor running to burn that fat/
    it may not be for all but it sure is working for me.The book will tell you what carbs consist of. you will be surpise
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Phoebe I sure hope you get some relief with your knee pain. how is your reading coming along.Glad you are home. how is Jim doing.?
    Love 'ya
    marie

jeri I sure did have a good laugh over your joke.So funny
  • linder4866
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Phoebe I sure hope you get some relief with your knee pain. how is your reading coming along.Glad you are home. how is Jim doing.?
    Love 'ya
    marie

jeri I sure did have a good laugh over your joke.So funny

Marie just said what I was thinking! (Still giggling over that joke Jeri.)

Phoebe - am glad you are home but sorry for the health and pain issues. I am falling apart as well so I really feel for you.

Anne - you are an early riser! Good morning. I don't get up so early now because somehow I shifted my schedule and even when I go to bed I often stay up and read late. I have found I actually do like to sleep. It's when I'm most comfortable (you know joint pain and feet issues).

Shirley - where are you this weekend?? Staying home or visiting?

Jeri - feel better soon. I hate to hear you and your DH are having continued problems. Several of my friends have the flu---bad flu. So far none have gone to the hospital but are staying home and quite miserable. Hugs to you and I feel so bad for your sister.

Sandy - I hope you have a great weekend and am sorry to hear that Babe has to have surgery again. This just seems toooo often.

Gayla - where are you? I hope you're feeling okay.

Marie - I know it's football weekend. And you're ready.

Jackie - I hope all is well in your part of the world. You home does look so incredibly cozy and warm. Lovely.

Becky - did you ever manage to get a little time for yourself or did your family fill it up for you?

Well, need to make a quick trip to the library, almond milk has to be created, gonna cook some black bean pasta today and might make that quick throw stuff in the Vitamix pumpkin/chia seed pudding.

I was actually trying to plan what to wear to church tomorrow but found out the darling boots I wanted to wear---forget-about-it. The great toe joint on my left foot has now gotten too darn big---I can't slip the boot on that foot. Darn. I love shoes and boots but I always have to see how my feet feel before picking out what I can wear each day. Bother.

Sorry for everyone I've missed. You know I do appreciate you!!

Hugs and best best best wishes.

Lin in Central Iowa

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited December 2014
    Happy Saturday! :D Today is the day I will pay all my bills, wrap my presents and find an easy appetizer to make for Christmas Eve. Later I will go to Mass with Babe and out to dinner before going to see Daisy whom he said threw up again today. sigh. I think he just worries too much. She is also itching a lot so he called the doctor on his cell phone and although it isn't allergy season he put her on benedryl.

Lin, funny, I went to Payless to look for shoes because I just can't seem to wear a shoe with a heel anymore but found nothing there because of my bunions. I like a shoe to cover them and that is not easy to do. I will probably wear my old comfy shoes unless I can stand to wear my boots with a small heel. This getting old is not easy is it??

Becky, started a game so I hope you will play, it should be listed under the topics for the Golden Sneakers. <3

Anne, you are an early riser which always amazes me. I usually sleep until 8 or so, but on Monday and Tuesday when school is in session and I sit for my grandson who is 5 months old, I get up at 6am. I am ready for a nap when he goes down at 7;30 and am grateful if he sleeps a couple of hours. By the way, I am from Illinois, have four children, 7 grandchildren and I am separated from my husband for the last two years even though we still love each other. All I can say about that is STEPCHILDREN. I also have an Old English Sheepdog named Daisy who is 5 years old but lives with my husband. Feel free to share with us.

Phoebe, welcome home, I see you got home in the middle of the night. I hope you got some sleep and feel refreshed this morning. <3 Sorry about that knee pain, I remember it well. :#

Jeri, so sorry you and Ed are under par, I do hope you feel better for Christmas. Love your joke which reminds me of another. A guy goes to a medicine man and gets a special brew to enhance his performance but it came with instructions. Once you take the pill you count to three and it will last for as long as you need. But once you count to four it will not work for weeks. He goes home takes the pill calls his wife in the bedroom and she is excited he counts to three and she says why did you count one, two, three......for?????

Barbie, the pups look beautiful, they groomer did a great job. Line dance sounds like a lot of fun with the holiday songs, I am sure all had fun. Very nice of your class to give you a gift for all your hard work. Hope all went well with your mammogram, I just scheduled mine for January 2.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    OK here's one more joke before I go start my day

I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member

I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.

Lol lol
  • linder4866
    Sandydur wrote: »

Lol lol

Lol and a SNORT! :D
  • What happens to Canadian geese when they fly upside down?
    They quack up.