Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2014
    Phoebe - I am sorry to hear about your knee. I hope you are pain free for Christmas.
    Enjoy your Christmas party.

Anne- That was a nice poem and so true.

Lin - No! Don't leave us we would miss you too much. Also I like to hear how
    Your Dad is doing.

Jeri - LOL love the senior driving joke.

Marie - Hi

Phyllis - Your new villa sounds wonderful. A labor of love . Can't wait to see the pictures.

Dave is home today and looks like his work for the holiday may be done. He will be off
    For two weeks.

Just an update on my cousin Mark, he went in for surgery again on Dec 18th. I guess. He had a tumor on his spine. No details as yet.

I should get my breakfast and put my laundry away. A lazy day for me.

Have a wonderful day and be kind to each other.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    lin as your long time friend I forbid you to quit posting here. It would really leave part of my heart behind and I am sure no one meant to imply any unkind words. We all have Senior moments. So get your butt back here. we all really love you and would miss you terrible. Nor more talk about quit posting here at the Golden Sneakers Carry on as usually please.
    your friend forever and thank you for the lovely Christmas card you sent me by mail/ so sweet of you. merry Christmas

hugs to all of my friends Merry Christmas. You all mean the world to me.
    marie .
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited December 2014
    Happy Tuesday!! :D I got my manicure and grocery shopping done yesterday and made a hair appointment for tomorrow morning. Today I am meeting Lisa, Robby and her family for Santa pictures at the mall. We were able to make an appointment so we don't have to wait in long lines. (I hope) If there are no plans after Santa I am going to try to meet up with two friends for a Christmas drink. B)

Babe called with all kind of news, trouble in the home front with his son and wife. That's all I will say about that. :p

Lin, please come out and play with us. <3 Love the 4 leaf clover. <3

Shirley, sorry about your cousin, I do hope he will be fine and his tumor is benign. :(

Anne, your poem is beautiful and very inspiring, thank you for sharing. <3

Jeri, you are a real comedian, keep them coming. <3

Phoebe, have fun at the Christmas party, although it will be bittersweet. <3

Phyllis, your Villa sounds amazing, can't wait for the pictures. <3

Marie, where oh where are you?? <3

With the hustle and bustle of the holiday, take some time for yourself. <3

Have a good one.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

smiley-love001.gif
  • Lin, please don't stop posting, I'm just getting to know you and I like your posts very much. I'm having trouble too, with the modem I think judging by the messages I'm getting from server Bell. I'm hopeless and have to wait for my lads to come over and sort me out. So if I disappear too, you all know why. Merrie, merrie Christmas to you Lin and all the other nice people here on sneakers.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    <3 Sandy I'm here. been busy .
    Sorry to hear more trouble on the home front right here at Christmas Time. thank goodness not your problems anymore but know Babe must be upset His son has a huge burden on his Plate.
    me too <3 Phylis PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 (*) <3 PHOEBE I sort of thought it might have been Him. Sorry. Gosh I hope that shot help your knee Merry Christmas you always did do A lot of Baking for Christmas. so very thoughtful of you
    <3 jeri I have been laughing so hard I almost wet my pants

<3 lin is not going to quit posting. she is a Sneakers and we always come back home.

<3 anne I have not found your open but will go right now and hunt for it

Merry Christmas Time of year for love ones. And you all are my love ones.
    Hugs Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    <3 I found it anne. lovely.Thank you for sharing.

<3
    Shirley So good to hear from you. you as busy as ever.
    I need to get some washing done.

Hugs
    Marie

hey its lunich time and have not got the fainters' ideal what I am going to eat.
    Being lazy and have nor prepare a thing. no way to treat a diet.

help
    I am having problems with The Glitter. com. sometimes it hold the last thing I used and will not post my new glitter. anyone know how I can get rid of the old one. I know it is something I am doing wrong , But what? it is not all the time but still annoying

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Christmas is almost here. Here's our Christmas Photo for 2014. Merry Christmas everyone

Jeri and Ed in Calgary, Alberta Canada

2vjwya9.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Lovely Jeri. it will be Sunday before jerry and I get ours made. for we do not have a tree up/ you two are cute as a bug. Thanks for sharing with us.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :D Jeri, you and Ed look great in your picture

:D Sandy, how great that you can be so detached from Babe and the latest crisis with his son. You have a beautiful life and can be grateful to be out of the mess.

:D Marie, glitter graphics seems to have it's own set of computer problems right now. It might be better tomorrow.

2597074pgo45m0alk.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    edited December 2014
    139001e328y008hp.gif

I didn't have any trouble putting on glitter graphics picture in one post and another immediately after in this post
  • Cute cute graphics!

Lin, what mistakes? I don't understand. Plz keep posting, I look forward to reading them.

The screensavers on xfinity tv are very pretty. Holiday lights and snow scenes.
    it is pouring rain, thunder and lightning, doesnt seem like December.

i was weepy at the party, lots of memories and nice words spoken . His son and daughter were there and they did great, no breakdowns. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Cant believe that I'm still awake. I felt like going straight to bed when i got home. Very tired

Sandy, I took your advice, even though I hadn't read it yet. To take time for myself, since I didnt eat at the party coz the line was long and I wanted to leave. I stopped in the midst of my errands to have lunch at O'Charleys. It was delicious. Marie, I applied the 1 1 1 plan, and had steak, green beans and salad. My carb was to be one of their yeast rolls, but i saved it for last and only had half. I havent had steak in a long time. I usually have tilapia.

Tomorrow is another day, see you there. P.s., Jeri, your photo is excellent!

Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,363 Member
    Hi - hoping this post works. I found this tucked in a book at the library today, I kind of liked it and thought I'd share it..........

The Value of a Smile at Christmas

It costs nothing, but creates much.
    It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give.
    It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.
    None are so rich they can get along without it, and none so poor but are richer for its benefit.
    It creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in a business, and is the countersign of friends.
    It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and Nature’s best antidote for trouble.
    Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is no early good to anybody till it is given away.
    And if in the last-minute rush of Christmas buying, some salespeople should be too tired to give you a smile, may we suggest you leave one of yours?
    For nobody needs a smile so much as those who have none left to give!

Author Unknown :):):)

Lin
  • You found a very nice gift in that book. Thanks for sharing

good night
    Phoebe
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited December 2014
    I just logged into MFP from my computer and when I scrolled back I saw the picture of us I posted. On my computer it is laying on its side instead of straight up and down. On my iPad it works just fine. You figure . . . . . . . So for some of you it is probably right and for others it is probably crooked. LOL I posted the same picture on Facebook and it is ok there so who knows.

Now I am the Queen of the Screwy Post too!!

Good night all,

Jeri
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    I woke up yesterday with a sore, swollen throat. I never get sick but when I do it is usually over the holidays. I did manage to go to work yesterday because there would not have been anyone to replace me. I am taking some generic AirBorn and am hoping to get over this quickly.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    By the way...I have visited the glitter site and I know how to save the images to my computer but...I don't know how to add them to a post.
  • CALIECAT
    I just logged into MFP from my computer and when I scrolled back I saw the picture of us I posted. On my computer it is laying on its side instead of straight up and down. On my iPad it works just fine. You figure . . . . . . . So for some of you it is probably right and for others it is probably crooked. LOL I posted the same picture on Facebook and it is ok there so who knows.

Now I am the Queen of the Screwy Post too!!

Good night all,

Jeri

<3 (*) <3

Jeri I was wondering why you were of you side Well we all get screwed up sometime even the computer.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Swissmiss wrote: »
    By the way...I have visited the glitter site and I know how to save the images to my computer but...I don't know how to add them to a post.

Becky just copy the code and go back to the post you want to post it and paste it. Barbie gave us instructions year ago.

• Lin - that is lovely, The Value of a Smile at Christmas, and indeed, all year round Lin.
    -
    Jeri - lovely Christmassy picture. I'm right up there with you in the screwy post contest! If there are enough of us maybe we should form a side group, "clueless computer chicks", or something. Now that would bring a smile, e.g. My upside down cat Tabitha Daisy.

Swiss miss - oh I do sympathise with you and your swollen, sore throat. I've still got mine but I'm hoping I'll be okay tomorrow when I am supposed to cook the meal. I don't want to pass it on to my family, so we'll see. I do feel a bit better today. Hope everyone else is germ free, ache free, and about to enjoy the happiest day of the year.

Phoebe - good morning.
  • CALIECAT
    see Phoebe that was not bad now , Was it. you follow it to a T. now do all your meals and snacks that way
    1 protein, 1 carb, one fat all the free veggies you want. that's a nice ideal save your roll carb and butter for after meal. I have a granddaughter that always do that. she really work at getting the butter just right. I guess it gives her time to get ready to really enjoy it. A very good plan. lot easier than counting points, Just take it one meal at a time.
    My breakfast this morning will be my usually. ! piece of raisin toast T. of whipped cream cheese spread. a smear of sugar free apricot jelly and chopped pecans.
    Marie