Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    It's evening so I'm about to light my stove because it's now cool and damp outside. Brady won't go out in the rain, possibly because he was lost on the moor in such weather before we found him, so is driving my household of pets crazy because he's bored..... also still tearing wallpaper and popping his claws into my sofa. What is it about cat's feeling the need to sharpen their weapons?? My car was returned to the garage today for 2 new tyres in order to pass the MOT and I then spent the afternoon cooking and also melting bees wax ready to pour through a sieve before making candles. Thanks for asking Lin, the chicken door is now working although I have to check at night to ensure Squeak has gone inside rather than perch on the roof! I'm sure she'll get it one day. Great news for Sandy, although baseball was never a sport I could get into watching; too much like our rounders! Anne one of my window boxes has a cascade of tiny white daisy type flowers that seem to be totally confused thinking summer has come round again. Mind you, they'l be having a shock today and things are only going downhill from now on with Arctic weather sliding down the country although Roy will feel a blast before me!! Marie you know we love you and feel family so have to thank you for setting sneakers up initially. <3 A good job you grabbed those jeans but I'd treat myself to new although keep the old ones for pottering at home. Dear Buzz, a rotten task to have to be going through and Sandy's right, a few tears must be almost compulsory with so many memories floating out of those drawers. Take it steady. <3

I know I'm missing lots of you but must get on with lighting the stove before the cottage becomes cold.

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well I just heard from the Toronto weatherman, Anthony Farnell, that we are going to have an old fashioned winter. Yes.. with lots of snow so we better be ready. How comforting Anthony!

I had 4 wonderful days with my grandson Isaac and now home again. He calls both me and the other grandma "Gogo". I guess it could be worse but I think its cute, he was looking for Gogo this morning.

Lin Love the puzzle and the drawing, you are very talented and the Halloween puzzle was really cute and I couldn't find the missing piece. As far as the issue of the police being shot, its awful but unfortunately its happening everywhere, be safe.

Jeri Beautiful Banff in all its wonders. You captured it perfectly.

Phoebe Isaac and mom slept in because Isaace decided to not sleep between 3 and 6 am so his mom was exhausted. For some reason he isn't sleeping like when he was a baby. I told her to stop the morning nap and stretch his morning out and then give him lunch and then a nap.

Marie Good luck with the new doctor and hope you get the results you want.

Buzz That has to be the hardest thing getting rid of Mike's clothes. Shedding some tears is good for the soul as I am sure you did. <3

Anne Yes...it has been a warm few days but I think the cold is on its way, be prepared.

Sandy Go Cubs! I watched some of the game but then to bed I went. Congrats on the win!

Today was lunch with my sister and shopping. We had pouring rain today but it cleared before she came and it made for nice shopping weather.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Here is our little race car driver and his Pit Crew, mom and dad.

3a9cju95olnu.jpg

Shirley
  • karengreen7140
    karengreen7140 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All--

I've been away for quite awhile, but I'm trying to get back on track. Started logging food on MFP and bought an online program to help me get back into strength training. I'm also trying to walk 6 days/week. So far I'm at about 40% I guess.

Not sure how often I'll be checking in, but I wanted to know that I'm still around and I haven't forgotten you. I've been able to keep track of Lin, Marie and Phoebe on Facebook. Thanks, ladies for friending me.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Driving up to the camper tomorrow (Friday) for the day to check on things and to get my hair cut and colored. Will need to get up much earlier than usual to arrive in time for the hair appointment. Probably should have gone to sleep earlier tonight. :#
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday. :)
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    MARIE, dear, sounds to me as if you are slim and lovely and your sugar is having problems being regulated! The low sugar is dangerous, so make certain you always have a "sugar-fix" on or near you! I'm so glad you have a visiting nurse! Stay well, li'l Sis!
    SANDY, I don't usually follow sport teams, but I was so thrilled for you when I learned the Cubs won ! Hope the same thing happened tonight. I can't stand turning on the TV lately...Oh, I just saw your newest post! CONGRATS!!! 108 years and never gave up hope!!!
    And by the way, I have Comcast, Gmail and Thunderbird as well as using WindowsLiveMail! Cannot export my email on any of them. As soon as I have an hour to spare, I'll call Dell! They are great support.
    ANNE...Huh? Flowers blooming now? Crazy weather!
    JACKIE, I always smile when I read your posts on your 2 and 4-legged brood! They have such personalities!
    Dear Gogo SHIRLEY, how adorable. So nice that your sister lives close. I'm adjusting to the idea I may never see mine again; she's in Colorado and I'm in Florida, and neither of us flies any more! Sad.
    Welcome back KAREN. My memory is not what it used to e, so can you fill me in on where, when, etc? Thanks.
    MARCELLA. THat makes 2 of us. Why do I get to my computer so late all the time? I'm certain you'll get there on time!
    Attended the first of my meetings of the Grieving Group and have to decide whether to keep going. Perhaps it's too soon. Invited our chaplain back to my place, since the meeting was just down the corridor, and i asked if he would like to choose some or all of Mike's ties, as his salary is not huge and they have 4 grown kids, 4 grandkids, ailing Moms and Dads on both sides, and help out everybody all the time! He said he's never owned ties of that quality and was thrilled to have them, especially since they belonged to Mike. Those 2 were quite close. I will not tell a soul here, since there is a no gift, no tipping policy that can be quite rigid! However, Mike has not worn a tie since we moved here, and the chaplain must wear them at work, and I will be thrilled to see them used again! I'm thinking what a bright and understanding couple they are, and they come from Georgia, and his brand of character and observations often remind me of PHOEBE, so...hats off to Georgia! (Also, don't you all love Sweet Georgia Brown?)
    It's feeling nice to be back in the regular dining room again, with all my friends. Catching up with all I've missed for the past 4 months. Perhaps I will grab hold of my time and try to ge back to exercise again, even though my OA has become much worse! I no longer even know which days are gout and which days are Arthritis!
    Maybe I'll get to bed before 1:30 tonight (morning?) which will be a miracle!
    <3 Buzz

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hello dear friends, off to meet a friend for coffee. Haven't seen her for a while and she and her hubby are in the midst of a big remodel project in their home and I haven't heard much about it. And she's starting a new job soon. I suspect I have a lot of listening and nodding in store!!

Tonight I am going to a Rend Collective concert at a church near here and am looking forward to that.

Now back tracking a bit.

Shirley, another beyond adorable picture of Isaac and family. <3

Karen, wahoo! You're baaaaaak!!!!!! :) Wonderful. I never hear enough from you on Facebook. Hope to see you more often.

Marcella, I hope you have a lovely trip to the camper and that you aren't too tired. I never seem to even out my needs for rest and needs to keep moving. Travel safely.

Jackie, I was reading your post and kept saying, light the fire, light the fire!!!! Did you hear me? Don't want you to be chilled. Well yeah on the chicken door working but boo that you have to check on Squeak!! Hey Squeak, go indoors!!

Buzz, I am happy to hear you are back to your regular dining room and back with your friends. That is wonderful. Happy to hear several of Mike's ties have gone to a special person. I hope you are able to get more rest now. I have to tell you I am so jealous of one of my friends, she just got a new iPhone 7 AND she is in her son's plan. Everything and I mean everything was taken care of for her, all the set up, data and photo transfers etc. Between her son and Verizon she is all set. She didn't have to do anything except listen to her son describe the new features. Doesn't that sound like heaven??

Well, I best blast off. Hugs to everyone...

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    What a morning! No hair appointment for me after all.
    I left home this morning and immediately noticed the truck was pulling to the right. So, I stopped to check the tires and noticed my front tire was going flat. Fortunately, I was still close enough to home to drive back. My husband inflated the tire and told me where he had purchased the tires. I arrived at that location only to find out we were not in the system. BUT, my husband was 100% certain that was where he bought the tires and that he remembered it was on a Sunday so it HAD to be that store. Well..... he was 100% wrong. So...the people at that tire place re-inflated my tire again so that I could drive to the correct tire store. The tire is being replace and my truck will be ready later today. :# (And...it turns out the tires were originally purchased on a Tuesday, not a Sunday. Go figure!)
    Marcella
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz do not get rid of Any of Mike EQUIPMENT. I sill hAVE LL ALL MINE EVEN THO CI CAN NOT USED THEM IN THE SMALL HOUSE. WO KNOW MAYBE SOME DAY i MIGHT. OR A MEMBER CAN. OF MY FAMILY LOVE YOU dEAR.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    tHANK YOU ALL FO BEING SO SWEET TOO ME LOVE YOU ALL.
    mARIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I CAN GET ON FACEDBOOK AN GLITTE THRU MY i PAD mY PROVLEM WIH MY i PAD i CAN NOT READ IT IT. BUT NOT ON MY COMPUUDTOR i AM LOOKING FODRWARD TO TH COWBOYS GAME
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Babe was here with supplies after waking me to tell me he was coming. Of course it was 9 AM so it was time to get up. He is waiting to hear from the nurse from Mayo today with instructions on the MRI they have to schedule. I hope it is soon but more important I do hope they don't have to go back to Mayo after the results. I am quite busy watching Robby while Lisa has all these appointments. Other than the early morning appointments I really don't mind, he is easy to watch. No plans today for which I am happy, sometimes just staying home is just relaxing.

Marie, sorry you can't get on Facebook or Glitter Graphics on your IPad, I am sure that is frustrating. Enjoy the Cowboys game, I know you love your football.

Marcella, oh no, sorry about your tire and missing your haircut and color. Did your husband realize he was wrong once you reminded him where the tires were actually bought and what day?

Lin, enjoy nodding your head while your friend catches you up on everything. I had to google Rend Collective and it looks like a fun concert. Are you going alone or with a friend?

Buzz, the Chicago Parade for the Cubs is due to start any minute, what an exciting time for Chicago. I am not a big sports fan, but this is different, I think all of Chicago is happy for them after 108 years. Our dear Harry Cary must be beaming from heaven!! I think you will know if and when you need to attend the Grieving Group, there is no hurry. How sweet of you to give the chaplain some of Mike's ties, I am sure Mike would approve. Now it is time for you to take care of yourself, you deserve it!!!

Karen, nice to hear from you, I too, am a facebook friend but you haven't posted for a while.
    Drop in here when you can, we are always happy to hear from you.

Shirley, what a great costume and great picture. Gogo Shirley is cute, a name you will always treasure!! I am not sure what we would be doing without our new grandsons, but they sure make our world complete don't they?

Jackie, I always smile when you write about your cozy fire in your charming cottage. Brady sounds like a child who hates being confined and wants to play. Making your own candles is interesting, do you make special designs or colors?

Anne, I think the Cubs made national news since it was so long. lol You have lots of patience to listen your cousins hubby about his sports team. You are a good friend. We too, are having unseasonable weather, I love it!!

Patsy, are you away?

Have a wonderful day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    Options
    Karen- Welcome back to the group, I am also a friend of yours on Facebook and hope to see more of you.

Today ended up to be a busy day unexpected. I went to Yoga class and delivered another meditation bench which my hubby made and I gave him the money from the two I delivered previously.
    Then Dave had to go to St. Catharines to exchange a cable box for his mom. They delivered a very large box which we wanted the smaller box that everyone is using. So then I went to my eye doctor and picked up my eye glass prescription and took it to another Optomitrist who has free frames. So I picked out my frames and they should be ready in a week for a price of $179 instead of over $400 from my eye doctor. That is much better deal.

Now I have laundry to put away. Enjoy the day its sunny but cool.

Shirley
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Sitting here waiting for my doctor. My 5 year breast cancer check up. I will now be transferred back to my family doctor. That is a little scary but it is progress in a way.

I'm sitting here with a huge bump on my head. The sun shone in my eyes as I was opening the door into the clinic. I lost my perspective and whacked my forehead. Geeee!!!

Buzz - glad you can eat with your friends again and so glad you could give a couple of Mike's ties to a very good person. When we gave away Mom's things, I was so happy when things found a good home.

As for my photography skills. I'm purely an amateur but I do love getting the shots just right

Sandy - hurrah. I grew up always watching the World Series so I love baseball. Glad to see the Cubs win.

Time to go in.

Best wishes all

Jeri
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am getting my courage up for two things I must do but hate doing. I have my twice annual physical on Election Day. Not sure if that is a good omen or bad. I am sure I have some issues that will require another look-see about my heart condition. Oh boo! The other is a critique about a group of poems I wrote. I put them up for a critique from a literary group that publishes poetry books. I have designed their book covers in the past. Who in the world ever reads poetry any more? There are, however, thousands of poets. Just so you know, mine do not rhyme!

The weather is strange and I need to grit my teeth for the coming change of our clocks. It always takes me at least a week to get adjusted. Katie will be very confused. We can almost set the clock by her schedule. She is on daylight savings time, for sure. Big change coming, sweetheart.

I am never very good at getting bargains or finding the best deals. I am truely impressed when I hear you all tell about great deals. I am not a shopper. I hate it. I am not good at it. I need something...I go to the store and buy it. I find out later how I could have saved money by getting it somewhere else. Aaaaaaargh! The good thing is that I buy very little. I order some things...Christmas shopping is a nightmare for me. John is the shopper in the family. Unfortunately his purchases tend toward TOOLS!
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    sANDY RECEIVED THE POEM TODAY. YOU ARE SO PROMPT AND DEPENDABLEwE ARE SO FORTUATE TO HAVE YOU AS OUR LEADER tHANK YOU SO MUCH <3 MARIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    KAREN SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK WITH US/ mISS YOU HERE

MARIE
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    sANDY RECEIVED THE POEM TODAY. YOU ARE SO PROMPT AND DEPENDABLEwE ARE SO FORTUATE TO HAVE YOU AS OUR LEADER tHANK YOU SO MUCH <3 MARIE

You are very welcome Marie, I hope it gives some comfort. And by the way, I am just your helper, you are our leader!! And we are proud to have you as one!! <3
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    We love you, too, MARIE!
    As far as equipment, we gave a lot to our volunteer workshop. Mike was part of it and they fix anything and everything for the residents at no charge! It's remarkable! I started making collection bags, beginning with 3 drawers full of socks! OMG! Some with tags still attached! I found photos of our house on Long Island with mounds of flowers all around. Pretty house! I've alo been to the garbage area 4 times with no end in sight. Thinking about calling Habitat and just asking them to take everything. But I'm not really ready yet :'( ! Really tired; no sleep is catching up. I filled out 4 pages online of a government policy when the 5th page came up saying SNAP, this page failed!!!!! The entire thing was a waste of time! I'll try again as I must print the form!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    w9gs4bi4uug7.jpg
    wyf7ra0fhb46.jpg

Good concert. Went by myself but met a nice couple and they looked after my coat when I went out on breaks. Also saw a guy from church who had come with his boys and a group of people from our Christian school.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Now I am so tired!!

Nite.

Lin