Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Unhappy Thursday! :( I am so sad Anne is leaving us but hope she misses us enough to check in at least to say hi and let us know how she and Jilly are doing. Life gets in the way sometimes and if we really love someone we have to let them go. I will really miss her and her wonderful sense of humor.

Meeting day so I will be back later.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, too sad to lose Anne here, but I'm certain she and we will survive and miss each other! Please let's be supportive of one another and good luck, ANNE!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    My time is being taken up by one hyperactive Scruff who doesn't let me sit for 5 minutes without jumping up to ask to play. To add to that our weather is icy and cold so walks to wear her out are limited.... all I can say is roll on Sunday when her mum gets home!!

Will pop back later to check on everyone but must now take an opportunity of a bit of sunshine to walk to my housebound neighbour to check she's ok.

Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Jackie! Taking care of Scruff is beyond a full-time job. <3

It is Tai Chi/Qigong morning and after I am meeting a friend for a little while at a local book store. It is very cold out there so will keep my fingers crossed that my vehicle cooperates.

Will keep at it and will keep moving!!!

Hugs to all and Anne will not read any of our messages as she deactivated her MFP account. She was gone by the time I read her post. I understand everyone will survive but I do feel like I just lost a lovely interesting friend.

Time to hop along here!!

Lin

P.S. Buzz, thank you for posting the photo. You are gorgeous!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Buzz - You are a lovely lady and a handsome family too! You look very happy.

Anne - One of my closet friends here who doesn't live far from me is leaving. I understand, many times I have thought about leaving, life gets in the way and no time to chat. Take care Anne, we loved your stories and your sense of humor. Have a happy life!

Jackie - Scruff sounds like a handful, be safe on the freezing walking and you will be glad to see
    her mum.

Lin - Have fun at your activities.

This morning I have aqua fit classes. Seeing some improvement in my knee since my chiropractor is massaging the front of the knee where the meniscus is with all the other things she does too. It is very painful but I know this too will get better.

After the windy storm we had this week, I looked out the window to the back yard and noticed our fence flat to the ground. Half of our fence is down, my bird feeder (cement) down and in two pieces but that can be fixed. So for now, half a fence until Spring or summer when it can be rebuilt.

Tonight is dinner with a couple from our sailing club.

Have a great Friday!

Shirley
    Day by day
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Yes I was so sorry about anne.Will miss her greatly Love you Anne. Will always wonder what happen to make you deactivate your Acct here. I hope it is not something We did or say
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) I got all my errands done yesterday, including my new glasses which this time are perfect. I have started to ride my recumbent bike again and trying to keep track of calories so I have managed to lose 0.7 pounds whereas Shirley and Marcella did great this week!!
    Keep up the good work girls!!

Marie, you haven't mentioned Missy Marie, how is she doing? Are you bonding with her?

Shirley, oh no, sorry about your fence and bird feeder, you must have had some powerful winds. Glad you are seeing improvement on you knee and that the aqua classes are helping.

Lin, it is cold here as well and unless needed for anything I plan on just staying in. Rob mentioned he might want to go to a meeting and if so would I go help Lisa, which of course I said I would.

Jackie, it must have been a long week with two energetic dogs and too icy to walk as usual.

Still checking airfares for Florida, I just never know when to book to get the best deals. Right now they are asking $318 a person to Jacksonville, does that sound good to any of you travelers?

Have a great day everyone!! Keep counting calories and exercising to give you more calories to eat!!! lol

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    A quickie, since I got totally sweated up in our Total Movement aerobics class (I had forgotten how I perspire) and must shower before dinner!
    SANDY, it sounds high! Look for specials. Do you have Spirit? They run crazy hourly specials but you have to watch the extras. Also try Google for specific airports. The weather has been especially nice this winter.
    It was my DIL, (next to me) who suggested I start attending classes and watch my health and weight so I'd be around when they come for my 90th birthday, and I listened! I wish she could get my DS to listen, as well! In my head, I feel more vigorous already!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am Having so much trouble getting around on these sites too well . My eyes are getting much worst so Can't see what I type

Marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good morning sneakers. This morning with the company of my 2 neighbours we walked the local woods rather than moors just in case one of the large threatening clouds headed in our direction. One did but not until we had returned to the car after lots of chasing of sticks and an old chewed ball we found. A couple of days ago I ordered some cottage garden plants on ebay that are dry rooted thinking they wouldn't be sent until early Spring but oops, here they are already so I'm going to have to spend some time in my greenhouse today potting them up and labeling. We've planned another walk around 4pm and then roll on tomorrow when Scruff's mum flies home! Scruff is a joy but a tiring one!

Marie ~ I seem to remember you got yourself some new glasses but if you still can't see properly it might be time to get yourself checked again. I'm worried you don't mention Missy anymore.... is she still with you and settling?

Buzz ~ You do sound committed lovey and I'm sure the better you feel the more you'll be able to do. A beautiful photo by the way! :) Your boy is a big lad isn't he but as we all know on this site we have to want to lose weight to achieve our goals so I'm guessing he feels fine the size he is.

Sandy ~ Back on your bike too so perhaps it's a New Year thing with us all feeling ready to exercise more and eat less. Heard this morning that today is the day most resolutions go out the window as we all give up so I'm determined not to be a statistic!!

Shirley ~ That must have been some wind to knock down your fence as well as concrete feeder but I can see there's no point fixing it until the winter weather has departed just in case it comes down again!

So sad to lose Anne on here so we must all make an effort to jolly each other along!!

Time to get out to my greenhouse, boxes of plant roots under each arm. Just hope I get the labeling right. Everyone enjoy your weekend and hello to Marcella with your wise comments.

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) Went to help out with Robby last night so my son could go to his meeting. He is acting out a little due to some jealously with the new baby but I had fun with him. Both parents are exhausted but with Lisa nursing there is not much I can do to help her sleep. They will be fine, the joys of parenthood!! <3

I booked our flights to Florida in April, didn't want to take a chance prices will go up. I am going with my cousin who lives in Indiana and is still missing her husband who died three years ago. She doesn't travel, just takes a train to see her daughter in Chicago, so she should have a great time. My daughter is a terrific hostess and always entertains her guests, including me.

Jackie, I have never heard of this expression you used twice....then roll on tomorrow. Explanation please? :D Yes, I am trying to ride my bike everyday, a habit I got out of for some reason and it is time to take care of myself. Good luck with the planting and labeling.

Marie, I agree with Jackie, do you have a new glasses? Is it the keyboard that you can't see or is it the screen? Are you using an IPad or a computer? Would a magnifying glass help?

Buzz, good for you for taking a class, you are determined which is wonderful. Yes, we have Spirit but I will not fly with them, too many extra charges. I prefer American or United and have booked with American.

I hope everyone else is well and on track for the new year with taking care of yourself and having some fun.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello. So nice to have sunshine here today in anticipation of the bad weather they are promising. I will take a good day. I got my supplies early this morning (in the company of many others--haha). Got home and cleaned and cut up quite a few fresh veggies and did a load of laundry. After lunch I will run over for a haircut. I was lucky he had a spot today as Monday may not be good driving weather AND he is going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Yippee! I will miss the graduation party for a nice lady at church who just worked so hard to get her bachelor's degree while having and raising a little boy.

Sandy, glad you got your flights booked. Now do not look at the prices again!! :D

Jackie, you get so much done in a day and excellent walking!! I am scooting around here and on my errands all day long to get that Fitbit up to an acceptable level. Interesting that my Fitbit at the end of the day will say around 12,000 steps while the activity tracker in my watch is usually well over 15,000 steps. I guess one side of my body moves more than the other. Ha. Does not really matter, I am moving as much as I can.

Marie, sorry you are having vision problems. I find I need to clean my glasses often, that helps. Sending best wishes to you, Jerry, and little Missy.

Buzz, what excellent work! Wahoo!! Way to get moving.

Shirley, I am sorry to hear of the storm damage. Did you have a nice time at the dinner with your friends?

Well, I had better keep moving.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Ended up the first week down 6 pounds. But the important thing is I'm walking again!
    Attended a fascinating talk today on the "Golden Age of TV " and realized I never was a huge fan of TV unless it was Sid Caesar and Imogene! Or Tom Selleck!! Remember Magnum PI?
    MARIE, splendid suggestions about seeing your Ophthalmologist! Don't forget how important that is for diabetics!/... Oops, fell off a bit, to snoozing! Guess I'd better get the sleep I need.
    SANDY, hooray for your plans, and JACKIE, thanks for the encouragement. LIN, too!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :) I took Robby to Chuckie Cheese yesterday to give his mom and dad some rest time. Lisa is having a little postpartum depression and they are not getting enough sleep so I am helping the best I can. However, when coming home my car engine light came on and my car starting acting weird and jerking. I am going to miss mass today because I don't want to drive it except for getting it to the dealer tomorrow to check it out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Buzz, congratulations on that 6 pound weight loss!! And I agree, wonderful news that you are walking again. I am a TV addict, I love so many shows especially This is Us!! I also love watching all the old games shows from the 70's on BUZZR where they have commercials from those years which make me laugh.

Lin, you know me well, yes I have a habit of going back and checking on prices to see if they go down or up. Either way I am happy, I did get them cheaper than my other trips to Florida.
    Glad you were able to get your haircut before your stylist went on vacation.

Looks like I have a stay at home day, not sure what I will do. Enjoy your day and keep smiling.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good day. I forced myself to get to church and ended up glad I did that. I am baking a few little red sweet potatoes now and plan to make some tea and some coffee in case there is no power in the morning. All the streets are brined and we have a winter weather advisory until Tuesday 12:00am. I am ready to stay home.

Everyone--hugs to you. Talking to a friend. Serious health concern.

Oh my, she has pancreatic cancer. Sad...

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :)Sandy, if you rode your exercise bike while you watched all the TV shows you love, you'd burn a zillion calories every day.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    I guess many of our friends are busy this weekend. Quiet forum, and I'm grateful for you who post daily, or close to it! Sunday is a day for contemplation and relaxation, and after lunch I went to the movie being shown in our auditorium, which was about the oil rig that blew up off the New Orleans coast several years ago. I would not call it entertaining, and it certainly was not relaxing; in fact it was very upsetting and dreadfully realistic. I think I'm ready for Walt Disney!!! I recall my son was sent there, following the event, as part of the Coast Guard contingent to help the survivors and families of those lost, and his reaction was horrific! At any rate, I think I shall try to catch up on sleep so I can start an early day and get to at least one exercise class tomorrow.
    LIN, pancreatic CA is not necessarily the sentence it once was. I have know several friends who have so far survived more than 10 years. I hope your friend will be among that group!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi this morning, Made baked apples in my oil less fryer yesterday was absolutely fantastic. fixing to fixed another one this morning for my mid morning snack
    Missy is fine this morning, kind of upset with the storm u last night
    Have a wonderful day Sneakers
    Marie

• linder4866
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good evening. Ice, no wind, power stayed on, branches down in the yard, driveway is tooo slick for me to try. That about sums it up. I stayed home today and was totally absorbed in messing with art supplies, die cutting, using embossing folders and trying out different paper. Fun!!

I plan to read as much as I can of the new Scarpetta novel by Patricia Cornwall.

Take care everyone.

Marie, glad you are enjoying your cooking.

Buzz, keep up the excellent work.

I have accumulated 20 flights of stairs and over 10,000 steps. I did all of my craft projects while standing. I have not found a way to safely walk around the house holding a book with over 380 pages. :D:D

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Hi, MARIE and LIN! what has happened to our group? I'm happy you are here today, and busily taking care of areas you re each enjoying!
    I attended our Total Body Workout this morning, and worked up a total body sweat! AM trying to cut my carbs, eat more protein and have nothing with sugar. I am trying to ignore all the baskets of rolls and/or muffins I have indulged in while waiting for dinner to appear! I ended up ordering a tomato and spinach omelet tonight instead of the liver with onions and bacon that I love! I hope I can stick with this as I must lose a great deal of the weight I gained since I stopped cooking! I'm afraid my face skin will be the first to show the effects, but I'm more concerned about the cardio, lungs and legs! I cannot remember the last time walking was comfortable! Off to bed, and have a super week everyone!
    <3 Buzz