Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to say I love your hair BUZZ. Very pretty and feminine.
    Good morning all. We, the Bean and I are all mixed up from the clock change and I'm not sure what time I'll get a phone call from the UK because we all change at different dates now! I think Australia is the same as the UK but Canada changed to match the USA a couple of years ago. All very confusing!
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Brrr, sorry to read some are still suffering the vagaries of winter.... just please don't send it across the pond because although we don't have gorgeous sunshine it is at least mild. Two trips around the woods was enough for us in a fine drizzle although it's now brightening so I'll soon be out in the garden.

Buzz ~ Gorgeous is certainly a word I'd use for your photo and it's lovely to see a sparkle in your eyes! I think that green hue is just the camera having a lighting issue.... mine does the same! The Olympiad competition sounds great fun, just a shame you couldn't get to see it but I can appreciate your reasons why.

Lin ~ After all my plans yesterday my greenhouse didn't get scrubbed because the weather turned bleak again and it's a job I have to be encouraged to approach which entails a bit of warmth and sunshine. Today is looking more promising! What a shame you can no longer watch our programmes because I know how much you enjoy them, especially dramas. Did you get to see the final Sherlock episode? It had my head spinning!! Plumbing sorted I trust? My friend has been advised she needs a civil engineer because her leak is between the meter and her stopcock and ordinary plumbers aren't allowed to touch it so that's going to cost a fortune.

Sandy ~ The perfect gift for you by the sounds of it especially if you can chat to family so easily. One day I'll set myself up with one although I've always been years behind everyone when it comes to technology. I've only now purchased a tv programme recorder but don't think to use it because I wonder when I'll find time to watch!

Anne ~ My 160 year old cottage is always throwing up maintenance problems that keep me on my toes but like you I love to live with character rather than big, modern emptiness.

It's still brightening outside so off I go. Have a good Sunday everyone and don't miss that hour too much.... at least Buzz has had a week to adjust! :D

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) They are saying we might get 3-6 inches of snow between today and Tuesday so I have decided to just stay in today. I met my friend for a drink and a bite to eat last night but we really weren't happy with the crowds so we went home early. Unfortunately, she insisted on buying me a piece of red velvet cake for my birthday and my scale was not happy today. I ordered a chicken sandwich without the bread, asparagus and a salad but the cake did me in. Back at it today, hopefully I can ride my bike but my knee has been acting up and is really sore. I think I might make an appointment with the doctor who did my replacement to make sure everything is ok. Riding a bike is a big part of therapy so I don't think I have overdone the riding.
    I also volunteered to go to a local high school tomorrow afternoon. They are having a health fair and Al Anon is one of the tables being represented there. You would be surprised to know how many kids never heard of Al Anon and how it can help kids who live with the disease of alcoholism. I don't go to noon for my few hours but will have to see how the weather is at that time.

Jackie, I love technology and my kids know that so it was a perfect gift. The good thing about my cable service is that the cable box has a DVR built into it so you can record as many as five shows at once and watch them at your leisure. I am a TV addict so I constantly have shows recorded. Of course the money I pay to watch TV is terrible but there are few choices in cable companies.

Anne, I just set up a time for my video call with my kids for this afternoon because I am confused as to what time everyone is on now that we changed the clocks. Jilly's tummy probably lets her know what time it is without any clocks.

Buzz, I agree with Anne, you look marvelous darling don't change a thing. I cannot take a good picture of myself on my webcam, they all come out weird. lol Too bad you had to miss the Olympiads, maybe they would stop for those who need the facilities. Something to ask whoever is in charge?

Lin, yes it is amazing how lightweight it is and thin. I ordered a cover for it to keep it protected. I love playing my games while watching TV. I have a tough life don't I?

Marie, do you realize how amazing you are just to use an IPad or a computer? We all get frustrated with these devices but they do keep us connected.

Have a wonderful day, the days should stay lighter longer which is great for our moods.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Good evening, church, home for a quick bite, then went off to learn felting. This will not be a new hobby. The fibers have my eyes swollen!! My attempt at a lamb looks like an alien. Ha.

We are getting a bit of snow. I will be happy to stay in tomorrow morning. I would like to get to the Post Office but we will see.

Happy winter!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • jacean2017
    Options
    OH BOY, just had a snow warning for our area on the iPad. We are to get between 15, 25 or 30cm by Tuesday morning! Hello old man winter! As the radio newscaster said, parka weather again!
    I intended writing letters today, but suspect I will be outside with poor Darren digging us out instead. It's been bitterly cold for the last 2 days so I'm glad we are all stocked up with food and dog treats.
    Saw all the family on Saturday and Sunday so Jilly had a great time with folks willing to play with her. She LOVES snow so someone will enjoy the next 2 days!
    Now where's the snow shovel,
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Good morning! Scruff is with me today so in between some housework and then weeding I'll be throwing a ball or any other squeaky toy she finds in the garden. Yesterday I spent several hours chopping at an overgrown hedge and the greenhouse got left again but I gather we're in for a dry week (finally!) so it will get done.
    Scruff has just come in to put paws on my lap and ask where I am because a squeaky ball needs to be thrown so I'll finish now and wish everyone a good Monday.

Jackie
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Hi JACKIE, I wish we could play ball outside today! Like I wrote just before you, it's looking downright ominous outside and we will be playing in the snow! Have fun with Scruff and George! Wish we were in your garden as well!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning - I am watching some snow drifting down. We didn't receive that much but it is cold and there are multiple traffic accidents. I plan to go to the Post Office this afternoon. That is all.

As usual I am having my normal difficulties with the darn one hour time shift. Amazing how just a little thing like that can seemingly cause chaos with the body clock. :D Of course staying up to finish reading a book didn't help.

Well, I would be glad to throw the ball for a while for Scruff or George or Jilly. But I doubt my arm is good enough for that long distance toss.

Sandy, I hope the weather cooperates for your visit to the high school today. And again what a wonderful birthday gift!! I hope your case arrives soon. What color did you order? I am glad I got one, I have dropped my iPad several times with no damage.

Jackie, I still have Acorn TV so I get some older shows and I can get BBC news--but no programming. But then I don't get much U.S. programming either. :D

Anne, I have heard that many areas are expecting a huge snow storm and I trust you are not looking a foot or two of snow in the next couple of days. You will need to put a flag on little Jilly's tail to find her in the drifts!!

The ladies group at church is trying to start up again. Tonight is the first meeting and I would imagine with the cold and snow that it will not be a popular option. Staying in and staying warm sound best to me.

Buzz, if I had as much gorgeous hair as you I definitely would not cut it. It is beautiful! I hope you are taking care of your legs and getting some sleep my friend.

Marie, I hope your weather is warm and lovely. Is it spring? Are flowers blooming?

Hugs.

Lin

• jacean2017
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Update, yes, the snowflakes are just drifting down, oh happy day, HA.
    LIN, yes, our niagara region is warned of 30cm. If you are the same, please be careful if you go to the ladies meeting. The snow is starting to intensify and I think it could well be a doozie of a storm. There was actually a warning on my iPad for our town.
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Oh dear Anne, that's a foot of snow in old money as we say here!! Canadian winters are not something I miss although sometimes our wet and grey gets me down. Lin take care too; I'm sure the ladies church group can wait a few days!
    Scruff awaits with her ball........

Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I miss snow! Then I recall shovelling , and get over it!
    My wonderful new modem appears to have a glitch. No WiFi ! nd my telephone clocks did not change to Daylight Saving Time, and when I change them manually, they eventually go back to regular time! Wasted more time on phone trying to fix! Where does my time disappear? Fixing things!!! :s
    <3 Buzz
  • jacean2017
    Options
    It's still steadily snowing. I think about 9 hours so far.
    Just thought I'd let you gals in the south know what you are missing!
    Anne
  • jacean2017
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • linder4866
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I thought the snow was 100% over but it is starting very slowly again. Chilly!! Picked up my. All, took the trash out and now 8 am going to drink hot tea and stay inside until tomorrow!!

Stay safe Anne!!! Too much snow for you already :/

Buzz, sorry for the continuing problems. Sounds a bit like the way I experience life. I am trying to clean out my iCloud as they tell me I need to start paying for more storage or reduce the size of what I have in it. Okay, I have copied most of my photos into the Amazon cloud and also bs led them up into a thumb drive. Safe to delete most of the photos on my iPad now???

I have cleaned out a lot and doubled the amount of available space (but it still is not a lot).

Time to write checks--yes, actual checks!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Just me in the beautiful niagara snow belt. Everything looks beautiful and white. It's supposed to carry on snowing all day. Warning issued. However we are safe and snug watching it.
    Anne and Jilly Bean.
  • linder4866
    Options
    And not a snow day here but starting out quite cold with wind chills near zero. Hope it warms up quickly!! Hot coffee and then on I go for the day.

Be safe everyone.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) We had some snow and expecting more this afternoon. Not like Anne, ours is only about 3 inches so far. I went to do my volunteer work at the school and it is always amazes me how many kids don't know about Al Anon. If we help one kid then our time is well spent.
    My knee is still a little sore so I am going to try to see doctor to make sure nothing is wrong with my replacement. I personally think it is just sore from too much bike but I miss riding and I am gaining weight again without it. Those two days of having cake didn't help but I want to get back to my good habits.

Lisa and I are going to take the kids to the Museum of Science and Industry next week, my favorite museum in Chicago. I think Robby will love some of the attractions.

Have a good day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I'm in from my garden after a couple of hours weeding. It seems never ending but I tell myself it's still only March and hopefully I have all summer to persevere.

Sandy ~ Did you start your bike riding with short times and gradually build up? Exercises I have from the physio for my hip are for just 5 at a time and I can see why when I push for more.... end up hurting! Perhaps AA isn't something the kids would know about unless family members were involved because they had a drink problem. Not sure I was aware of such things at a young age although of course back then lots of subjects weren't talked about openly. It's great that today there's far more understanding and empathy.

Anne ~ I'm almost jealous of the white scene you're looking out at although for sure I'd soon get itchy feet not being able to go far!

Buzz ~ Goodness, you do seem to have glitches with your modems don't you and I do sympathise because I know how frustrated I can get if unable to get on line when I want.

Lin ~ Stay warm.... it can't last long this time of year can it?

Must get myself organised for my yoga class as my neighbour continues to drill, hammer and scrape next door. It seems weeks he's been at it!!

Jackie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been taking a marvelous course at the college. I think I will re-take it when it is offered again. It is course for seniors that has many different teachers and a weekly change of subjects. Everything from income tax prep to finances and medical options. The most interesting for me was the phycological classes. The teachers were councilors and therapists. They had valuable information about senior depression and shrinking mental stimulation. There were sessions on brain stimulation and ways of getting back in touch with pure joy and excitement. Made me want to take this course again and again. There was a social element and discourse on concerns of the day. And different exercise and strength building options. These were just introduction, info and cautionary sessions with a physical therapist. It was mainly offering as many options as possible and challenging us to think possibilities rather than limitations. Anyway....
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Well, After Comcast insisted, via 3 different agents, that they do not set clocks on phones, I called the company from whom I bought my phones, the emailed their manual, and it states unequivocally that the first call arriving after DST starts or stops, will reset the time on the LCD window! I told them what was h Buzzappening, and they ended up calling COMCAST, and now I see my phones have the correct time! Can it be their agents don't know about clocks on telephones? If you use caller ID, the correct time must be part of the deal! OK, fixed!
    My NY kids called to gloat about their wonder-world as they looked out at white, white, white!
    Dropped another pound yesterday, skipped lunch and the weight went up that one pound, which bears out what WW said about eating every meal, even if not hungry! So I will go eat my chicken for lunch.
    SANDY, if the knee hurts, I would think your body is telling you something. Remember, as important as exercise is, limits are also necessary to recognize overuse; I firmly believe my obsession with walking was why my hip wore out!
    Just read that adding lemon to water and drinking the water 1/2 hour before eating dinner helps lose weight 40%! Whatever that means. Easy enough to try, huh?
    <3