Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    My Comcast guy was one in a million! He not only changed the Modem, but he changes connections, wiring, the main box, and auxiliary wiring, moved dear Mike's huge bureau to replace more boxes and wiring, and set up the iPad and Kindle for the new WiFi! He was here over 2 hours and went downstairs to find where my wiring came into the building! My TVs now look like HD!!! I wanted to tip him for being so dedicated and he said absolutely no! Wow!
    Trying out my new connections, I actually got a video call into my son and daughter-in-law in Germany! I don't know if I could repeat it, but it was such fun!
    SANDY, congrats on hitting your goal!!! I haven't cut my hair in months and I think I like it!
    LIN, I think I'm the only one here who doesn't play Mah Jongg
    Would you believe dinner at 4:45 tonight? Too many new people are discovering how nice it is to live here, so tables are at a premium!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    What happened t my last post. I saw it appear, but now it's gone. I was happy for SANDY's loss, mentioned everyone here plays Mah Jongg, and a couple of other things, and nothing huge but ...wha happened?!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,268 Member
    Buzz, both posts are here, I think it just went to a new page.
    Dinner plans cancelled due to one of the ladies has a bad back. We will do it another time. I am actually kind of glad since I am watching my diet so close for my Florida trip.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    anne were find that duck he is so cute That should put a spark of life into Missy. .And how do you make your chicken for jilly's missy smelled my Chicken i had for lunch and like to went crazy
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Sandy yes i am so happy wit my new doctor. All the other doctors Was waiting to see if my blood clots has disappear and put me in support hose.This is much easy.
    <3 Marie
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi Marie. I buy fresh chicken breast, not the salty Walmart ones. Very easy to cook. I dissolve a half veggie stock cube in water in a pan, add cubed chicken, simmer for 20 minutes then add a few carrots, a handful of frozen peas, a handful of rice and simmer again until all cooked. About three quarters of a hour altogether. She is thriving on this and she also has a small bowl of dry dog food to nibble on, but I must admit she hardly touches the dry food, preferring the chicken. Jill won't look at canned pet food, waste of money buying it. Oh and I give her a Head to Tail doggie vitamin tablet every morning just to make sure. I must be doing something right because Jilly Beans is full of Beans! If I cook roast chicken she enjoys that as well and whimpers and gets very excited when it's being carved. I've one spoilt dog!
    I like the sound of your new doctor and I'm so glad you are doing so well and feeling so much better!
    Anne
    PS. I should add I make a batch of chicken and place it into daily containers, freeze and defrost as needed. Really no bother at all.
  • jacean2017
    edited March 2017
    Good morning. There's been a lot of talk recently about growing hair or not. Well this morning I tied a scarf around my neck and over my hair and I carefully cut the back into a straight line, and guess what, I like the result! Honest, I really do! It was so easy to manage after washing it. Just a blow dry and after about 6 months of me looking like the wild witch of the north it's finally how I imagined it, and if I'm honest, like I wore it in my early teens before the hairdressers got hold of it! Wish the face matched my teen self! It's really hard growing out all that layering the experts are so keen on!
    Well, that's my contribution to Woman's Day today, and maybe all the lady hairdressers are staying home anyway in defiance of being paid less than male hairdressers!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    edited March 2017
    Well done Anne!!

I will not be staying home. Sorry ladies. Tai Chi/Qigong, coloring and the opening of a new paper shop. Discount day at the grocery store as well!! It is likely money will be spent somewhere.

Buzz, I think I am the only one in the group who plays Mah Jongg. Lookee--I got quints hand. Wahoo!!

bt4fua2xlyoe.jpg

Have a lovely day. Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Hello everyone and happy International Women's day although not sure what it does for any of us since nothing much changes in the order of things!! It's now rained for 6 days without let up and according to our lunchtime forecast not much change through to Sunday so Jilly's duck would be having a wonderful time in Cornwall. We even cut our walk in the woods down to just one circle because we were slipping and sliding on the muddy paths and the dogs weren't particularly enjoying it either. The groomer has been and George is now trimmed and looking very tidy and cute after just an hour's work which is a great improvement on the 2.5 hours it took when I first adopted him. I can't say he enjoys it but certainly isn't scared of the clippers anymore and on the whole stands patiently. My plan is to take him for a stroll with his raincoat on and me in my waterproofs before lighting the fire for the evening. Yesterday's yoga was again in a cold hall even with the log fire but I'm beginning to see advances in my muscle strength around the arthritic hip so hopefully with perseverance I'll have fewer problems in that area.

Buzz ~ That's right, Papillon is an apparent true story based on a book written by a Frenchman who was a convict on a rather brutal island prison colony. Dustin Hoffman outshines McQueen for sure! Last night's movie was one of the many Tom Cruise Mission Impossible adventures that after 2 hours and still running had me losing the will to live but I've just received an Amazon package that includes a DVD of Turner, the story of his life, so I'll avoid tv drama this evening.

Sandy ~ Well done for hitting that goal at last and since the idea was to give you some slack on enjoying the occasional naughty food you mustn't worry about birthday treats!

Anne ~ A brave act to cut your own hair, especially at the back. When I've tried to do that my brain has become confused looking in a mirror as to which way the scissors should be going which is a recipe for disaster especially if they get close to fingers!!

Lin ~ One thing I hate is high winds which can be so destructive. There aren't any large trees close to my property but I do worry about roof tiles flying off!! I thought Mah Jongg was an exercise class so shows what little I know although I suppose it's some sort of brain exercise which counts too.

Time to move on, get George his stroll and also pop into town for a click and collect package.

Jackie
  • jacean2017
    edited March 2017
    jACKIE, I was given a tip many years ago by a hairdresser. When styling or cutting ones own hair, don't look in the mirror. Rely on feel with the occasional peek in the mirror.
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Happy Wednesday!! :) It is so windy, I hope my building doesn't get blown away. I will probably go out in the wind to grocery shop. Since my friend did not go to dinner last night I will presume she isn't going to bingo so I should be staying home which is fine with me.

Anne, if I used your method to cut my short hair I am afraid I would be bald! :p Is your new picture showing your hair, because if so it looks great. Your hair looks nice and thick with some curl, the complete opposite of mine. :'(

Jackie, I hate rain and wind, I can deal with snow better than either of those. My weight went up a few ounces today but then it tends to fluctuate so not really worried. I will continue to eat low carb and record my calories until I have lost a little extra. It is not easy to count calories on a low carb diet since low carb foods have lots of calories. It is working though so I keep at it.

Lin, years and years ago I played Mah Jongg and loved it. I don't remember how to play but if explained I am sure I would remember. Congratulations on the quints!!!

Marie, so is Missy at home now and enjoying her new mommy and daddy? Has she gone on your lap yet to be petted?

Buzz, you were lucky to get a smart technician from Comcast. It sounds like he knew exactly what to do and I am so happy for you. I am so glad you had a video call with your son, that must have been exciting. At least with an early dinner you have the rest of the evening to just chill out and relax.

Have a wonderful day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    Hi. Folks had a nive 1-1-1- diet meal for lunch. It consist of deli chicken , salad with chopped crisp apples, rasind and chopped salad so good

<3 Marie
  • jacean2017
    Hello gang. Very high winds last night. Roofs ripped off a senior home and a mall up here in southern Ontario. I haven't been outside yet to see if I've got any damage, but it was a very noisy night.
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Oh my Anne!! I hope all is well as you check your yard. Vicious winds. :(
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited March 2017
    Anne - Home all is well when you look outside today. :#

Marie - Your lunch sounds quite yummy!

We had a wonderful time at the Tiny House Festival last weekend. Since returning home, it seems like each day has been more busy than usual. I don't think that is going to change for a bit. We have no interest in living "Tiny." But we did enjoy the outing and it gave us some ideas for our camper.
    Marcella

eyf1lbgezuwl.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Happy Thursday!! :) It is my meeting day so not a lot of time as usual. Our wind has died down but it is chilly. I received an email from Edible Fruits giving me a free box of chocolate covered fruits. I will pick that up before my meeting and share it with my group. They give 12 pieces so I am bringing a knife to cut into smaller pieces since we usually have over 20 people at our meeting.

Marcella, you are looking really good and I wish I could have been with you for that tour. I would love to see one in person just to see how they are designed. I will never get one but it is fun looking. Glad you had a good time and got some ideas for the camper.

Anne, I do hope there was no damage to your house. How did Jilly behave with the high winds?

Marie, glad you are eating healthy and low salt, you seem much better.

Time to get moving so I am on time.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacean2017
    No damage from the high winds for me, just loads of twigs lying about. Apparently they reached 100 mph and up! One wonderful sign of spring as I toured the "grounds". One little stray snowdrop blooming in the middle of my lawn. What a lovely unexpected surprise! Jilly took everything in her stride and the buffeting winds didn't phase her at all.

Mike came over this morning and he took her for one or two long walks. This dog is most definitely an outdoor dog. Whatever, he wore her out so I should be in for a nice quiet afternoon! Thank the good Lord for small mercies as they say. He brought me a new frying pan which he said was such a good bargain he also bought himself one.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Good day. Sunshine but cold here today. Apparently snow is on the way. Not exactly certain when but a winter-like weekend. I have signed up for a little felting class on Sunday. We will see what the weather brings.

Sandy, I hope you have many lovely get-togethers for your birthday. A Mah Jongg friend just had her birthday and she had an entire week of lunches and dinners with various friends and relatives!!! Overload!!! But probably a lot of fun, she loves to socialize. What version of Mah Jongg did you play? There are various sets of rules. We are playing the National Mah Jongg League rules which many people just call American.

Anne, glad there was no damage to your property and extra glad Jilly is all worn out. Excellent!! Enjoy a bit of rest.

Marcella, you are so gorgeous and what an interesting outing! I would love to see a tiny house in person but I am at the other end of the spectrum given my love of stuff. :) I am glad you garnered some good ideas!

Marie, so glad you like your doctor and also like what you are eating. Now if you start cooking for Missy everyone will be healthy right? I cooked rice and chicken for my dogs when they were ill and then just continued for the rest of their lives but I did purchase dry food as well.

Buzz, I meant to comment on your wonderful Comcast service. Oh my goodness, I would be thrilled to have someone as conscientious as that. Stupendous!! So now I have to ask, any reason why you do not play Mah Jongg? Not interesting to you? So many people here think it is just the tile matching game from the computer. I like the strategy and defensive play the most. I actually spoke up and called a lady for taking tiles on what could only be a Closed hand (can only draw tiles to complete the hand, cannot take a discard). I was right and when called on it she said she knew it, had it marked in yellow but still forgot. I think I am mean. Ha.

Jackie, hello to you and to George.

And to everyone I have missed. Happy and healthy times is my wish for you.

Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    edited March 2017
    Since I normally leave early on Friday mornings, I am posting an early wish:

1132450v91tr5h800.gif
    s.gifa.gifn.gifd.gify.gif
  • delraybuzz
    nh424ct5i9oo.jpg

And many many more!
    <3 Buzz