Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Have been so busy I can't remember where I left off, though I guess I owe LIN the explanation regarding me and Mah Jongg or cards or anything requiring sitting for a long time playing games; I'm a failure at all of them, as I get very restless sitting at a table playing games! I get lost playing sudoku, making cards, being on the computer, and I cannot figure out why I never really got into games. Perhaps because my Mom was a champion bridge player?! Neither my DS nor I play games!
    I tried out the bus system here yesterday for my supermarket, since I was unable to find Braeburn apples and they are the only kind I like with peanut butter smeared on slices--yum. Well, the store didn't carry them, and rather than go home empty handed, I started looking around. Found some nice healthy snacks , fruits, etc, and then I saw a fat broad -breasted chicken and thought I must get it and some mushrooms, and since I have nice white wine at home, I decided to use my Calphalon 5 quart Dutch Oven and make my favorite chicken for dinner before giving away the pot I haven't used since moving here 4 years ago. Since I don't have an oven, top of the stove is the only way I can cook, and sure enough, I haven't forgotten how to! It was delicious, I now have loads of chicken for lunches, dinners, and everything in between, and today I received a call from a friend who found my Braeburn apples and bought me some, so I'll be happy for a bit while eating healthy!
    I cannot stay awake, though, which becomes a problem online here, so I'll try to get here earlier tomorrow. My late ways are finally catching up with me! I do carefully read all your posts, however, and enjoy every one!
    <3 Buzz
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    THE VERY BEST OF HAPPY BIRTHDAYS SANDY, WITH MANY MORE TO COME!
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    s.gifa.gifn.gifd.gify.gif
    tcet6p9gbf4d.jpg

Hugs ~ Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,268 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the birthday wishes, you are such a great group of friends!! It is hard to believe I am 75, I sure don't feel that age although the mirror tells me different! :p I will be celebrating with Rob and Lisa and with the boys and Bryanna. Even though I reached my goal weight today I am giving myself a cheat day so I can enjoy a little cake and ice cream. My favorite cake believe it or not is Angel Food Cake, the circle one with some ice cream and whipped cream on top. With Robby singing happy birthday to me my day will be complete.

Jackie, pretty graphic, thank you. Anne, thank you for the wishes and from your mouth to my life. Buzz, you also find the best graphics, thank you. Lin, the early bird gets the worm, thank you for thinking of me before your busy day.

Buzz, your chicken sounds delicious. I just made this recipe and it was delicious.
    http://www.iwashyoudry.com/2017/01/06/asparagus-stuffed-chicken-breast/ Of course I made the three breasts so I am eating one a day for three days. lol

Lin, I do not remember which version of Mah Jongg I played, it was 40 years ago. :p I had hoped for a birthday week but our dinner was cancelled and my friend wasn't able to go to bingo, so tonight's celebration will make up for the week.

Anne, I am glad you didn't get any damage from the winds. My cousin in Indiana had two big branches fall from her trees on her fire pit. She has many acres so she is in the open. At least she or the house didn't get hurt.

Have a great Friday!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Just checking in quickly because we have an international rugby match on tv this evening that I don't want to miss but first I must get the fire lit and something cooked for supper. We swam this morning at the local leisure centre after me asking my friends if we could move the day because I was finding 2 doggy walks, swimming and yoga all in less than 12 hours was too much. This afternoon I visited my housebound neighbour, probably just in time because she was hearing fantasy voices and getting upset. It's probably due to her medication or a urine infection but that doesn't take away her feeling that it's all real. Low clouds are scudding across the skies so that one minute it's grey but clear and the next I can't see to the bottom of my garden. Nothing like the weather some of you are reporting and at least not damaging. Anne that must be hurricane force you experienced and however much a certain gentleman insists there's no such thing as climate change I can certainly see changes as I'm sure you can!! The one good sign of Spring was me today moving the clock forward on the hen's automatic door opener/closer because last night when I checked little Squeak was still sitting in their bus shelter with the door to the house shut!

Must move on. Looking forward to the weekend!
    Jackie

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited March 2017
    Dropping in for a quick post we have our 4 granddaughters until Sunday as Mel and Sean are away at a home school conference. We have Sarah 3, Mary Jo 5, Heather 11 and Elizabeth 16. I bet you can tell which ones are tiring us out.

I wanted to wish Sandy a very Hapoy Birthday

I laughed when I read your comment about listening to books at night.I listen to books at night just to fall asleep. Usually only books I have read before, I use the sleep timer to shut them off after 30 minutes. It takes forever to finish as I have to keep rewinding but it do it to fall asleep not really read. I listen to other books for pleasure when exercising and in the evening. I usually have at least 2 books going at once. I love books.

Got to run, chaos awaits. HAHA

Jeri
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Happy Birthday Sandy it is great having you as Our leader all These years Wow it has been a long lime. You still look as great now as you did going on 10 years now. I guess you and I are the only survivor of the original group that post every day. I may be wrong about that correct me if I am.

happy Birthday

Marie
  • Sandydur
    Thank you Jeri and Marie for the birthday wishes. You could be right Marie, we might be the only two who post daily. <3
  • delraybuzz
    Thank heaven for TV sleep timers; I fall asleep within 10 minutes of turning mine on! dell just installed a new webcam for me as the one that came with this laptop was geared to
    Windows 7, not 10, and kept losing it! The agent also taught me how to video cam my son properly. So perhaps we'll see one another this week-end. Now must dress for dinner.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLD SANDY ;) and you haven't changed since I met you!!!
    XOXOXO <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    edited March 2017
    Good evening. It is very cold tonight! Winter has returned. Yipes. Perhaps snow sometime before Monday.

Buzz, thanks for the explanation. I did not realize you just were not a game person. I thought it was Mah Jongg you didn't care for. I don't like to sit too long at one time so I will play for maybe an hour and then I ask for a bathroom break which requires a nice walk to and from the ladies room since we are playing at a local mall. I never played many games until the last year or so as in addition to this I will play several easy card games.

Sandy, I hope your celebration is wonderful this evening and you enjoy your angel food cake.

Jeri, enjoy the chaos.

Jackie, I am sorry your neighbor is having a hard time. Several people I know just go out of their minds when they develop a UTI. I hope she is better soon. Poor little Squeak, I am glad you look out for her.

Anne, another busy week-end on tap for you and The Bean?

Marie, it is always good to hear from my friend. I am a Johnny-come-lately in this group but love being here.

Well, off to check on my little house problems. Two water leaks in the basement and a shower head in my bathroom that won't spray water, it just drips out. Oh yes, I love my house. Haaaa.

Talk to you soon. Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    What can I say other than it's dry so no raincoats and hats required on the daily walk. This morning I was in our local Aldi store by 8 o'clock for fresh fruit and veggies plus a box of hazelnut and "velvety" milk chocolate collection and bottle of Prosecco to add to a collection of gifts for my friend's 70th birthday celebrations next weekend. There's more rugby for me to watch this afternoon but first I want to see if I can clean inside and outside of greenhouse that I had planned in the week until it disappeared in the fog!!

Sandy ~ It does sound as if you had perfect birthday plans and hope Robby sang beautifully and the angel cake was a delight!

Buzz ~ Be careful how you dress in front of your new webcam now we know Big Brother is watching! ;) Windows 10 has a lot to answer for doesn't it and I'm still struggling on with Windows 8 without updates although pay for McAfee Livesafe which does seem to look after my security.

Jeri ~ What a house full but every one adorable I'm sure!

Lin ~ I feel for you, especially after walking with my friend this morning as she told me of her water bill that trebled and a slow drip she can hear behind a kitchen cupboard between the meter and stopcock and of course it's a weekend! Water in the wrong place is always a worry but hopefully you know a good reliable plumber, something my friend is now hunting for!

Marie ~ I might not have known you 10 years yet but however long it's been has been an absolute delight and pleasure! <3

Well, Gloria is belting out I Will Survive on the radio which is getting me moving in my chair so I'm thinking I'd do better to rock down to the greenhouse and get started!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone.
    Jackie
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    I woke up to a temperature of 9F and snow on the ground. No sign of my lone snowdrop in all this whiteness! Well we spring forward tonight with the clock change so spring CAN'T be far behind.
    Sorry about your house woes LIN. There's always something going wrong in this old house. Sometimes I think it is disintegrating around me! We soldier on.
    Anne
  • CALIECAT
    Jackie I adore all of you. i have learn so much from each of you You all have been so helpful to me.

Marie
  • linder4866
    Snow and cold here today as well. I have been a whirling dervish all morning. Too boring to explain I am certain but it involved the plumbing problems, some calls, a stop from the handyman, some fixes, some additional problems, calls to a plumbing service, appointment scheduled for next Thursday afternoon.

Thank the Lord I called the handyman this morning as he was able to handle several issues JUST before he and his family were leaving for a week long spring break vacation. And he gave me a referral to a plumbing service for the non-handyman issues.

Now to catch up! Even getting help can result in wet towels, a nest of paper towels and other things to clean up. Ha.

Anne, we may get more snow Sunday and/or Monday. You too??

Jackie, very ambitious project to clean the greenhouse. I hope you were able to get a lot accomplished without hurting your back or any other parts!! Ah, more rugby. Enjoy. I tried once again to get some British channels but everything I click on says "not available" so apparently U.S. viewers are prohibited. Darn!!

Back to attempt to catch up. Ah, and will try to get ahead as well since it is spring forward tonight.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    edited March 2017
    Happy Saturday! :) I am typing on my new IPad Air and I couldn't be happier. My children surprised me with it for my birthday! I opened it having a video call with all of them, it was just like they were with me. Lisa made a great shrimp dinner that was so healthy I didn't gain more than an ounce even with eating cake, ice cream and whipped cream. Bryanna gave me a beautiful card with a pretty daisy plant which touched my heart. My old IPad is shot so I really was excited to get a new one. I had hinted for a new Fitbit but since they just bought me one last year, they thought this would be better. I had changed my mine and really wanted to ask for an IPad but because of cost I didn't! Can you tell I am happy?

Bryanna spent the night and is still sleeping in my office, so glad I am able to post. I am going to mass at 5, then stopping by Babe's for my check and then meeting up with a friend for a birthday drink. She felt bad she didn't remember my birthday was yesterday.

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2017
    buzz you were saying someting about10 and I pad might need to be on the same thing i have been on 10 on my computer for a long time But my I pad have not do i need
    to change them both to 10?

marie
  • linder4866
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    buzz you were saying someting about10 and I pad might need to be on the same thing i have been on 10 on my computer for a long time But my I pad have not do i need
    to change them both to 10?

marie

IPad runs on a different operating system (iOS).

I have Windows 10 on my non-Apple laptop.
  • linder4866
    Sandy, I have what is an old iPad Air and I still love it. So thin and light!!
  • delraybuzz
    edited March 2017
    MARIE, dear, Windows is one system (Microsoft) while the iPad is APPLE, totally different. So just stay as you are and have fun on both!
    Had a busy few days and am feeling it. Had wanted to go to our Olympiads competition at another ACTS Community up in Vero Beach yesterday, but the bus was taking us from here a 7:15 AM for a 2 hour ride up to the games, and I thought about not being near a bathroom at that hour and I realized I just could not attend. The stories about it today had me in stitches, with parodies of Esther Williams movies being swum (sp?) by hysterical elderly men and a blue vinyl pool! My Community won several Gold and Silver Medals (mostly by members your age!)
    And we were all very proud of our junior seniors!
    We lose an hour tonight, so I'm off to bed. I did the same thing by mistake last week, and was too lazy to put the clocks back right!
    The new camera took this, and I don't see real improvement in my ability to click!
    dxbiaotnt4p0.jpg
    But I think I need a haircut!
    <3 Buzz