Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,133 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) The family pictures turned out great!! It is so hard to choose which to print! Rob treated us to pizza after the sitting and by the time I got home it was time for church. I stopped at Babe's to see the damage of his tree and I was in complete awe of all the damage to most of the trees in his area. The storms Friday were just unbelievable, so much damage to so many areas and so much flooding. What is going on with this weather?
    I hope to get to the pool today as it is a hot sunny day and I haven't been all week.

Jackie you amaze me with those bees, I hope they left you alone while checking the potatoes. Anne how did your son and his partner enjoy their trip? Was your son in pain with his stones? Knowing how good your boys are they will probably surprise you with a new computer. Lin Enjoy that pool party, will you actually go in the water? Buzz Thanks for the laughs, some truth in most of those. Patsy Katie must indeed be part kitten, yuck!! Jeri I do hope you got your root canal done before your trip. I have had more than my share of them and hated all of them.

I will leave you with a picture of son and his family and of the damage to Babe's tree!
    Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

9f9s2hsr6nnf.jpg
    2gu0cvgiebsx.jpg

• jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hi SANDY, lovely family picture and the tree is reminiscent of some around here. Mark, his wife, their son and Derek's girlfriend had a wonderful trip with not one kidney stone twinge. I posted quite a bit about the trip earlier but when I pressed post reply all the middle disappeared leaving really just the beginning. I was so frustrated I couldn't be bothered to do it all again at 7 am. The main thing was that they all voted it the best trip ever and they are widely travelled. I asked Mary Jo if she would like to live in Portugal when she retired but all were adamant that Canada is the place to be despite us all moaning about the winters (especially me!) I received a really beautiful hand made and decorated ceramic holder for hot pans in gorgeous colours. It's so beautifully done that I'm using it as a giant coaster on the coffee table for my morning cuppa, etc. instead.

Won't write anymore although they had a lot to talk about because I'm scared the middle of this might disappear!!!!
    Mark has his CT scan after work on Monday.
    Anne.
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Can anyone explain why this 20 year old or so hydrangea started life blue (rust in the soil) but turned white, later to pale pink and this year turned into this glorious deep, deep pink.
    qq8k1ojra6yp.jpg
    Anne
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts although very few today. JACKIE, you are so courageous with your bees! SANDY, gorgeous photo of beautiful family, though I'm slightly confused about the identities of wife and granddaughter? Which is which or are they someone other than I think? That tree is a reminder that Mother Nature is very much in charge! Thank goodness no one was hurt...I hope! Did you get to the pool? ANNE, interesting that you asked about the kids remaining in Portugal, but then realized you are in Canada, not the US. My kids are wondering about remaining in Europe due to the mess going on here! I'd be heartbroken, but understand completely if they decide to remain there! We seem to have one crisis after another daily, with options I never knew could exist high positions! Live and learn...or unlearn! LIN, hope you are truly enjoying that pool party this afternoon! As far as new computers, I thought I would indulge myself this year and trade in for a new touch model laptop, but Dell says I don't need it; there's plenty of space left on this one and new things will be added to Microsoft once the BIG update happens...so maybe wait a bit? Besides, I still want a colorful lid on a new laptop! I really love my pink/fuchsia/cherry color cover I put on!
    When my son called, I picked it up on my iPad, but could not figure out how to turn on the sound, so he could not hear me. And I never could find out how to turn it on, or where to look for the control, so we switched to Facebook Messenger Video call instead. I still can't find the sound on/off feature on the iPad! Or for that matter, the SEARCH button! Sorry, my generation doesn't come by this stuff naturally!
    Right hand going pins and needles burning pain, so I will go find an ice pack and see if that helps. I think this is pretty recent, though the pins and needles may have been around several months. The burning is a challenge!
    <3 Buzz <3
    ..............................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.....................
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Buzz the girl kneeling is Bryanna, my son's 22 year daughter from another marriage. The girl sitting with Max on her lap is his current wife and their two young boys. <3
  • jacean2017
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Buzz, Mary Jo IS Portuguese hence me wondering if she'd like to retire there. I had an inkling she would before they left. Mark would be okay because it's close to his birthplace and Portugal is full of Brits anyway. They say no, they are happy in Canada and I'm relieved because I would have a real dilemma because I'd want to go back as well but I couldn't leave Michael here alone, unless he finds another nice lady to settle down with of course. I think wherever we originated from at birth it stays with us for the rest of our lives. I really, really like Canada, but I LOVE Britain and the north of England, warts and all. Does that make sense?
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Home from the birthday party at poolside. No, I do not swim at all but there is shade, I took lots of water and it was fun to watch the kids as they jumped in the water over and over. They had a blast.

I have had my evening meal, changed clothes, and now I am ready for the next episode of Grantchester. Wahoo.

Anne, I was always told the color of a hydrangea is dependent on the soil. We are advised here to side dress iron each year I believe. It is beautiful by the way.

Sandy, love the family photo it am sorry for the tree damage. I always hate to see a lovely large tree suffer a storm inflicted wound. It looks like a lot of it might be saved?

Jackie, your bees sound a bit too grumpy!! I am glad you have a suit and very good gloves. I wonder why the bees seem to be so agitated every time you have to work with them. Do you use smoke to get them to leave the hive? Does that make them more angry?

Well, a long day today. I will enjoy the TV show and do a bit of reading. Tomorrow I need a couple of items from the grocery store and then I plan to make s pot of vegetable soup. I know it is hot but it still sounds good.

Hugs.

Lin

• jacean2017
    edited July 2017
    Options
    yecvkwtzejes.jpg
    Good wash day, the Beans been "watered" twice and the plants are about to be watered. Big black clouds rolling in. What a year for rain. Yet I can't complain because I haven't had to water at all, just Mother Nature. It shows in all the flowers blooming AND the weeds and it's rather difficult to find a time to mow the grass. Who cares! I'm thinning the onions and have just pulled a bunch for the lunchtime salad.

Peaceful here, all the family back at work, most of the neighbours away on vacation. No kids, no dogs, not much for Jilly to bark at which is a shame because mighty mouth loves to bark.

Hope everyone's day is peaceful. Good luck today LIN for your friend undergoing the surgery. BUZZ all things pass. Is it in 3.5 years time when a whole new America will awake? and the kids will rush home. Talking of BUZZ, how are the angry bees JACKIE? Hope they are busily back in business buzzing and replenishing their winter honey which you pinched. I too have had a few root canals in my time JERI so I send sympathy. I usually lay back in the dentists chair thinking "in one hour this will be behind me". I don't know where PATSY is but I'm sure she will soon have an interesting episode with Katie and the gang to entertain us with, and that goes for SANDY as well with her good looking brood.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :) Laundry day and later will go watch the boys so the parents can play some tennis and have some together time. We had another storm come through yesterday afternoon, not as bad as Friday's but Babe did lose power again. I was able to get to the pool and relax before it hit so for that I am grateful.

Anne, I am wondering if Jilly is like our little Boston Terrier across the hall from me. I never hear Dino inside but once they walk him outside he barks at everyone. He is small but has the most ferocious bark and growl. lol

Lin, I don't blame you for not going in the water if kids were jumping in and out. I have a floating chair that I use in the pool. It is very relaxing and most of the time our pool is not crowded so I don't get splashed.

It is so beautiful today with lower temps, good to have the windows open again.

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Dino sounds as if he's Jilly Beans cousin SANDY.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my dears! Our temps have been rather warm and the humidity is horrible! It feels like we are wading through syrup. Honestly, it is hard to breathe. Summer will be over soon and then I will be complaining about the cold and wet weather. There is NO pleasing me.

The weather really makes me creaky so I will need to spend more time exercising these old joints. It helps but it is BORING! Whine whine whine...

John is looking forward to the new Lee Child book that is due out this fall. He has every one of his books and re-reads when he can't find anything else interesting. I guess I do the same when I find an author I like.

I took down the bedroom curtains and found a lovely nest of spiders hiding in the corner.i hate spiders but I have found an emergency spider killer if the need arises. Hair spray. Aaaaaaaggggh!
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good day, I have changed my plans today. I seem to be in a dither regarding my friend's surgery. About four hours in now and I cannot seem to concentrate so have done my laundry, scrubbed the kitchen floor, sorted through email, read a bit of a book, and frankly I have just decided this day is a loss. Not going to struggle any longer.

I think soup is a victim of my funk as was my morning errand. Some other day or not at all. Whatever.

Love the Bean photo!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Remember PATSY the old ditty:

Your luck will last for many a day,
    If you let the spider run away.

After all they DO kill some rather worse critters than themselves.
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Misses the Bean Photo......soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Okay, my friend's 6 hour surgery turned into an 8 hour surgery and a new estimate is 10 - 12 hours.

At least I am getting short updates.

I think I will go chew some ice!!

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Finally, my friend is our of surgery and in recovery. She will stay there overnight. They will not have info on the cancer margins for a few days. I pray the maergins are clear. Well, time will tell.

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    LIN, I can only think to add my wishes to yours and hope her recovery chances will be excellent. Hugs to you both! What a ghastly ordeal!
    SANDY, of course that had to be a lovely grown-up Bryanna! I met her when she was a teen I believe; always beautiful, just like her Dad and Gramma!
    ANNE, I guess we do really identify with our birth places. I'm still a Bostonian though I left there 70 years ago! Jilly is just precious!
    Spiders? I don't do well with them at all, PATSY. I've gotten used to iguanas, but they eats every that grows!!!And are ugly as sin, poor things!
    I never did eat tonight as I had lots of research to find my platelet count history. It's very low, but I found it ti be that for almost 10 years now! Staying somewhat stable though very low. And then I did a research on chocolate and flavanoids and wow! It took hours. And now I'm ready for bed!
    <3 Buzz
    ..............................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.....................

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Okay, NEWS FLASH! Everyone! Chocolate is really, really good for you and aids with some kinds of heart arrhythmia... sadly one cannot live on it. Even sadder one has to watch out for the calories that are sweetly tucked away in each delicious bite. I read it in the health news on google/med-line I think.

I am working madly on a creative writing project. I hope I can get this project out of my brain long enough to to shut my eyes tonight. I am not all that disciplined. I might need chocolate!
    Patsy
  • jacean2017
    Options
    And I'm going to bake bread, hopefully mow the grass avoiding spiders and iguanas and ignore anything chocolatey in the cupboard.
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    They do make chocolate without sugar. It is an acquired taste though. Ha. I have acquired it.

Back to my regular activities today. Need to make up for the neglected trip to the store, Mah Jongg, and a trip to the library this afternoon for some type of beading project.

Best wishes Sneakers. May we all avoid the creepy crawlies of life.

Hugs.

Lin