Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Today was constructive after a long walk with George, once again across the moors. The ground was frozen but the Arctic blast had eased so having met up with a fellow dog walker called George whose pet is Jack and chatting all the way I hardly noticed the distance. We always have a laugh about the name exchanges! Insurance for the new car sorted as well as short term cover for the old truck, homemade veggie soup for lunch and then into town to visit 90 year old gentleman friend for a catch up and cup of tea. He's lived with cancer for many years but manages a wonderfully positive outlook on life.

Anne ~ your bread sounds delicious but I'm afraid I have to keep such food in my imagination because I'm convinced I've only got to look at a loaf and the pounds pile on so it's banned!

Bob ~ A man and his dog.... such an amazing bond and trust. It never ceases to amaze me just how loyal our canine friends are. I love your observations as you go about your day; it must be your photographer's eye!

Marie ~ Hopefully by the time you read this little Grayson has made an appearance!

Sandy ~ Be firm, it could be the time to make positive changes to the mess Babe finds himself in.

Lin~ Hooray, a good night's sleep so you've hopefully recharged batteries.

Tomorrow morning I'll be going for my weekly swim at the local leisure centre and then off to collect my new but second hand car! Not too far off my bed time so I'll wish you all a peaceful goodnight.
    Jackie

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    JACKIE, yes the bread turned out soooooo good, it's going to be my downfall.
    Had to laugh at you meeting a chap called George on your walks. Doesn't it get a bit confusing for the two George's? I mean if you say "sit George" or "George! Drop that pebble" or even "good boy George" do the two George's ever get confused? It all adds to life's rich tapestry!
    Anne
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,156 Member
    Options
    I gotta use that overused word Bob---awesome! You've really turned your life around for the better. Pats on the back, hugs, and all best wishes for continued great health. Woo-hoo!!

Lin
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon folks
    I have not been on the computer in a long time. So many family things going on and to do.
    I have slowly started losing weight again. I am having problems swallowing, and then when I do it hurts. So I can eat a light breakfast, regular lunch, and small dinner.

Swiss miss you guessed my birthday correct, going on 68...............yeek. I guess I look ok for my age and I feel healthy too. I probably won't be on the computer for a few days I can always be messaged.

Today went like this
    Fed my little dog.
    breakfast, 2 boiled eggs + rice cake + black coffee.
    took son to dr. he has to have surgery on the ankle he broke last year. The screw and plate have to be removed and they left a piece of bone that was suppose to be removed floating around.
    Lunch, subway 6" cold cut
    Took son grocery shopping
    Dinner will be, salad with crab
    Snack, banana pudding

Take care
    chris
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    employee it would make a nice poster to reference when people say they “can’t” exercise at all.

Lin – Thanks so much for the “awesome” compliment. I’m glad the changes have come about as well. There was a time I figured it was never going to happen.

Just finished dinner – a nice 3.25 oz. piece of Wild Caught Halibut with sides. :)

Going to watch Celebrity Apprentice tonight -- Joan Rivers is in this installment.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Got a 9.5 baby grandson born today at 4;28 p.m.. will Show A PICTURE WHEN THEY POST A GOOD ONE.They say he is cute with dimples. I can hardly wait to see him at Easter.
    See'ya
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS. HAPPY DAY. Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Got a 9.5 baby grandson born today at 4;28 p.m.. will Show A PICTURE WHEN THEY POST A GOOD ONE.They say he is cute with dimples. I can hardly wait to see him at Easter.
    See'ya

YEAH Marie!!!! :smiley: Looking forward to a picture.

Lin
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Welcome Grayson! ★☆♡♥!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    See'ya

What a lucky guy -- to have you as a grandmother! Congratulations.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    1832577gcltq2pl11.jpg

Big boy at 9.5 pounds Marie, he might be bigger than Robby! Congratulations to all!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Busy day; leg treatments resuming. The compression pump makes a big difference in bringing down water retention. Attended wonderful uplifting convert tonight featuring a young American Korean violinist who really astonished us with his virtuosity. And it helped that he chose things like Mendelsohn's Violin Concerto with an encore of Zigeunerweisen, a Gypsy melody (Dvorak?) that was stirring, furiously paced, and got a standing ovation for adding it! It was in a beautiful church with fantastic acoustics and 2 huge screens near the stage for attendees with poor eyesight!. Now I'm off to bed, thoroughly tired!
    <3 Buzz
  • NikonPal
    edited January 2015
    Options
    TISSUE ALERT - The song “Clouds” has been on my cell phone for well over a year. I listen to it often when walking (like early this morning).

You might like it. (It’s worth watching “his story” it’s about 20 minutes with him and his family.

"When faced with months to live, how do you say goodbye?" Like so many other terminally ill cancer patients before him, Zach Sobiech turned to music. Though in this instance, the 17-year-old musician from Lakeland, Minn. is facing his situation with a touching song, titled "Clouds."

Just the Song:

http://youtu.be/sDC97j6lfyc

“His story” before he died.

http://youtu.be/9NjKgV65fpo

Hard not to watch – and appreciate TODAY! <3
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Marie asked me to post a picture of her new great grandson Grayson.

j5noe22czoz3.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you Sandy I can copy this one that you posted isn't he a fat one and I can't seem to get it on the 20 pounds' by Easter thread I guess I am doing something wrong.
  • Sandydur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :D Yes, Marie he is a chubber but so cute. He is very alert for a newborn.

I have a dentist appointment and later taking Babe to his foot doctor appointment. He is complaining of a sinus infection so trying to get him in to see our doctor. If they can't fit him in than I will take him to urgent care. He called this morning and said he talked to his son who told him that I should have stayed with Babe all week while he was healing. Really?
    Three days ago he told Babe to tell me to get out of his house. Babe told him that he was a raging maniac and I was afraid to stay there. He also told Babe that I babysit and Phil said for whom which Babe explained was Rob's son, who Phil hates. He said they should pay for a baby sitter. Why does he care what I do and by the way I used to sit for his daughter a lot. I wish they would all leave me alone including Babe. I had my kids come in from out of state to take care of me for surgeries, Babe won't even ask his kids.

Bob, we all agree that our spouses should come before adult children but Babe never got that memo and would never agree. B) I just saw your clips and will make sure to watch them when I get back home, I always love a good cry.

I will try and get back later but these days are so busy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    MARIE, what a beautiful little baby!! Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    Just popping by for a moment. My internet service is back on its touchy phase of on/off and even my digital TV is cutting out......darn.

Anyway, I get an email from Dr. Greger each day and I was interested in his info on spices today. Here's just a tiny sample.......

"So they [researchers] jabbed the white blood cells with oxidized cholesterol and measured how much tumor necrosis factor (TNF) they produced in response. TNF is a powerful inflammatory cytokine, infamous for the role it plays in autoimmune attacks like inflammatory bowel disease. Compared to the blood of those who ate no spices for a week the following significantly stifled the inflammatory response:
    • cloves
    • ginger
    • rosemary
    • turmeric
    And remember, they weren’t dripping the spices themselves on these human white blood cells, but the blood of those who ate the spices. So the results represents what might happen when cells in our body are exposed to the levels of spices that circulate in our bloodstream after normal daily consumption—not megadoses in some pill. Just the amount that makes our spaghetti sauce, pumpkin pie, or curry sauce taste good."

Very good information for me. I have been putting the spice tumeric in vegan empty capsules for a while now as I know I don't eat much of it in my daily diet. I'll keep at it and maybe I'll add some cloves!

Later, I hope.

Lin in Central Iowa
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Marie – What a beautiful grandson – WELCOME TO THE WORLD GRAYSON (same name as my great-nephew). As the saying goes – “God Gives Us Grandkids to Keep Us Young at Heart” ; at 9.5 pounds I hope the delivery wasn’t too bad. If men had babies – my daughter would have been adopted. LOL

Sandy – I hope you enjoy the videos. As for Babe – again I don’t know the whole story. I can only say, I got that memo as a kid and raised my daughter to think the same when it comes to her husband.

Movies - My wife and I saw “American Sniper” today. Thought it was a great movie. Nice to see us portrayed as something other than “the bad guys.” It doesn’t make us hero’s either. Just an honest storytelling at a fast pace with all the dots connected (without changes key points.)

Exercise - Burned 240 calories doing 40 minutes of walking, this morning. Trying to get my mind wrapped around more strength building exercises…almost there mentally…

Food – Cooked the remaining 3 oz of halibut from yesterday for breakfast; lunch was a simple Garden Lites - Zucchini Souffle (160 calories), 7 oz; Went lite early-on – as I brought a 100-calorie bag of popcorn to the movie. I wasn’t sure if I had $1,000.00 on me for a movie theater bucket (just kidding – I wanted to keep my snack clean).

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank you Sandy for posting Grayson first pictures You pick out the one I wanted to use. I don't know why when I click on a picture It does not give me an option of clicking post picture As for me. I was able to get it off of the sneakers that you posted. So I got it on The 2o pound challenge thread. I have misplace my fit bit. Can't find it nowhere. Thanks for bein my friend
    marie