Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    [img]http://cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp- en.vanillaforums.com/editor/jl/virczsi6twcy.jpg[/ Good morning everybody. Time to think spring. Hope this works.[/img]
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Oh boy, it didn't. Apologies!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    thank goodness spring is just around the corner Anne. And I am looking forward to it
    however we are having a beautiful day and the sun is so warm. temp is 57 here right now.
    Going to get a walk in for sure

phoebe. I was bowsing this morning and accidental click on Woman world Picture of the 1-1-1- plan and up pop the article on the plan. very small print but readable under my magnifying light. one of the meals for breakfast 1 donut with 12 oz. of fat free latte. I would never have that at least not in the near future. And I am sure 1 donut would work out fine but I would never stop at one. I do need to check the fat free latte out tho.
    Did Honey look like she was glad to be home.? I know you are but lots of wok ahead fo you.
    marie
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I been MIA for awhile >:) But I am finally losing again. I just found out I have a melanoma on my foot looks like surgery in Feb. In the meantime I can't do water jogging until it heals a bummer for me this is really the only exercise I do. Oh well main thing is to continue to stay at calorie goal or just below it.

Lin we all feel bad that you are hurting. Huggs

Laura
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi Laura nice to see you are back. Good luck with the surgery.

Lin - Good luck tomorrow we will be thinking of you. It funny how the guilt comes out when someone passes away. They don't bother all year long until they pass.

Anne - You mentioned Vincent Van Gogh. Two years ago I went to the Amsterdam museum to see his art. He really was brilliant but also a little crazy. He relied on his brother a lot all through his life. His paintings were amazing.

Well I bundled up today and took my walk around the neighborhood listening to my music, it was cold but very invigorating. I also did a little shoveling to help clean off our driveway. We have a double driveway so it is big when you are shoveling. :(

Going to the show tonight to see American Sniper, I heard it was really good.

Have a good evening everyone!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Laura so good to see you return to us. still making Jewry? Did you ever get your shop open on the internet/ good to have you back.
    marie
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D Some days are busier than others, so today, reading the posts was the best I could do.

:D I have two friends who have had weight loss surgery but ended up losing a bunch of weight and gaining most of it back because they had no daily program to keep themselves focused on healthy eating and exercise...Bob, congratulations to you on recognizing the scary signs of your weight gain and take some action....so many people ignore the signs and take no action. My highest weight was 183 and it took me until I was 62 before I took it seriously enough to take action. <3 Barbie

Thanks Barbie – I agree on the weight-loss surgery and it is the post-surgical “action-plan” and lifestyle change that will determine the final outcome.

I feel extremely bad for the person I know that re-gained the weight they lost. Actually, their period of “success” was extremely brief and they never did reach an end-goal before re-gaining. I saw it coming when I witnessed their weekly activities / diet. You can’t go back to beer, chicken wings, little exercise etc on a regular basis and hope to succeed.

As someone that has failed a 1000 times, I try to support this person as best I can. ( I will NEVER re-gain all that weight!) my past attempts never lasted more than a few months and I can’t believe this successful journey began back in 2013 (and I had 99% given up).

For me, I think it was a combination of things – medical issues, spouse, grandchildren etc. and all the friends and family I have lost (in their 50’s & 60’s) in just the last 5 years.

:) Bob
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    Hello - home again. My dad's funeral is over---I've signed the initial paperwork at the attorney's office (although he forgot to ask me to bring the EIN/TIN numbers for the trusts). I made my best effort at conversation with the folks who attended the funeral today.

Maybe the most surprising news is a cousin I've not seen for at least 50 years showed up today. Our fathers got into some fight about something way back when, neither of us knows why, but she really made an effort to get there today. We had a nice conversation and when I got home I looked up her phone number on the internet and gave her a call. Now we have each other's cell numbers and I promised to look for some family pictures for her as well. Guess I'll make it a priority to sort out all the pictures from that side of the family so I can divide them between the this cousin and the other one who asked. It's nice they both have children and grandchildren so someone will receive the pictures. YES!!!

Well, time for this one to change clothes and relax. I sat so straight up at the funeral it felt like my backbone would crack.

Now to get back on track with EVERYTHING! (Like reading posts more regularly---welcome back Laura!!)

Hugs.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    I am writing this on my phone. Not as good or easy as the computer
    :smiley: Barbie
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Bob - photography is such an enjoyable hobby isn't it. I love taking pictures of scenery and flowers. Hence the lack of photos for awhile. We live in Calgary and it is definitely winter here. To me, I like catching the light just right and the art of composition. But it's all fun. Your weight loss story is inspiring. Good for you. I credit my extended weight loss to MFP. Like you, I've gained and lost over and over again. But this is a great group and I like the site.

Lin - so glad everything went well for you.

Shirley - Canada and the winter certainly has it's challenges. We have a lot of snow here in Calgary. Makes walking difficult.

Laura - welcome back

Kaci - yes you've definitely posted some beautiful photos.

Everyone else - hugs

Time to go up and relax. Busy day, shopping for new couches, walking on the treadmill, and on and on. Tomorrow we babysit for two grandsons. SB fun.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Jeri

• CALIECAT
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    I am writing this on my phone. Not as good or easy as the computer
    :smiley: Barbie

looks good to me Barbie

marie
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Jeri – You are so right. I get out a bit in the winter – but prefer the other 3 seasons. In fact the photography group I belong with is headed out this weekend – but I’m just not in the mood. The group itself is 300+ but I doubt if more than a dozen or so will head out – so I am not alone… :)
    +
    MFP has been the answer for me. I actually share much more on MFP (people with the same goal) than I do with family / friends.

Actually some people I know can be funny -- they smoke, but will warn you about gluten; they are overweight (and never lose), but have tons of advice about the right way; etc. They are decent people, but it can all be ironic at times.

Have a great week everyone!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    http://www.careercontessa.com/laurie-friedman-adler-clarinetist
    You'll have to copy and paste if you're interested in reading about and seeing photos of Mike's talented daughter. Getting that in here lost the entire post when I pasted but I'll just re-welcome Laura back, and send hugs to LIN along with suggestions she try hard to rest or even sleep! I have messed up my email when Comcast changed from POP to IMAP for me receiving it through Windows Live Mail. When I changed the setting, it downloaded over 60,000 old emails, and then lost my connection! Maybe if I let it rest overnight, things will improve, but right now I cannot receive or send! Darn. BOB, you fit right into the camaraderie we all share here on our Golden Sneakers! And your insight is terrific!
    Must get to sleep now...
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    WOW, I didn't know we could finally post a link here now! So just click on it to see our Laurie!
    <3 Buzz
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Dear LIN, I'm so glad you are home and can now put your feet up a bit.
    Isn't it wonderful that you've found a lost cousin!
    A huge bonus for you.
    It reminds me a little of the poem I posted when I first joined this group.
    The "out in the fields" one.
    "The little cares that fretted me, I lost them yesterday". In other words, although such a sad day in your life, you can now quietly grieve for your parents, and at the same time know a new chapter is unfolding.
    All the best, Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,117 Member
    Options
    Don't send the ransom, I have not been kidnapped. I have an all day assembly today and have been running back and forth to Babes. So much chaos there it is just too much too handle. Will try to get back to you as soon as things calm down and my life becomes normal again. Have a wonderful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • NikonPal
    Options
    More later -- Mrs. wants company for a "quick" run over to the mall...looks like a reversal this morning -- breakfast, mall then exercise. :) Breakfast was good!

20150117_080339_breakfast_blank_zpsbd0e95a6.jpg
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning Sneakers,

Hello to Buzz, I will try and see your daughter's talents a little later today.
    Bob - always interested in your food combinations. It looks like so much food at one time but i see it works for you.
    Dear Lin, I am glad your funeral is over for you and you can see a light at the end of the tunnel of your Dad's affairs that you have been doing for so many years. o:)
    Sandy - You are an angel in all you do for all people. I hope things calm down soon.
    Jeri - Yes this winter is definitely a Polar Vortex. It has been so cold here. After coming home from show last night it was -18 C. Today high of 19F no walking outside for me today.

Plans today are getting my grandbaby's blanket done and just some things around the house.
    Dave is in the training now of his replacement for work and he says it will be so busy now until
    the end of March for him. Doing his work plus training Steve the new replacement for his job.

He has gone to pick up our new foam and cushions for our bed on the boat. I hope my back likes it this summer.

Have a wonderful Saturday and be mindful of your eating plan.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :D Jake is gone for the day...he left at 6 AM to be sure to catch the 8:00 ferry. One of his friends called a little while ago and when I answered to phone to suggest that he call Jim on his cell phone, the friend asked for my input instead. I think I told him what Jake would have said and the friend seemed OK with my answer. The dogs have had all the walking they wanted and now they are stretched out on the couch near the woodstove and the fire. My favorite walking friend will be here soon and we'll walk for about an hour.

:D Bob, Shirley, Jeri, Lin, Sandy (and anyone else in the far north snowy world), I am very grateful for the great weather we have here that allows me to walk for hours every day. Even on the few occasions a year when we have snow, the temperatures are warm enough and there are places the dogs and I can walk. I would have to have a completely different plan if I lived where you live.

:D Sandy, enjoy your Assembly....it will be good for you to spend a lot of time with people who are seeking solution.

:D Buzz, whenever I get frustrated at some of the changes on MFP, I remember the good ones like how you can post a link or a photo easily.

<3 Barbie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Ah BARBIE, don't feel too sorry for us up in the tundra. It has enormous benefits too. We get to wear lovely toasty knitted sweaters, colourful hats, fur lined hooded anoraks, great looking boots, and we get to eat heart warming stews in the winter months. Added bonus, you can see things on your walks that you can't see when the leaves are on the trees. I've a hawk and a falcon who visit my small backyard, rabbits hanging around the bird feeder, the inevitable grey, black and tiny red squirrels, blue jays, cardinals. Opossums, raccoons, you name it, it's in my yard. I much prefer the cold to the awful, humid, mosquito riddled months. Added bonus, we can have a real good moan when the temperature REALLY drops.
    Anne.