Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D Bob, Shirley, Jeri, Lin, Sandy (and anyone else in the far north snowy world), I am very grateful for the great weather we have here that allows me to walk for hours every day. Even on the few occasions a year when we have snow, the temperatures are warm enough and there are places the dogs and I can walk. I would have to have a completely different plan if I lived where you live....:D Buzz, whenever I get frustrated at some of the changes on MFP, I remember the good ones like how you can post a link or a photo easily. <3 Barbie

Barbie -- all I can say is - before winter ends, I'll be posting a few photos with plenty of sunshine and no snow! LOL :) As for MFP - I do prefer it to the LoseIt app, I prev. utilized.

Buzz -- there is a nice camaraderie on this board and feel the same.

Shirley - Thanks - I try to keep the combinations varied and never become bored. I pretty much make things up on the fly...only concerned that it is nutritious, doesn't look horrible and the calories are between 150-250. Of course, everything is weighed so the portions fit the calorie goal.

To all - Don’t think I get the GAC channel – but if you do…this premiere looks good for tonight.

“Betty White’s Smartest Animals in America Premieres Jan. 17; One of America’s favorite actress-comediennes, Betty White, makes her Great American Country debut this week on a two-part special. Premiering on January 17, White’s 93rd birthday, Betty White’s Smartest Animals in America follows the nonagenarian animal lover on her journey across the U.S. as she discovers the most talented, intelligent members of the animal kingdom.”

http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2015/01/11/betty-whites-smartest-animals-in-america-premieres-jan-17/

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options

Good evening sneakers. After some snow last night I walked George on the moors again and guessed it was his first experience of the white stuff...very funny dashing about chasing snow balls thrown by me! Yesterday afternoon I finally found a car to suit my retired lifestyle and once I've completed online insurance, road tax and banking should be able to collect it early next week. Being a Citroen hatchback it's very small compared to the 4X4 I've driven for years so I'll have to take it steady until I get used to the light steering.... the test drive was interesting!!

Bob ~ well done for finding the video of that diet programme the concept of which is being talked about extensively in the UK. Just understanding why we struggle with temptation has to be helpful in tackling it. Your breakfast looks so much more appetising than my usual bowl of porridge and stewed fruit and the picture tells me I must get back to being adventurous in the kitchen.

Anne ~ A couple of days ago a group of deer wandered about the area I park in, no doubt the cold weather has brought them out from the common land, but when walking in the woods I heard a woodpecker rattling away and thought it must think Spring isn't too far away. The moorland ponies have come off the top of the moors to get some shelter near the roadside as have the sheep and cattle so I think they know there's more snow to come! I don't need quite as many layers as you but am not far off!

Lin ~ How nice of your cousin to make her way to your dad's funeral and wonderful that you'll now stay in touch. Recently I made contact with a cousin on my mother's side and because I possess the family photo album have been sending her copies of photos which she's got quite emotional about and we're now talking about meeting up so that I can tell her what I know. For you it's definitely a case of one door opening as another closes.

Buzz ~ What a talent your Laurie is and with such beautiful hair! You must both be so proud.

Sandy ~You give so much, I do hope things aren't getting too fraught for you.

A movie has started on tv I want to watch so will depart.

Jackie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    xxh93qntyj51.jpg
    JACKIE, all your animals too! Hope the photo above comes out. Anne
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Taken from my sons bedroom window.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,156 Member
    Options
    Up half the night with a chirping smoke detector battery. Have been dragging about trying to get things done but when I put something down I forget in about a minute where I put it so I am just going to watch TV for a while and sip some tea and maybe..............zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hugs. Such a great gorup!!

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Problems to workout in my email accounts. Keep getting error warnings bout my server not serving! Hope you are all well and stay that way! Must get together with Comcast and make my computer all better! Didn't BOB's breakfast look enticing?!
    <3 Buzz
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Good morning sneakers. The weather is warming up, time to venture forth!
    I'm back to maintenance weight!
    Me and Tabitha Daisy have eaten our oatmeal and ocean fish formula, her the fish!
    I'm off for a bath and to wash the birds nest that calls itself my hair.
    Enjoy Sunday!
    God's in his heaven, all's right with the world (touch wood!).
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Brrr, a cold Sunday so I'm about to light the fire before George's afternoon pee run. It's doing its best to snow although earlier I was outside helping my neighbour prune a rather out of control apple tree in bright sunshine.

Anne ~ It seems cute deer look the same the world over. I had to cover my cats eyes at those words 'ocean fish' since they live on biscuits I purchase from the vet practice.

Buzz ~ On Thursday I had similar problems with my email in that I couldn't send any and had a message telling me to contact my service provider but when I google searched outlook.com and went into it that way all was fine!! Also someone sent me an email that same afternoon that never arrived.... not yet anyway. Perhaps north Korean 'Kim' is tracking us LOL

Lin ~ Me thinks your body is telling you to slow down and relax so you're doing the right thing. Nothing worse than a beeping smoke alarm in the middle of the night!!

I'm in the middle of making veggie soup with allotment produce so had better get back, blend and freeze it.

Happy Sunday.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,107 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :D It has been a roller coaster of events and I am dizzy from the whole ride. Of course it all has to do with Babe's son who went off the deep end the last few days.
    Thursday he stopped by Babe's before I got there only to be told that I was coming with new phones for his dad. He told Babe to tell me to get the "F" out of his house and Babe responded with "You get the "F" out of my house". That was the beginning of the war and it just escalated from there. I won't go into the awful details but Babe was so depressed and said his son would probably never talk to him again since he thinks Babe chose me over Phl and threw him out of the house he grew up. For two days they didn't talk until yesterday when Phil called Babe and told him what an awful father he was and that he caused his daughter illness and weight gain because he was to busy having a "love affair" with me.
    He said he would never let me see Cheryl or Marisa and I had better hope I never see him.
    He told Babe he was upset because he wanted to take care of his father and wanted to be there for him but he chose me. He went on and on and it was just too much. I told Babe it was time to take a break, that all of this was messing with my serenity and I can't handle it anymore. So guess what? Now this morning Babe calls and said Phil called him and told him he was wrong and that he can't control his father's life and that he should do as he wants and go to movies or dinner with me if that is what he wants. What? My roller coaster is about to explode, I need to take some time to repair the damage. It hurts too much to be pinned in this position. Babe asked if I was still taking him to his doctors appointment on Tuesday, I told him he should ask Phil but we will see how that goes. Thanks for listening,

Jackie, enjoy that fireplace with George at your feet. <3 Congratulations on the new car!
    Anne, good job on getting back to maintenance weight. <3 Love deer, they are so beautiful.
    Buzz, did you restart your computer, I had problems with my Outlook and it worked after restarting. Your daughter is beautiful and looks like you. What a great story. <3
    Bob, thanks for sharing about Betty White, I love her and the fact she is such an animal lover. <3 That breakfast plate looked so yummy and so low in calories, I wish I cooked. <3
    Barbie, it was indeed a great assembly, lots of voting but being with my peers is always a great thing. <3
    Shirley, did you get the blanket done? <3
    Lin, Jackie is right, listen to your body, there is nothing that can't wait. <3

Thanks again for letting me vent, I know I am fine, I just need to have some time to myself.
    Sandy
    One Minute at a Time

• NikonPal
    Options
    Anne – I so wish some deer would come around my house, but I’m just not in the right area. LOVE the photo!

Lin – OMG. Your “detector” story gave me a flash-back to when I had moved into a new house years ago. Many months after I moved in there was a LOUD chirping in the middle of the night. I hopped out of bed and it stopped…back to bed…it started again…I thought it was the smoke detector I had installed in the upstairs hallway…I played with it…this went on & on…the detector was a wired connection. I finally gave up and pulled it off the wall. And went back to bed…then the chirping started again! Long story short – under a hidden area there was a carbon monoxide detector that the previous owner had tucked away…talk about feeling stupid – removed battery & went to bed! LOL

Started the morning before sunrise with a 414 calories burn doing 70 minutes of walking, 3.1 mph pace. Left the gym at sunrise – and as you can see in this cell phone snap – a gorgeous start to a Sunday morning.

SUNRISE:

20150118_071903_SunriseatPF_zps2e28947a.jpg

Came home and made a “small” 218 Calorie breakfast. (Glad U liked the last one Buzz)

BREAKFAST:

20150118_092447_breakfastingredients_zpsa045584d.jpg

73641431.png
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    SANDY - just a thought and of course none of my business, but why doesn't B just sell the house, pocket the money and move in with you? I mean if there is no house to fight over, P will have to behave himself if he wants to get his mitts on any leftover cash one day. A bit of grovelling might be good for him if he thinks he can be removed from a will at any moment. Meanwhile you and B should have fun and just ignore the son. People hate to be ignored! Anne
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,156 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh Sandy, what a mess. Steer clear!!! This relationship issue will never change unless both parties in the disagreement make changes. I know you know. Hugs for you. Take your break. You've been through this stuff before and I wish you didn't have to go through it again!

I went to church this morning and again got so tired out I left after Sunday school.........I seem to be especially touchy and a woman came in with attitude today. She was sharp, abrasive and critical of everything at our church and it was all about her and our church wasn't like the one she went to as a kid and she may stop coming. Then it was on to how she's so poor etc. When the "all about me" party was over I put my coat on and left before I said something I'd regret. I hope next week is a better one!

Picked up some nice organic fruits and veggies at Whole Foods. I'm going to do some indoor walking, watch some TV, and probably nap again. Seems my energy level goes from ok to nada in an instant.

Bob - LOVED that picture of the sunrise. Beautiful!

Phoebe - are you still home or have you left once again?

Anne - what a great start you've had to your day. But then of course now I look at the clock and wow---it's well into the afternoon!

Buzz - sorry about the computer problems. Seems like at least one of us is usually fighting some computer issue.......

Marie - what are you doing today? Watching football??

Jackie - I really enjoy having a fire in my fireplace even though it's a gas fireplace. It certainly is warm and cozy. I may light it up this evening for a while (after I get in my steps for the day).

Barbie - how is your weekend going? Very well I imagine. You are the most centered person I know..........

Shirley - hello my friend. My goodness your DH's retirement is coming up soon! Hang in there.

Chris - hope you can get back to join us soon.

Jeri, Gayla, Phyllis, Diane, Laura, Sandi, Karen, Kacciera, and everyone else I've missed, sorry, hopefully my brain cells will charge up a bit better over the coming weeks.

Hugs to all.

Lin in Central Iowa
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Good advice Anne. I think some people like to be unhappy. Sandy, you are Not one of those people. Its good you can get away from the 'madmen ' i do wish Babe would stop telling you about 'less than zero's ' comments. Does Babe possibly enjoy the drama a little?

Cant believe it is 68 degrees in amarillo tx today. Mostly sunny too! Westward we go.
    Have a great week

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Phoebe it is 64 here in Mesquite with no wind and that makes it a perfect day. Been out walking twice and going again soon. No jackets around here. front door open. Weez how great is that

Sandy My heart ache for you. going thru that Mess. And it is a mess.. maybe Babe is waking up. .But doubt it. you would not allowed your kids to act that way with Babe.
    And I think Babe needs to tell his kids that too Tell them to treat you with respects or phill not Welcome in his house. And stick to it. Babe has let them get away with murder. Way to much.Sandy please delete this if you don't want it here, For I may be speaking out of line
    Marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Go west young PHOEBE!
    LIN I'm in a feisty mood today, it must be the fresh air going to my brain. But honestly, people bad mouthing your church, how crass! I would have shook her hand, and said sweetly "it was LOVELY meeting you and I DO hope your next church will be more to your liking, goodbye".
    Here's hoping I'm back to my "lovable self" tomorrow. Sigh. I think it's spring fever!
    Anne.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Marie, you are not speaking out of line about Sandys troubles. A man should defend his wife especially with grown "children", and if he can't or is too weak to he should not expect any help from the disrespected wife.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the comments and all are true. When I went to get my check I explained to Babe that I was hurt and I need a little time for myself so he should ask Phil to take him to the doctor. He said but everything is okay now. I know he doesn't get it and there is nothing I can do or say to help him understand. Anne, it isn't the house it is hatred for me from his kids. He has never said no to them and they have no respect for anyone. Marie, you know Babe won't do that, he can never stand up to his kids. You did not speak out of turn and I love you for caring for me.
    This too shall pass but it only confirms that I do not need his kids in my life and I am so happy to live by myself.
    Thanks Everyone.
    Sandy
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Like many people, I have sneaked a peek at “The Biggest Loser” show, to get a glimpse of the changes in people after they lose a lot of weight…but not for a second did I ever buy into the “The Biggest Loser” approach to weight loss.

Reading this story (I bought the paper on a lark, at the grocery checkout), I had a hard time finding sympathy for someone that went along with having her cell phone & laptop confiscated for 24 hrs., fat-shaming and isolation and then says she was “brainwashed.” She tells the story of one contestants’ child becoming seriously ill and being cared for in the ICU; he didn’t want to leave because the show would drop him!!! HELLO…your kid is in ICU!!!

She goes on to say “by the end of the show, I was running on 400 calories and 8-9 HOUR workouts PER DAY.” It doesn’t take a genius to know what will happen (short or long term). We are also asked to believe that she submitted a video to be on “The Biggest Loser” but never saw the show.

I could go on with an in-depth analysis and shared responsibility / common sense – but will let people make up their own minds. The following is a link to the story.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/18/contestant-reveals-the-brutal-secrets-of-the-biggest-loser/
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Phoebe ~ I hope you were singing Neil Sedaka's 'Is this the way to Amarillo' as you travelled because I've now got it stuck in my head!! LOL

Sandy ~ Keep your distance from Babe and that bullying son for as long as you can because that's the only way the message will really get through to Babe and you'll hopefully get some peace. I inwardly gasp at his inability to grasp what he does to you each time this happens but am pleased to note you are now strong enough to distance yourself at least for a while. Love you kiddo. <3

Bob ~ A perfect way to start the day I agree. That glorious sky wouldn't have been seen by so many that time of the morning so what a privilege. That breakfast wasn't something to miss either!

Marie ~ Great to see you've been walking and of course I'm jealous of those temperatures!

Lin ~ Hope you're curled up with a good book or tv. Tonight I enjoyed the start of a new 'Call the midwife' that had me smiling and then tearful all within minutes!

Anne ~ You did make me laugh at the imagined conversation at Lin's church.... so British! LOL

More snow predicted tonight so I might be slipping and sliding as I walk George tomorrow! Not far off bedtime for me so I'll say goodnight.

Jackie
  • NikonPal
    Options
    When I read Phoebe all I could think of was George Strait singing “Amarillo by Morning”, up from San Antone. / Everything that I've got is just what I've got on. / When that sun is high in that Texas sky / I'll be bucking it to county fair.…