Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    A dark foggy morning and I hear the fog horns in the distance. It is to be sunny today once the fog burns off.

One of the great things about our little sisterhood is the sharing of information. I have learned about so many things from you all. I would be absolutely devastated if any of you got hurt. I do not have any of my “BFF” pals from the past left anymore. I am afraid you dear girls are it! So heads up...take good care of yourselves. Our neighbors are an immense herd of milk cows. Very little friendly chats with the Neighbors! We do have a diverse little group. I love our morning chats and exchange of ideas.

As the sun is coming up, I see a family of deer quietly eating left over apples that have fallen from the tree. They seem unaware of Katie who is watching quietly from a window in our dining room. I am charmed by them and love that our weather permits baby deer to be born later in the fall as well as spring. These babies have lost their spots but are very young.

I am working on a poster design for the action group, then to get a few household chores done. I’ll be back later. Coffee now! Something to help clear personal cobwebs from my brain.
    Patsy
  • Gawanne32
    Gawanne32 Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2018
    Oh, I am glad you saw the leggings JACKIE, did you read the great reviews they got? The high waistline is great for controlling any muffin top. I tried them on again this morning with various sweaters and shirts and I'm still very pleased. They are rather like expensive trousers actually.

Isn't it awful when you feel things aren't quite right but are scared of poking ones nose in others business. Maria my fairly new neighbour came over last night and spilled a lot of her fears out about her husband and his advancing problems, ending up in floods of tears. I feel so helpless especially when she said that she was so glad she'd found me to be her neighbour because unlike most folk, I understood. Anyway when I took Jilly for our morning amble I noticed all the curtains were drawn although by 9 am she is usually driving T to meet his friends in a coffee shop. Half hour later on our return things hadn't changed and their truck was still parked in the drive. I kept checking and finally by 11 am the truck had gone. Relief, they are okay I thought, but then the son drove up and let himself into the house. Very unusual for a work day. He almost immediately left again so I feel something's happened. They haven't been my neighbours for very long, maybe two years. Maria's moms funeral occurred on Monday and I bought her some flowers but my two sons advised me not to give them to her in case her husband with his dementia thought she had a boyfriend. This she confirmed last evening when I showed her the flowers which she daren't accept because indeed he is showing signs of jealousy. Oh dear.
    I'm sure my fears are ill founded and they just slept in. I probably would have phoned this pm. What would you have done? My imagination was running wild after the conversation last evening. The truck hasn't returned as of now.

Maybe living with no close neighbours PATSY isn't such a bad thing. That was me living next to the church grounds a few years ago. Only the ever present Harry on the other side and his junk.

Well, we've started a new page and I can't go back to check on our doings. I recall Jackie saying Brady is the same age as Jilly, BUZZ is having "one of those days" and SANDY is with the bairns? Where are you LIN?
    Annie.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    In the middle of baking fish, steaming veggies for dinner and making a cuppa as well as hard boiling eggs for later use but remembered I meant to point Anne in the direction of the Hillary Greene mystery series for a good read if you haven't already. A good idea to follow in sequence!!
    https://www.goodreads.com/series/115896-di-hillary-greene

Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited October 2018
    My goodness, JACKIE, warm fleece jackets? It's close to 90 degrees here! I hope Georgie's lump is nothing more than diagnosed! Heaven knows, I develop lumps all over my legs and arms now a days! Wish I could still wear tights, like you beautiful ladies, but I doubt I'd even dare try!
    My cousin sent me a picture I treasure of Mike and me on the west coast of Florida taken just before moving here in 2012. May I share it with you as I've, been getting more sentimental since the date of the second anniversary of his passing approaches? I never thought I would feel this way, but memories keep crowding in !
    a17qvy9p46fd.png

We are having a great speaker on current events tonight, and I'm hoping the Big Bully's followers don't show up to try to stop her! Last year's discussion was a disaster with his followers disrupting the meeting!
    Didn't realize how late it has gotten. At least I finished my absentee ballot this afternoon. I must think positive!
    SANDY, hope you enjoyed the little ones today! And got to rest up afterwards!
    <3 Buzz
    ......................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!..........................
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    edited October 2018
    Good evening, another day with sunshine. Wahoo! Loved it. Yesterday I did run all my errands and it was a terrific day for a drive with wonderful colorful leaves. So beautiful. On the way home, I stopped at a consignment store and spent some time walking around looking at a bit of everything.

Today was Tai Chi/Qigong morning, a quick stop for a coffee, home to make lunch and practice the Tai Chi form I was going to do in class. Went to class and found out this class will be cancelled for the months of Nov., Dec., and at least half of January. Attendance hasn’t been very good and I wonder if they will be dropping the class next year? They are thinking of splitting up the instructor duties with one person takIng a month and then another taking the next month. Well, we will see.

Tomorrow is library ladies morning but not at the library. They do not have a place for us so we are meeting at a restaurant. We will see how that goes. Then my Tai Chi lesson in the afternoon. Should be a good day.

Buzz, thank you for posting that lovely photo. It is good to see a photo of you with Mike. Hugs. I hope this evening goes well but these days who knows. There is so much rudeness out here.

Anne, wow, wow, wow. It sounds as if you will be getting much use from your new leggings. I hope they last for years! I hope nothing is wrong with your neighbors.

Jackie, I checked out the books you linked. I am going to try one. I got a Kindle copy but not certain when I will get to it. I am reading the very crazy, unexpectedly twisting mystery “The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle” by Stuart Turton. Wow! I have several other books from the library to read and another book club selection to finish. It is a nonfiction book and I find I really am not that interested in the level of detail provided.

Patsy, we are a part of something special in this group. I cherish it and always look forward to each message each and every day. It is wonderful to have you as friends. You do live in the wild don’t you? A herd of milk cows, deer, and no doubt many small creatures scurrying about keeping Katie busy as she watches them.

Sandy another busy day for you. A happy day with your grandchildren. And I did not win anything in the Mega Millions drawing last evening. Disappointed but not surprised. Haaaaa.

Well, just move along. After hours and hours of Tai Chi today, sitting too long is not a good thing to do. It brings on cramps in the legs.

Hugs. Stay safe.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    Hi there! Peeped in as I was checking my mail. And there you were Buzz and your dear Mike! First let me say, you are one adorable looking lady! As a couple you two must have been a real delight to be with. The photo really shows Mike’s sense of humor. To my mind, it is wonderful to remember and honor a relationship. He must have been a charmer. Thanks for sharing
    Patsy
  • pinkperil
    edited October 2018
    A cooler morning for me but the sun is now beginning to break through so I think we are in for a reasonable day. George was in high spirits as he cantered across the moors and at times I struggled to keep up but not a problem because as you know from my photos I can see for miles so little chance of losing him. When we returned to the car park I was asked by a couple I'd noticed sleeping in their car when I arrived if I would buy something from a bag to pay for repairs to the vehicle so I told them I didn't carry money when dog walking but when I enquired if the car was broken down I was told no, just needs repairs! Unfortunately as pleasant as they come across such travelers, this time from Slovakia according to their license plate, do cause concern among locals because they are here legally as part of the European Union but spend their days begging or taking any opportunity to steal. The man was encouraging George to go to him but my boy just kicked his back heels and told him to back off so I picked him up and put him in my car!! After that I went to our farm shop to buy a few items with money I actually did have in my pocket but wasn't going to tell them!!

Buzz, I love that photo of you and Mike which reminds me of the time we chatted briefly on Skype as your gorgeous man stood looking over your shoulder. Memories are good to hold on to and with them comes so much emotion but that shows how much you love him still. You must wonder what he would have thought of the bullying followers of THAT man who should know better than to shout down anyone with a differing opinion. What happened to their manners and respect? Hopefully last night's discussion wasn't to traumatic.

Anne, I feel for you because when the dear housebound lady I used to pop in to see gave me cause for concern I was never sure if I would be thought of by her family as nosy rather than worried and she was still bright as a button. Certainly I used to get the occasional long glance from her son who lived with her but worked all day that seemed to say what do you know? Perhaps Maria's son will see what the situation is doing to his mother and come up with a constructive plan otherwise tragedy could be just round the corner. It might not be what you want to do but could you suggest to Maria that since you were so worried would she mind if it happens again you knocking or ringing the door bell just to check but really Anne, be careful because what could you be getting yourself entangled in? As someone once said to me, there's being neighborly then there's being stupid but I tend to go in feet first and think after and I think you are the same! Is there any advice in what I've just typed.... probably not!!

Patsy, from experience I can say one can get an awful lot of chit chat from a herd of cows, I talk to them all the time when I come across them on the moors. It's the sheep that don't have much to say but just stare with a faraway look in the eyes! Then there is the neighbour of mine that F's and blinds for England.... that wouldn't be a conversation I'd enjoy, not that we've struck one up in the 15 years they've lived next to me because I take avoiding him very seriously!

Lin, you're a prolific reader compared to me as I just about manage an hour before bed. I've a couple of what look like light read thrillers waiting in the wings and am currently halfway through From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon, a novel about a Jewish girl surviving in Italy during the German occupation. It's not a bad read but considering the seriousness of the subject does seem lacking in substance. Apparently a New York Times bestseller so what do I know? Ah-ha, just looked up the book you're reading and laughed at a review..... "I was lucky I started reading it in Spain while on holiday otherwise it might have taken over my life. Brilliant!" I might well get a copy myself.

Sandy, a busy day for you yesterday so maybe recovering this morning!

Time for some housework.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne32
    Hello everyone, I'm pleased to report that the next door neighbours seem to be okay. The truck was on the drive this morning and when I took Jilly for her morning trot the curtains were open. On our way back I could see the truck driving out of the driveway so Maria would be taking her husband off to the cafe as normal. I was really worried because she had been so upset the previous day, but think maybe the advice to not go where angels fear to tread is probably good. She has her two sons, DiL's, and sister not too far away.
    I've just been doing my online grocery ordering again. The fourth time! I love the veggies which are super fresh and at the moment grown locally. In fact I swear the last Brussels sprouts I ordered where still covered in morning dew. There's a list you can call up which states which veggies are in season and most economical to buy. When I think how the local store bought ones looked wilted and well fingered I'm more than pleased. Some things are on offer and this week I saved over 16 dollars which more than pays for the delivery charge plus I'm well on my way with the points system and $10 rewards.
    BUZZ that's such a lovely photo of you and Mike I would be tempted to enlarge it and frame. He will always be with you, you know. A passing thought and there he is.
    JACKIE, "my mother said I never should,
    play with the gypsies in the wood".
    Stay safe and no handouts! They won't move on if they've found a lucrative area! We have them here. Not talking about the Roma, these are European "travellers". The women wear baggy clothes for shop lifted goods. Or they did, shop keepers are now clued in.
    LIN, I'm breathless when I read all that you do! It was one degree above freezing this morning, but the sun is-a-shining.
    SANDY, still away with the babies?
    Well, must copy Lin and get off my bum. The housework awaits,
    Annie.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    edited October 2018
    Happy Thursday! :) I won $75 at bingo last night so that will help with the birthday lunch for my friend today. I am skipping my meeting which I really don't like to do but they made the reservations for 2:00 so I can't do both. As far as the fireplace my landlord sent one his guys to look at it and determined it was too complicated for him. He gave me the number of another handyman who is coming at 8 am Saturday. He told me that it will have to be put back to the way it was when I move so keep the parts. He also asked if I am spending the same amount of money it would have cost to fix the existing fireplace. Hell no, it would cost $750 to fix it and the insert was $140. Depending on the labor of the new handyman which sounds like I am paying it shouldn't be much. I did get frustrated with him and said maybe I should just leave it alone and send back the insert to which he said at least see what the handyman can do, just leave it ascetically the same. I am so regretting this move and two year lease.
    Still waiting for them to power wash my balcony as well. Not in very good mood.

Anne, I am so glad the online grocery shopping is going well for you, makes it so convenient.
    I was with the kids from 10:30 am to 2:30 and that was enough. lol

Jackie, were there other people around when the couple approached you? That would have made me nervous but I am glad George was smart enough to stay away. I do feel for the homeless but I am always afraid to give them money because of drugs and alcohol. We get them a lot on street corners when stopped for a red light. I admire the people who take them in a restaurant for a meal rather then giving them money.

Lin, you have another chance for the mega million and I will give it a try as well. Can't hurt.

Buzz, your picture of you and Mike reminded me of the time we met in at Club Med in Florida. I thought I had one of the two of you but all I could find was the one of you and me.
    hawq8y0cl49s.jpg
    That was a fun afternoon.

Patsy, hopefully this fireplace thing can be done and I can again thank you for saving my life. Doesn't that mean I am indebted to you for the rest of my life?

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    SANDY, I just love that picture of the two of us! And memories of that day are as fresh as though it were yesterday! Do you recall how many years ago that was? Those were the years I still tanned in the sun! Now, I stay carefully away from it, which means for the first time in my life, I wear a bit of makeup!!! So much water under the bridge since I think you were not living alone yet! I recall Phil's rather nasty wife passing through!
    JACKIE, That scene with the "beggars" can turn very scary! We ran into similar things in Austria, Yugoslavia and Italy and I remember being so glad I wore a money belt! I do remember that call on Skype. That may be the last time I used Skype, as Facetime and Messenger video calls seem much less complicated!
    PATSY, indeed I thought of you at last night's discussion called "What's Your View?" The weird followers never showed up, so I didn't have to have a confrontation with disruptors, which I really had prepared for! Why is it so difficult to stand up for our deep beliefs with those people who have foisted such nastiness upon us? Anyway, the sweetness of tiny fawn makes for lovelier thoughts!
    ANNE, I love the online shopping, and have found the produce chosen seems much fresher than what I usually find!!! I think someone already mentioned that sometimes we find ourselves entangled in situations similar to a spider's web! Meaning well, we find nothing but trouble! I've just emerged from a situation I'm happy to be away from, as people are not always what they seem to be! And thank you for your suggestion; I will consider framing it, as I really love that grin on Mike's face!
    LIN, my dear, I get worn out just following all your plans! And perhaps a trifle envious that you attempt so much! Indeed we are a fortunate group to have one another (and I really am the luckiest one to know you all!). I did not go down to dinner tonight, but my tummy is growling so I will forage in my refrigerator fo leftovers, though the idea of wedges of crisp apple with peanut butter sounds marvelous!
    <3 Buzz
    ......................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!.........................
  • linder4866
    edited October 2018
    Good evening. One little errand this morning followed by library ladies at the deli. We had a good talk but honestly the chairs were so hard on the tush we didn’t stay quite as long as usual. Then I was off to the health food store and then on to meet my Tai Chi teacher. My lesson is only scheduled for an hour but most often we run an hour and a half to two hours. Very enjoyable and we do get quite a lot of talking fit in between bits of learning. Accomplishment of the day, I have finally hacked my way through single fan long form! Pretty shaky on the fourth section and lots to learn but it feels good to understand what is in each section and to know what the next move is even if I cannot do it well. Wahoo!! Since I started with her, I now can do a passable 24 form, have dug into a number of the double fan moves and now have made great progress on the long form. She is a very good instructor! And of course, I am a dedicated student. B)

Just under 200 pages left in the current book. It continues to dizzy me even though I am over 300 pages into the murky and messy trials and tribulations of the characters.

I have started coloring for my Turkey Day cards now. This design should not take as much time. But then I will cut out the colored image and place it on either an embossed background or a stamped background. We will see!

Sandy, yes, Patsy saved your life so now I think you owe her pretty much everything. Lucky for you, I doubt she will try to collect. Okay, we will both get a Mega Millions ticket. Cannot hurt! Congrats on your Bingo win. Meanwhile, your landlord wants you to keep all the parts so that indicates to me that he will pay to fix it at some point. Why not now? If you have a handyman fix it up to electric, at your cost, it will likely also be at your cost to remove the electric and put the gas parts back. I wouldn’t do it. I would return the electric and work on him to fix it. You rented the place WITH A FIREPLACE. So lower rent with no fireplace?

Buzz, I also adore the photo of you and Sandy. Two great looking ladies. Just wonderful to see it. Maybe I will save it to my album. Love My friends!

Anne, glad everything seems okay next door. I would stay away. There are irrational peoples everywhere. Please keep Annie and Jilly safe from unpredictable humans! Your grocery ordering service just sounds heavenly! Oh I wish we had something similar. And say, have you been out to buy your legal marijuana today? Wow, Canada is rocking this right?

Jackie, I have visions of George cantering along. What a doll. And very smart to stay away from those folks. They might have dognapped him. And smart of you to say you had no money. Hope they move on or if they stay that you don’t come across them again. Keep the doors locked!

Patsy, if you posted, my iPad is not letting me see it. Hope the poster work is going well.

Hugs my friends.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    LIN, your posts are becoming more and more instructive! Amazing how much you see!
  • jwubben6600
    Hey! I am up but not really operating yet. Yesterday I wrote one of my long chit-chats and it never showed up here. Not sure about that. Did the internet decide I was just too silly and cut me off? I will never know.

Today I will be doing some hated banking. I hate it because I have to go into this bank that feels cold and unfeeling. It has a bad reputation and there is not one plant or even a photograph anywhere. No art or graphics, everything is gray and colorless including the bank employees. They have the best interest on savings sadly . Here I go, money and the place they keep it is evil. I really would like to close my saving account there. Hummmmmm! I am also going to Walgreens for a flu shot. Another cheery errand. The shot always makes me feel crummy for a day or so. John insists we do it because he is sure we would catch the bad kind of flu if we didn’t. These are important but annoying errands.

A note to Sandy, you have repaid me tenfold but being monitor of this forum. Since I am such a total dummy when it comes to computers and even my iPad, I barely know how to turn this thing on. What little info I can share, I do with great appreciation for you and all in Sneakerville.

John, Katie and I are having an early breakfast, taking out the trash, getting cleaned up and out the door to the bank and Walgreens. I will pick up a little bouquet of flowers to cheer up the dining room table while I am out.

Do you get flu shots? I wouldn’t if it were not for John. He is a firm believer in the shots.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Good morning. Having a hot cup of coffee and then it’s off to Trader Joe’s in the drizzly early morning. I thought about other errands but for now, I am just going to do this and return home. Then we will see what the day will bring.

Buzz, so glad you popped in! Thank you but I doubt I have much to offer this group of wise ladies. :) I am happy just to be included.

Time to get the raincoat out again.

Hugs. Be safe.

Lin
  • Gawanne32
    I got up very early which means the bread machine is busily making raisin bread. And Dario (we are on first names now that my 4th order showed up) delivered the weekly groceries. Again very pleased and I hope this quality continues! Dario played a brief time with Jilly which made Jilly ecstatic. It is Jilly's happy day because Muchael will show up very soon. There are very few people who Jilly doesn't like which makes me think there's hope for us two footed critters. I wonder if she would take to certain world leaders, we'll never know.

I've never had a flu shot PATSY and I haven't had the flu since the Asian flu in 1957. However this doesn't mean I won't get it at some point and I'm sure John is very wise. I wish there was some kind of shot to repel mosquitoes, the bane of my existence. I also have to go to the bank today Patsy, ours is like yours I'm afraid and also smells strongly of disinfectant. The tellers are all Chinese and I mention this because none of them seem to understand British humour. This means I become Asian when I go into the bank. I.e,.... blank in the bank. Inscrutable is the word I think.
    Oh, and like you It's our trash day as well.

Here's the son and heir, can you hear the excited yips!
    Annie.
  • pinkperil
    edited October 2018
    I too was up early this morning, got on with last night's washing up, put a load of laundry in the washing machine then off we went to walk across the moors in beautiful warm sunshine, so warm in fact I had to remove my jacket! Not much seems to have been done since then because I sat down to watch a programme about a couple designing and building a Scandinavian style home for little money and promptly fell asleep, something I hate doing because even though it was only for 20 minutes I've felt groggy ever since.
    I'd like to say sneakers that have bank branches to visit are very lucky however soulless because in my part of the world they are closing at a rapid rate and we are being told to bank on line. When my local branch closed a couple of years ago I didn't have to go too far in order to make transactions at another in a town I enjoyed visiting with it's small unique stores but then that was closed too so now I have a 40 mile round trip to Plymouth. A few weeks ago one of the major bank's computers crashed and blow me, they issued a statement telling everyone to visit their local branch.... one of my shouting at the news on my radio moments!!

Patsy, now this could be tempting fate but I've never had a flu jab and don't intend to start any time soon but understand it is important for people with other health issues to do so which means John is probably right. Like Anne I've only had one bout and that was in 1992 so do know how ghastly it makes you feel but don't see the point for me unless a pandemic occurs.

Lin, the car park was free from any threats this morning but I did take a long look around before parking up. I didn't mention yesterday that what they were selling from their plastic bag sounded like "baloney" which at the time made me smile inside as I wondered if they knew the other definition! Don't worry, when I worked at the bottom of my garden yesterday afternoon I ensured the back door to my property was locked even though there are two very pleasant builders next door working on the extension. No chances being taken by me!!

Sandy, When I read about your fireplace I have to say I had the same reaction as Lin in that I don't understand why your landlord isn't paying to repair it if it's not working. Why should you have to pay when it is his property? No different to your last landlady expecting you to pay for her painter to decorate in colours she wished to live with. The builder who said he would tile my hearth didn't contact me yet and he was supposed to be here either today or tomorrow. Nothing from the smithy either so it seems we all have our frustrations with these handymen!

Anne, great that your grocery delivery is working out for you and sounds like someone who does the packing gives thought to what is being sent out. I've heard horror stories here! Have a lovely day with Mike.... Jilly will probably have an even better one!

Buzz, isn't it always the way; we build ourselves up for confrontation and it doesn't happen. Hopefully someone had a quiet word in the ear of each disruptor, either that or they don't hold any constructive views, just hate!

It's looking gloomy outside so I don't think my laundry will be dry but time to bring it in anyway then feed my hens some afternoon corn.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    Happy Friday! :) I have been for color and a trim, then to the bank for some money for my casino trip Monday-Wednesday. My landlord stopped by to see the fireplace and we are now discussing whether we should repair gas fireplace and split the difference. It doesn't look like the electric insert is going to fit in existing fireplace. I am leaving to go with Lisa for Charlie's 3 month pictures and then to trunk and treat at Robby's school.

No time to chat so have a good afternoon.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Good afternoon! The sun is out and the temperature is mild. Wahoo!!

After Trader Joe’s I dropped off my groceries and walked to a neighbor’s house - huge garage sale. It was fun to look around. They asked me to come back tomorrow as they would add more items and discount some of the things that are out on display today. I can see the garage from my kitchen. Oh my, they have a continual stream of people. I would imagine they are selling a lot.

I did three little loads of laundry and finished reading the oddball book. Aha!! All is revealed.

I have some bills to pay, lots of coloring and more books to read. B)

Sandy, busy day for you. Good luck on your upcoming casino trip. I like that, whether WE should repair the gas fireplace and split the difference. My feathers are still ruffled. He needs to do maintenance and repairs. I will quit now. Trunk or treat. Wahoo! Kids love that.

Jackie, I have three banks in town but none of the tellers know me and they are not a bit friendly. I must produce ID every time I visit. Back in the day when I banked for my dad, all theee of his banks knew me, I had personal bankers and no ID was needed. A smaller metro with nicer people? Did the hens love the corn?

Anne, have you and Jilly had a good day? How was the raisin bread? You are quite the adventuresome person! Lots of new clothes, online grocery shopping, mastering the complex bread machine! Amazing.

Patsy, I hope your chores are complete. I have not had a flu shot for a number of years. I wanted the one without the preservative junk in it and no one had it so I stopped trying to find one and gave it up altogether. I try to avoid sick people. Some day the lottery on that will run out I would imagine.

Buzz, hello dear lady. I wonder what you are doing today. I hope it is a happy day.

Hugs again.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    HI, LOVES! No volley ball as my shoulder suddenly kicked up and couldn't raise my arm!
    Replacement for my Trash Sak arrived and I removed the broken one from under my sink, and set the new one right into the old holes, where it held for about 3 seconds before falling down. Turns out the door is not wood but a composite and the holes had enlarged, so I have to ask for help after all :'( !
    Thursday was also WW Day and I finally took off another 1/2 pound! After about 4 weeks! I simply MUST start tracking, and hate doing so as I can't figure out the points at dinner, since I haven't cooked it! Renewing is coming up soon, and it is fairly expensive ($186 for 19 weeks with meetings held right here at my community), and I'm considering whether or not to just go back to doing it on my own!
    Almost 2 AM, and I'm about to fall asleep, so wishing you all a good night :o
    <3 Buzz
    ......................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!.........................
  • pinkperil
    Well here I am on a glorious sunny day but because I was waiting patiently for the builder and smithy to arrive to do their work George missed his walk on the moors which would have been wonderful and instead we walked round the village on the road... not the same! No sign of either man by 9.30 so I phoned and left a message and finally got a response halfway round the walk to say sorry, should have let you know the builder can't make it until Wednesday but then suggests I should have phoned him last night! I wanted to say I'm sorry for being so trusting thinking you'd be here today but decided there's no point because this is how most of Cornwall operates... shades of Doc Martin again!! Never mind I now have the rest of the day to myself so will enjoy the sunshine as I continue to tidy my garden.

Buzz, One of my kitchen cupboard doors had the exact same problem last week as your little rubbish bin and after some thought I came up with a plan that seems to have worked and my door is solid wood and very heavy. Of course I'll probably never be able to undo the hinge again but don't think I'll need to in my lifetime! Get yourself one of those small squirting Gorilla glues with a pointy tip and squeeze into the hole then making sure you have a way of holding your rubbish container in place (maybe adhesive tape) turn the screws into the hole. Leave alone for a couple of hours then you should find it's there forever because that glue dries into solid resin. That's a lot of money to pay out to track what you eat when MFP can do it for you, not that I do anymore when I really should.... a case of do as I say not what I do!!

A cup of coffee in the sunshine then out with my secateurs!
    Enjoy your Saturday lovely Sneakers.
    Jackie