Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    It's quite mild here and on the usual morning trek across the moors I ended up first taking my hat off then unzipping my coat in spite of mist drifting about. The dogs had a great time and at one point George had one of his now famous Zen moments!
    y5qklwaft50c.jpg

Anne, if I was you I would ask that any refund should be in installments since it was the tax office mistake. How cheeky to be claiming interest on it too. The good news on Betty's toilet training is she is holding on longer before peeing but the downside of that is a bigger puddle to clean up!! She has also discovered the plastic toggles on my coats and jackets so if I put one over the back of a chair she spends her day trying to chew them off... a real fixation! She's teaching me to be more tidy.

Sandy, at least 2 cars passed me when I was walking George's collar on a lead yesterday so goodness knows what they must have thought!

Lots to do so I'll wish everyone an enjoyable Saturday.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I think, when I get the bill, I'll just cough up JACKIE. You just can't win with ANY government. They insisted at the time their assessment was correct after me questioning it, and so I thought they are the experts and treated myself to two M&S shirts with the refund.
    Jilly's joined George except instead of zen she's gone into hibernation mode! Had her brekkie then straight back to her basket and UNDER her blankie. Mark thinks this system will drift south. If not it's predicted to snow until Sunday.
    Beautiful photo. I love the muted colours. Feel like getting my paints out of hibernation. Jill's forever slipping out of her collar so sympathies. It depends how thick her Pomeranian ruff is. Did George get a haircut recently? Betty will get there, but hard work until she does, again sympathies and at least you will have unique designer toggles.....sorry! Weird sense of humour!
    Annie.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) We ended up with about 5 inches of snow. They are out plowing so hopefully things will be clean enough for me to go to 5:00 Mass today. I have been working so hard on eating right and riding my bike but the weight comes off every so slowly, not like when you put it on. I have less than two months to get to my goal so wish me luck.

Anne, I would really be upset over the interest, are you sure a phone call wouldn't get it removed? Stay indoors with all the snow you are expecting, we don't want any falls.

Jackie, I am sure those drivers thought you were a little daffy or they saw George and just laughed and laughed. Betty will get the hang of it, just hope your patience hangs on. It took Daisy almost a year before she really got the hang of it so there is hope. Beautiful picture!!!

Lin, I am curious to how much snow you ended up with. Is today a stay in sort of day??

Hello to everyone else and have a cozy day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,187 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello all! I have been cruising along from one little thing to the next all day. The snow removal guy has finally been here. I cleaned off around my overhead garage door earlier and should do it again before dark. Hopefully the garage door will open tomorrow should I decide to go out.

Lots of little loads of laundry out of the way, online bills paid and checks written and my biggest project is shoes. I have had a tendency to purchase shoes that I thought looked nice but due to foot problems, I could never wear them for more than a little while. And then I have a couple of pairs of shoes I wear all the time as they are just right in the support department and my orthotics fit. Today quite a number of pairs of the shoes that I consider my “one hour shoes” have been tossed out. Not all of them of course, I mean, I couldn’t rid myself of all of them. Some are still just too adorable. Haaaaaa. But it is progress.

Sandy, snowfall varied widely, I think we have about 7 inches around here. Lucky! A bit further to the South they received 12 inches and more. I hope you were able to get out. Our roads have been plowed but darn, it is cold out there! Take care.

Anne, what confusion regarding the taxes. I understand they can ask for a return of the money, although that seems bad form on their part after assuring you they were right. But it seems you should have been given an option to return the money BEFORE any interest should accrue. After all, you did not request the refund, and you did not know there had been an error until you received that letter. Quite unfair! I guess I would protest it.

Jackie, what a stupendous photo of George. He is a darling. Betty, very bad behaviors, she really is cutting loose now isn’t she.

Karen, all I can say is wow. It was great to read your posts on Facebook as you travelled but goodness, soon all 50 states! Magnificent! And so many positive steps for your health and your life. You must be proud. Well done!

Patsy, we have cold sunshine today. It is a whopping 11 degrees F. Feels colder than that. How would Katie care for that?

Buzz, we have the medicinal cannabis now in our state. I do not know any of the details. But I am hearing that whatever the level of THC allowed in the product is not sufficient to provide the needed pain relief. If the level is ever increased it will likely take a few years. Government, I just don’t know, many people are desperate for pain relief.

Marie, good day. Hoping you are well.

Jeri, having another busy weekend?

Well, should get after the snow again and maybe I have some mail by now.

Hugs all.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Nice to see you back Karen. Good news about your son.
    Sandy - snow I’m at the stage in life I’d prefer no snow. But living in Calgary that would never happen.
    Jackie - Love Love Love your picture.

We did have a very busy day. 11,054 steps. Anyone still counting steps. I got an Apple Watch for Christmas. Gave up my Garmin with misgivings but glad I did. I compete with my two daughters. It’s fun and most days their Mom beats them. LOL. But then my life is much simpler than theirs. I can’t believe how much energy Melissa burns every day.

Got to run.

Cheers

Jeri
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    My darling friends,...I made it back! I need to ask if anyone has dealt with a very painful elbow? I think I'm really falling apart! Now it's the shoulder area and the left elbow, plus the left ankle and foot! Now that left elbow makes getting into the motorized chair a very painful move, I have to admit . I've suddenly turned into a mess! Heart and lungs seem fine. Following LIN's confession, I Biofreezed the elbow frequently all day, but it didn't work. The CBD no longer eases anything! I'm concerned about taking Aleve daily. Perhaps I'll Google elbow pain! Enough complaining, so nice to have KAREN Back, eh? And even better to follow her successes.
    My MFP page keeps changing as I'm working on it! Sometime Ctrl/0 works to resize it, but often not! Perhaps this is just one of those "off" days! I awoke thinking it was Sunday for the 1st 1/2 hour! I think I'll get to bed now! Now my window is frozen and will not scroll!
  • Gawanne35
    edited January 2019
    Options
    A snowy world outside, BUT, the Suns just burst into my living room, oh happy day. EXCEPT it's 3 degrees Fahrenheit (feels like minus - 11 F) and drops further later this afternoon.
    Cheers from us - positively thinking
    😎🌞🐶🌴
    Anne, the sun, the Bean and a palm tree!
  • pinkperil
    Options
    A bright day although cool but when I reached the car park on the moors for our customary walk thick low cloud suddenly surrounded us. The car radio was playing Perry Como It's Impossible and for some reason my head and heart were suddenly transported back 40 years to my then partner and I dancing and singing to it in the kitchen at his cottage by the lake. He died a couple of years later. Wow it was an emotional couple of minutes... funny how a song or piece of music can smack you between the eyes after so many years but then off I went into the fog with the pooches.
    A bit of a lazy Sunday for me but I will get a couple of jobs completed.

Buzz, no doubt you are regularly giving blood samples but so many conditions could be causing your pain where do you start? I'm so sorry it must all make you feel miserable. Tennis elbow? Not that I know a great deal about it. Do you take regular anti inflammatory drugs? If not it might be time to at least give them a trial.

Ooh Anne, snow as well as cold... At least your new furnace should keep you and the Bean cosy. Keep waving that palm tree!

Jeri, that's brilliant with all those steps, not something I got into after seeing my dog walking buddy become obsessive even to the point of walking on the spot.... it brings the little rebel out in me! :D

Sitting here at nearly 4pm already I'm getting cold hands so time to get on.

A happy Sunday to everyone, especially those I missed.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :) I am meeting Lisa and the kids at the Children's Museum so not a lot of time. It is very cold here as well Anne at 14 degrees and a RealFeel of minus 1. I chose an indoor activity for that reason. I must buy the tickets now so I will just say hi and bye.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just been listening to a talk on the radio about sleep deprivation and why it's driving many of us bonkers.!
    I don't suffer from sleep deprivation and here's what I do on going to beddy byes. It might help ?
    About 60 years ago I started making up a story in my head and I've never got beyond the first chapter!
    I seem to fall asleep at exactly the same point. There I am after starting at the beginning of this never finished tale sitting in front of a roaring log fire, cup of hot chocolate in hand and boom I'm dead to the world! Self hypnosis? Dunno, but it works.

JACKIE, what a beautiful memory! Well worth the tears I'm sure it brought.

BUZZ I agree with JACKIE, please do take those anti inflammatory drugs, why suffer?

I ended up opening the front door to show The Bean the snow AND the cold, really to stop her looking hopeful for walkies and pestering me. It worked, you've never seen a small dog leap back into her basket AND she took Dino and purple baby rubber bone with her.

Mike cleared my drive of the FIRST light snowfall on Friday, but then we got plastered throughout Saturday and into Sunday. Mark is texting he will come over this afternoon to take a look but I don't want him to because of his back pain which has driven him off work again. The worst is when he sits at the firms computer all day. Any connection to Mark with your pain BUZZ? Sitting too long in one position?

Well must away after consuming a plateful of home fries, an egg, and veggies. I'll never be skinny! If Mark does roll up I will be out there helping him! In which case I'll be joining everyone else with joint pains.
    Bye,
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, too cold for me today. I stayed home from church. It is snowing very lightly so not too cold to snow. It has warmed up to 7 degrees F. I am watching some episodes of “Lewis” and am working on cards (of course).

Jeri, I wear both a Fitbit and an Apple Watch so I have loads of metrics urging me onward each day. Not only steps, but active minutes, active hours, flights of stairs, exercise calories, hours standing. Keeps me on my toes! Haaaaaaa. I guess it keeps me active so it’s a good thing.

Sandy, enjoy your afternoon indoors. Best option today. I never had either of my vehicles checked over before the winter weather started. The mileage on each vehicle didn’t warrant a trip for an oil change but I may have to check in with at least one dealership to see when was the last time I was there and what has they recommended that I didn’t take care of. Estimated oil life is still 100% which seems strange.

Anne, thinking warm thoughts here as well but have hot tea and an electric heater at hand. I hope you find a snow removal service. Any chance checking with your neighbors to see who they use?

Jackie, oh my yes, you never know when something will trigger loads of good or bad memories. I am sorry if that left you feeling sad. You are so industrious, I am not! I apparently do not have the proper genes to structure my life and my tasks. Always in some amount of chaos.

Buzz, eons ago I did have tennis elbow. It really was from playing tennis coupled with an improper stroke. Anyway, I used an elbow wrap, took anti-inflammatory medications, used topical remedies, cutback on the hours of play and eventually it got better. In those days I took as much over the counter pain reliever as I wanted, I am lucky to have a liver at this point as I used Tylenol like candy. I hope you find something to relieve the discomfort.

Patsy, happy weekend to you! And hello to John and Katie.

Marie, best wishes flying your way. I know football has lost its glow since a certain loss not to be named. Anyone left you could possibly pull for in the short term?

Karen, hello, hello. I trust you are well and enjoying the weekend.

Hugs all round.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jilly endlessly barking.
    Went to see why.
    Mark clearing the drive.
    Went to help him.
    All done.
    I'm inside now trying to warm up.
    It's bitterly cold with the wind.

The neighbours do their own snow removal LIN. In fact Harry is playing with his mechanical snow blower as I sit here watching him and trying to warm up. Actually I'm awfully lucky that I can still shovel! I count my blessings.
    Anne

PS I did offer to pay him to do my six or more car drive last year, but he didn't want the job. And in truth Mark and I are quicker by hand.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Was up all night trying to figure out how to ice the elbow. Now I'm on y way down to the nurse as it's the size of a golf ball and all blue and purple and everyone yelled about my not taking care of it so I'm off. Ha time to speak to DS and DDIL in Germany a few minutes ago. Read some posts and appreciate your concern, and yes, I will do something right now!
    <3 Buzz
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Brrrrrrrrrrtr! Oh my gosh! Those temps and the ice and snow....please be careful and make emergency plans if the power goes out. In addition to all the political mess, we can’t stress the first responders much further.

Our weather has been okay. We are holding our breath because our coast guard is doing everything possible to keep things operating and with no pay. God Bless them!

I also had a very bad night. I keep wondering if it is related to barometric pressure. I also wonder if dear Buzz could have those arthritis bone deposits near a nerve? I have areas in my feet, shoulder and elbow that get inflamed and ache, burn, and drive me up the wall. My less than sympathetic doctor tells me to toughen up Buttercup. No help there. Exercise is always his first prescription. Good sound advice but there are times when I would really like a magic pill.

Chicken enchiladas with a hot spicy sauce that will warm the inside as we try to wear sweaters to keep our outside warm.
    May the force be with you, dear earthlings,
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    What exactly are antiinflammatory pills? I take Aleve, and worry about it! My Dr generally follows PATSY's but there is no way I could exercise today! I can barely walk without screaming! I tried heat, as the nurse suggested, but putting my elbow on the gelpad was impossibly painful! I see the doc around 11:00 AM tomorrow morning, and I desperately need some form of sleep! Love you all!
    <3 Buzz
    ...................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen"...................
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    COLD COLD COLD. minus -22 Centigrade. -4 Fahrenheit. 'Nuff said, except why bother to buy a fridge. Annie.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Oh dear Anne, while I've enjoyed a cool but pleasant stroll across the moors. No walking for you today.

Oops, just found my application form to renew my driving licence now I'm about to hit another milestone. They want a photo too so I think I'll get that done after my hair appointment on Wednesday!!

Buzz, the Aleve you take is the same drug as my Naproxen, an anti inflammatory but it does only take the edge off and sometimes not even that. I'm also prescribed a daily gastro resistant capsule that lines my stomach to avoid damage from the Naproxen. What you are describing sounds far more than arthritic inflammation so I'm hoping as much as you that the doctor has answers this morning. Exercise is always good if you can push past the pain... not at all easy I know.

Did anyone get to see the super moon last night? It was apparently a blood moon too around 4am our time and would you believe I woke up around that time but decided not to bother to step into my frost garden for a look!

Lots of housework today so nothing exciting. Coffee finished so let the cleaning begin!! Happy Monday and I propose we all ignore any mention of a "Blue Monday"!!

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    There is a Facebook page, Friends of the Dales. Here’s what they posted this morning regarding the moon.

“Clear skies in the Dales for the eclipse of the super blood wolf moon”

umewzqxg5htb.jpeg
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    I gather aleve is an anti inflammatory drug BUZZ and at my age I would take it if I needed to. Why suffer if the pain can be relieved. I sincerely hope the doctor comes up with some answers today and, pain free, you get a good nights sleep tonight. God bless.

I'm afraid Jill is using pee pads today. She has such tiny lungs I don't want her sniffing around the garden. I remember when we first came over with Puss Thelly we were told not to let him out on extremely cold days and The Bean is smaller than most cats. She loves going out in the snow so this won't be easy keeping her in. There's no footprints in the snow from rabbits, raccoons, squirrels etc so I think they are all tucked away in hibernation.

I WAS going to look at the super blood wolf moon last night but the warm duvet beckoned instead. Maybe tonight?
    Annie.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    JACKIE, I've just found "Blue Monday" on the weather channel and the words associated with the day. I particularly liked the one describing chattering teeth. I'd never heard of Blue Monday, the third Monday in January, and I'm happy to report The Bean and I are quite joyous despite the day and the cold, she grabbing my duster and floor cloth and me chasing her around the coffee table. Ignorance is bliss again!
    Annie.